Hyperdimension Neptunia: A Rising Threat

L

Lady White

Original poster
It was a new day in Gamindustri. After the events of Megadimension Neptunia VI, with Kurome Ankokuboshi successfully dealt with and taken care of, the faithful Goddesses were finally back into a realm of peace, and their citizens slowly returned their faith in their protectors after the world had been rewritten by those events. The Gold Third assisted the Goddesses with their nations and relations were set up once more to benefit from each other's technology and gaming consoles.​

However, in the alternate Gamindustri in the Ultra Dimension, a trouble was brewing. An old enemy had returned to their ways and plotted to destroy everything in her path. In the Basilicom of the Ultra Dimension Nation of Planeptune, a Goddess and her Oracle were having a lecture... Again.

Histoire.jpg
"Plutia, how many times must I tell you? -_- You must act appropriately as Planeptune's Goddess, especially when the other nations have a much higher amount of shares than us."

Plutia.jpg
"Aww... But I don't liiiike to work... I'd rather naaap.." "I'm serious Plutia. Oh I wish you had some sense of working like the others do... Even if your HDD form is terrifying..."

Meanwhile in the Basilicom's jail, an evil power was now awakening once more inside of a specific prisoner...

Rei Ryghts.PNG
"The time is ripe..." She then glowed in a dark and malific aura as she broke her cuffs instantly and smirked in a very megalomanical fashion as she caused a giant explosion, causing the entire building to start collapsing. Plutia instantly transformed into her Hard Drive Divinity form and grabbed Histoire. "I-I-Iris Heart?! I uh..."

Iris_Heart.png
"What's the matter, Histoire?~ Would you rather I just left you here in a collapsing basilicom? I had no idea you were into such things, hmhm~" "I-I am most certainly not! -_- I thank you none the less, Plutia, but we need to figure out the cause of such an event." "Aww. Hmhm. First we must get you to safety~ And then? I'm going to find the bitch responsible for putting us in danger, and I'm going to punish her." And so Iris Heart flew off with Histoire in hand as they proceeded to fly to the mountains between Planeptune and another nation known as Lastation.

Meanwhile someone else entirely, a portal opened up randomly on a specific individual after they were going about their regular day. It was a swirling purple portal, which immediately sucked them into it, sending them into another dimension entirely. Once the portal closed, that individual would experience high winds as they'd discover that they were rapidly falling from the sky!

A bit further down and they'd see a silhouette of a woman flying through the sky, and eventually crash into their back, causing them to fall rapidly towards the ground and crash with a loud thud. Once the woman regained consciousness, she would discover that someone was sitting on top of her, keeping her pinned. Turning her head towards the individual, she threw an angry statement as a response.

iris-heart-gif-4.gif
"Hmph! And who do you think you are crashing into me at a time like this?! You must be a very naughty individual if you picked me to land on while falling from the sky, and utilise my body as a safety cushion~ I know the expression 'A pain in the ass' all too well~ But this is more of an annoyance. GET OFF ME THIS INSTANT!!"​

Sans was falling. Although, he wasn’t freaking out about it. In fact, he was quite casual about his fall and he could have changed the nature of gravity itself, but what did he care? This last reset had actually sent him into a different world. Had the timeline been messed up that much? Was PAPYRUS here? Was FRISK? Was TORIEL? ...CHARA? He hoped that last one stayed in the UNDERGROUND.

Soon enough, there was something fleshy and soft beneath him.

Sans was not heavy. He was a pile of bones in a literal sense and having the capability of doing one damage as some humans would call it. He was not particularly pinning the girl down and he was certain he hadn’t hurt her. He was trying to decipher whether or not she was human, but as far as he knew, humans didn’t fly. He decided she was a monster and that there was nothing to fear.

hey, is that any way to greet a new pal? lighten up and shake my hand.” Sans offered his bony hand with a small woopie cushion inside.

He was giving the girl his goofiest smile and best poker face at the same time. He didn’t seem to care he’d randomly fallen out of the sky and onto her back. He was sure PAPYRUS would be scolding him right now, calling him lazy bones.

In order to put the girl more at ease, Sans added, “i promise, i won’t move a muscle.

How could he move a muscle? He didn’t have any.

