I AM NOT FIT TO BE A HUNTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of the shop, Dennis, nodded, and motioned for them to follow him. He lead them into the back of the store, revealing almost everything a hunter could need. "You're Maya's kid, ain't'cha?"

"Yeah," Adrian answered bluntly, immediately going to the large stock of bullets.

"It's a shame, what happened to her...and your dad, too..."

"Yeah, it sucks." He really didn't feel like talking about this. "Hey, Rafaela, there's a few necklaces over here."

Rafaela went to where Adrian mentioned, searching for a cheap and in good state necklace. As she searched, she listened to the talk between the owner of the shop and Adrian. She made a note to herself to do a little research about his parents later. Finally, she picked up a simple cross necklace.

"Did you find what we need?"

Adrian nodded, grabbing a few packs of silver bullets, as well as grabbing a silver dagger for himself. "How much?"

"For you and your friend, it's free of charge. Besides, I doubt you have much anyways, you're still just a kid."

"I'm not much of a kid anymore, but thanks." He smiled, stuffing the bullets into his bag and slipping the dagger into its sheath, before dragging Rafaela out of the store.

Rafaela was already with her hand inside her bag looking for money when the guy said that they could keep it for free.

"Wait, what? Thank you, good sir!" She kissed his cheek before being dragged out of the door by Adrian. She slipped the necklace around her neck, holding the cross firmly with both of her hands. She released her breath that she didn't even notice she had been holding.

"Fool, you know it's useless" a voice said inside her head. Without knowing, she covered her ears, quickly disguising her act by scratching them. "Damn it, the bugs sure are annoying today!" She forced a smile to Adrian.

"Bugs? I don't feel anything," he said confusedly, glancing around and lightly slapping his ears and neck, in case there did happen to be any insects.

"Okay, spill," he huffed, after having turned to her and noticing the fake smile. "I wasn't born yesterday, Rafaela. I know when a smile is being faked, I've had to do it myself plenty of times since...um...my parents. And whatever it is, there's no judgement here." However, he discreetly reached into his pocket and gripped his own cross necklace tightly.

"I haven't had anyone to vent to since all this started, and if what you need is to vent, go right ahead."

Rafaela scowled at her horrible attempt of a fake smile, she tried to avoid Adrian's eyes, well, tried. He didn't need to know, he already had too much problems. She didn't want to add one more. But maybe he deserved to know, it's not like she was going to stay with him forever. After this case was done, they would part ways. She sighed.

"I made a deal." She paused. "With... You know who..." She put two fingers on her head, imitating horns.

"Did you seriously?" he asked, seeming almost unnaturally unphased. Of course, he was just playing it cool. On the inside, he was screaming like a small child, because holy shit why the everloving fuck would you do that. "Can he hear me? Yo, Devil! Or, Lucifer! Or is it Crowley in there? I know there's more than one ruler of Hell, so which is it? Or is it a different demon? D'you need it exorcised? Because I know how to do that." Still internally screaming but hey this could be a good opportunity to get info.

"I-I don't really know who! It was just a Demon! Maybe Crowley, maybe Lucifer, or maybe no one important! I don't know and I don't care! I just..." Rafaela's voice failed, she closed her eyes and breathed deeply. "I just had to do it..." Her voice was quieter now, she avoided Adrian's eyes. Unconsciously, she grabbed the necklace once again.

"Anyway, there's nothing you or I can do about it. What's done, is done. I gotta deal with it now." She resumed her walk, staying in front of Adrian, so that he only had vision of her back. "We should find a place to stay, we need to prepare everything before starting the search for the skinwalker."

"Shit, sorry..." Adrian mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. God dammit, my attempt at joking got her upset, now things are gonna be awkward and the talking will be stiff and we won't get anything done and ugh, Adrian internally grumbled, smacking himself repeatedly on the forehead.

"Yeah, that seems like a good idea...When we find somewhere, I'll get a different room to sleep in, so that you don't have to deal with me twenty-four-seven." From here, he was simply muttering angrily to himself, "you insensitive asshole" and "never should've asked" and hitting himself over the head.

Rafaela stayed silent for some time. She wasn't mad at Adrian, she was mad at the demon responsible for all of this shit. She knew she was being a dick by treating him like this, but she couldn't bring herself to say nah, don't worry. It's fine because it's not. Nothing is fine. She was scared. Like, scared as shit. Her soul will be the devil's bitch for the eternity, that's not comforting. However, she doesn't regret it. This choice.

"That's probably not a good idea." Raph said after staying quiet for some time. "We could save a lot more money by staying in the same room. Also, if something happens, it'll be easier for us to deal with it by staying together." Suddenly, she stopped. "And I don't have a problem with you." Then, she resumed her walk, searching for somewhere to sleep.

Jake walked threw the town his mask covered his face he sat in the town gazebo he took off his mask and too out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter he light one up he had a two swords on his back he looked up and made circles with the smoke

Garrete walked down the street, the vampire skull bandana mask around his face to taunt the creatures kept his face warm. He checked his cigarettes. And said in a rough hushed voice.

"Damn I should have paid more attention."

Out of them he walked more spotting someone smoking in the distance he unbottuned his leather trench coat because of the temperature with the intention of asking for a smoke.

