6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
HDN; UE Interest Check Banner.png
Hey guys! If you're reading this, that must mean you have an interest in Hyperdimension Neptunia and wanna know what this is all about ^-^ This is a fan RP I've been working on for a while now, and I've finally got the background info ready for an execution!

So essentially this is meant to be a semi-original RP with HDN fandom elements. It's set in a dimension similar to ours, except that magic has been around for hundreds of years. For the majority of the time it had been kept secret from the general public, and even from most of the normal government as it functioned in it's own sort of secret society, but that's not important. What is important is that at some point there was an outbreak of mysterious monsters led by some crazy woman from another 'world' (*cough* dimension *cough*) who was hell-bent on world domination. When normal weapons proved useless, the magical society had to reveal themselves and fight. Their magic did work against the monsters, but because the ringleader just made more masses of them no progress was made. It was then that a group of girls who also hailed from a different world (*wink*) showed up, beat the woman down, and dragged her back to their original world.

Despite all of this, the monsters the woman summoned would still continue to semi-consistently spawn, which drove the use of magic to be integrated into everyday life in one form or another. Schools will now teach how to use either magic or magically enhanced weapons, as well as general combat training, as required electives (meaning that the choice belongs to the student, but at least one must be chosen), and any citizens already beyond school were issued magical weapons for self-defense.

The core of the roleplay takes place 20 years after this initial incident in a newer school in Tokyo, Japan as well as the general area around it. The school was built after a massive influx of citizens moving out of smaller towns to the city for protection, and is one that holds classes for students from 7th grade up until the end of college under one campus. It also has student dorms for anyone 10th grade and up whose living situation makes attendance difficult, so you can imagine that the overall campus if fairly large. The focus of the RP is mostly around students attending this school as they learn together, interact together, and develop together, some of which are showing signs of being able to use similar powers to those mysterious girls who saved the world 20 years previous.

If you've read this far, THANK YOU! I tried to summarize that as much as possible while still retaining most of the important details and making it sound interesting, so I really appreciate the effort put forth to read it. Of course, if you want the full spiel I'll provide it in a spoiler at the bottom of this post in all it's glory. If you want more information on the setting and background, that'd be where you'll find it. Anyways, this RP is intended to be somewhat mid-sized as far as members go, and if you weren't picking up on that last part yes HDD (or at the very least a watered down version) is accessible to some characters.

Currently the max character limit is 2-3 depending on character influence/weight (determined by their intended importance to the plot-line and their level of ability). Members may have 1 character with access to an HDD form based on ones pre-existing (it'd be too complicated to just make up new ones and this way it's still HDN-relevant) should they desire, but such a character automatically takes up 2 of the 3 character slots, and thus the only occasion in which a person can have 2 HDD characters is in the case of claiming the twin White Sisters and having no other characters, though this does not insinuate that two people cannot each have one of them, though that method may make synchronizing the characters themselves IC slightly more difficult, but it's all up to you :) For the record though, I already have dibs on the Purple Sister (Nepgear) HDD form

I wonder how many people will be interested in this whole thing >_<'

Welcome to Gamindustry... Not! This is a spinoff RP based on Hyperdimension Neptunia taking place in an alternate dimension that more closely resembles our own save for a few major differences behind the scenes.

For starters; magic has been part of this dimension for a number ofcenturies , but it has not been majorly mainstream until a certain incident roughly 20 years ago. A nameless villain from Gamindustry, furious about constant failures of their plans for world conquest all at the hands of the four goddesses we viewers know and love, found a way to jump between dimensions, so they decided to attempt to conquer a dimension that didn't rely on goddesses and share energy. That's how they came upon the world of this RP, bringing with them massive hoards of monsters and monster discs.

With modern weaponry being unable to deal any serious damage to the monsters that this world had never seen before, it was time for the pride of the Magus community to step forward and take action. Though their spells could indeed inflict more serious damage, it was not enough to eliminate the entire threat as the monsters continued spawning relentlessly, and the villain behind it controlled them all and commanded them like an army; crushing city after city. When all hope was lost, the goddesses appeared to save the day.

