I don't get it...

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Delnoir, May 2, 2010.

1. Facebook, myspace, blogs...what's the big deal? I can't see beyond them being massive time wasters. What do you people see in that crud?

2. (Andre and Violet are giving me life OMG!)

Quinn

I should've known Tegan would ask more questions. Any sane person would--but, then again, what do I know about that?

My hands are still shaking like there's a freaking earthquake but I finally force myself to open the door. Just a crack though. Far enough for me to peer through and look at Tegan. Christ! Look at how confused and pissed she is! I'd be too! Dammit, Quinny! Get yourself together and quit putting everyone through your mental roller coasters!

"Um...I-I witnessed something..." My brain scrambles to find the right word. "Petrifying." I pause a bit, not really sure what to say next. I kind of want to just shoot out a quick 'My bad' and send her back to breakfast but...a small, itsy bitty suffocated part of me kind of wants to tell her my situation. Definitely not everything. But...enough so that I have someone to trust.

Jeez, trusting someone. Having a confidant. What...what does that even feel like? I mean, I guess it wouldn't kill me to try...or maybe it would.

Screw it.

I open the door completely and flop back onto my bed, sitting with my legs crossed and my back pressed to the wall. I still have the pillow in a death hug and it muffles my voice as I squeeze it even tighter. "Can we, um...converse a moment?" God, I probably look like some sniveling little toddler!

Samuel

My Care Bear's cheeks turn into the actual perfection of red. So cute! Just as I predicted too, but really, was there any doubt to being with? Practically everything she does, whether intentional or unintentional, is imperfectly perfect. "Wait, what if one of the kids say something? Or see this?" she says. I chuckle again while nuzzling the side of her head.

"Calm down, calm down," I coo playfully, "I'm just teasing! But really, I can never pass up the opportunity to see you blush, it's the most beautiful thing ever." I pause. "Well, second to your freckles, but you get the point, baby girl." Apparently, some interesting thoughts are fleeting through her head, as her emotions start playing out on her face like a television screen. I hold back a round of laughter, allowing her to come to reality. Once I'm certain that she's back, I gently put her down, pressing another kiss to her forehead.

"You're honestly too precious," I sigh lightly. However, it then morphs into a sigh of defeat. It really is time to get ready for work and guide the kids through the activities for the day. I'm somewhat worried today since Carrie would be starting her optional therapy sessions soon. I don't know exactly it'll happen but I'll certainly be a call (with or without phone) away for assistance.

My smile returns as I start rummaging through my dresser. "Last one dressed and out in the hallway has dish washing duty for the night!"

Nellie

I briefly break eye contact with Bone Girl when Cy places a hand on my shoulder.

"Be careful my Southern Belle," he said, "I don't know if interacting is a good choice." I sigh a little before looking back at her. She was still glaring daggers at me, apparently hooked on this little stare-down we've got going. Hey, fine by me. Like I've said before, I'm not scared of her (okay, fine, I'm a tiny bit intimidated...). I refuse to just run away with my tail between my legs just because she looks a certain way.

I plaster on another painfully wide smile. Kill with kindness, as they say.

"S-seriously!" Pen suddenly jumps in with absolute fear in her eyes. Uh-oh...oh man, I really am being a selfish hot head, aren't I? Here I am, trying to stir things up, when my friends are being potentially put in danger. Stupid, Nellie! Stupid! "L-let's just get some breakfast already, o-okay?" Pen makes a move for the food and we all start to follow--

"Something you wanna fucking say?!"

I internally cringe.

Ah crap...

Demi

This little shit is seriously starting to grate on my nerves...

I can look over the first smile. She had her moment, whoopdy-fucking-doo. Now she can scratch that off her bucket list. But now she's doing again, smiling at me like some dope with a death wish. "Cheeky son of a..." I growl underneath my breath, food completely forgotten at this point. Fuck--I really don't need another week of chore duty. I just got off of it a few days ago. But with the way this dork is staring at me, I can't help but feel like she's challenging me.

A snarl grates the back of my throat.

Well bring it on then! Won't be smiling after your nose caves into your face--

She's smiling and waving again...

Again!

Fuck this.

I slam my hands on the table and jump to my feet, stomping over to her and stupid friends. "Something you wanna fucking say?!" I'm towering over her now, fists clenched tightly at my sides, begging to knock this kid's lights out.

3. “Yes because it’s not like I can get anything done with you chain to me.”

4. “That’s why I won’t tell you. I’m trying to make allies. People I know who won’t hunt my daughter like I was hunted. Not piss them off and become the lowest on the food chain.”

5. Most of it is massive time wasting.

I only try to use mine for networking purposes or keeping up with events going on in the Theatre department here at the University.

6. What Orion said. I also use facebook for getting in touch with people whom I've lost contact over the years (like my cousins, or whoever in the family). And facebook has fun little games that are major time wasters. I don't know, I like 'em.

7. Blogs is for sports and politics, the needs of a european.

8. I've always used them as tools for stalking and keeping an eye on my members. c___c; If I know what's going on in their real lives, then I know why they might be acting a certain way.

otherwise... I use it to keep in contact with family members, and playing those fun apps on Facebook. .__.

9. Anya quickly wipe away her tears, “Let go of me.”

10. No, it is what it is.

11. Well for me anyway, keeping track of the people I meet throughout my career is kinda... impossible through conventional means. This due in fact to how many of them there are and that they get scattered to the four winds to various duty stations across the world. So the only way to keep track of the friends I've made is through Facebook. Sure, eventually friendships wilt a little from time and distance, but I'd be curious to see what happens when I try looking them up in a few years.

12. Gwen

She paused "Im going to do some exploration a bit later tonight." She decided "Get a feel for the place. See if there is anything suspicious."