I am new and rather very lost

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by ChildishMaya, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello dear people on the Internet. I go by Maya. I used to do character roleplay years ago on deviantart, but everybody there left so I've been laying dormant ever since. My friends who is a writing senpai actually introduced me here cuz she wanted a roleplay partner, and told me I should make a forum over in the newbie section, so here I am. I draw more than write, but roleplays were always super fun and now that ive started getting into it again with my friends, I kinda wanna see what's out there.
    So, I guess that's just a long way of saying hi! I have no idea how this site works, but I'll get used to it soon enough I guess. A pleasure to meet all the nerds here!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Hello and Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone and they'll probably be able to answer them. Now I'm off to the Land of Gold! CYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAA
  3. Hello and welcome! ^-^
    I used to roleplay on dA way back in the day, too. I haven't logged on in forever. I am new myself, so I'm not very well equipped to help you out or answer questions, but I just thought I'd drop in and say hello to a fellow artist! *highfive*
  4. Hello Maya! I'm Touch of Insanity or Insanity for short! Welcome to this wonderful place. I hope you find some amazing role plays to join and make lots of great friends! If your feeling lost about any of our sections, feel free to PM me at any time with your questions! I was a little lost when I first joined myself. You can also find me hanging out in our Chatrooms if you'd like to hang out! Once again welcome and hope to see you around :)
  5. Us artists have to stick together fam. Thank you for the warm welcome! I won't lie though, the artist in me wants to gawk at your art. :v
  6. Thank you very very much! The only problem I've faced so far is that, I don't really know how to pm, nor do I know how to get around from forum to forum . Oops!
  7. Well there are a few ways you can get a PM to someone! One way is by clicking on their username and a box will pop up in the middle of your screen! You can click start a conversation and it will add the user in right away! You can also go into your inbox, which you can see in the right hand corner next to your profile picture and username and before the 'alerts'. Once you've hovered over the inbox, you can see 'start a new conversation' where you will then be asked to fill in the username of the person or people you'd like to have a PM with.

Hopefully that clears things up for you! :)
  8. [​IMG]
    Welcome to Iwaku! We're a cozy little community of mad men and god knows what else. Trick is finding out who exactly are the sane vs. the ones like myself. Either way welcome! *contemplates*

If you need anything go ahead and message me! ​
  9. Hi Maya, welcome to Iwaku! I know a new site can be slightly intimidating, but no worries, you'll get the hang of it real quick! Be sure to head on over to the showcasing section and stick up your art :)! I'd personally love to see it.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :D!

See you around!
  10. Oh, thank you! :D That means so much to me. I would love to see some of your art! You could post a thread, or if you're shy, I'd love to see in a PM, if you're willing.
  11. Welcome to Iwaku!

We have all kinds of roleplays here so even if it's not your main passion, you might still be able to find something that appeals to you (whether it be fandom or original ideas!).
    It can be confusing to find your way around a new site at first but hopefully (it's hard to tell with experienced eyes) it's pretty simple to figure out! If you need any help with anything, I have no doubt that people will be willing to lend you a hand if you ask.

PS: The showcase people mentioned is here if you haven't found it on your own already! We'd love to see your work!
  12. Hello, fellow Deviantart member, @ChildishMaya, and welcome to the site ^.^ You may not know it yet but you just enlisted in the bunny army >:{D If you haven't already go ahead and give the rules a once over, and if something on the site stumps you, we also have a nifty Help section ^.^ This is where you'll find the FAQ, and within the FAQ a list of Roleplay Tags, a list of the site's bbcodes, a link to the staff roster, and other insightful things. But if you can't find an answer to your question, need clarification, or found a bug, the Help Desk might be more your cup of tea.

As a roleplayer, new or otherwise, you're always looking for ways to improve your craft and one of Iwaku's many goals is to help you with this :D Thus the Content page! Here you'll find forums dedicated to Roleplay Guides and places for users to commission and display their own works ^.^ But if you're more worried about actually roleplaying or need a place to start, we have the Roleplay Search page :) This is where you'll find Interest Checking and Creation where Game Masters posts interests check for their future roleplays and plot future roleplays. Roleplay Advertisement is where Game Masters advertise their running group, dice, or jump-in roleplays. But if you're a Game Master looking for players, there's always the Seeking Group Invites forum. This will allow you to browse users looking for group roleplays to join and snag them up for yourself! Last but not least is the Seeking One x One partners. If group roleplays are too main stream for you, set up shop here and look for someone of similar interests ^.^

If you're wondering who I am, I am but only one of Iwaku's many staff members :D As the banner says, I'm part of the Community Maintenance branch and my job is to make sure all roleplays have their correct tags and prefixes, archive dead threads, and fix whatever you brake :3 Other branches of Staff include the Security team, the users who make sure you aren't up to anything questionable, and the Content team, the users who make sure you're never bored!

I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you =^.^=

13. Im lost too! I dunno how I got here! O___O Welcome to the crazymaze!
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 2
  14. Hi Maya! Definitely go post your art in Showcasing, I'd love to see it. I'm an artist myself. I have a dA but I don't keep up with it sadly... Nothing new there since 2014-15.
  15. NERDS UNITE! Hi, Maya! I hope you enjoy it here!

I'm sure you'll find a lot of RP! What sorts of stories do you like the best?
  16. Heya, Maya! Welcome to Iwaku, if you have any trouble getting around just ask and I'm sure somebody will help you. You'll get the hang of it soon enough. :D
  17. And once again everyone beats me to sharing all the good info :/
    Oh well XD

Welcome to iwaku and if you have any questions there are always lots of helpful people to ask. just look for the red and bright blue names ^_^

Also, there are lots of artists here! It's always fun to see what stuff people are doing and putting up, so go poke around the showcases ^_^
  18. Well, the thing is, I don't really know yet! All I used to do is character roleplays, so I hope to be able to expand my horizons a little bit now and figured out te kind of things I like, which means I have to try everything. :)
  19. A few people now have told me now to showcase my art, but this little nerd doesn't really know how. :'v wherever is the showcase forum or button or whatever?
  20. I've been asked by a couple people now to post a thread, but just from looking around, I'm not really sure how the social system goes (which is a terrible way of expressing my confusion, so let me explain).

Most of the art I see in the threads and forums is original and way out of my league (in other words, not fan-art :'v), but most of my art is, admittedly, fanart, and mostly my style of dbz fanart at that.
    I guess the core of what I'm getting at is, is that acceptable art for this website?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.