"I Hate Everything About You"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been the longest that the two seemed to get along. And as much as she wanted to celebrate it was still a bit early. But no pessimistim is needed, only optimism in a case like this. Once they had reached the car Ophelia had gotten in and went straight to the files and looked through them. Not one statement had said anything about a F&CO with was pretty normal. Most people hadn't wanted to get involved in cases so they kept to them selves and let it pass by. So the next step was to her phone, it was a quick look up before she had seen that F&CO was a...T-shirt company? "Okay...um turn out of here then make a left, once you pull up in the intersection keep straight then make another left..."

This was already taking a turn for the weird and nothing was fitting together. A T-Shirt Company kidnapping someone...maybe one of the vans had been stolen. "F&CO is a T-Shirt company that makes custom-made t-shirts then delivers them in their vans...It stands for Fashion and Company...meaning that something else is attached to the t-shirt process, a company of some sorts which is obvious but the website doesn't say" Ophelia was talking as the car started and kept doing reaserch on the place. She want going to be able to put anything together at all until she had seen the building. "You know what..." Instead of directions Opheila had out the company's address in google maps then let the woman tell her where to go.

"Now why the hell would a T-shirt company be kidnapping people? This makes no sense..." Soph muttered to herself as she drove, listening to the commands of her partner "Or... Do you think the T-shirt part is innocent? Or maybe even a cover up for the 'company'?" she asked as they kept driving "Wait... Can you cross examine the shirts the victims were wearing with shirts that this company has made? Maybe they have some sort of tracking in them and that's what's getting these victims caught!" she yelled with excitement, laughing at her own genius.

Soph was in a good mood. A damn good mood. She was going to storm into this place, badge on display and arrest whoever was responsible. It was as simple as that. And as the car pulled up to the warehouse of F&Co the woman strapped on her badge and holstered her gun. They were dealing with kidnappers here and surely with Chloroform in their arsenal they would have weapons. But her partner was the smooth talker of the two, she herself was too aggressive... But if shit went down Soph would have her back, despite how irritating she found her.

Ophelia listened as they pulled up into the driveway of the place. Her plan would have been effective if it wasn't for one thing. "U-uh....Sophia we donot know what shirts the victims were wearing, so how do we even ask about them?" How would they even ask about a piece of evidence to get it tracked if they didn't have that evidence. Or even know if they were wearing a custom made shirt by the company. "Hey we do not need a gun....whatever you do do not just go in there whipping that thing out to scare people...Let me handle it"

Why the hell was Sophia even trying jump to conclusions, they just needed to ask questions until they found out something. Ophelia stood from the car stretching as she hoped her partner would calm down for two seconds. But something deep down said that this girl didn't know how to interrogate something. Without causing them intense pain of course. She brushed herself off and combed through her hair and waited for her partner so that they could walk in together at least.

"Well..." Sophia thought about it and let out a long sigh, it was true, there was no real way they were going to know what shirt they were wearing... It was just a false hope "I guess you're right... But if it does turn out that the shirts have something to track them then you owe me!" she said with a grin as they go out the car, Sophia pulling on a jacket to wear over her gun "and relax. The gun is just a precaution. I don't actually plan to use it. But when it's a risky situation with kidnapping going on. I want to have some sort of security in case I get jumped. ok?" she lectured, rolling her eyes as she locked up the car and made her way to the building with her partner. She was going to have to do most of the talking but that didn't mean they couldn't employ a good old 'good cop bad cop' strategy.

The two soon made their way into the building and made their way to the front desk, to which Sophia gave the rather cute girl at the desk a wink "Hey, we're with the police department" she mentioned, flashing her badge "Can you show us to the higher ups here? And I ain't talking about the manager, me and my partner here want to see the big dog" she said with a grin, the girl giving them a puzzled look but pointed them in the right direction "thanks. After you partner?" she said with a small smirk, letting the more 'calm' cop take the lead.

Of course she wasn't going to mention how much of a flirt this girl seemed, being the nice person she was. But it was funny watching her interact with the girl. Then she did the whole partner thing that made her chuckled but she went back to a straight face as she passed in front of Sophia. They needed to be as lax as possible so that no one was scared away and they didn't have the opportunity to change anything in they had found out something. Once Opheila reached the door she remembered her manners and knocked on the door waiting until she had gotten a response from what seemed to be a man inside.

