Votes: 1 2.9%
  • When I overdo it, yeah ;_;

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Never =^.^=

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hangovers are getting worse as the years go by.

First year of Uni, I could tan a bottle of vodka and still be in fit enough shape for classes the next day. These days, though, I best make sure I've got a day free after properly hitting the sauce, cos I'm gonna fucking feel it.

Still not as bad as some of my mates. One of my flatmates at Uni would suffer from three day hangovers after certain nights out. Those were brutal.

I aim to avoid hangovers. I had one just once and it was an awful enough experience to make me not want it ever again. (I'm kind of a pansy with alcohol, but I'm allergic to it, so I have a right to be.) I also don't like being drunk for more than a few minutes. Once my coordination goes out the window, and I begin to notice I'm happier than usual, I start sobering. Usually my manfriend fixes me a hearty breakfast sandwich and tells me just to watch cartoons. xD Then I can go to bed feeling really tired instead of really drunk.

I like being high way better, though. /Shrugs

I've only drank enough to be some kinda drunk once, and I didn't have a hangover afterwards. Either I didn't drink enough, or I don't get them, or the non-alcoholic stuff I was drinking was enough to counteract, or something. But yeah that one time was years ago... like... four years ago? So insufficient data, but given my aversion to drinking due to very poor 'role models' in my life who did drink, I don't imagine I'll be getting sufficient data any time soon.

Like Pete, I suffered hangovers early and young enough in life to avoid them now out of pure instinct and training.

Reactions: Peter Feels
I get obliterated by hangovers.

I don't consider myself much of an alcohol drinker, usually sticking to a few beers week or so due to social conventions. Sometimes though (And by sometimes I mean 'with ever increasing frequency') I find myself drinking a little bit far too fucking much.

It starts off innocent enough, D&D night? Well you need a couple cold ones for that. But cold ones turn into mixed drinks and those turn into shots after you've lost your ability to accurately pour more than an once of liquid at a time and your mouth is so numb you can't care. Sooner than later your Orc Barbarian and friends are fighting a lich infomercial style,

ORCY MAYES HERE! FOR ONLY TWO EASY PAYMENTS OF $19.99 YOU CAN HAVE THIS BEAUTIFUL BATTLE AXE RIGHT IN YOUR FACE! CALL NOW!

Or maybe you mistake the unmarked two litre jug of liquid for some strange juice only to find that it was 'Glacier Berry' cider after downing almost all of it. Suffice to say, I learned the true meaning of white girl wasted (Hint: Think The Exorcist.)

Regardless, these bouts of drunken revelry always finish with horrible, debilitating hangovers. I'm damn glad I've managed to avoid doing it before workdays, 'cause I'd get my stumbling, moaning ass fired so damn fast.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hydronine and Brovo
I don't get hangovers, and I've never said "I'll never drink that much again! " because we all know it's a filthy lie.

I tend to drink until I have a good buzz, because I hate puking.

Reactions: Minibit
Whether or not I get a hangover depends on what I'm drinking and how much of it I drink.

I can drink quite a bit of beer before getting a hangover. My downfall is Fireball. Liquid candy... I want to drink ALL the whiskey and then my head is hating me the next day.

Reactions: Esthalia
I never have because I'm so straight-edge you'd get cut just looking at me!

Hypnotiq is what I am sensitive to most, never want to drink anything with it, goddamned it is bad.

I am usually pretty good with retaining basic functions while drunk- like I made crabby alfredo spaghetti for my friend and I last night after downing two Blood and Honeys each, split 3/4ths of a huge bottle of shitty merlot, three mixed drinks- I made the first the heaviest and then less for the next and the least on the last. Working today anyways.

I rarely get hangovers, but they are the thing of nightmares to me when I get them.

I'm so straight-edge
I have literally never heard the term 'straight-edge' used to describe lifestyle before. Straight-laced, yes, but straight-edge is a new one on me o.O

I figured I should stop getting as drunk as I used to when I threw up mid conversation with my dear aunt the morning after. I also woke up from a night I can't remember on a dining room table once. Fun.

Reactions: Hydronine
Hypnotiq is what I am sensitive to most, never want to drink anything with it, goddamned it is bad.

I am usually pretty good with retaining basic functions while drunk- like I made crabby alfredo spaghetti for my friend and I last night after downing two Blood and Honeys each, split 3/4ths of a huge bottle of shitty merlot, three mixed drinks- I made the first the heaviest and then less for the next and the least on the last. Working today anyways.

I rarely get hangovers, but they are the thing of nightmares to me when I get them.

The extent of my culinary expertise when I'm drunk falls from decent chef to 10 year old. The hardest thing I've ever made is Kraft Mac n cheese at 3 in the morning.

I also never understood people who made actual drinks. The most complicated I got is one night when a friend of mine came home with store brand tequila and vodka with 7up and a bunch of red bull. I got drunk like a proletariat that night with that vodka and then the conversation with my aunt happened.

I did apologize for the interruption after returning from the washroom and cleaning up.

The drunker I get, the prettier I want my drinks which leads to:

THE AMAZING MOMENT WHEN I LAYER A DRINK WITHOUT MEANING TO. COLOR COORDINATING A STRAW WITH THE DRINK. I am well-versed in managing to make things when drunk. And that "Ok, fuck it, let's add this and this and this" moment that leads to "Oh... oh my sweet Jesus, TASTE IT. IT WORKS."

MIX THESE:
Shitty blackberry merlot
Smirnoff
Vodka
Fruit punch
SPLASH OF COSMO MIX

and this:
Viniq
Blue raspberry mix
Kinky blue
vodka
sprite

and this:
Dragonfruit sky vodka
Cranberry juice

And this:
Kinky blue
Blue raspberry mix
vodka
sprite

And this:
Vinq
vodka
sprite

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Hey, do you work here?"
"Yea."
"Where do you keep the-" looks at list "ah, the Shitty Blackberry Merlot?"

I might actually have to try some of those. I'm tired of my drinks being rum mixed with ice cubes.

• Love
Reactions: Hydronine
I don't get hangovers, and I've never said "I'll never drink that much again! " because we all know it's a filthy lie.

I tend to drink until I have a good buzz, because I hate puking.

I hate puking too but it's never on my mind until I start puking. It's not fun waking up half-dead.

Since my surgery, I get drunk like 110% faster than an adverage person. So all I need is like...a thimble full of twisted tea to get drunk. Pretty awesome and pretty sad all at the same time. :P

My lucky trait is that my mental health is always great, even if I have to crawl up the stairs and am unable to undress. I still drink water before I sleep, take my birthcontrol on time and pull myself somewhere untop of the toilet (or atleast close enough)before hitting the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.