I Don't Know Why These Things Happen... They Just Do...

• Thread starter The Mighty Raveness
  • Start date
Ragdoll looked at Tori as she spoke. Her brown eyes filled with sympathy, although she barely knew Tori. She stayed quite until she stopped talking, and she looked angry. "I would too," she said softly, then she sat by her on the couch, watching her with a bit of curiousity, but mostly sympathy.

All of a sudden Tori's face lit up and she looked at Ragdoll from the corner of her eyes. "You and I.. We can do it," she nods a crazy look beginning to creep into her eyes. "We can find the man that did this to her." In a burst of movement Tori was off the couch and scrounging through the hall closet, throwing out coats and bags, until she came back to sit down with a binder in her hand. "I started this after she died. Its a collection of clippings describing how she was killed and the suspects," she quickly flipped to a page showing a mugshot of a handsome man. Tori tapped the picture "this man is the one in jail. I know for a fact he is the wrong one." Slamming the binder shut, she turned to face Ragdoll. "We can do this."

Ragdoll watched Tori as she dug through the closet, when she came out with a binder, her attention was caught. She looked intently at the mugshot of the man, and she listened as Tori explained who he was. She stayed silent, nodding a bit. She was interested... But to be honest, she didn't enjoy killing people... Well... Afterward anyway. She was sure while she was doing it she had a great time, but she never actually remembered. But, for some reason, she wanted to help Tori to find that man... Perhaps it was because she had helped her. She'd trusted Ragdoll. Even though she was a murderer...

"I'll help you," she said.

A huge grin cracked across Tori's face. "You're awesome," she squealed and placed the binder on the paper. "Tomorrow I can go to the police station to get the reports. Also, I can go to the hospital and ask for a copy of the autopsy." Her finger tapped against her lips as she thought. "First, we have to find where the other two men are. Lee Kitt and Spencer Foreman. Those are the two men. We need to get started as soon as possible."

Ragdoll nodded at Tori's plan. It was sound enough. She already knew who the murderers were, which eliminated a lot of work. She thought for a moment, biting her lower lip before she spoke. "Do you have any idea where to find those two men?" She asked quietly.

(Sorry that wasn't very long. Writer's block XD)

Tori slouched and shook her head feeling a bit defeated. "I don't know that but I'm sure we could google them?" As soon as she made that comment she rolled her eyes, knowing she sounded ridiculous. "We can go through phonebooks?" At that point she knew she needed to stop suggesting things because all her ideas sounded awful.

( Oh, no worries. It happens to everyone haha)

"Well..." started Ragdoll, thinking. "The police have to have a record of them on file. I'm sure they've committed some petty crimes before... Robbery and things like that that have been recorded..." she muttered logically. "When we go to the police station one of us could sneak into the file room one way or another and find their files..." she stopped, realizing that was ridiculous. How would they ever be able to get records away from cops without them knowing? Then again, she'd killed quite a few people and the cops never caught her... Wouldn't this have to be easier to accomplish?

Slowly, Tori began nodding as Ragdoll set a plan. "You have been under the radar for awhile, so I'm sure you can be stealthy enough to get into the file room. Trying to find a distraction though, that would be difficult." she leaned back against the couch and began thinking. "I could cause some sort of scene in the lobby and get everyone's attention?" Tori knew it wasn't the smoothest of plans, but causing a scene has always seemed to work for one reason or another.

Ragdoll nodded a bit. "Sounds reasonable..." She said, already planning it out in her head. "When do we do we plan on doing this?" She asked, looking at Tori curiously.

She bit her lower and grabbed her phone going into the calendar. "Tomorrow? In the afternoon. Wouldn't everything be slower in the afternoon? Might be a little bit easier to achieve our goal." Tori nods as she sets her phone back on the table. "How many more blades do you have?"

She nodded. "It would be easier," she said. She watched her set her cell phone on the table as she spoke. "I don't have any..." Ragdoll said. "Like I said, I don't mean to kill people. I don't even know where that switchblade came from," she replied. It didn't make any sense whatsoever, but it was the truth.

Tori could not understand how she didn't mean to kill them. She Pushed away the thought then spoke, "well that's a setback we can easily overcome. Knives can't be that expensive, and almost every store has some." Getting off the loveseat, she began pacing the floor. "We can't do these all at once. That would be too conspicuous. They'd have to be spread out. Done in different styles. That would be the easiest way to get away this, yes?" She glanced at Ragdoll as she thought.

Ragdoll nodded a bit. "They're not very expensive," she agreed. She watched Tori as she paced the floor and she listened intently as she spoke. "It would be." she agreed yet again. She looked at her for a moment. "You're probably wondering what I mean when I say I don't mean to kill people, aren't you?" She asked quizzically.

"Oh, I definitely am wondering that." Tori nods and stops pacing giving Ragdoll her full attention. "It makes no sense. Is it like a possession?" Once she said that she got a weird look on her face. "That sounded weird out loud."

(( Blaaaahh my turn for writer's block. Sorry friend))

"I guess you could call it that..." Ragdoll said, thinking. "It's just it happens, and after it's over I'm just sitting there in the middle of a murder scene with no recollection of what happened..." She said. "I don't want it to happen... It just does," she said again. She absentmindedly rubbed one of the stitches on her cheek, then stood and walked into the kitchen to the sink. She grabbed a glass and poured herself a small glass of water. She took a sip, then leaned up against the counter-top, looking up blankly at the ceiling. "I guess it could be considered a psychotic break if it didn't happen so often..."

(No prob :) )

For the first time Tori truly paid attention to the crude stitches. "What happened?" she asked softly, almost scared to know the answer. "Isn't hard to live like that?" Walking into the kitchen, she leaned against the counter next to Ragdoll.

"I had a stepfather..." she started, but she cut off. "He wasn't all there to say the least." She glanced at her reflection in the mirror in the bathroom, thinking. "It is," she agreed. "I can't really go out much. And dating is totally out of the question..." For a first time in a long time, she thought about dating. She hadn't been on a date in... Hell, she didn't know if she'd ever been on a date.

"Couldn't you have plastic surgery?" she asked, realizing how shallow it sounded only after it came out. Tori dropped her head ashamed by her lack of depth. "Anyway... We can go look at blades in the morning, just to get things rolling." She excused herself and began rummaging in the closet again, but this time pulling out a set of sheets, a blanket, and a pillow. "Do you want the couch or the bed? I don't mind sleeping on the couch."

"Can't afford it," she replied quietly. She walked into the living room and sat down on the couch and began unlacing her boots. "I'll take the couch," she said, "I don't mind. Thanks for letting me stay here."

Tori smiled and sat the sheets and blanket next to Ragdoll before going into her room. Blood dripped from her fingers as she looked down upon a limp man, a dark red line around his neck and blood soaking his shirt. A sadistic smirk was on her face, her eyes bright with the success of revenge. Turning on her heels, she walked over to his sink and leisurely washed her hands of his blood. Tori startled awake and looked around her room, checking her surroundings. Never had she had dreams of killing someone, never had she had this desire. Something was changing. She felt it in her, a desire to harm, it scared her, but she didn't want to deny that desire. If anything, Tori was going to fulfill that desire with the lives of two men.

The light of the morning streamed through her windows. Tori stretched and yawned. Today was the day when the plan was being put into motion. "Do you like coffee?" She asked softly as she walked through the living and into the kitchen.