I feel very awkward doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Canidae

Original poster
Hello there!
As the title says I am not in my comfort zone rn. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I'm Jo. I come from Iceland - to answer any questions you might have thought of just now: no; we do not live in igloos, yes; we have internet, no; we're not so behind that we don't know what Gangnam Style is, yes; we are all vikings and drink from the skulls of our enemies - but my English is better than most peoples. Why I do not know, let's not question these things.

I am definitely not new to roleplaying or websites like these, I've been on several, buuuut I've never been on this one so I would like some help getting started :')
I'm kind of sick right now and sick = bored so PM (I don't even know if you have that kind of system here) me if you wanna talk.
Having a pal would be nice.
Don't do it just because you feel sorry for me though :')

Reactions: inkedpoet
Damn, she covered all the questions I had to ask. >:^l Welcome to Iwaku! You showed up just when we dazzled ourselves up a little. I also love Ilya's work. <3

Hey there, Jo! I understand the uncomfortable feeling, but try not to! We're super friendly, helpful, and outgoing here. :D You're on a roleplay forum, everyone is a little bit of a nerd here, so don't feel like you'll stand out. 8D

Anyways, if you need someone to help get you started, I'd really suggest the Newbie Care Package: Newbie Care Package

That is exactly what it is for! Not only can you get free goodies (like avatars and such), but you can also request a guide! A guide will help you around the site by answering questions and being a great resource for you for a while. If you have any immediate questions, I'm happy to help, but definitely snag yourself a guide. ;D They're awesome.

Anyways, what sort of roleplays do you enjoy?

Hello Canidae! :D

There's no reason to feel too awkward about self-introductions, though saying that will make me such a hypocrite since I was really awkward with my own to be honest xD

OH! ICELAND! You're a fellow Scandinavian then! (Iceland is a part of Scandinavia right? ^^;) ANYWAY! :D You're pretty close to me then! Welcome to iwaku indeed! :D

If you want to you can check out the Newbie Care Package as it'll provide you a guide for the first month you're spending on Iwaku, but can also be the very first friend you make here! :D <3

You can also check out the Getting Started ! guide as it'll help you navigate around the site a little bit easier ^^ <3

Ugh, being sick is the worst, but thinking of the cold we have I'm sure you're not too much warmer :X I wish you good luck and better health! :D <3

Happy writing, hopefully it'll solve your boredom! :D

Everybody around here's relaxed and friendly, so just get comfy in whatever way suits you and do your own thing. Iwaku will accommodate you no problem. Here, have this cookie, and enjoy your stay!

Damn, she covered all the questions I had to ask. >:^l Welcome to Iwaku! You showed up just when we dazzled ourselves up a little. I also love Ilya's work. <3
Haha, goddamn so I don't seem dark and mysterious?
Yeah, his work is so lovely! I heard a rumour somewhere that he's actually a group of people, but that just sounds like some strange conspiracy theory to me lol

Hey there, Jo! I understand the uncomfortable feeling, but try not to! We're super friendly, helpful, and outgoing here. :D You're on a roleplay forum, everyone is a little bit of a nerd here, so don't feel like you'll stand out. 8D

Anyways, if you need someone to help get you started, I'd really suggest the Newbie Care Package: Newbie Care Package

That is exactly what it is for! Not only can you get free goodies (like avatars and such), but you can also request a guide! A guide will help you around the site by answering questions and being a great resource for you for a while. If you have any immediate questions, I'm happy to help, but definitely snag yourself a guide. ;D They're awesome.

Anyways, what sort of roleplays do you enjoy?
Thank you so much! Yeah, I can see already that the people on here are very friendly haha!
I enjoy pretty much all roleplays actually. But I guess what I do most of is romance and fantasy. I love creating new worlds along with whoever my RPing partner is.

Reactions: Nav
Thank you so much! Yeah, I can see already that the people on here are very friendly haha!
I enjoy pretty much all roleplays actually. But I guess what I do most of is romance and fantasy. I love creating new worlds along with whoever my RPing partner is.

Oh nice! All three of those are super popular, so you shouldn't have ANY trouble finding partners/groups. :P

Haha! I don't think I've ever wondered the igloo thing! Though I did used to wonder why Iceland was said to be green and Greenland was said to be icy cold. Still do, actually. xD You'll have to fight with a couple other people here for the title of blood-drinking viking, ngl we do have a few. We do have PMs here! Though they're TECHNICALLY called "Conversations." We do also have a number of people for whom English is not their first language throughout the site, and your English is, as you say, quite good, so I wouldn't worry about that. ANYWAYS. Welcome to the site. If you have any questions, don't be shy and go ahead and ask any staff or interns!

Hello Canidae! :D

There's no reason to feel too awkward about self-introductions, though saying that will make me such a hypocrite since I was really awkward with my own to be honest xD

OH! ICELAND! You're a fellow Scandinavian then! (Iceland is a part of Scandinavia right? ^^;) ANYWAY! :D You're pretty close to me then! Welcome to iwaku indeed! :D

If you want to you can check out the Newbie Care Package as it'll provide you a guide for the first month you're spending on Iwaku, but can also be the very first friend you make here! :D <3

You can also check out the Getting Started ! guide as it'll help you navigate around the site a little bit easier ^^ <3

Ugh, being sick is the worst, but thinking of the cold we have I'm sure you're not too much warmer :X I wish you good luck and better health! :D <3

Happy writing, hopefully it'll solve your boredom! :D
Yeah, we're totally part of Scandinavia! Although we're super close to America, in fact we're almost in it lol (but not today Trump!). It's great to hear that I have a neighbour on here haha, where are you from?

