I don't get ARG's

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crafter

Original poster
I don't hate people who engage in alternate reality games, but I can't understand them.

The reason these things upset me is because of the lack of responsibility any member of any ARG takes, the way they treat it as a real thing.

I don't understand that lack of oversight. Especially because of how many ARG's would be saved from being shut down, and in some cases having issues with being investigated by the feds.

ARG Player - "This site is for us people who love murdering puppies, to talk about murdering puppies, and share pictures of puppies we murdered with each other."

Regular Person - "I've contacted the feds."

ARG Player - "Not this shit again! Oh for the love of God, we're a freaking game. None of us actually murder puppies. I have three dogs myself, that I love very much! Great now we're gonna get shut down again."

Well maybe have a freaking disclaimer letting people know it's fake!

How is it even legal, to have a site talking about murdering let's say children, without having a huge disclaimer to say it's all fake? And then getting surprised when someone calls the cops.

(Might regret posting this, but I needed it out of my system.)

Er... Before I can really say much, you may need to be more specific. Are you talking about ARG's overall? Or just the stuff you'd find on the deep web? Because there are some key differences between the two >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.