I found it difficult to pick between these two...

Pick one

• Immortality

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
I said Teleportation because if you were immortal and got board after living for many millenniums you can't kill your self at all. So teleporting I say would be the way to go.

I'd take Immortality as I would imagine it being the ability to live forever by not dieing of natura causes, or the passing of time. Hopefully you could toss in eternal youth with it.

I choose that because as Pan mentioned, you'll often see friends, and family dieing at one point, and the upside to immortality is you won't feel rushed to make progress in a game of beat the clock. You'd have an eternity to truly fathom, and understand life. Also for a man who's afraid of what happens after death (Like me) you could essentially cheat the system, and know that for all intents and purposes... you will wake up when the sun rises the next morning.

Yeah I can see having the upsides for immortality but I still stand with teleportation. I would love to have immortality because the fact you can get stabbed and not die though it makes me think... Would you still feel the pain and just sleep for about a 24 hour period and wake back up... or would you stay standing and have a bullet lodged in your heart or anything for that matter and not feel a thing?

Teleportation all the way.

Cos I mean, seriously, who wants to live forever? People annoy me enough as it is; I don't want to spend eternity (or however much longer our species lasts) around them.

Teleportation, because I sure as hell don't want to live forever.

Teleportation, in a heartbeat.

Immortality has myriad problems. At the very least, boredom would quickly become an issue (quickly being, oh, say a hundred years or so.) Also, the prospect of watching everything I care about crumble into dust isn't very appealing.
Now, limited immortality (i.e. immunity to disease, protection against death by violence, or invulerability) would be more tempting.

I picked teleportation.

Not only because immortality would kill the adventure, fun, and point of our lives, but also because I'd rather be able to go wherever I want and die normally, after living a great life and meeting amazing people than live forever and someday wallow in loneliness x3

Man, teleportation for sure. Did you guys read Tuck Everlasing?

Besides, look at all the travel you could do!

To substantiate what Paorou said a bit more, an immortal could also eventually figure out how to teleport, even if it's by artificial means.

ESPECIALLY if it's by artificial means.

Teleportation, I don't feel like living forever and watching the world go to waste.

You know why none of the girls are saying immortality? 'Cause if you don't get youth to go with it, you get to be an old hag. Guys just get to look like wise old wizards, even if they're dumb as rocks, but women, hag!

Doesn't immortality imply eternal youth? I can't even imagine aging while being immortal... o_o;; Scary thought.

Teleportation btw. For all the reasons discussed.