She opened the door and walked in sitting in front of the man's desk crossing one leg. He hadn't looked up from his computer and it seemed like they were waiting there for an hour until he had looked up from his computer a few minutes later. Then it quickly got weird as he stood up and took her hand in his kissing it softly, Ophelia quickly yanked away her hand and turned to look at Sophia asking for some help. "Sir...we're here with the police department and we would like to ask you some questions..."
He looked at both of them for a second then The weirdness shown through his French accent, "I assure you that F&CO has done nothing to offend the police department..." She looked at him and pulled out the files that she had grabbed of Steven and placed it on his desk showing him what she was taking about. "This boy was kidnapped and a witness claimed to see one of your vans in the scene...could you tell us who was driving a van down Whittman street at about 12 midnight?"

It really grinded her gears how Ophelia would always knock before entering. They were the police! It didn't matter if they were working or getting changed, questions needed answers and they were never going to get them with her 'manners' at this rate. But Soph decided to keep it to herself for once, especially seeing as the person in question was on the other side of the door. Last thing they wanted to do was show weakness in front of him, though she would surely have to bring that up later.

During the french mans speech Soph wore a scowl. Not only had he not acknowledged her existence but she also didn't get a kiss on the hand... It was a small thing but she liked affection too! Either way when it came to the questions he shook his head "non madame I am sorry. Nobody should be on the road at that time, the garages are closed and I myself lock them up. There must be er... some sort of mistake, you could say" he said with a smile "If that is all then may I ask that..." he was cut off as Soph stormed up to him, growling as she pushed him in to the wall "We trust a damn witness a hell of a lot more than you frenchy. Now tell us, who's behind the kidnappings. Or I swear this place is going to get real trashed. And I'm not just talking about your pretty little office!" she yelled, eyes glaring at him like lasers, arms folded across her chest "And don't you dare think I'm bluffing."

"Sophia!" Ophelia ran up to her and pulled her off the man and pushed her on the other side of the room. "I am so sorry for my partner...she meant nothing that she had said..." But it was too late, Frenchy as she called him was pissed. And it was clear as she sat back down in his seat brushing himself off. They were all non-threatening but he just had an aura about him as he did it. "I would love to help you both, but sadly I cannot because I told you everything...now both of you leave...I will not be degraded and assaulted, lucky I don't press charges for police brutality." Ophelia looked at him and looked back at Sophia sighing a bit. "I'm sorry sir, thank you for you time and help" she stood up from her seat and looked at Sophia pushing her outside the office.

She would have been better off leaving her in the car with the windows cracked.
"Come on....lets get out of here" she was irritated of course. How the hell could someone be so aggressive to assault someone who they needed help from. Once they got outside the fighting an arguing could start cause dammit she had a lot to say. "What the hell was going through your head! Assaulting the man we were interogatng was not a smart idea so you better have another good idea as to how we're supposed to ask him more questions?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophia was speechless the whole time she was pushed out of the building. What the hell was her partner doing!? If they'd just given him another threat, another small nudge, he would have cracked for sure, spilling everything for them. But no! Ms. Righteous had to go and ruin the party by pushing her out the door and taking all progress they had made with it. She was furious! And finally as she got to the car Ophelia seemed to have a lit to say.

"What was I doing!? I was doing my job! He's guilty! I can smell it on his smug little breath!" she scowled, getting right up in her partners face, glaring at her the same way she had frenchy "He was on the brink Ophelia! I tell you, if I have given him one more push he would of cracked! I was sure of it!" she growled, giving her partner a small push "but no. You had to go and ruin it by being all goody two shoes and throwing away all progress we've made so far. Where do we go now huh!? What's your brilliant plan now!?" she scowled, opening the drivers seat, getting in and slamming it shut "because I'm just the chauffeur I'l drive you there madame!" she yelled sarcastically "because what use am I otherwise!?"