"Hmph... You remind me so much of Neppy, casually falling from the sky without a care in the world." The girl stated as she stood up and revealed her true height, towering above Sans who appeared to be but a short skeleton. A skeleton? Monsters are ever prevalent in the world but Skeletons? Either a rarity or non-existent. This one seems to be sentient so that's a change as she looked at him with his boney hand out. "Hmm. A strange monster you are. Being able to talk as well is certainly a rarity if not never." She then proceeded to shake his hand, only to be greeted by a Whoopie Cushion sound. "Urgh... You are driving my patience, it makes me want to punish you but..." She paused, moving her hand off of her hip as she went to spawn her Whip but then looked him over: Completely bone, no flesh to speak of, which made her retract her hand. "... Sadly it would seem that you aren't worth the energy. Now where is---" She then looked around, but Histoire was nowhere to be seen. "---Seems like I got separated due to this... irritating inconvenience. I guess we better start ourselves off with an introduction."

Iris.jpg

"I am CPU Iris Heart, ruler of the nation Planeptune. And who might you be, skeleton? Monsters around here are not friendly, in fact most of them have lots of bite~ but no shred of brain-sense to even hold a conversation like this."

"rough crowd..." said the skeleton to no one in particular, "i'm sans, sans the skeleton."

He was not paying her insults any mind. He'd never come across any humans quite as tall or as old if he had to guess. He also chose not to be insulted by her generalization of monsters. Where he came from, all monsters could talk and all of them were friendly. He also had to retract his earlier assumption. She didn't consider herself a monster, so just what was she?

"no need for punishments, i don't have the guts to be unfriendly," that was only half true.

Sans had made a promise. He wouldn't dare break it when he hadn't been harmed despite their obvious feelings towards monsters like himself.

On other matters, he wondered if he could take short cuts like in the UNDERGROUND. He would have to test that once he got to know the area better.

"so, what is planeptune?"

"Hmm. Interestin---" "Ahhh!" Iris was interrupted as a scream from a fair distance away from the duo as she turned to the source of the scream. "Hmph. We'll have to talk later. Seems like poor little Histoire has gotten herself into trouble. I'm going after her. You can come if you wish, but do not get in my way." She stated as she took flight above Sans and looked towards a nearby Forest where another loud sound could be heard. "ROAR!!!" "Hmph. That sounded like an Ancient Dragon. Which means little Histoire needs some assistance. You, Sans was it? We must make haste, do you need a lift?"

The roar didn't scare Sans. It took a lot to scare him in fact. He was just as nonchalant as he was when he was falling. He had heard about dragons from one of ALPHYS's so called animes. He knew what they looked like, but he'd never had to deal with them first hand.

"i guess i will be needing a lift, but don't work yourself to the bone carrying me," Sans made sure his slippers were secure on his feet. They were his favorite pair of slippers and he didn't want to lose them.

Sans didn't know who Histoire was, but they were in trouble. It wasn't his problem and this person looked capable of enough to handle it on their own. No need, to be showing them what he could really do, not yet.

There was a lot to learn about this world. To be fair, it looked like the surface monsters had been fighting to get to, but it was different. He didn't want to think about what would happen if one of his friends was killed because they were mistaken for a mean-spirited monster. How had things gotten so messed up?

"(I swear if he keeps making those puns... Hmhm.) Alright hop on." Iris stated as she grabbed Sans and took off, maintaining her hold on him while her chest rested on the back of his skull. As she flew, Sans would gain sightlines of the area:

Planeptune.png

"That, is Planeptune over there, my nation. Of course it's currently recovering from damages to the central tower in which I fled with Histoire, the Oracle. We're heading to the forest close-by where we heard that noise." Iris stated as they were almost there. The Roars of the Beast grew louder and louder until they had eventually arrived, letting Sans down onto the ground.

Ancient Dragon.PNG

The large creature was standing in the middle, ready to pounce onto the unsuspecting target; a fairy like creature floating on a open book. "Hmph. Creatures like you should really learn not to cross us~ Otherwise it's punishment time. You will regret hurting us, Dragon." "ROAR!!" "Sans. Make sure Histoire is safe. I shall handle the Dragon. She's the little adorable fairy over by that tree." She stated as she took off, spawning forth a Sword out of thin air as she charged the creature. Over by the Tree, the fairy would spot Sans in the distance and waved frantically over to him.

