Hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whispers amongst the crowd stopped abruptly when he noticed a couple hybrids shy away as if they had saw something. Jamie let out a sigh as the others returned to their buisness. He didn't care if the scientists judged him harshly, but amongst his peers was a different story. He could not hide from them. If something was amiss, they'd catch whiff of it. He needed to be careful not to appear out of the ordinary. The less attention he brought to himself, the better. He stood there motionless for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts. He cautiously scanned the area wondering if it would be wise to find a place to hide. He didn't know if the caves would be occupied at this time and he just wasn't certain he should try to find that place that the doctor had described today. With the guard's eyes glued on him, he figured he should save that exploration for another day.

His thoughts were cut off when he heard a voice. A gasp escaped his lips, turning sharply to meet Alondra's bright blue eyes. His lips parted, speechless. He didn't think she'd appoach him again after what happened. Not that he would blame her. It would probably be in her best interest to avoid him. At the same time, a part of him felt touched that she was still reaching out to him in such a gentle manner. His gaze softened, looking away from her with his eyebrows knitted together, "Ah, I'm sorry." He apologized quickly, finally processing her words. "Yes, I just had something on my mind..." The way he held Velvet blocked the heat that he felt flooding to his cheeks.

Rubin smiled in satisfaction and continued to drink his alcohol while researching through his tablet. He was viewing the stats of every single hybrid and corrected some errors. Sighing, he left the rec room and went to the roof top instead. It was nice there. It made him feel at peace, mostly no one would be there except him. Of course. Upon entering, he leaned on the wired fence and stared towards the city. The fence was almost closed in like a dome incase a hybrid attempted to escape. Rubin looked to his side. Towards the wall, that happens to be an invinsible window.

Inside was the secret room that he told Jamie about.It was like a small garden with two big windows on each side. One facing the roof top and another full view of the city far away. It was mostly found at the very top, he didn't tell in which specific corner though, but it mostly has a number on the top that said "014" on it, His favourite number.

Avina had been punching and kicking at a punching bag, lost in her own thoughts when she heard a huge commotion in the training ring. She stopped and turned with a huge sigh, but by then everything had already started. The wolf girl saw as the a fellow wolf hybrid rushed in to stop them and growled lightly as the vultures kept fueling Jamie's anger. Avina shook her head and turned away as Jamie attacked them, then quickly covered her ears at the loud sirens that started blaring. If her ears were hurting from the sirens she wondered how horribly it hurt Jamie and Avina frowned, looking up as guards pulled Jamie away.

The young wolf girl shook her head once again, wondering if she would see Jamie again at all. She wasn't very close to many of the hybrids here, but she still felt a great sadness when one would be taken away and never come back. She shook her head even more, growling slightly at her thoughts and then just began to run onto the track, soon changing into her white wolf self and running faster than ever. She wanted to tire herself out. She hated being locked in this place. She hated this place so much. She hated she couldn't do anything about it. She hated...

Avina slowed down, knowing if she went any faster, she'd tire herself out too hard, and it seemed the scientists who kept track of her got very unhappy when she did so. The wolf gave a big huff, like a wolfish sigh, and just began to walk back into the main area of the rec room, feeling more comfortable in her wolf form. She noticed Jamie had come back into the rec room, and she felt relieved. She then noticed another hybrid had walked in. A Wolverine? Avina watched as the hybrid strutted around and then began to lift weights. She huffed again before moving on to get a drink of water. Changing back to her human self smoothly, she stretched her arms above her head before grabbing a water bottle and drinking it fully in big gulps. She decided to try maybe talk to someone, coming to a stop beside Haidan, the Ram hybrid, and she offered a small shy smile. "Uh..Hello. Interesting book?"

