I am new...to RP and the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KamCub

Original poster
My name is Kameron but, most people call me Kam, and I like that.

I'm a 25 year old guy and I've ALWAYS enjoyed writing and telling stories. But, RP was something I had never actually given much thought....because I am dumb at times. heh

I was lucky enough to find two individuals willing to deal with a noob and I am happy to say I am well into my first two 1x1 RPs. I am also working with a couple of the members here on a very interesting group RP. For what little experience I now have, I do really enjoy the interaction of a 1x1 RP(personal touches and all) but, I also think a group RP will be exciting if for no other reason than the fact that multiple minds and imaginations are at work. I have no gender or pairing preferences for my possible characters. I've always approached my stories from the back to the front. I like to flesh out the world they live/operate within. Then I consider what kind of hero/antihero/average Joe, etc this world might need. I build from there to the details of personality, race, traits, etc. Basically, if I see a story I like, I can create a character for the world. That being said, I have created a few characters and grown a little attached to their personas. So, I am also going to start looking for opportunities to dust them off. I hope this isn't too much of a blurb. -___-

Bands I listen to in order to get my creative juices flowing(kind of explains my personality I guess):

In This Moment, Motionless In White, Falling In Reverse, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, SOAD, and similar bands. I actually listen to a little of everything but, metal just seems to get my brain jazzed up(bad music joke).

As I am new here, I would like some help figuring out how to create character profiles and post them on the site.
Feel free to ask any questions you want, both RP and personal questions. I am an open book.

Hi Kam.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate your bad jokes and that you should keep doing them.

excited-baby.gif
Good.​

Welcome to the site Kamcub :) Since you want to know the exact same info as another new member, I am just gonna copy past my answer. I'm not being lazy, I'm being productive :D -Actually just lazy-

If you want to publicly save your characters and/or use them in multiple roleplays then you can post a character in the character section (if you have a picture for it). To do that you click add media and choose the appropriate site category you want it to be put in. Add a picture by linking the URL or take it from your computer. Once the picture is done loading, you can write a title and a short description for your character. Once you have saved your character you can go to your character and add more information by clicking edit tags and fields. Don't write in all the info on the short description part. You must save your character first and go edit it before continuing writing in all the info.

If you don't have a picture, or you think the character section is a bit too complicated, confusing or just not your thing, you can always use your blog.

If you only make characters to be used in only one roleplay and don't feel that you need to save them somewhere except for in the roleplay that character is supposed to be in, all you have to do is post your character in the out of character thread of the roleplay you want that character to be in and then wait for the GMs approval. Don't post character sheets or out of character posts in the in character thread if you're interested in joining, always put it in the out of character thread.

That's the rules for the group section. For the jump in section (which lies in the group section) character sheets are rarely necessary, and when a GM requires them you are allowed to put them in the in character thread. Out of character talk is still not allowed in there though and has to be taken to either messages or an out of character thread. Even if the GM asks you to post a character sheet, you won't have to wait for them to accept the sheet, because in the jump in section you are always allowed to just jump in and start playing in the roleplay.

Also, people usually don't require character sheets in the one x one area, but everyone are usually willing to give one if you ask them.

Hope it doesn't confuse you too much o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.