Ophelia got in the car as well frustrated. "Oh really someone as cocky as you asking that question?" She chuckled sarcastically and rolled her eyes. They couldn't have gone any further with that because that could have put both of them in trouble. Sophia might not have cared but she still did so Ophelia refused to let that happen. Plus she felt as if he was telling the truth and actually didn't know about the boy's dissapperance.

"What you were doing was assaulting an innocent man who we were investigating...what you could have done was get the department sued for police brutality did you think about that one!" She did know why she didn't listen to her gut when it came to Sophia's interrogation skills. This woman was too crazy and didn't care abut anything when she should. Treating a person like that could result in them getting in huge trouble.

Why... Why had she been paired with this to the book stroppy bitch!? Sophia felt like she had never hated a person so much in her life, and it was true. Most people were tolerant of her ways, her ways got results. But this woman... This Ophelia... She seemed to scream every time a single foot was out of line "You know why I did that? That man was guilty. It was written all over his smug face" she growled, putting her feet up on the car dash. It didn't seem like they were driving anywhere anytime soon "But you know what? Maybe you don't care about results. Maybe you don't know that sometimes you HAVE to break the rules!" she screamed, deciding that she had had enough. She didn't need this partner. She didn't need anyone.

Soph pushed open the door and threw her keys at Ophelia, not really caring if they landed on her lap or hit her in the face. She was done and there was nothing else anyone could do to make her spend more time with that demon. She slammed the door, gave her 'partner' a wave and just decided to walk off. Where was she going? Home. It was going to take her a good hour of walking to get there but it didn't matter. At least she wasn't spending time with 'her'.

Dammit! This wasn't working for anyone, if this was going to work then she was going to break some rules. But breaking rules lead to...Ophelia didn't think about it as she climbed over to the drivers seat and stuck the key in the ignition. Not matter how frustrating this woman could be, she was still her partner. But if it came down to it she was still a bit shakey if it were to come down to her actually getting her back watched. Ophelia drove over to her walking then rolled the window down sighing, she would have to be the bigger woman in this situation "Come on get in the car...I have an idea that might appease the likes of you...just, please get in the car"

She kept the car moving slowly by her walking figure making sure not to speed up or go to slow. Ophelia had an idea it was pretty risky but it was going to show her that she could be on the edge. Or she was going to try to be at least but the plan she had didn't really play the books, which scared her the most. But she needed to be able to trust Sophia if it came down to it...she needed to know if her life was on the line that this girl would at least try to save her. "Come on partner...I'll try not to be such a rule abiding brat if that makes you feel any better?"

Damn goodie two shoes... They always had to ruin the fun. It was strange but Sophia had a deep, strong hate for her, more than she should reasonably have for how long they had known each other. She just couldn't figure out why up until just now... Soph though back to when she was a child, to be fair she was rather similar to who she was now, but back then she wasn't nearly as good at what she did. She was a pretty poor student even in primary school and being rebellious and playing pranks seemed to be the only way she got to live. But it was then Sophia realized who her new partner reminded her of... The one girl, a total such up to the teacher who rated on her at every point she got. Her smug little face was so irritating and it just seemed to be there every time Sophia tried to have a little fun. Even now, so many years later the woman found herself clenching her fists at the thought of the girl. Yet maybe she was being a little unfair on her dumb partner...

It was then she heard her voice, snapping out of her angry trance to see her in the car along side her, talking about some plan that might appease her. Was Ophelia talking about... breaking the rules?! A child like grin spread over Sophia's face as she swung the passenger door open and jumped in, smiling wide as she buckled up "Right, now you've got my attention. What's the plan?" she asked, blushing a little as she let out a sigh "And... Don't worry about it... I'l try to stop being such a show offy hard case..." she admitted with a small shake of her head. Listening closely to her partners idea.

Ophelia smirked at her words and shook her head as she started to actually drive the car but just went across the street to a little burger place that she had just seen. She was getting a little hungry but just went to the parking lot that gave them the full view of the F&CO building. "When we walked in and you were flirting with the desk person I looked around the building and saw that there was a weirdly placed door...Of course it was locked down but...if we could sneak into the building once it closes and get the keys that 'Frenchy' has on a key ring behind his desk I'm pretty sure we could find something" her plan wasn't risky but if they had found something they couldn't use that evidence. Cause first off they couldn't use anything without a warrant and because she was talking about breaking the law.