UltraHistoire.png

"Excuse me? Excuse me? Can you help me please? I appear to of found myself in quite the predicament... O_O"

Soon, Sans found himself in the air again. He was getting a clear view of the world below him. He really would have to do some exploring. This place was a million times bigger than the UNDERGROUND. However, he'd have no problem remembering everything. His mind was like a steel trap. He never forgot anything... never. Although, he was a bit distracted having soft fleshy things pressing on the back of his skull. He'd never felt quite a sensation.

Sans had never seen any monster quite like the creature before them. Even he had to admit it didn't look friendly. He didn't know what to call Iris... Was he supposed to call her by her full title. It was kind of a mouthful... especially when you didn't have lips. He chuckled at his own thoughts.

He didn't really know how to keep a FAIRY safe. He didn't even know what one was to begin with. All these people really matched ALPHYS's animes so perhaps it would be safe to call them humanoids for the time being.

He heard a small voice call out.

"i don't know if i can really be of much help." Sans shrugged, "i'm sans, sans the skeleton. so your friend is kind of intense, isn't she?"

"She is, indeed..." She responded simply as she looked over to watch Iris fight the Dragon who appeared to be struggling immensely as she repeatedly whipped it with her sword/whip weapon as she chuckled immensely. "Feel the pain! Hahahaha! Scream for me!" "O_O Iris Heart's personality is very major between this form and her human form... She's the most drastic out of the others here. She is better known as Plutia. And I am Histoire, a tome that records and watches over History, and I also act as Planeptune's Oracle. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sans ^_^" Histoire stated as she smiled happily to Sans as the Ancient Dragon fell to the ground with a loud thud, coated in whip marks. "Hmph. Stay down, beast." She then flew over to the two and landed, soon she was engulfed in a bright light as her form changed completely.

Pururut3.png

"Oh heeey... I beat up the meanie Dragon... Are you okaaay, Mini Histy?" "I'm fine, Plutia. ^_^ I'm glad that everything's been resolved... But what I'm curious about is our friend here."

Different forms? So these humans could change forms. He was glad to know he'd been right about something. They were humans which made him wary, but he was also glad he hadn't hurt any of them since he'd made a promise to TORIEL that he would never do that. Otherwise, he would have killed a certain human a long time ago...

He found Plutia's enthusiasm to be a little off putting. It reminded him a lot of PAPYRUS except she was probably more dangerous by a long shot.

"so, do you always go around treating monsters like that?" there was a dark undertone to his question. He didn't think he could bear it if he found out someone had beat up his brother or worse... killed him. Where he came from all monsters had lives. They had families and all they wanted to do was get back up to the surface.

In this form, he found the humans weren't as tall as before. They looked about the same age as FRISK now. He shoved his hands in his pockets. What was he to do now?

"Umm... Only the ones who hurt us... Most just stay away from us due to our strengths buuuut..." "There are some monsters who live alongside us." Histoire added as she looked towards Sans. "I'm not quite sure where you've come from, but our time is dire, as we were evacuating from Planeptune Tower after an incident in the underground holding chambers." "Oh, oh oh oh! Maybe Noire will let us stay in Lastation while we investigate!" "That's a great idea, Plutia. ^_^ I'm sure Noire would be able to assist us, in our time of need. I can also use this as an opportunity to figure out where you've come from, Sans." And with that said and done, Plutia transformed once more into her Goddess Form, Iris Heart, as she grabbed Histoire with one hand, and offered the other to Sans. "Hmhm. Do not worry, my little skeleton~ I only punish the monsters who get in my way, or hurt my fellow citizens or friends. So long as you aren't one of those, you will be spared."

Okay, so they weren't bad humans Sans decided. In fact, he was pleasantly surprised to know some monsters lived alongside them. That was more than he could say about the monsters from the underground. Maybe this would be a great change from how they once lived.

"the monsters i know are all pretty cool and they wouldn't hurt anyone...i come from a place known as the underground. only two humans ever went there that i can remember..." Sans didn't want to bother explaining the resets and the time anomalies he'd discovered.

All those timelines starting and stopping. He'd seen them himself before he fell into this world. However, the last time just stopped and as far as he know, it hadn't been reset. In fact, the last world he remembered... had been deleted. It just vanished. There were timelines where he died not just once, but several times. He remembered times when all his friends had been killed and timelines where just his brother had been killed. Of course, there were timelines where they'd made it to the surface as well.