(Damn I wasn't getting any alerts for this I'm sorry. Hope this all makes sense, I tried to catch up as best I could)

Reactions: Blox
Haidan slightly jumed at the sudden voice behind her. She turned to see Avina, the white wolf, standing there. Haidan looked down at her book, and then back at Avina. "Yeah. I like it. Gives me a different world to escape into. I like to pretend I'm the characters. Or add my own character into them. It's the only good book that I've seemed to find here. I wish I knew the name of it, but the covers have been ripped up." She flipped to the cover to show her. The title looked like it was burned off. All that was seen of the cover was a red background with what looked like a black silhouette. "Anything to really keep my mind off of this place. Sorry, I'm babbling. I do that when I'm nervous."

She stood up and smoothed her hands across her pants. She tucked her book into the waistband of her pants, where she always kept it. She looked up at Avina and forced a smile. Trying to be friendly.

For some reason, Tyson tended to draw the eyes of the wolves in the room. Maybe it was a pack mentality, maybe they just sensed the presence of the Devil's Earthly Abode in him.

Or maybe they just thought he was sexy.

The Wolverine catagorized everyone into three groups. The weak, he wanted to eat. The strong, he wanted to murder and supplant. The beautiful female predator hybrids... well, the Wolverine had very definite ideas about what he wanted to do with them. Tyson didn't disapprove of the premise of such activities, but he didn't want to stir up too much drama, especially among the wolves who were sure to view it as betrayal...

So instead, he stuck with his usual strength training. He was pleased to find that while he'd lost tone, he hadn't lost much actual strength. Today he decided to do chest and arms, so after his presses he moved to curls with the kettlebells. He tried not to stare back at the wolves. It had been over a month since he'd left the facility, and most of his regular crew had either been killed, or forgotten about him, or just found better friends. Tyson didn't blame them. The Wolverine was a solitary predator.

A hand came down on his shoulder. One of the new guys, fresh from the outside world, thinking this was like a normal prison where you had to beat someone up on your first day to get a rep. Tyson didn't even let the idiot get a demand out before a low, sing-song growl reverberated from his chest, and he locked eyes with the fool, the promise of hell burning in them.

My kettlebell.

The Wolverine got possessive over the strangest things, but Tyson was in partial agreement on this one. Give someone an inch, and they'd take you into the showers for some 'bonding'. Tyson would rather be lonely than show the slightest appearance of weakness in here.

It wasn't like he was a lifer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avina smiled more naturally now, happy that someone else could get lost in books like herself, though she hadn't in awhile. The facility's book collection was very minimal compared to the amount of books she had access to when she'd been free. The wolf girl frowned slightly at the condition the book was in, having always been careful to keep books in mint condition if she could. She kept her thoughts light though, smiling again slightly though she rubbed her neck nervously. Avina really needed to work on her people skills. "No no it's okay, you weren't babbling. Um...I'm sorry I interrupted. I know how annoying it can be to be stopped mid-story." The corners of her mouth lifted a bit more in an apologetic smile. She really wished to not make Haidan uncomfortable, and she hoped she wouldn't.

Burn it up!

RILEY

After punching the bags for a while, she felt herself tire slightly. Stopping out of sheer boredom, she turned around to face the rest of the room. Tyson was lifting weights, the other wolf hybrid--Avian, was speaking to the Ram, Ella had just came back and the Octopus was no where to be found again. She lost track of Alondra and Jamie as well. Sighing, she walked a little bit and sat by the water's edge. Looking down at her reflection she could see the scars and bruises that were left there from many fights. Closing her eyes, she could just barely picture another face. That of someone she loved and missed deeply, but yearned to forget about.

Letting this thought come to her, she placed her hand in the water, cooling off her emotions. At least there wasn't any piranha hybrids here. She smiled at that this thought and opened her eyes to face the water.
And ignite!

Teemo took stuff to his cell to sharpen his claws, and let his predator out, the mouse on the top of the junk pile of teemos stuff didn't stand half a chance. Teemo wiped the blood off his mouth and chin, then headed down to the training arena. He stood by the water and looked by his reflection, he still.had some blood stained in his fur,.he looked quite insane, to a freaking baby, made him look like a cannibal bush baby...