Opheila looked over at her and turned the car off breathing in.
"You don't like me and it's pretty clear that I don't like you, I don't care for your reasons and I know you don't care about mine...but these people matter more and that man was telling the truth he wasn't guilty...but that company isn't as innocent....something's just off and I want to find out what that is and I know it's behind that door...I just feel that it is" Breaking the rules just seemed like a major sin to her because of the family she grew up with. But she was just going to have to let up of they wanted to find these people since Sophia had the potiental of getting them sued. She couldn't even believe that this idea was coming out of her mouth but honestly that was the only thing she could think of.

Sophia listened carefully. To be fair her plan was sound, and everything the woman liked to hear in a plan. It was just risky enough to be exciting and still get the job done. Of course the two were going to have to wait for a while but that was ok. They could wait. Plus, they were at a burger place, they could binge out on a meal, sit in their car and wait for the place to close up. Until then the two could just relax and maybe, just maybe get to know and understand each other more. Soph gave her partner a grin and let out a small sigh "I like your plan. It's sound and your good eyes seemed to come in useful in there but... I wasn't flirting..." she said with a slight blush, though she couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"But Ophelia... I don't hate you. Not for the right reasons anyway. You just remind me a lot of somebody I knew... Somebody who made my life a living hell a long time ago... Listen, how about I buy you your dinner? It's on me. And... Call me Soph, most of my friends do and I'd like us to be that. We cool?" she asked, holding out her hand for her partner to shake. Hopefully this was the start of them being friends... and if not then this case was going to stay a hard case. But Sophia dearly hoped Ophelia took her offer.

Ophelia didn't ask about this mysterious person, and she didn't want to either. Of course she was still trying to determine if she should actually classify her as a friend. But she still needed to trust her partner so it would be a step in the right way, the step they needed badly. She looked at her hand and sighed rolling her eyes as she shook her hand, "Only cause you're buying me dinner" she teased pulling her hand back as she stepped out of the car. They were still going to be them though since they were polar opposites. But now they were just going to fight like cat and dog as friends. "But I think I'll still call you Sophia, only cause I'll probably never call you Soph and it feel natrual"

She chuckled softly then shut the door as she stuck her hands in her pockets walking into the small burger place. It was her cheat day so it wasn't so life threatening to her diet that she was going to eat a burger. But she made herself feel better by saying that she wasn't going to eat all of it. Ophelia walked up to the counter and looked at the menu before ordering herself a Deluxe double cheese burger with fries and a chocolate banana milkshake. When it was a cheat day she took full advantage, especially since it's free.

Sophia didn't know who she liked better. The Ophelia that was always on about the rules, constantly on her back to make sure she too was following them, coupled with the bitching and the yelling. Or this tease that she seemed to awaken... Sophia couldn't help but shake her head as she got out of the car. What was wrong with Soph!? Sophia was always so girly and feminine. It was cute but it wasn't exactly how she operated. Surprisingly that wasn't the sort of girl she was. Not to mention the name was rather boring, at least Ophelia didn't have that problem.

Once they both ordered and Sophia payed they sat down in one of the booths and waited for their food to arrive. She gave Ophelia a smile as she sat down and let out a long sigh "Look. I'm glad we can at least tolerate each other. To be fair you're a nice girl... I don't really have much of a reason to hate you... Even if we're pretty different." she mentioned, just trying to make sure the two were cool with each other. Sophia sipped on a water bottle she had as she checked the cheque. She had just told the girl at the counter to double what ever Ophelia had ordered but she almost spat out her water when she saw the price "Well... I might hate you for the small fortune you just cost me... I didn't even know you could spend that much at a place like this!" she said in surprise, looking a little pissed off until she faced her partner, smirking before bursting out into laughter "you bitch!" she yelled as she laughed.