They smashed through the armies of monsters and defeated the mastermind, bringing the villain back to their own dimension which had begun to fall apart from the missing energy that the villain had leaked from their dimension (similar to what happens in Hyperdimension Neptunia's anime series). All seemed well and taken care of at the time, but what the goddesses didn't know that the citizens had to adjust their lifestyles around was that monsters were still spawning in this other dimension; though not as violently as when the villain controlled them.

To this day the monsters continue to spawn, but magic has been developed and improved in order to match the threat, working together with science. Most small towns have been abandoned, and cities have grown phenomenally larger to accommodate their citizens. Every city now has large borders to ward off as many monsters as possible, and citizens are advised by the government to either learn magic or carry a registered magic weapon for self-defense at all times.

Aside from this, only one other major difference appears: a select few children born in the generation following the incident have been gifted with access to lower forms of the goddesses' Hard Drive Divinity, which they realize and become able to use after reaching a certain point in life when they are most compatible with said powers, which generally ranges between junior high (middle school) to later high school or early college. Since such an amazing ability is only surfacing in new generations recently it's not well-known to be happening, so typically the most people have heard of it would be a rumor, myth, or urban legend; something most people tend to not believe in the credibility of it unless witnessed first-hand.

This RP takes place in one of the new regions of Tokyo brought about by the major increase in the city's size. This region is formally know as Dai hachi-ji ken, or Eighth Following Prefecture (symbolizing that it's the eighth new area of Tokyo after the reform), but is more commonly referred to as Hajiken. IC acivity will mostly take place in a school setting within the Hajiken Prefecture of Tokyo. Most major characters should be either students between middle school and college years (focusing more on high school) or teachers. The school in question is one of now many that have integrated classes involving some general combat training, magic weapon maintenance and use, and magic application skills into the regular curriculum. These classes are all essentially optional electives with the requirement of at least one being taken throughout the years. Hajiken's Magic Academy is a school that brings all classes from junior high (middle) school and up (going by the Japanese school system where junior high/middle school starts at seventh grade) together in one campus and also has dorms for students tenth grade and up who live too far from campus to commute or have other special circumstances that require them to live in the dorms. Naturally there can be threads that extend outside of the school campus and around the city, but the school is a major centerpiece for the RP's setting.

Just like with chemical reactions in science, all magic in this RP has some kind of formula. The formula explains what happens in the reaction and how in a way that doesn't necessarily need to be understood in order to use each spell, but should be memorized nonetheless. These formulas can come in various forms; a chant that calls upon the various attributes in the caster's mana and gives them shape and controls the power output ratios, a magic circle with various shapes and runes that fully explain all of the reaction's components, runes etched onto the surface of an object in order to give the object magical properties or lock a spell to it to be used either a limited amount of times based on the amount of mana sealed in the runes or a limitless amount of times by channeling one's own mana through them upon casting it, and in the cases of old magus families a stigmata, or record, that contains unique formulas for spells developed by the family over the ages and passed down from generation to generation, taught in secret and kept from the rest of the world.

Naturally, those who practice magic can manipulate the flow of their own mana without a formula, but the formula itself is what gives the mana shape and meaning. Any magus can force their mana into a shape and cast it out like a spell without a formula, but this method has a very high mana output for a very low cast strength. Skilled magi, however, can create the magic formula with circles formed in the air with the use of their mana, making casting quicker and easier than while they were still in training. These days there are also weapons specifically made for fighting monsters that have magic formulas engraved on them so they can better affect the monsters, but only ones of certain levels of strength can be signed to just anyone. In order to acquire any weapons of more exceptional power, certain permits and/or permissions must be acquired by or given to the user. Some examples of magic weapons that are free to use by anyone include;

Mana Pistol,
Semi-Automatic Machine Energy Gun (SAMEG) - low output,
Spell Spear (wooden),
Magic Bow & Arrows,
Rune Shield,
Enchanted Bouken,
etc.