"It's alright. I've read the story multiple times. It's one of the best stories I've read. I always keep it with me to calm me down, because it kind of seems like a reassurance thing. That even the terrible things eventually come to an end. You just have to fight for what you want. In this case, freedom." She smiled. Finally feeling that she could talk about things with someone. It's been a while since she had a female friend to talk to. The last one was... She shook her head, pushing that memory away. She couldn't think about her. It was too terrible to think about. She turned back to Avina. "So what are your favorite types of story?" It almost felt weird to her to talk to someone. After all those years of not talking, she finally opened up a bit. But her fear that everyone she talked to disappeared was still there.

Avina tapped her chin lightly in thought. It seemed she was quickly getting more comfortable with Haidan. She thought of the many books containing all types of stories, though she always seemed to love the eccentric stories containing adventure and exploration. She smiled and shrugged sheepishly. "I've read a lot of books but...I actually have always loved those fantasy adventure type of stories. You know, dungeons and exploration and saving the day things." She chuckled at her own answer, realizing how incredibly dumb she must've sounded. The wolf hybrid shrugged again, though she still kept that smile on her face. She liked being able to talk to someone and forget she was stuck in this facility.

Alondra watched Jamie silently, taking note of the intense thoughts that must be rushing through his mind. She was curious about what they did with him and why they let him go so quickly but was too nervous to ask. Aside from possibly making him uncomfortable she knew it wasn't really her business. Part of her still felt guilty for trying to intervene in the first place, thinking the escalation was her fault.

Looking off towards the room, lifting her eyes to the ceiling that was a heavy reminder of their captivity, she sighed deeply. "We need to get out of here Jamie." She spoke to him though her thoughts seem to be separated elsewhere at the same time. "It's not right, how they treat us like animals when we're..." she trailed off fora moment then looked back to face Jamie and meet his gaze. "...we're not just animals...right?" She wanted to believe it but part of her doubted their worth. The facility did a good job keeping many of the hybrids thinking they were less than humans, unequal, and thus downplaying the unethical treatment.

"Have you gone on any outside assignments before? I mean, something that would allow you to leave the facility for a short time?" she asked Jamie, brushing a strand of her hair from her face to see better.

When her gaze left the ceiling, Jamie eyes met hers. He lowered Velvet from his face. We're not animals just animals...right? The question sounded strange to him as if she were speaking to him in a foreign language. He overheard many talk about leaving the facility, making up plans of how they'd escape, yet never executing them out of fear of the consequences if they were to fail. But, despite being amongst the constant chatter, no one had ever asked him his thoughts on the matter, or involved him in their schemes even though he was aware that their ideas were sure to end in disaster. "Even if we were to escape, where would we go?" He asked, holding her gaze. "Some of us don't have the luxury to return to a home much less a family...." His grasp on Velvet tightened, glaring at the ground suddenly feeling very bitter. Not towards Alondra, but at the world.

He let out a sigh and raised his head to look at her, "I haven't been outside ever since I've entered the facility. To be honest, I don't even know if I would be able to function like a normal person I was ever released," he admitted softly. He removed one of his arms from Velvet and showed Alondra his hand, ignoring the scars and bruises, his hand was just like any normal hand. "I used to be human, but as you've noticed..." He proceeded to extend his talons and then clenched them into a fist. "I've become more of an animal and less of a human."

"Don't get me wrong," he returned his arm to its place around Velvet. "I hate this facility and the scientists with a passion, but I wouldn't leave at least not yet anyway...." His voice dropped to a whisper almost as if he was talking to himself. "Not as long as he has her..."

Haidan saw her shrug a few times and heard her chuckle. She enjoyed hearing laughter. It was a relaxing sound. "I like those too. The types of stories you allow yourself to get sucked into." She looked down at the book and smiled. Then turned back to Avina. She felt that she could finally, after all these years, have a friend. Being able to talk to someone and have even just a few moments of what would seem like a normal life and forget about being stuck in a facility and used as a science experiment.