Ophelia chuckled at her and faked a surprised face as she held a hand over her chest. "What as I recall you're the one that offered to pay for my meal...I'll take a free meal any day..Soph" Opheila smirked as she rested her chin in her hand. It how stay had sucked quite a bit that she didn't get to meet Sophia under these circumstances. Cause she wasn't half bad once you got past the cocky know it all exterior. But now Ophelia could kinda be herself, her fun loving self. Well she could be that fun loving self until they got back to work, then She would have to buckle down and be a bit more serious than fun.

As there food came Ophelia smiled at the waitress and looked down at her food starving. She had a small breakfast which made her all the more hingry when she looked at it. Ophelia picked up a fry and waved it around a bit as she talked.
"Plus in my cheat day I go hard or go home...no point of being on a diet if you can't cheat every once in a while" she smirked laughing a bit as she stuck the fry in her mouth and drooled a bit at the saltiness. Of corse fattening food was delicious but it was unhealthy and in her line of work being unhealthy wasn't particularly a good thing. "But anyway Ms.Vulgar Language...tell me about yourself...anything you want me to know"

Sophia scrunched her face a little at the teasing. Who was this girl? Minutes ago they were at each others throats and now they were poking fun at each other like they were both old friends. It was more than a little crazy but... It was nice. The two of them were good at their jobs and took them very seriously, but it was nice to see that Ophelia was a bit of fun outside of work. Soph had wondered how she would have managed to stay so uppity twenty four seven. "Well. If you must know little Ms.Goodie Two Shoes. There isn't really much to say. I'm single, born in raised in good old Wolverhampton. I have two older brothers, a cat named Slink... and... yea. Guess that's about it" she mentioned with a small shrug.

"What about you? Living at home with mummy and daddy still?" she teased with a wide grin "That why you're always so up tight?" she asked as she reached across to poke her partner in the shoulder, picking up her burger and taking a large bite. She always like to eat her burger first... Chips were like a side option. But the greasiness was just so good. It had been forever since the woman had even touched bad food and now she felt like a king as she chowed down. Wondering what Ophelia was actually like.

Ophelia stopped laughing but still smiled as she started to pick at her food. She honestly hated talking about herself but she probably wasn't going to say anything to rough. "Oh shut up...I love in my apartment with my little puppy Edgar...but no mummy and daddy is daddy and daddy...I was adopted when I was thirteen and I have an older brother nothing too serious" Ophelia picked up her burger and took a small bite. She tried to make it seem nonchalant but her life sucked, well her upbringing was a bit harder than it should have been.

She pushed some of her ginger hair out of her face and decided to change the topic.
"I actually got this stupid nickname from my first boyfriend...he called me snap, and at first I was confused the when I told my dad he stared to laugh...he told me that snaps came from ginger snaps" she chuckled looking back on it now as she stuck another chip in her mouth then looked over at the ketchup and put a little bit in her plate. "I was so embarrassed that my first nickname was snaps...so what about you, any stupid nicknames I could use against you? And don't tell me Soph" Opheila wanted to stay away from any family questions for the rest of this conversation. She would hate to become hostile with one question or worse, lie completely.

Oh so now it made a lot of sense. Soph couldn't help but give a sly smile towards her partner when she talked about her family, they must have been super over protective of the poor girl, would explain why she followed the rules to a tee and was a bit of a stuck up girl. Sophie guessed if she was naughty as a child her dads would have come down on her like a ton of bricks, but she decided to keep it to herself, though the new nickname was something she could use, rather cute and lucky for a nickname, hell of Sophie hadn't heard some bad ones in her time.

"Snaps is cute, don't see why you wouldn't like it" she said with a small giggle, wiping a bit of sauce from her lips "well... I guess if we are talking nicknames I haven't really gotten any from any boyfriends... I seem to scare most guys off, never really got with one" she said simply with a shrug of her shoulders "I was the youngest out of my siblings so shrimp was a bit of a name that stuck around. I mean I'm not sure if you've noticed but I'm a bit of a short girl with a short temper. It fits, doesn't bother me too much" she added, finishing off her burger "But it's nice to hear that gay couples can have a family in todays society. Worlds definitely moved a lot in the last five or so years huh?" she said rather casually, starting to nibble at her chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.