I hate being single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess im the only one who thinks it lol

Who we see ourselves as is much different as what others do. Don't be hard on yourself

Alright i wont.

Yeah you look 19. And hey... it takes a few bad relationships to make you recognize and appreciate the real deal when that comes along.

Just go on a few dates. Sooner or later you'll start feeling more like yourself.

I'd say the best thing to do is figure out you. Everyone else has already put in the best advice they could for you—now it's up for you to put that together, if you like, and figure out what works and how.

You can go on dates, test waters, allow yourself the freedom of friendship. At this point, I personally don't think it's healthy for you to jump into any serious relationship, but you may think differently. Discovery more of self other than appearance and reliance on others is as good an endeavor as any, especially if you wish to foster new relationships, no matter who they're with. You are you; they are them. The real challenge is figuring out what "you" means without the attachments from other people (though, as was said, a long-winded quest of self could end in shit).

If people make assumptions about you that have no real basis, that's their problem. You certainly don't put off any asshole vibes. Sometimes people misinterpret what they're seeing or hearing, and confidence means different things for different people. Every person has their own line for where "overconfidence" begins and that is, again, not your problem.

I don't know where I'm going with this.

[BCOLOR=#000000]If I may try my hand at understanding what castigat is trying to say is that you should just worry about what's simply best for your well being and happiness.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Now I'm only a 20 year old ( I'm also told constantly that I look younger than I really am -.- ) who is technically single but is in an iffy situation at the moment. But I do understand being in crappy relationships as well as being taken advantage of.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]This will blow past if you give it time and it may be for the better since it seems you are just stepping out into the world. Relationships aren't top priority in this stage of life though I do agree companionship makes the burdens easier to carry.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]I feel as if I may stray from topic any moment. I hope I have made sense and my guess of what the kindly person above me has been at least a little correct. ^3^[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]- Winds be at your back~[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: castigat
To be /that/ guy:
Single master-race!
:: Cheaper!
:: More time!
:: No one to pick out everything you do wrong!
:: More bed space!
:: Other reasons!

Besides, who needed compassion anyway!

I've never had a long term relationship like that before. You are strong buddy. Let me tell you that. I don't know if I could handle that kind of treatment from another person. Like those stupid cat posters say though "hang in there". It'll get better. Find yourself a better girl.

Being married for five years I'll give you one little line of advice;

Don't Rush It

You've, by all technicality these days, have close to 80-90 years to find someone who loves you just as much as you love them.

You're nineteen, go be crazy (within reason), explore your passions, travel if you can, reach out to meet new people, learn new skills or try new hobbies. Don't try to grow up so fast. I had to grow up really fast at the age of 18 when I got married and it's a struggle to go from being an almost care-free High School graduate to someone who is expected, via mutual agreement at the time, to care for a family. I didn't take the time I needed to grow up a bit more and have been woefully unprepared for how much a solid committed relationship has thrown at me.

Doesn't mean you should sit back and wait, go look, but take time to work on developing yourself too.

Reactions: Desperado
I enjoy being single at times. Other times you just want someone you can connect with on a personal level. I will admit I do get jealous at seeing couples holding hands and kissing in public. But I take it like this. When my time comes and I feel a possible connection with a woman and Attracted. I know then I can give her my best love. Red rose's, romantic dinner. My whole heart.(And then theres the chance of the heart brake...but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!) Hang in there and enjoy your freedom. Just know your not alone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.