6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
HDN UE OOC Banner 1.png
  • Gamindustry; a world of fantasy, mystery, wonder, and the overwhelming power of friendship that overcomes all odds. It is a world split into four major countries; Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee, and Leanbox, each land governed and protected by a powerful Goddess. What's more, there are even young Goddess Candidates in most of these lands, aiding their older sisters wherever they can and having innocent fun along the way. Despite such a peaceful sounding setting, the world has had its fair share of crisis, but in all honesty that's not why we're here.

Welcome to this Hyperdimension Neptunia Alternate Reality/Universe/Dimension fandom RolePlay! This RP takes place in an alternate dimension that more resembles the real world that we live in to this day, but with some relevantly major differences. For more info on the RP universe's history and core mechanics, check out the Users' Edition tab! For the CS and IC threads, refer to the buttons below.
    [btn]CS[/btn][btn]IC[/btn]
    _________________________________________________________________________________​
    • This is a roleplay taking place in Japan, centering around a particular academy and the surrounding area. Most major characters should to be students ranging from junior high (middle) school to college and attending the main school where the story is mostly set, as the school in question joins together 7th-12th grades and college all in one large campus. The school is one of many newer academies that has integrated classes involving some general combat training, magic weapon maintenance and use, and magic application skills into the regular curriculum in response to the situation that has been affecting the world as a whole. The school prides itself in it's ability to raise strong warriors and mages that risk their lives in the name of protecting the peace of the city and fighting off the hordes of monsters that threaten the balance of humanity.

1. In accordance with Iwaku's rules of roleplaying, there is to be no powerplaying, meta-gaming, and limited godmoding.

2. Regardless of character relations, ALL members must be respectful and kind to each other OOC.

3. Only characters posted in the CS who have been approved by me have permission to post in the IC.

4. The IC will be conducted in an orderly, turn-based fashion so as to keep everyone on the same time frame. Posting order will be determined by me each time there is a major scene change.

5. Despite this series being based on Hyperdimension Neptunia, since it is mostly an original universe one does not need an extensive knowledge of the series or lore in order to join.

6. Currently, any one member may have a max of 2-3 major characters, depending on the individual character's weight or importance to the storyline, as well as some other factors. Some family members or other mildly used NPC-type characters do not count towards any one person's character count.

7. As the History tab suggests (assuming you are familiar with HDN lore), some characters may have access to HDD, or Hard Drive Divinity. Keep in mind that this will not be a complete transformation, but a partial one. Regardless, a character with HDD access may acquire a portion of the powers of any one of the Goddesses or Candidates from the original series.

8. Having a character with access to HDD will automatically take up 2 character slots; the only way of having 2 HDD characters is in the case of the White Sisters, but this will take up all available character slots. Alternatively, 2 people who each want a White Sister are free to collaborate together and each have one of them and another non-HDD character.

9. Remember: all characters are OCs, we are not creating reproductions of canon characters, nor will any canon characters show up anywhere outside the RP's background history.
  • Welcome to this Hyperdimension Neptunia Alternate Reality/Universe/Dimension fandom RolePlay! The exciting history of this RP and the foundation for how magic works in it can be found on this tab, so give it a read! For the CS and IC threads, refer to the buttons below.
    _________________________________________________________________________________​
    • 20 years ago, before the revelation of the existence of magic or the great incident, the world was quiet and, for the most part, peaceful. It was at this time when, to most folks, the world was normal and appeared the most like the real world we're so familiar with. All was well with the world, but this stable state of the world soon came to an abrupt, and unprecedented, end.

One day a certain villain from another world appeared, bringing with them hordes of monsters. Guiding the monsters like an army, they proceeded to cause mass mayhem and destruction. The world's armies tried to step in to protect their countries, but even the strongest weapons at their disposal that wouldn't end up annihilating whole cities weren't powerful enough to push back. When all seemed lost for the world, a major announcement was made; true magic has existed behind the scenes for centuries, and there were numerous skilled mages all around the world who had been protecting the secret of magic until then. With this announcement came a surge of visible magus activity, as many magi who had once been in hiding were now actively using their magic to fight off the monsters.

