i don't really want help but I do.

• Thread starter Delusional IIV Idol
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Delusional IIV Idol

Original poster
I don't really want to ask for help with any of my problems anymore, roleplaying or other wise, I get comments like

you need help or someone nice and then they spit on my face when I say that I need help, they give me advice and then comment about it behind my back or some shit like that.

Change my roleplay search so includes stuff that I actually love (OH FUCK THAT LETS NOT DO WHAT SHE WANTS, LETS MAKE IT ABOUT ME AND ONLY ME)
go back to my normal stuff from before (YAY LETS STEP ALL OVER HER AND DROP HER BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PLOT, MAYBE SHE'S A COMPUTER OR A MOD)

this isn't from anyone on here but i just feel like shit. I started hearing voices, almost overdosed twice and though roleplaying could help (it does in rare cases)

I mean.

I'd help, but, first of all, I'm not entirely sure what you want help with. o_o

I think you're saying that people are being asshats to you no matter what RP plots you do, in which case...

If someone's an asshat, then they're an asshat. I wouldn't try to change my RP wish list just to suit those kinds of people. Do what you want to RP, and, if you find someone who RP's well with you, that's great! If not, then, well, that sucks, but I wouldn't beat yourself up over someone else's actions.

That being said!! I'm also worried that some of your problems might just be the result of not communicating well enough with people, or assuming that people are being mean to you when they might not even realize how it's coming across on your end. I don't know enough about your situation to say that's for sure what happened, but... just a possibility, based off of the limited information that I have. And if that's the case, then, I would recommend communicating with people better. :/ If someone's doing something that you don't like, tell them. Don't chew their head off or anything, but, like, speak up. Communicate with your partner about what you both want so that you can both be happy. And if it doesn't work out, then, well -- I personally don't do 1x1's, but I've been told that finding a good partner is tricky (in fact, not being compatible with partners is one of the reasons why I gave up on 1x1's and just stuck with group RP's). Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you just kind of have to keep searching for that perfect partner, I guess. :/

And, if the problem is with drop-outs specifically, then I should definitely bring up that a lot of the people who ditch RP's without a word aren't trying to be mean about it -- they're just... shy, and are afraid to say anything, especially if they really did want to commit to the RP but just weren't feeling it anymore. And while ditching without a word definitely hurts so much more than someone just being honest with you, unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to realize that. That being said! If you don't want people ditching without a word, then just tell them that you'd much rather they be honest with you about leaving. Tell them up front that if they want to leave, that's ok -- you just want to know about it. In my experience, I'd say that works pretty well about getting drop-outs to be honest with you, so that you can move on with your life.

So basically, I'd say that communication is key. Talk to people -- see what they want, and make sure they understand what you want. And if someone is still coming across like an asshole after all that... well, they're an asshole, but that doesn't mean you can't still do what you want to do.

There is no way to please everyone, after all. No matter what RP's you try to do, not everyone's going to like it. But that's ok, because not everyone needs to like it. You just need to find one person who likes it, and, that's definitely the tricky part -- but, if you can communicate with people about what you want then, well... hopefully the search for the perfect partner won't be quite so frustrating.

Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kaga-kun gave you really good advice for your role-playing troubles, but your line about hearing voices and almost overdosing has me worried. Are you currently visiting a therapist and/or a psychiatrist? :( Those are two very serious things and I worry about your health and safety hearing about them.

about hearing voices and almost overdosing has me worried. Are you currently visiting a therapist and/or a psychiatrist?
yes I have been. I haven't had the voices since I was sixteen years old and they barely started coming back. I'm fine (well at least I hope I'm fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.