It's no wonder he was always worried about humans. He never knew what kind of person they were going to be and if they had the power to make things right. He didn't have a choice but to go with these humans for now, but he hoped they would hold true to their words.

As they flew across the area, flying over the mountainside, the nation known as Lastation would come into view:

Ultra Dimension Lastation.PNG

"Lastation is just up ahead." Iris stated as Histoire looked towards Sans as he made his statement about the Underground and his Monsters. "I see. The monsters in this world are hostile on approach, at least the roaming ones outside the major cities are. Some monsters do live happily with us but some that live with us are criminals. They are constantly jailed but they find a way to be released and cause more trouble. Especially one who tried to have us destroyed." "Hmhm. Are you on about my favourite little rodent?~ Warechu is such a cute one but he keeps getting in our way despite our... intimate, discussions." "Iris Heart please... O_O This isn't the time for that. We need to meet Noire and plan our next course of action, and figure out what happened in Planeptune."

Lastation was unlike anything Sans had ever seen. The underground didn't have anything this nice except the waterfall, but it still didn't compare to this. He was like a sponge, learning everything he could about the world he was in. A part of him was getting hope that he might be able to stay here. He thought the interactions between Iris and Histoire were pretty funny. They kind of reminded him of Papyrus.

"warechu? does it turn into a shoe at night? i think that'd be pretty cool, but i wouldn't make a good shoe. i don't have a sole," Sans was giving the two of them his famous goofy smile, "so, do you guys have any ideas as to how i got here?"

"(Urgh...)" "I have a few theories of how you got here, Sans. But all of them point towards someone who we had trouble with in the past; Rei Ryghts." "Ooh... Her~ That must explain the explosion underneath our Basilicom as she was held there under maximum security." "Rei Ryghts was underneath our basilicom?! Iris Heart, why did you believe that was a good idea?! -_-" "You wouldn't want to backchat me, would you? You'll know what happens~" "*Gulp*" As they arrived at Lastation, they flew into the Basilicom and landed at the top where Noire was working. Histoire flew in first to greet her. "Noire? I sincerely apologise for this inconvenience but our time is dire."

rsz_1hdd_-_noire.png

"Histoire? And Planeptune's CPU." The woman stated as she heard them come in and waited. "I'm surprised you're here Iris Heart. I'd thought you'd be busy not running your nation properly with Neptune." "Neppy is back in her dimension right now~ It's just me here, and I must say that was quite rude of you Noire. Don't you remember what I am capable of?" "Hmph." She then wondered over to Sans and pondered for a moment, then realised. "Wait a minute. Aren't you Sans the Skeleton?" "You know who he is, Noire?" "Hyperdimension Blanc spoke a lot about the characters of a certain game that was released on her console. *Ahem* I am CPU Black Heart, ruler of Lastation. It's a surprise that a Video Game character dropped into our world."

Reactions: Sans
"an explosion, huh?" Sans fought the urge to make a pun about explosions. He also had no idea what a backchat was.

Then there was another white-haired human girl. For a planet that included fighting monsters, there were a lot of women. Not that Sans had a problem with it. He was always under the impression that males existed where females did. That was how the human race reproduced as far as he knew. All this talk of CPUs and hearts was much different from how he would talk about them. Especially when it came to the heart.

When the girl called Noire addressed Sans, he was slightly surprised that anyone from another dimension would know of him, but he had to remind himself, there were an infinite number of possibilities, including a world where someone knew of him.

"yeah. so what's this about character from a video game dropping into another world?" Sans did not like the way Noire referred to his world as a game. The Underground was no game and real people suffered there. Even if someone was able to reset the world and make them forget things of the past. Sans didn't forget. He never forgot.

"Ahh... I believe we just broke the fourth wall again... That's what Neptune's influence can bring -_-" Histoire replied with an eye-roll as Sans asked the question. "Damn it, Neptune... Ahem. Basically our world consists of Goddesses or what we are properly known as Console Patron Units. We as CPU's and our nations produce Consoles and Games for our citizens of various genres and themes. Your game originated from the PC Continent which is a far distance from this one, but the nation of Lowee brought it over to their system." Noire stated as she explained briefly what their world was to Sans. "I can understand that in your world, everything is real life but once you see it for your own eyes what actually happens, you learn a lot more than you realise."