At the mention of family, or the lack thereof, Alondra watched Jamie's face contort in his thought. There were so many hybrids that didn't have a home to go back home to, whether because of their family disowning them, not ever knowing their family, or their family being dead for one reason or another. Alondra hadn't seen her family for years but held on to the hope they were still alive back in Brazil. When they let her go they had dreams of her living a free and safe life as they could not offer her the protection they wanted. Her family had no idea she had been captured and she had no way to send them any notification of her current state. Alondra turned her eyes from Jamie's bitter face to the grip he had tightened around Velvet, the worn plush torn held with such an ardent desire for it's safety.

She had heard rumors of Jamie since her stay at the facility but she couldn't tell what was true and what was exaggerated. From what she did hear, his toy meant something special to him. Some hybrids told her he had loved another hybrid and, when the love didn't last, he had killed the hybrid and kept the toy as a keepsake of his obsessive and insane love. She would find this hard to believe if she hadn't seen him kill a hybrid today and still be around afterwards. But Jamie didn't seem like the kind of person to obsess over something like that. Another rumor she heard was Velvet was given to him by his family before he lost them, or something like that. If Velvet had something to do with family, it would make sense why he was so possessive and protective of the toy.

Alondra met Jamie's gaze as he continued, looking at his hand as he displayed it. Indeed, there were times where she felt more animal. But their digression from being human would be, if anything, from the unknown chemicals they were tested on. She wanted to ask him what sort of tests they did on him. He seemed to be one of the more valuable hybrids since, despite his dark reputation and actions today, he remains out of solitude and still alive. But before she could ask he kept talking, ending his sentence that sparked her interest.

Lifting her eyebrows, eyes brightening, she looked to Jamie with both concern and curiosity. "Who has her? Who is her??" She looked from Jamie's now far-away-in-thought face to his tightly hold toy, back to his eyes. "Jamie, what happened to you? Why do you carry that toy around like it's your life line?"

It was as if Velvet's weight increased tenfold in Jamie's arms. Her…! Her…! His heart clenched. He took a shuddering breath to calm his nerves. "Please don't…" His shoulders trembled, speaking in a quavering voice. His gaze fixed on Alondra's hard as if she just insulted him. "Please don't call her a toy she has a name you know!"

As quickly as he spoke, he pressed his lips into a thin line. Almost as if he realized how harsh he sounded, his gaze dropped to his feet, ashamed. "She prefers to be called Velvet, so please try to consider her feelings," He said, now speaking in an even tone as he secured his arms around Velvet's middle. "You see, she belonged to someone important that I lost a long time ago, so she is very precious to me." Although her name was on the tip of his tongue, he couldn't bring himself to say it. If he did, he wouldn't be able sleep tonight. Not that he would get that much sleep anyway. He looked back up at Alondra and frowned. "I know what you're thinking…" His eyebrows lowered with scrutiny. "I bet you think I killed the person that she belonged and took Velvet as a trophy."

Jamie laughed lightly. "To kill out of love sounds so passionate." He reached out and grasped Alondra's chin. He was only a few inches taller than her, but enough to look down at her. "But for what reason? Was she unfaithful? Did we fall out of love, so we ended in despair?" He whispered. "Perhaps I bit her neck and drank from her till her body went limp in my arms." He could smell that sweet scent from, licking his lips as he watched her expression. If he bit her, he was certain his fangs would sink into her soft white skin with ease, permanently blemishing it. He imagined her with puncture wounds on her neck, wondering what it would be like to have someone belong to him. I wonder if I could drink from someone without killing them he thought. Staring down at her, his eyebrows creased, suddenly feeling disgusted with himself. He scoffed as he withdrew from her. "Honestly, do you think I'm that petty? I've never fallen for someone that way."

He sighed. "I didn't kill her, but maybe I should've…at least then she would have some mercy. Anyway, why are you so concerned? You should really worry more about your own wellbeing."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikolai sat in the interview room, he'd been here before. The chairs were bolted to the floor and so was the table. On the table was a small tray of donuts, they were more or less for a pleasing aesthetic to the otherwise bare room. In front of him sat one of the many lab-coats that he had come to see every day. Today was his evaluation. The test to see if he was ready to meet other Hybrids. In the past he had been designated far too aggressive for contact with others, but today he had a plan. He was going to play it nice. If he played nice then he got less security, if they gave him less security and he did well it meant he would earn there trust. If he earned their trust them he could easily talk them into letting him go outside, at least thats what he thought.

