I am new to the site.

P

Philosophia

Original poster
Hello, I am new to this website so I'm still getting my bearings. I am a literate role player. I fantasy role plays, preferably from scratch. I have never role played in anything structured around a preexisting world other than Star Wars, which was my first role playing forum experience when I was eleven years old, though I am not opposed to such an idea. I simply do not have the background information to do so in most situations seeing as though I do not watch much television. If anybody has a role play suggestion please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to role playing with you. :smile:

Hi there and welcome to Iwaku!
We have a whole sci-fi section that you can romp around in, so you're in luck!
There are others, also, where you can try your hand if you're feeling in the mood to branch into something you've never tried.

You should poke around a bit and see for yourself. The Community 101 tab on the toolbar and the section Community Hub should be of use to you if you're confused. Happy playing~

I notice I can not create a new role play in the forum. I have made an interest check post in the role play talk forum, but should it become a reality then how would I get the role play onto it's appropriate forum?

The interest checks are located in roleplay talk. From there, if you choose to make a roleplay with character sheets that need approval, you can post the out of character thread in the appropriate section's "plot and discussion" area. By this I mean that if your roleplay is sci-fi, you can post the ooc in the sci-fi "plot and discussion" section. Once you have as many players as you want to start with, you can begin the "in character" in the corresponding "in character" area. Ours was, for example sake, sci-fi, so it's here.

If you don't want to approve character sheets and you just want people to start playing whenever they want, you can create your threads in "jump-in" instead of modern, fantasy, or sci-fi.

Thank you, I appreciate the information. You have been wonderful. :3

Would have been more helpful if I hadn't missed typing a slash. :)
All the same, glad I could help!
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
Happy playing~