I FORGOT MOTHERS DAY IS TOMORROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

govangogh

WHAT'S THE NORMAL PRICE RANGE OF A GIFT THAT SHOULD BE EXPECTED FROM A BROKE ASS SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD

Reactions: Peter Feels
Just get a ten buck bouquet at Price Chopper and a card. Then add a hasty explanation of why you just got her crappy flowers.

Don't know your mom but I'm betting service will suffice. Get her some flowers and make her a gift certificate(s) for some sort of chore you always bitch about or put off and then when she cashes it in do it without bitching.

(A clever and long thinking person might even start bitching now about a less odious chore in anticipation of next year's mother's day gift certificate)

Free.

It's more about the effort you do than the money you spend.
Your mother will likely care more about something home made then something bought for cheap.

Reactions: Hana
Spend time with her, do stuff with her she enjoys doing. For instance, my mom likes gardening, so I always liked to help her out with that, and I usually took her out for dinner. It's not the cost of something, it's just showing your mom (and dad come father's day) that you are thankful for them and that you want to make some special effort to appreciate them.

Reactions: Mu
I do all that thankful stuff every day and I resent the implication that I do not. >:[

She said me finishing my physics modules will be gift enough.

I often tell my mother that the continuous gift of my existence should be enough. Then she gives me a wry look and I take her out to lunch.

You could try that sans the lunch part.

I do all that thankful stuff every day and I resent the implication that I do not. >:[
Then in all honesty Mothers day is a bit more of a formality then, since you essentially have it everyday.

However I get the desire to make the day special, in which case you either need to break out the big guns with creativity, or spend a few bucks on a gift.
I'd suggest chocolate, people love Chocolate. :3

Make dinner. Make her favorite food or one you know she likes to eat.

A couple years ago, my mum's boyfriend filled a shoe box with household essentials - loo roll, tea bags, that sort of thing - and gave it to my mum as a mother's day present. He deliberately put all the stuff in there that he knew we always forgot to buy. She teared up and said it was one of the best presents she'd ever had, because of the humour of it and the thoughtfulness, the fact that it showed he knows her so well as to know the things she always forgets, and to be there for her. Very simple, very sweet, and very meaningful present.
My mum also loved when me and my brother took her to see Rocky Horror live in Edinburgh. She's loved it for years and years and couldn't afford to take us all, and it showed how much we know her to take her to see one of her favourite shows, particularly after she'd been so distraught about not having the money to go. That one cost money, but what meant something was the thought, for her.

That's the sort of thing that makes the best gift, imo. If there's something she hates doing, do it for her. If there's things she forgets, get them for her. Show your appreciation by supporting her, and showing that you know her. ^^ so I'm gonna ditto @LunaValentine - one thing you can do is cook her favourite meal, so she gets to relax for the evening and gets something she might not get very often. Spend time with her, doing her favourite stuff.

Try to make something for her in a non-costly way, maybe?

Like, one year I made a bunch of origami lilies (her favorite flower). She still has those sitting in a vase somewhere. o.o

It was actually kind of funny when we acknowledged that they were still there several months after Mother's Day. Cuz, you know, if they were real flowers, my mom would've hung onto them until they started wilting, but uh... these will last virtually forever, soo... XD

Hopefully that story will help you, somehow? Sorry I got a bit off-topic.

About a week ago, my family (mom included) were joking around, pretty much saying that we're too lazy to get her a two dollar card, so we'll get her two bucks instead.

I'm getting my mother $2. She's gonna laugh.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.