I found it difficult to pick between these two...

Pick one

• Immortality

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

Isabella Hime

Winter is coming...
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Power of Teleportation.. go anywhere any time you want or Immortality.. Live long time and see many cool things in history along the way..

I picked teleportation. .__.

As cool as it would be to see History as it happens, there would be a lot of things I DON'T want to see. t___t It would eventually drive me mad.

But teleportation, I could use the FUCK out of that skill right now! ><

there's a reason my IW character basically has both powers. I like them both, on the condition that the immortality is voluntarily. I like teleportation better because you can avoid a lot of deaths with it if applied correctly. It would also allow me to visit anyone I wanted within seconds.

EDIT: The FUCK out of that skills is exactly what passed through MY mind XD

I chose teleportation because firstly, I don't have a car or driver's license, yet, so it would allow me to go where I want to without my parents' help. Secondly, I could wake up later for school (5:45 instead of 5:00 is not too much better, but it helps). Also, immortality would make me unmotivated to do much with my life if I had all the time in the world to do it.

Immortality, screw dying.

Immortality. Besides teleportation, wrapping? That sort of thing is usually just a standard ability or spell in some games/media. DBZ? People do that all the time. Early FF games? Most mages learn it without having to do anything particularly special. Etc.

If you're Immortal and don't die from aging, then why not just build a portable teleporter device or learn how to use magic for it? As simple as that. That's why immortality is better, more long term usefulness.

Teleporting! It would save so much money to go from one place to another and imagine all the people I could meet and visit!

Plus immortality sucks if you're the only immortal and you have to watch your friends and family die. <_<

I thought about the family and friends thing.. but most of them will die in your life time any way.. you will still have to endure it.. so why not be immortal while it happens.. plus you can all ways get new friends..

You know why none of the girls are saying immortality? 'Cause if you don't get youth to go with it, you get to be an old hag. Guys just get to look like wise old wizards, even if they're dumb as rocks, but women, hag!

Teleporters have the advantage of fast and easy power/advantages immediately. Assuming a teleporter just figured out he can teleport anywhere, and he fought a person who just realized he's immortal, the teleporter can win easily. He just teleports the hapless immortal into a really hot place, underneath the earth, or deep beneath the ocean, then warps back out. The hapless newly immortalized guy won't know what hit 'im, and will stay stuck for an eternity.

Immortality brings more possibilities to the table that even those with teleportation cannot fathom. Assuming an immortal has aged enough and used his immortality well, he could learn arcane secrets, developed technologies, or made friends with people you normally couldn't in one lifetime. Not to mention all the experience - you may be able to even predict the teleporter's jumps in the fight and work against it.

Not to mention that if the immortal has gotten used to the fact that pain is meaningless, the usual teleporter trick of sticking him somewhere won't work - if for instance, he grabs hold of the teleporter much harder than a normal person would, without regard to his fingers or joints/muscles. The teleporter would have a harder time getting rid of him as a result.

I'd choose immortality in this case.

Teleportation hands down.

First of all as your grow older your perception of time changes:
You know how when you were a kid an hour seemed like forever? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like your mind is Flash Gordon on speed.

Secondly, let's say that you are ok with being a freakin hermit and somehow the world survives the possibilities of asteroid strikes, WWIII, etc. etc. eventually like five billion years from now the sun will expand to a red giant and roast everything and you will be the only thing that survives, and the Sun eventually rips earth to rubble through gravity. Now I know what you're thinking "I"ll just float to some other galaxy and chill there man after all the Andromeda galaxy is only 1500 light years away man I have all the time in the world eerr... rather space!"

However your speed of float will never get you there as in a few trillion or so years entropy kicks in where everything is the same. No stars or black holes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, with you floating there in the void FOREVER.

And that's why it would suck to be immortal.

Thus teleportation wins.

I thought about the family and friends thing.. but most of them will die in your life time any way.. you will still have to endure it.. so why not be immortal while it happens.. plus you can all ways get new friends..

You're thinking too hard again, Pan-luff. *petpets Pan and distracts with a lovely pink gown*

But I'm already undead and I can tap into magical energies....

Immortality on this one. It's good for planning. I don't really care if I look like an old hoot, I like my grit.

What if I knew I could teleport, but...
-I can't control it, thus leading me to teleport into walls, or worse, into THE FUCKING SUN?
-Someone or something can 'pull' me out in the process of teleportation?
-Someone or something makes contact with me in the process of teleportation that can do bad stuff to people?
-Repeated teleportation will wear my body down?

I will always assume hyperspace is a scary place. Teleporters would live fast an' loud, I assume.

Time teleporters would technically be immortal.. Once the start going around in time they'd exist everywhere at all times.. Because at one point in time they would have went to those other points in time..So then they exist everywhere at all times like Anna..

Isn't immortality that on your OWN you can live forever without dying of natural causes or basic stuff like starvation/dehydration?

Immortality to me just means you stay looking as young as you are when you get it if you're lucky.

But does that mean you can LIVE through something like complete incineration?

Half you guys picking immortality seem like you're throwing in INVINCIBILITY as a given part of being immortal.

Wanna live forever if you lose half your torso? Does it regrow magically? Can you survive gunshot wounds without treatment? Beyond decapitation?

I pick teleportation . . . as long as I can control it.

Otherwise I'll stay the way I am.

Teleportation.. I'm lonely enough as it is without knowing that I'll outlive everyone I ever meet..

Oh, then if it's jut immortality/eternal youth, I'd still choose it.

Teleportation is kinda just an optional thing for me, anyway, and if I wanted to die, I'd just find a warzone to die in.

But still if you play your cards right, the experience you accumulate over the years could give you an edge over a teleporter.