I Don’t Know When to Quit So Who Want to Build a Story?

Tinder

Inconceivable
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
And we're closed! Thank you to everyone for all the interest. ^^

You fool! You actually clicked on this?

It's as I warned you, I have no understanding of when to quit when it comes to roleplays, but today we're Trying Something New!

wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252FScrubs.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

I usually put up a few plots and call it good, but I'm in the mood to build a story from the ground up so here's a bundle of pairings and concepts that have my interest. But first let me give you an honest picture of me as a roleplayer.

Warning Label:
  • Writing Level – In Iwaku terms: Advanced and Up. More specifically, about two-three paragraphs at minimum and more is always appreciated, especially in terms of intros and scene establishing posts. Good grammar is another plus, but no pressure to be perfect. We are all fallible creatures. These are all the standards which I hold myself to as well, so what I'm asking is what you'll be getting in return.
  • Extra Note – I may ask for a writing sample if there isn't one on your roleplay resume. This is not some kind of statement about your writing ability, I only mean to see how compatible our writings styles are. Trust me, knowing that ahead of time can save us both time and heartache if we end up not being a good match.
  • Activity – My activity level varies wildly from within a day to possibly a month, so we'll give my average and say once a week. I can work with all kinds of posting speeds and I try my best to match the speed my partner sets, but know going in that patience might be required if you're one of those speedy writers who can get out replies every hour on the hour. You're always free to send me a reminder if it's been awhile, just don't make it a multiple times a day thing.
  • Dropping – It's perfectly okay to drop a roleplay with me whether it be because life got in the way, your dog ate your post, or you just lost interest. My only request is not to be ghosted. Life happens and we're all here to have some fun, so just be honest if you need to set our story aside.
  • The Big OOC – If you haven't noticed that I'm chatty yet, then you skipped this section because it's so goddamned long. Plotting and world building are my favorite things ever, so partnering with me will result in endless musings about plot and character and world building. I would love it if we could chat about these things together, but I won't die if you're a little shyer when it comes to OOC.
  • Characters – I love to play a variety of characters both in terms of mains and side characters. My characters rarely fit snugly into categories like dominate or submissive, and I love that about them. Nothing is better than getting to watch my characters grow and change as a story progresses, especially if they do so in ways that surprise me. Doubling is also fine with me, especially if it helps us both to enjoy our story to the fullest.
  • Romance – In terms of primary pairings, I've done both FxM and MxM (as well as MxNB). I will admit that FxF has never really interested me for a main pairing, though I have had side characters in this category. Feel free to ask if you have an idea for a pairing that you want to try out. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to romance tropes is the slow burn. I'm not asking for our characters to admit their undying love for each other within an hour of meeting, but neither am I looking to wait for three months to go by before they let their pinkies brush. A Jane Austen fan, I am not. Actually, I would love more pairings who are already in relationships, so that we can explore the trials and tribulations they go through together during the main story. Also fluff. If you like fluff, then we'll get along just fine.
  • Mature Themes – I have no problem with mature themes taking placing in the roleplay. If something such as abuse or trauma comes up, I only ask that we treat the subject with the sensitivity it deserves. In the case of smut, I am still very new to writing steamier scenes. Fluff and other PG-13 activates I know, but just be warned that it is a skill I'm working on developing further. However, I don't mind having the chance to try it out just so long as they aren't the focus of the story. Also Red Star only for obvious reasons.
  • Additional Note - Any limits or topics you prefer to avoid, I am more than happy to respect.

Any additional questions you have are probably answered on my profile or you can ask me directly! Without further ado, the aforementioned bundle of pairings and…um…let's go with concepts. In no specific order!

Note – the role in color is my preferred role.

Pairings:
  • Merman x Human/Sorcerer
  • Merman x Mythical Creature
  • Civilian x Supervillain
  • Amnesiac x Former Lover
  • Cursed Prince x Monster Hunter

Concepts:
  • Dragon Age (My One and Only Fandom Love)
  • Vampires/Supernatural Creatures
  • Revamped Fairytales (Genderswapped Cinderella Plot Available)
  • Demons (Two Older Plot Ideas Available)
  • Villain Capturing Chosen One Because if One Dies They Both Die – Cue Romantic, Odd Couple Shenanigans
  • Our Siblings are in an Arranged Marriage and We Keep Meeting at the Awkward Dinner Parties between Our Kingdoms – Forbidden Romance-ish

Not my usual monster length search thread, but I figured I'd try something new. PM if you're interested in partnering up!

Last edited:
Hi want to roleplay I like the idea of civilian x super villain

Thank you for your interest, but I don't think we'd be a good fit. Good luck finding a partner though! ^^