I abuse the Rating System.

Just don't read peoples posts then. It's quick and easy and lazy. AKA the winning triumvirate.

Reactions: Jerelin
THEY ARE THERE TO BE USED. USE LIKE THE WIND.

JUST DON'T USE LIKE AN ASSHOLE.

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: 3 people
THEY ARE THERE TO BE USED. USE LIKE THE WIND.

JUST DON'T USE LIKE AN ASSHOLE.

I get the feeling that the average person doesn't use the wind on a regular basis. But assholes... assholes are daily and forever.

I thought you were exaggerating, but nope, you've given out a shitload of positive ratings.

I tend to be a bit reserved with mine. I give likes to posts that really amuse me or make solid contributions to discussions, I reserve thanks ratings for genuinely helpful and informative posts, and I'm super picky with the love rating. Haven't even given 20 of those ones out, because I save them for things that make me crack up or extraordinarily awesome posts.

I still don't know what "CAT LIKE TYPING DETECTED" means and why it is Negative.

Someone rated one of my posts in the Iwaku Christmas Card thread, but all I said in it was "Aww, this sounds like a great idea! I wish I could join."

But it's a negative mark.

And I don't know what it means.

I'm obsessed.

Received: Given:
clear.png
123 180
clear.png
78 80
award_star_gold_2.png
12 40
dislike.gif

drunk.gif
4 8
warped.gif

cookie.gif
7 10
cross.png

thumb-down.png

badtyping.gif

Jesus. I really wasn't exaggerating.

Usually I classify "cat like typing detected" as your post looks like a cat ran across your keyboard. Don't know why you got that one really...

I still don't know what "CAT LIKE TYPING DETECTED" means and why it is Negative.

Someone rated one of my posts in the Iwaku Christmas Card thread, but all I said in it was "Aww, this sounds like a great idea! I wish I could join."

I'm obsessed.
It means a post with a ton of typos and other errors making a post hard to read. Maybe they rated the comment by mistake.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person

I'm obsessed.
I think it's supposed to mean garbled nonsense posts and shitty typing. Probably derived from the old meme of cat pictures with syntax-destroying things written on them, like the "I can has cheeseburger?" one that sort of kicked the whole thing off.

I've given out... 8 ratings total.

Cat like Typing means there are lots of typos in your post or that it's garbled and no one can read it. O_O Like if a cat stepped all over your keyboard. If people can't read the post, that is a bad thing.

And if someone gave you that for a dumb reason, they are evil and/or dunno the evils of cats stomping on keyboards. D:<

I GIVE OUT LOVES AND LIKES AND THANKS AND COOKIES LIKE CANDY. But that is my job. >> At least, if you are posting a contribution to the site in some way.

Otherwise, I dun really like or love things in random discussion threads too often unless I really, really, did. O_O

I almost never give out negative ratings. You have to do or say something REALLY bad for me to actually give one. >>;; and by that point I might be yelling at you.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
I abuse the rating system in that I had a cookie war with Choi. And got irrationally annoyed with all the alerts I was getting of cookies...endless cookies.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
...Dammit, should have seen that coming. gah why all the cookies! WHYYYYYYYY*sulks*

• Thank You
Reactions: HerziQuerzi