I be scared ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sage might piss it off. For some spirits it calms them, but for others it enrages them.

It would help me to help you Ebell to know the feeling you get when this is happening; does it feel negative?
Absolutely feels like it. I'm usually so scared and tense that I can't bring myself to move beyond rolling underneath my blanket >.<

Sage might piss it off. For some spirits it calms them, but for others it enrages them.

It would help me to help you Ebell to know the feeling you get when this is happening; does it feel negative?
True. It's a toss-up, really. In my situations, sage has always helped more than hurt, though.

Alright, here is a suggestion. Do some serious research on what is needed to communicate, but do not do it unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Do you have any friends with knowledge of spirits that live near you? (Don't mess with the being. Go about your day like any other, don't feed it negativity)

Alright, here is a suggestion. Do some serious research on what is needed to communicate, but do not do it unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Do you have any friends with knowledge of spirits that live near you? (Don't mess with the being. Go about your day like any other, don't feed it negativity)
I don't know anyone who can help, nor do I know how I can figure out what to do

In Pagan culture, sage is a purifying element and is used during rituals, and cleanses areas. My best friend has had to use sage on her house many times to protect herself against harmful demons and spirits.
Serious shit goes down if it pisses off a spirit. Proceed with caution.

In Pagan culture, sage is a purifying element and is used during rituals, and cleanses areas. My best friend has had to use sage on her house many times to protect herself against harmful demons and spirits.
Serious shit goes down if it pisses off a spirit. Proceed with caution.
It depends how you use it and what kind of spirit you are facing.

@ElBell Don't try anything rash right away. It could just be as simple as simply calming yourself down.

Feeling watched, though it COULD be something else, could also just be anxiety or other forms of stress. Try sleeping with the lights on a couple of times, or doing something that makes you comfortable before going to bed, like drink hot chocolate or watch a feelgood movie :)

If that doesn't help, try taking up meditation, it usually has a calming effect on me and in these kind of cases, I usually imagine my own energy taking up all the space in the room...

IF and only IF all that doesn't help, then you should look around for household spirit cures... and NOWHERE DEEPER.

I have an idea. If you keep feeling like you're being watched by something, put a physical barrier or object or otherwise obstruct your vision of that area. If you still feel like you're being watched, then it's all in your head and you can relax knowing it's your fight or flight reflex going haywire.

Anyway, putting aside my skepticism for a moment, that doesn't completely disregard empiricism. Let's assume for a moment that it's a spirit in your home: Has it done anything hostile? Is it threatening you in any manner, or does it just happen to coexist in the same space? I know that every house on Earth has spiders in them, but they eat bugs, which is usually a symbiotic relationship so long as they're not too big. If it's not threatening you and is simply wandering, then it seems you can probably leave it well enough alone and it'll do the same for you. If you're curious about it, try basic experiments to interact with it. Account for environmental discrepancies. You might just find that after trying to learn more about it, that as the unknown veil fades, so too will the fear, and so too will the spirit.

Fear of the unknown causes very strange blurs between the subconscious and the conscious mind. Whether that's purely biological or has supernatural connotations? I leave that up to you. Just know that once you learn about the unknown, it becomes far less terrifying... That, or you can spit beans around your house and bang on instruments really loud to banish the spirits of your ancestors. Worked for the Romans. :ferret:

Status
Not open for further replies.