I feel stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spoilers

Original poster
I posted earlier, about a friend's suicide...and now I feel dumb, because I'm not able to verify this, but I think the girl I met who told me she's dead is her. I had my suspicions already to be honest.

This "new" girl just happens to be from the exact same state, RP the same stuff, have the same crush, talks like her, she's even the same ethnicity.

Her email address is the same as my supposedly, dead friend's account on DA, and she has another email, which is incredibly similar to the one my "friend" used.

She never proved that my friend was dead, in fact she actually used the word "gone" and considering I have her name, and address...I really don't think finding an obituary would be that difficult.

I have a friend who RP's similar stuff to me, who posted on the site she found me on, I find it odd that she did not try to contact him. Maybe she had a reason...or maybe it's because she's actually my friend, and she, and he argued a lot.

I know what circumstantial evidence is, and I know I'm grasping at straws, but I think I'm about 7-8 of 10 certain it is her, so now I feel kind of dumb, but also a bit angry.

And this girl... wanted you to think that she was dead?

Wow, that's... messed up. :/ I don't even know what to say...

And this girl... wanted you to think that she was dead?

Wow, that's... messed up. :/ I don't even know what to say...
Maybe she really is dead, and I'm grasping at straws, but I think the way everything has added up, it seems more like she's saying "that person" is dead. Like that side me of is gone.

Maybe she really is dead, and I'm grasping at straws, but I think the way everything has added up, it seems more like she's saying "that person" is dead. Like that side me of is gone.

...Wait, so... she never explicitly specified who was dead, and now you think the whole thing was just a... metaphor...?

No she
...Wait, so... she never explicitly specified who was dead, and now you think the whole thing was just a... metaphor...?
No, she specified my friend was "gone" and it clearly seemed like she meant it in the dead sense of the usage. Yes though I now believe she was using clever word play. When she said my friend was gone, I believe now she was really saying that side of her is gone, she's starting over.

If I were you, I would just... step right out of this whole situation...

This is some messed-up stuff... I don't care what you did. For her to set up any of this is... creepy and weird, and it sounds like it's causing you a lot of stress.

I would step away from all of it for the time being... and maybe return to the situation a bit later to make sense of what happened, at most.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Status
Not open for further replies.