Basically any low output weapon in existence that you can think of will have a magically inclined counterpart here. To further explain how they work: Melee weapons like boukens or shields will typically be inscribed with either runes or magic circles to boost their effectiveness to harm monsters or defend against monster attacks or other rogue magics. Naturally this is not limited to giving them added capabilities when specific mana waves are channeled through them, but these effects will be more or less limited on power so as to avoid civilian casualties; especially with weapons being given to students. All melee weapons will also be made without any live metal so as to avoid the possibility of someone getting severely injured or someone trying to severely injure others. This style of enchantment is also extended to the bow & arrows. On the other hand, other ranged weapons such as pistols and other low output guns will be loaded with precisely measured capsules of liquefied mana. When the trigger is pulled, the gun fires out the mana which forms into an attributeless bolt of magic energy. If a user of one of these weapons desired to add some attribute or element to this blast, they need only to prepare the necessary magic formula somewhere where it will have an effect on the released mana (like a magic circle or rune thread either drawn on paper and held near/placed on the barrel of the gun, or even a magic circle drawn around the barrel in midair with mana).

As mentioned above there are some select families that are long running Magus families, and they typically tend to be more highly skilled in magic use due to that history of teachings. Because of the long history of secrecy, however, many of them still prefer to keep this knowledge secret, and some haven't even revealed themselves to be magus families, though this does not apply to all of them. Either way, it is typically only long running magus families that will have a stigmata as the formula in question is a compilation of generations worth of study and practice practically engraved into the magic circuits of each new generation as a sort of grimoire that exists within their body and is easily accessed through the channeling of mana through the source.

Name: (Full name of the character)

Nickname: (What kind of nickname or nicknames do they have and who may/does call them by it?)

Sex: (Male or Female?)

Appearance: (Describe what the character looks like. This can include eye color, eye shape, hair color, hair style and length, body type, facial features, what they wear and how they wear it, any unique accessories, and anything else you can think of. An image may also be used in lieu of a text description, but it must be anime-style, and some extra info may be included if the picture doesn't display all the desired details, like if they're short or tall etc.)

Personality: (What kind of person are they? If they can transform; how does their personality change if at all? Also include a brief section about what others might think about them based on their personality or actions.)

Occupation: (Student? What year in school if so? Teacher? What class do they teach? Neither? Then what importance do they have here?)

Lodging: (Where do they live? Do they live at home with their family? Do they have a dorm room on the school campus? Or do they possibly live in a nearby apartment complex or something?)

Elective: (If they are a student, which elective class(es) do they take between 'Combat Tactics & Training', 'Art & History of Magic', and 'Magic Weapon Use & Maintenance'?)

Specialty: (What weapon and/or type of magic do they specialize in?)

HDD: (can this character access Hard Drive Divinity? If so, which Goddess's power do they gain access to?)

Combat: (Begin with a common title of fighting style that their style can be compared to. Then explain how they fight in more detail; how do they use their weapons of choice? What are some common attack patterns they like to or habitually use? What do they tend to prioritize more in a fight? If they can transform; how do they fight differently while transformed if at all?)

History: (Write a bit about their background before the present time. Include any major events in their life that might affect how they live in or see the world, their relationships with any other characters in the RP they might already know, and anything else you feel like including about their past. This segment doesn't need to be too long, but should at least be a couple of decently sized paragraphs.)

Interested Members
-Kiilgore
-IceQueen
-Crow
-Vania
-Lady Turquoise Heart

Last edited:
If playing makers are allowed, I might consider playing Cygames, Million Arthur or even Colopl.

this is all OCs

So, I won't be allowed to play Million Arthur right, but Cygames and Colopl are OK?
Ah, I guess I misunderstood. Making characters based on some game developers is fine, but if you're trying to reproduce the company's features in a character they probably won't have access to HDD :/ also bear in mind, the title of the RP itself is Hyperdimension Neptunia: Users' Edition. Anyways, there's more details about how magic will function in the world of this RP, I'm just running an interest check to start off right now ^-^

I'd like to play an OC who can access Purple Heart~

I just recently got into the HHD series and this looks super interesting

I'll throw in my name as one that has an interest
a few questions though.

by lower forms of the CPUs, does that mean the candidates, or is that just to limit it so we don't up using things like the NEXT forms? (from VII)

Is it limited to just the main 4 (if included)+ candidates, or would other CPUs, like the Ultradimension ones be available too? (and if so, would ultra/hyperdimension versions be different claims? (IE: Hyperdimension Vert being different from Ultradimension Vert))

Coincidentally, when I was in the middle of playing a HDN game, during a dialogue scene (that has one of the best music tracks IMHO) I decided to check the forums to see if a different thread had a reply, and saw this in the 'most recent reply' spot as I was scrolling down.