As effective as their magic was against the monsters, the mages didn't seem to catch a break; for every monster they slew it seemed like three more would spawn into existence. Couple that with the fact that the monsters were being guided like an army by the villain from another world, and it seemed that humanity would still end up failing against this great threat, and many cities were destroyed. It was at this point in time that a certain group of girls, also from another world, appeared before the villain and humanity alike. With their amazing powers unlike anything the world had ever seen before, the girls destroyed wave after wave of monsters and succeeded in beating the villain into submission. After ensuring the world's survival, the girls dragged the villain through a wormhole back into their own world, never to be heard of again.

Shortly after their departure, there was yet another major shift in the world. Even though the villain was gone, their monsters were still spawning all around the world and causing mayhem. The world's magic was powerful enough to defeat any that showed up, but there were not enough people equipped to handle the monsters, and they were even popping up in small towns or empty countrysides. This lack of widespread security resulted in vast numbers of people moving all over the place, trying to take refuge in the bigger cities where there were more mages to protect them. This led to cities becoming overrun with refugees without enough space to house them all. It was then decreed that all major cities would expand out exponentially and make enough space to house all the citizens who fled for protection from around their countries, and protective walls were erected to keep numbers of monsters from entering the now enlarged cities. It was then decided with the agreement of the magus society that special schools would be developed in every new district, prefecture, or region of city that was made which had the focus of raising and teaching children to be capable of fighting off monsters, alongside teaching them the standard curriculum.

Scientists began working alongside Magi, who were in essence scientists of magic, in order to develop ways with which people who couldn't perform magic would still be capable of protecting themselves against the monsters that still appeared inside the city walls, and thus various magic weapons were developed. These weapons, made with materials intended to prevent them from being used to seriously threaten or harm fellow humans, became standard issue around the world. Classes were also held throughout all the special new schools with the intent of teaching students the best ways to use these weapons, as well as how to maintain them. While new weapons are constantly in development, the current ones are cycled through the schools in order to normalize them as well as test their efficiency and capabilities, and thus the world slowly began to regain its stability, despite the frequent monster attacks.

It is now 20 years after the incident, and most of the world has readily accepted the changes, despite some opposition in the past. Our story takes place in one of the newer prefectures of Tokyo, Japan, formally known as Dai hachi-ji ken, or Eighth Following Prefecture (symbolizing that it's the eighth new area of Tokyo after the reform), where various young children are learning how to fight off the monsters alongside their classmates in one of the most revered schools in Japan. In this place, more commonly referred to as Hajiken, where many students live on campus and have free choice over which defense subjects to take, many developments are being made, and soon it appears that some will gain powers only ever seen once before in history.
    • Just like with chemical reactions in science, all magic in this RP has some kind of formula. The formula explains what happens in the reaction and how in a way that doesn't necessarily need to be understood in order to use each spell, but should be memorized nonetheless. These formulas can come in various forms; a chant that calls upon the various attributes in the caster's mana and gives them shape and controls the power output ratios, a magic circle with various shapes and runes that fully explain all of the reaction's components, runes etched onto the surface of an object in order to give the object magical properties or lock a spell to it to be used either a limited amount of times based on the amount of mana sealed in the runes or a limitless amount of times by channeling one's own mana through them upon casting it, and in the cases of old magus families a stigmata, or record, that contains unique formulas for spells developed by the family over the ages and passed down from generation to generation, taught in secret and kept hidden from the rest of the world.

Naturally, those who practice magic can manipulate the flow of their own mana without a formula, but the formula itself is what gives the mana shape and meaning. Any magus can force their mana into a shape and cast it out like a spell without a formula, but this method has a very high mana output for a very low cast strength. Skilled magi, however, can create the magic formula with circles formed in the air with the use of their mana, making casting quicker and easier than while they were still in training. These days there are also weapons specifically made for fighting monsters that have magic formulas engraved on them so they can better affect the monsters, but only ones of certain levels of strength can be signed to just anyone. In order to acquire any weapons of more exceptional power, certain permits and/or permissions must be acquired by or given to the user. Some examples of magic weapons that are free to use by anyone include;

Mana Pistol,
      Semi-Automatic Machine Energy Gun (SAMEG) - low output,
      Spell Spear (wooden),
      Magic Bow & Arrows,
      Rune Shield,
      Enchanted Bouken,
      etc.