"So how are we this week Nikolai?" The scientist asked calmly.

"I'm much better," Nikolai said forcing a slight smirk, "I've started reading again, this time its Romeo and Juliet. Its put in modern words so its much easier."

"That's good, are you learning anything from it?"

"Compassion, some stuff about the complexities of life." Nikolai bluffed, he hadnt actually read the book since he was very little. He was just trying not to seem like a the brute he was. The fact that they raised him for enhanced aggression then asked him to be social in order to interact with others seemed silly. He knew it was more about him learning to take other humans wishes to heart.

"That's very good." The lab coat said, he checked a few things on a clipboard and looked up at Nikolai with a smile, "I think you are ready to meet your fellow Hybrids."

Nikolai looked directly into the mans eyes and smiled broadly, this was the day he had been waiting for for so long. A chance to recruit if need be, or a chance to demolish anyone that would be his enemy.

"Thank you!" Nikolai said standing and reaching a hand across the table, "Thank you so much."

After a few hours the scientists had prepared his things and he was given some standard clothing. He was walked to the door of the Rec Room and got a stern talking to about making trouble. He nodded and confirmed that he understood before walking inside. The first thing he noticed was how small everyone was compared to him. He made no eye contact as his feet made significant thuds on the floor. He looked around at some of the people inside, lots of different types. A mix of different scents hit him as he walked in, very strange. He felt like a lost animal, trying to find a place to be. He could always start a fight but that would accomplish little, he decided to stand leaning against the wall and look on at the others.

Nicole felt conflicted. She knew she should sleep, but her back hurt bad from even trying to lay down. She began to pace around the tight fitting room. She wondered what was happening and what was going on. She could hear the fervent sounds of footsteps up and down the hall and then there was the alarm that went off as well. What were those morons doing and who started the fight? Suddenly, she heard the abrupt stopping of steps just outside her door and the click of a key. Light flooded in from the hall and she shielded her eyes, only to be accosted by a gruff voice.

"Lucky you hybrid. You got approved for a stay of lock-up, at least for now." Nicole was a little skeptical as she glared into the light. "A stay of punishment? Since when was that a thing?" The voice responded. "You want to stay here?" Nicole replied quickly. "NO!" With that, she stepped out into the hallway trying to let her eyes adjust as she was escorted to a room at the end of the hall where she got her clothes back. As they stepped out and let her get dressed, she wondered what was going on in the rec room.

Did they disband everyone to their rooms? Was it under guard considering the alarm from earlier? What exactly was going on? She opened the door where the guard greeted her. "What is going on?" The guard shrugged. "Beats me. I know nothing about your stay of punishment or why the alarm was sounded but it seemed it had to do with fighting in the rec room. Come on, we'll bring you back." She sighed as the guard led her back to the rec room and her fellow hybrids.

As the new comers entered, Haidan's eyes followed him. She stayed in her conversation with Avina. Right at that moment a bell rang. A group of guards walked into the recent room. "Alright maggots! Lunch time. Everyone file down the hallway to the lunch room. No funny business you you know what will happen." One guard said as he tapped his chest where everyone had the kill switch implanted.

Haidan looked at Avina and stood up to follow the crowd to the lunch room. She wondered what would be on the menu. Not that anything they served was very appatizing. But it was food none the less and she was hungry.

Rubin walked back to the hallway and saw Alondra conversing with Jamie. He chuckled and smirked. He remembered her from a few experiments. He was impressed on how she can hold off her own. Giving a sly grin to her behind Jamie, he continued walking towards the lunch room to watch over the hybrids while they eat. While he was taking a sip of alcohol, he leaned on the door frame and sighed. He wondered when will he reveal their first mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.