⚠ LONG POST WARNING ⚠

I'd like to play an OC who can access Purple Heart~

I just recently got into the HHD series and this looks super interesting
Awesome! Glad to have you! X3 (Also it's HDN for HyperDimension Neptunia ^^;)

I'll throw in my name as one that has an interest
a few questions though.

by lower forms of the CPUs, does that mean the candidates, or is that just to limit it so we don't up using things like the NEXT forms? (from VII)

Is it limited to just the main 4 (if included)+ candidates, or would other CPUs, like the Ultradimension ones be available too? (and if so, would ultra/hyperdimension versions be different claims? (IE: Hyperdimension Vert being different from Ultradimension Vert))

Coincidentally, when I was in the middle of playing a HDN game, during a dialogue scene (that has one of the best music tracks IMHO) I decided to check the forums to see if a different thread had a reply, and saw this in the 'most recent reply' spot as I was scrolling down.
Ah, read the full version I see X) So to answer your first question: it's actually mentioned earlier on to be watered down versions of HDD. By this I mean that they are more like partial transformations with generally the same abilities but at only a percentage of the true power. The reasoning behind this is because the characters in question are different from the goddesses in personality and many cases fighting style (though they'd probably hold some similarities), so they'd naturally use the power somewhat differently. It's also because these users are not immortal goddesses unlike the main cast, but more like gifted human beings that are just tapping into the abilities through a mysterious connection that they were unaware that they even had to begin with. Think of this as if they were born with a weak connection to the goddesses and at some point were given access to borrow a fraction of their abilities, sorta like how Harry Potter became a Parcelmouth because of his connection to Voldemort if you're looking for a simile of sorts.

As for your second question: I'm glad you asked that because it's actually something I was taking into account myself. I have another person I know on FB who is most likely going to co-GM this with me (maybe even another but they may need more time to familiarize with the series before they feel confident enough to do it) and I asked the first person what they thought on the subject so now I'm essentially waiting for them to get back to me about it (it may take a couple of days; they can be busy at times). Still though, I had not considered the alternate Vert/Noire/Blanc as being separate claims yet, so I will discuss that as well, but for the time being we'll probably wait to see how many people are interested before getting to that. The most likely additions beyond the Hyperdimension goddesses and candidates though will likely be just Iris and Yellow Heart, provided there are enough interested people or my co-GM responds saying to go forward with that. Of course, if there are more people interested who want HDD characters than there are of the 8-10 spoken of, then the possibility of others opening up becomes more likely (well, that or just more requests for HDDs from the alternate dimensions or multiple requests for the same HDD, but it really is best to wait until everything gets officially set up before setting in stone which one you want if you were hoping to get one from the alternate dimensions ^^;). Either way, yes the main 4 as well as the candidates will be available for HDD access, and Iris and Yellow are very likely. Very good question ( ̄ω ̄)

Very funny coincidence: the very first time I see my ad banner for this thread up in the ads section was when I just now loaded this thread after seeing that someone had responded XD also, that was a pretty cool coincidence you had too. Which game were you playing? :D

Last edited:
⚠ LONG POST WARNING ⚠

Awesome! Glad to have you! X3 (Also it's HDN for HyperDimension Neptunia ^^;)

Ah, read the full version I see X) So to answer your first question: it's actually mentioned earlier on to be watered down versions of HDD. By this I mean that they are more like partial transformations with generally the same abilities but at only a percentage of the true power. The reasoning behind this is because the characters in question are different from the goddesses in personality and many cases fighting style (though they'd probably hold some similarities), so they'd naturally use the power somewhat differently. It's also because these users are not immortal goddesses unlike the main cast, but more like gifted human beings that are just tapping into the abilities through a mysterious connection that they were unaware that they even had to begin with. Think of this as if they were born with a weak connection to the goddesses and at some point were given access to borrow a fraction of their abilities, sorta like how Harry Potter became a Parcelmouth because of his connection to Voldemort if you're looking for a simile of sorts.