Rafaela stopped suddenly, they were in front of a Motel. Lorraine Motel was the name of it. It was kind of old, but seemed comfortable. She looked at Adrian and nodded to Motel.

"So, what do you think? It seems nice, and cheap."

As garrete walked to the stranger he then noticed two others walking to the motel and thought.

"Well what's this about?"

He figured this was more important than a smoke and strolled closer to them.

Jake took out his blackened dagger and was sharpening a stick for no absolute reason he just sat there sharping it he kept the three others in his corner of his eye

Aware now that one had several blades garrete kept his hand on his silenced spec ops 1911. Still walking to the two others he nodded to the dark individual indicating he could see him.

Natalia had been in the business way too long for this. Dragging a tanned hand down her face, she covered her eyes and sighed. These new hunters were something else, really. No stock of silver? Lost a crucifix necklace?
She bemoaned the common sense that seemed lacking in some of the next generation, the advice her her father coming back to her. 'Always be prepared. A werewolf won't politely wait for you buy your bloody silver bullets!'
She fingered the handle of her sword then traveled a hand down her side, seeking comfort from the familiar coolness of her gun. She didn't care about the model or the make, it had one purpose and one purpose only.
Which was, right now, to assist the group she could see. Cause damn, she could smell the greenness from here!

Katya Yesfir Ivashkov
Kurdish Huntress

Katya leaned forward the the balcony, sipping at a glass of vodka while watching the tan girl and the scrawny kid move toward the room just below her own, her dark blue eyes observed their lips move as they spoke. Normally Kat wouldn't have bother a second glance toward them, but they were hunters. They had the look every hunter did, the little spark in their eyes was dark and dead, a hollowness replacing it. Even from here she could see it, however that wasn't what gave them away. The two were far too loud. Like all youth they must have though they were immortal, nothing could kill them, not even the monsters that lurked in the dark. Or perhaps it was just that they were too preoccupied with one another to care about the world around them. Kat saw some chick in the distance watching them, jealous ex-girlfriend perhaps? Or maybe jealous future girlfriend? Kat laughed to herself. Ahh the teenage years, full of angst and awkwardness. Even Kat had gone through the phases all teens did, her own little rebellions consisted of going off and hunting on her own.

Any time aside from then consisted of eat, sleep, drive, hunt, hunt, hunt, repeat. She had been holding a stake since before she could stand, and for years it had just been her and her mom. She'd been seventeen when the woman had bit the dust, now she was pushing twenty. It had been a Wendigo to get her, and Kat had paid it back in full by roasting it alive. Slowly her expression changed into a frown, she eyes were watching the horizon now. She went for another drink and found her glass was empty, with a sigh Kat pushed herself off the railing and went into her room to fetch a refill of alcohol. She already had her stuff set up, the wall to the far right was a map laying out the recent deaths in the area, anything that connected to what she was hunting. It was a skin walker, or one of the special breeds of werewolf that could change whenever, the disregard for lunar phases told her that much. According to the numbers, either this bugger was hungry constantly, or it was a pack. Kat reached the counter and began pouring herself another drink.

She didn't need to glance around to see how plain the place was, she knew the moment she checked in that this kind of hotel was exactly the kind of place where hunters liked to lie low, with prices cheap enough that even the jobless wanderers could squat long enough to finish their business, while the rooms themselves didn't have roaches scuttling about. The beds were like a slab of stone though, and they reeked of scents that Kat didn't even want to bother trying to name. She filled the glass to the brim and took a swing from the bottle itself before returning outside and drinking more. The taste was horrid, and it stung going down, but it was a habit at this point, plus it tasted of home. Katya missed Russia, she had to admit, but it just didn't feel right to be there without her mom. After the incident with mommy dearest Katya had bought herself a ticket and moved to America, land of the free and all that. She had been hoping to give up the whole killing monsters thing, but the life always seems to find you, and once you're in, you never truly get out.

She decided she needed a walk, after downing the rest of her drink she put it back inside, grabbed her keys and made sure her favorite knife was with her, just in case. It was a blade that had been passed down for too many generations to count. Iron on one side of the blade, silver on the other, they were the two most common metals used against any kind of monsters after all. In addition, odd markings lining the blade. Kurdish of course. She always made sure to carry it on her, seeing as she couldn't carry her entire arsenal on her. Instead her car was stocked, multiple stakes of various kinds of wood, machetes, odd trinkets and others things. She even had a katana just for the hell of it, along with enough holy water and crucifixes to put a sizable dent into hell. She yawned and closed her door, the girls curled hair bounced as she walked. A flaming orange with fire engine red streaks woven in was tied back in a high ponytail, which swayed as she locked her room and walked toward and down the staircase.

When she reached the ground she strolled past the two to them, giving them a knowing glance as she passed, "Catch anything recently?" She asked with a smile, in a tone that wouldn't have changed if she'd simply been asking them about the weather.

Garrete neared the group as the third came to view he walked down an alley not liking so many eyes able to see him. He stopped and listened. "Fuck, one of these people better have a smoke." He walked out near the woman walking past them.

Jake dropped the stick and kicked it into a post of the gazebo he made a grim smirk and laid down looking at the ceiling just smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.