Thank you! I really don't know how I caught it but it's killing me ;-;
Wrap yourself in a warm blanket, I know how terrible it feels to be cold - I mean, I come from the land of ice

Everybody around here's relaxed and friendly, so just get comfy in whatever way suits you and do your own thing. Iwaku will accommodate you no problem. Here, have this cookie, and enjoy your stay!
Haha, thank you!

Yeah, we're totally part of Scandinavia! Although we're super close to America, in fact we're almost in it lol (but not today Trump!). It's great to hear that I have a neighbour on here haha, where are you from?

Thank you! I really don't know how I caught it but it's killing me ;-;
Wrap yourself in a warm blanket, I know how terrible it feels to be cold - I mean, I come from the land of ice
The Trump part totally got it, I'll be completely honest xD

I'm from Norway ^^ We're technically the land of ice too if you ask me =_=;; There's so much ice and snow here that I'm wondering if it's even safe to go outside. . .

I think it's in the air now? ^^; There's a lot of flu going on around in Norway now, so I'd imagine something like that could be in the air in Iceland too :X

I'm underneath my covers, and I'm never ever planning to get out ever. . . If you're the land of ice I'll go and be the land of snow, and I'll make sure to never experience it xD

Haha! I don't think I've ever wondered the igloo thing! Though I did used to wonder why Iceland was said to be green and Greenland was said to be icy cold. Still do, actually. xD You'll have to fight with a couple other people here for the title of blood-drinking viking, ngl we do have a few. We do have PMs here! Though they're TECHNICALLY called "Conversations." We do also have a number of people for whom English is not their first language throughout the site, and your English is, as you say, quite good, so I wouldn't worry about that. ANYWAYS. Welcome to the site. If you have any questions, don't be shy and go ahead and ask any staff or interns!
Ah! I know the answer to your question, actually!
You see, there was this viking called Eiríkur the red who was exiled from Iceland for some revenge-thing (the vikings had real weird laws about revenge) but he was given time to find a new place to live. So Eiríkur ships out and discovers Greenland and wants to move there, but there's no life for a viking on his own so he goes back to Iceland to get his family. He then realizes that it will be kind of boring to not have more people there so he lies to the people of his village and tells him that the island he had found is so green and prosperous that he has named his Greenland. And then a lot of people moved there and were forced to stay :') His son, Leifur the lucky, then became the actual first man to discover America but he and his men just took a few grapes and then left.

And Iceland is just called Iceland because the dude who founded it came in the winter and it's cold here during winter haha

The things they make us learn in Icelandic schools :^)

The Trump part totally got it, I'll be completely honest xD

I'm from Norway ^^ We're technically the land of ice too if you ask me =_=;; There's so much ice and snow here that I'm wondering if it's even safe to go outside. . .

I think it's in the air now? ^^; There's a lot of flu going on around in Norway now, so I'd imagine something like that could be in the air in Iceland too :X

I'm underneath my covers, and I'm never ever planning to get out ever. . . If you're the land of ice I'll go and be the land of snow, and I'll make sure to never experience it xD
Haha, my uncle and his family lives in Norway so I've been there a few times, actually! And I'm very familiar with your nation because, well, SKAM xD

We're actually having the warmest winter in the history of Iceland right now so.. feel free to visit! (I'm making jokes but I'm actually very scared of climate change :') )

Haha, my uncle and his family lives in Norway so I've been there a few times, actually! And I'm very familiar with your nation because, well, SKAM xD

We're actually having the warmest winter in the history of Iceland right now so.. feel free to visit! (I'm making jokes but I'm actually very scared of climate change :') )
Oh of course. . . That television show did go sort of viral didn't it? XD I actually haven't watched it at all. . . and even my 62 year old teacher was watching it xD I'm so bad at following trends, so bad xD

I don't think we have the warmest winter. . . but it's definitely warmer than what it would usually have been, so I guess complaining makes me a whiny baby :X (I'm scared of climate change too Q~Q) but hey. . . It's still cold even if it is the warmest ever xD

AAAND!

You're the land of "ice and fire" so maybe you're just feeling a little bit of fire right now :D

Oh of course. . . That television show did go sort of viral didn't it? XD I actually haven't watched it at all. . . and even my 62 year old teacher was watching it xD I'm so bad at following trends, so bad xD

I don't think we have the warmest winter. . . but it's definitely warmer than what it would usually have been, so I guess complaining makes me a whiny baby :X (I'm scared of climate change too Q~Q) but hey. . . It's still cold even if it is the warmest ever xD

AAAND!

You're the land of "ice and fire" so maybe you're just feeling a little bit of fire right now :D
Yeah, it really did! You can't even believe how popular it is here. People are wearing SKAM shirts and I know for a fact that a group of girls cried when they heard that SKAM could no longer be viewed on the NRK page outside of Norway. Like, chill.

Yeah. I don't know whether to think that 'the land of ice and fire' sounds cringy or badass xD
But humanity has always somehow managed to keep themselves standing, I mean, Hitler ruled for how many years and humanity still prevailed. We can be amazing when we're not being complete idiots :')

Welcome to Iwaku, Canidae :) Iceland is so pretty... it's one of the top locations on my places to visit when I figure out how to make actual money :-D

Welcome to Iwaku, Canidae :) Iceland is so pretty... it's one of the top locations on my places to visit when I figure out how to make actual money :-D
You should totally come! But yeah, Iceland is super expensive :') Capitalism for the win!

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
You should totally come! But yeah, Iceland is super expensive :') Capitalism for the win!

Haha - and with a newborn and a toddler on hand, the park down the street is expensive right now XD

Status
Not open for further replies.