As for your second question: I'm glad you asked that because it's actually something I was taking into account myself. I have another person I know on FB who is most likely going to co-GM this with me (maybe even another but they may need more time to familiarize with the series before they feel confident enough to do it) and I asked the first person what they thought on the subject so now I'm essentially waiting for them to get back to me about it (it may take a couple of days; they can be busy at times). Still though, I had not considered the alternate Vert/Noire/Blanc as being separate claims yet, so I will discuss that as well, but for the time being we'll probably wait to see how many people are interested before getting to that. The most likely additions beyond the Ultradimension goddesses and candidates though will likely be just Iris and Yellow Heart, provided there are enough interested people or my co-GM responds saying to go forward with that. Of course, if there are more people interested who want HDD characters than there are of the 8-10 spoken of, then the possibility of others opening up becomes more likely (well, that or just more requests for HDDs from the alternate dimensions or multiple requests for the same HDD, but it really is best to wait until everything gets officially set up before setting in stone which one you want if you were hoping to get one from the alternate dimensions ^^;). Either way, yes the main 4 as well as the candidates will be available for HDD access, and Iris and Yellow are very likely. Very good question ( ̄ω ̄)

Very funny coincidence: the very first time I see my ad banner for this thread up in the ads section was when I just now loaded this thread after seeing that someone had responded XD also, that was a pretty cool coincidence you had too. Which game were you playing? :D
Rip me I can acronym I promise XD

Rip me I can acronym I promise XD
Lol XD but yeah, sorry for my late response btw, I work night shifts 4 nights a week and was asleep all of yesterday before going to work, and barely had a moment's rest the whole night because I had to pick up the slack left behind by my coworkers who didn't seem to want to do their jobs and left the store in a mess by the time I arrived

So go ahead and add y'all as interested then? @Crow @IceQueen @Kiilgore

As for your second question: I'm glad you asked that because it's actually something I was taking into account myself. I have another person I know on FB who is most likely going to co-GM this with me (maybe even another but they may need more time to familiarize with the series before they feel confident enough to do it) and I asked the first person what they thought on the subject so now I'm essentially waiting for them to get back to me about it (it may take a couple of days; they can be busy at times). Still though, I had not considered the alternate Vert/Noire/Blanc as being separate claims yet, so I will discuss that as well, but for the time being we'll probably wait to see how many people are interested before getting to that. The most likely additions beyond the Ultradimension goddesses and candidates though will likely be just Iris and Yellow Heart, provided there are enough interested people or my co-GM responds saying to go forward with that. Of course, if there are more people interested who want HDD characters than there are of the 8-10 spoken of, then the possibility of others opening up becomes more likely (well, that or just more requests for HDDs from the alternate dimensions or multiple requests for the same HDD, but it really is best to wait until everything gets officially set up before setting in stone which one you want if you were hoping to get one from the alternate dimensions ^^;). Either way, yes the main 4 as well as the candidates will be available for HDD access, and Iris and Yellow are very likely. Very good question ( ̄ω ̄)

Alright thanks for clearing that stuff up. :D
The main reason I asked was because of in case one wanted a position, but the main4+candidates were taken. (As well as I have a friend that might be interested... Who I bet would enjoy taking a her ladyship position....)

I was playing rebirth 3. Was during one of the seven sages meetings that I took a look.
Not that far into the game.... Only in the start of chapter 2 where mini-histy gets all mega-pisty at the main two.

And yeah, mark me down as interested~

Alright thanks for clearing that stuff up. :D
The main reason I asked was because of in case one wanted a position, but the main4+candidates were taken. (As well as I have a friend that might be interested... Who I bet would enjoy taking a her ladyship position....)
yes, very reasonable train of thought :3 Also, totally feel free to tell your friend about it! :D The more the merrier here!