Basically any low output weapon in existence that you can think of will have a magically inclined counterpart here. To further explain how they work: Melee weapons like boukens or shields will typically be inscribed with either runes or magic circles to boost their effectiveness to harm monsters or defend against monster attacks or other rogue magics. Naturally this is not limited to giving them added capabilities when specific mana waves are channeled through them, but these effects will be more or less limited on power so as to avoid civilian casualties; especially with weapons being given to students. All melee weapons will also be made without any live metal; in fact most will be made entirely out of wood. This is so as to avoid the possibility of someone getting severely injured from friendly fire and to keep some from trying to severely injure others. This style of enchantment is also extended to the bow & arrows. On the other hand, other ranged weapons such as pistols and other low output guns will be loaded with precisely measured capsules of liquefied mana. When the trigger is pulled, the gun fires out the mana, which forms into an attribute-less bolt of magic energy. If a user of one of these weapons desired to add some attribute or element to this blast, they need only to prepare the necessary magic formula somewhere where it will have an effect on the released mana (like a magic circle or rune thread either drawn on paper and held near/placed on the barrel of the gun, or even a magic circle drawn around the barrel in midair with mana).

As mentioned above there are some select families that are long running Magus families, and they typically tend to be more highly skilled in magic use due to that history of teachings. Because of the long history of secrecy, however, many of them still prefer to keep this knowledge from the public, and some haven't even revealed themselves to be magus families, though this does not apply to all of them. Either way, it is typically only long running magus families that will have a stigmata as the formula in question is a compilation of generations worth of study and practice practically engraved into the magic circuits of each new generation as a sort of grimoire that exists within their body and is easily accessed through the channeling of mana through the source.
  • Welcome to this Hyperdimension Neptunia Alternate Reality/Universe/Dimension fandom RolePlay! Here I will be listing the up to date list of the varius HDD forms and their vacancy status. Any HDD form that's been officially taken will also have info on the character that has access to the form. For the CS and IC threads, refer to the buttons below.

• Purple Heart - Available

• Purple Sister - Reserved: GM character *******

• Black Heart - Available

• Black Sister - Available

• White Heart - Available

• White Sister "A" - Available

• White Sister "O" - Available

• Green Heart - Available

• Iris Heart - Available

• Yellow Heart - Available

• Welcome to this Hyperdimension Neptunia Alternate Reality/Universe/Dimension fandom RolePlay! Here is a quick look at all of the currently approved characters you'll be seeing around in the IC. For the CS and IC threads, refer to the buttons below.

• Bass Magus as:
      • Daisuke Fu-en
        Data: [spoili]
        • Nicknames: ↑Dai-kun, ↓Daimaou/Daimaō
        • Residence: School dorms
        • Year: High School 2nd Year
        • Elective(s): Combat
        • Friends: formerly with *******
        • Rivals/Enemies: student body
        [/spoili]

Last edited:
@Kiilgore @IceQueen @Lady Turquoise Heart the OOC is officially set up! I have to head to work now, so to you and anyone else who ends up visiting here, I won't have to CS thread set up until tomorrow afternoon (my time) at the earliest, but feel free to drop in, look around, and let me know if you're interested in joining ^-^

Situation update: I've been really busy with school, and the last few weeks my computer has been having serious issues which prevent me from working on anything at all, which is why the CS has yet to be posted. I'm currently working on trying to back up all my files to external drives so I can do a clean install of windows to reset my computer, but due to complications the process is taking a lot more time than I would like it to. I will post an update when my computer is functioning properly again, but for now I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you guys for your patience.

giphy.gif

I was unable to fix my laptop at all, so the other day I brought it in to a nearby PC repair shop and they got back to me telling me that my hard drive was shot... So I payed them a total of $164 and they replaced my hard drive! My laptop is now fixed and so far working properly, so now I just need to find some time after work that I'm not dog tired and get to work... on my schoolwork. I'll be honest guys, I'm 3 weeks behind on my 3D modeling class and need to catch up on it before even thinking about forums, so it'll likely be another week or so before I can make any more progress on Iwaku. I appreciate your patience m(v_v)m

@Kiilgore @IceQueen @Lady Turquoise Heart