I Am Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver shook his head when Jayce asked if there was anywhere for him to go. "No...I don't have any family, can't go to the police, I don't have any papers, can't go anywhere..." He trembled, terrified that Jayce might make him leave. If he left, that made it all the more easier for the Shendall Corporation or the Corporte Tasks Initiative to find him. And if CTI found him, he might be killed, or worse. "Please," he said. "I...I have no one."

He raked his fingers through his hair, looking nervous. "I...I don't have a birth certificate...or a shot record or anything...I'm...I'm nothing. I'm so scared..."

Jayce watched Oliver as she shook his head and spoke. When he said he didn't have any papers, and couldn't go to the police ...he was very confused. The blonde man looked very troubled, and truly terrified. Who exactly was Oliver and why couldn't he go to the police? Why didn't he have any papers? Not even a medical record? He set down his pizza and looked at him in the eyes. His gaze intense but not in a frightening way. The soldier then stood up and reached out, he touched the person in front of him with a gentle but firm reassuring touch.

"Hey...calm down Oliver. I'm not going to send you away. You can stay. I just find it odd you don't even have a medical record or any other legal records...but it is okay. You stay, our home, is your home. But I am very curious about you now Oliver..."

Leaning in closer, he looked at him and smirked a bit, the lighting hitting his features in the most remarkable way.

"I'm going to find out about you. Everyone has secrets and yours happens to be worth investigating."

Last edited:
Relief flooded through Oliver as Jayce told him that he could stay. Feeling like he could breath again, he let out a sigh of relief, his dark eyes fixing themselves on Jayce. Still, his relief was short-lived.

As Jayce stared at him, Oliver's breath was taken away by how pretty Jayce looked, and a strange tightness filled his chest. Feeling heat rising to his cheeks, he glanced away, but his eyes snapped back to Jayce's when he said that he was going to find out all his secrets.

Biting his bottom lip, he mumbled out a soft, "O...kay..." though he wasn't looking forward to Jayce learning everything about him. What if he hated him after finding out that Oliver was born from a tube, that he was a clone? What if he hated him for lying, even if it was to protect himself?

Letting out a tiny whimper at the thought, he looked down at his second slice of pizza, which had been sitting there uneaten for a couple minutes now. Sighing softly, he asked quietly, "C-can you show me where I can take a shower...? I-I just want to relax for a bit..."

The military man had always been a observer, he generally noticed just about everything if only he observed long enough. But noticing Oliver staring at him, and a redness flushing the blonde's cheeks, was all too easy. Perhaps too easy and he grinned a bit as Oliver looked away and then back to him after he spoke. The brunette man was relaxed but with the other man biting his lip, he knew that he was very uneasy about him trying to find out his secrets. But he blinked and looked a bit surprised when he said it was okay. He had been so secretive, Jayce truly wondered what it was he had to guard so securely. What could be that big of a secret? But as Oliver whimpered and spoke he nodded, smiling. His smile warm, bright, and friendly.

"Yeah, Just a sec."

He opened the front door and stepped out for a moment. Going out to his truck, he grabbed his duffle bag of clothing and hygiene products. Coming back in he set the bag down and unzipped it. The contents inside were immaculate, rolled and folded to perfection, neat and tidy. He pulled out a bottle of Shampoo and Conditioner, along with some body wash. He handed it to Oliver.

"All that is in there is my sister's flowery stuff. " he said. "You can use mine instead, follow me."

He lead him down the hallway and to a room, adjacent to the room was the bathroom. Opening the door he looked to him.

"Take as long as you need." he said, smiling his warm smile. "If you need anything let me know."

Last edited:
When Oliver was shown the bathroom, he set down the hair and body wash before he turned on the water. He pulled off his clothes and set them on the counter. Beneath where his clothes had covered, a myriad of needlemarks and bruises were revealed. They were from the various tests that his doctors had taken in order to make sure he was healthy, and he was mostly used to them by now.

Turning on the water, he had to fiddle with the knobs a bit, because one inch too far would make it too hot or too cold. Once it was just right, he stepped into the shower, the warm water calming him down some.

He washed himself slowly, letting himself enjoy it. He got out of the shower a while later, when the hot water ran out and only cold water would come through the showerhead.

When he was out of the shower, he dried himself off on one of the towels, though his hair ended up sticking up every which way. He didn't have a change of clothes, so he just pulled on his dirty ones and went back to the kitchen, nervously tugging on the sleeves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.