I was playing rebirth 3. Was during one of the seven sages meetings that I took a look.
Not that far into the game.... Only in the start of chapter 2 where mini-histy gets all mega-pisty at the main two.
XD lol As far as the games I myself have only finished the normal ending of rebirth1 and I'm currently on a quest for max level and best equips just cuz before I head for the true ending (I may also try to get all plans finished at some point, but it's less important), but I have seen the anime (both subbed and dubbed; I own the Limited Edition box released by Funimation >:3) as well as brushed up on some of the more major details of the games beyond so I have a general amount of knowledge about how different the anime is to them (it is it's own separate dimension anyways, so it makes sense) and generally what happens in them for the most part. Since this is a spin-off with all OCs in the first place I think I still retain enough of the info needed to run it :3

And yeah, mark me down as interested~
Will do! ^-^

Yes I am interested! This looks super funsies

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Allright. So I asked him. He said he doesn't really like Forum RP unless it has it's own subforum. v.v;

waiiiiittttt.... that means all the more puddin for us then, right? *shot*

I'm ready to get this jam started whenever you are~

Allright. So I asked him. He said he doesn't really like Forum RP unless it has it's own subforum. v.v;

waiiiiittttt.... that means all the more puddin for us then, right? *shot*
well that is unfortunate :(

unfortunate that we'll never get a taste of Compa-chuan's puddin that is

truly a shame

I'm ready to get this jam started whenever you are~
We're going to wait for about a week or so at least so we can try to attract more people to the show and so the co-GM can have time to get back to me. In the meantime would you guys like me to post the spec info involving how magic is handled in the world of this RP so you can better plot out characters?

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
well that is unfortunate :(

truly a shame

We're going to wait for about a week or so at least so we can try to attract more people to the show and so the co-GM can have time to get back to me. In the meantime would you guys like me to post the spec info involving how magic is handled in the world of this RP so you can better plot out characters?
Yeah that would be great~!

Sure~

Truuuuuuueeeee.... There's still the other puddin though.

Yeah that would be great~!
alright, it's all in the head post now

Truuuuuuueeeee.... There's still the other puddin though.
other puddin? please do tell. DETAILS! DETAILS! XD

For the record btw, I have 2 characters already in mind; both are high school freshmen and childhood friends. One is a relatively sociable and well-liked girl with no prior magical background, and thus she takes the magic firearms class. She does, however, have some minor kendo experience, but she dropped the art after a while before moving from central Tokyo to Hajiken near the beginning of high school (which was when she entered the Magic Academy there). She will later on awaken to Purple Sister's HDD.

The second character is a guy who, up until the end of middle school, lived in central Tokyo with his family. Out in the open they run a kendo dojo, which he's obviously been training in his whole life (he was considered by many to be a prodigy in the nearly dead art) and is also how my two characters know each other, but behind closed doors they're one of the long running magus families that has still yet to reveal themselves, though their name is decently well known within the magus society. Being that he is the only child he has obviously spent his entire life thus far studying in his family's magic, and due to his nature as a prodigy in a nearly dead art as well as being the heir to a prestigious magus family he naturally began to attract some unwanted attention from some unsavory government officials. Conveniently enough his childhood friend's family was moving to one of the newer districts in the outer ring of Tokyo, so he was to move with them. His father had also provided him with a special phone that was rigged to pick up police comm signals, and shortly after they arrived to Hajiken he immediately moved to the dorms at the Magic Academy and began working as a masked hero/monster hunter wearing a samurai kimono. Because of this he was late to his first day at school and arrived looking exhausted and irritated with his uniform very loosely worn which made him look like some kind of thug/delinquent kid, frightening teachers and peers alike. Rumors about him spread really fast, so when he attempted to join the school's already small kendo club the remaining members all quit immediately, leaving him as the sole member. He takes the combat classes as his elective, and being overly aware about his own social situation he distances himself from his childhood friend so as to not affect her life there, which isn't difficult as they had become rather distant already since before the move due to him becoming solely focused on his improvement in kendo and magic.

Sorry the latter one is so long, it's just that he's the more developed character ^^; btw his name is Daisuke Fu-en, and he was dubbed the nickname Daimaou/Daimaō (Demon King for those who don't know) from his general image people sorta slapped on him. Lastly, ima add the CS skelly in the top post now that I remember that y'all might need to know what all you can expect to make as far as character info goes. I just gave a synopsis of my characters so you guys know what to work around ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.