I finally did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenLady

This is going to be so weird, but for the longest time I have dreamed of being a published author. I have been working on a book series, The Sylvia Chronicles, since high school. Well, I was just informed that my first book in the series, Sylvia: The Last Ranger, is officially published.

Now, while I don't know whether to jump for joy or throw up my guts...I have to admit I'm excited. I know that this first one is not what it could be...I have certainly spent a lot of sleepless nights over it. My indecision to publish would have killed me in the end had a friend of mine (to remain nameless) not encouraged me. They said, "No matter how many nights you spend thinking over this and trying to perfect it, it won't change the mind of your readers. You will either spend forever worrying over what people will think of you, or you can publish for the sake of yourself."

So, I can happily announce that my book is now available for purchase. Here:

I'm giving Iwakuans a nice 15% off when you follow this link...and I'm very proud to say that I already have two more books lined up to be finished and published within the year. *crosses fingers*

Please stop by, let me know what you think, and please....don't be too rough on me. I've been hard enough on myself about this whole thing.

Last edited:
whoooo! congrats!!! That is a very exciting thing!

(`_´)ゞ Not a problem! Perhaps after my next paycheck I will make a purchase of the book!

• Thank You
Reactions: GreenLady
That would be amazing. I'm really nervous...my editor said it was great, but here's always the anxiety.

:D Congratulations on the publishing of your work. I read the description on your link and it seems deep and exciting. I wish you the best of luck and hope to read your work in the future.

Thank you! I'm glad it seems deep and exciting to you.

I know your real naaammmeeee~ <\creepyvoice>

I don't have any book money right now but I'm bookmarking the page for when I do!

Just remember to thank me...For doing nothing to help publish or write the book. Really, I don't even know you. Lol

But seriously, That great. I hope your series gets a movie in 5 years that 13-17 year old girls die over.

Thank you all! The support is very encouraging! I hope my series makes it big. I plan to be writing for a long time now. =)

Girl, that's awesome. I hope you make it big, and can make your living by writing. That is a dream shared by many, and attained by few.

Getting published is a big deal. Congrats.

Thank you very much! I am already halfway done with my western romance novel that should be out either this or next year.

For those of you that aren't interested in fantasy or romance...I will let you know that I'm working on a secret project...not even my family knows.

Its demonhunter novel. Not sure when it will be ready for release but it is in the works.

For those of you that aren't interested in fantasy or romance...I will let you know that I'm working on a secret project...not even my family knows.

Its demonhunter novel. Not sure when it will be ready for release but it is in the works.

Congrats! I picked up a copy for myself. I'll be sure to rave over it when it gets here for me to read through it. :)

• Thank You
I might pick myself up a copy. Not too big on romance, but I do like fantasy. ;)

Congrats, I have been trying to write a novel since I was 11 with no luck.
You ma'am are a better person than I.

Conratulations! Though I am unable to buy the book at this moment and I already have a metric pile of reading to burn through, I think I will eventually take a look at your work. Nevertheless, I am also planning on publishing and seeing another author get her chance with the "big press" is impressive, not to mention motivating. I wish you the best of luck.

• Love
This is great!! Congrats. Though I don't have time to read it right now, I'll be buying it with my next paycheck. I know I'll get around to it eventually!

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.