Hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Alondra Pillon
Race: Maned Wolf: indigenous to south, central-west and south-eastern Brazil
Born or Created: Born
Characteristics: Fair skinned, stands at 5"3 with a lithe yet muscular frame, weighing in at 125lbs. She has noticeably longer canine fangs. Along her spine runs the hair of her Wolf form, starting below her shoulder blades and following the spine right down to her tail bone. It is long but thin in width and height. Her fur line is very soft and a red-orange color flecked with black. The tip at her tail bone flicks free off her spine and flows about 2 inches, the free tip a soft blonde color. As long as she doesn't strip naked or wear form fitting shirts you cannot tell it is there. Alondra was always athletic but her speed, agility and quick reflexes developed to a level that surpassed normal human ability as she got older. Night vision came instantly for her and at the age of around 8 years old she learned how to shape shift in to her Maned Wolf form. Although she has the DNA of the Maned Wolf, she can also communicate with other types of wolves, as long as they are in the strict wolf family.

Personality: Rather shy when meeting new people but opens up after getting to know someone. She is kind and patient and full of curiosity. Sometimes her strong will and curiosity will lead her in to trouble. She has a strong desire to explore and hates being confined, especially since she is claustrophobic.
Biography: Alondra was born in Mato Grasso, Brazil, living with her two parents who worked hard at their humble jobs to provide for their small family. She grew up with a solid education, proper manners, and a true understanding of hard work and it's benefits, teaching her to be grateful and slow to complain. When Alondra was born the town was quick to make her the headline story. Some called her a sweet miracle, doctors called her a normal albino type of abnormality, others demanded her blood be tested for the animal DNA that was beginning to take over their nation with fear and panic, along with the rest of the world. Alondra's parents kept her safe from the half curious half outraged town. Their daughter was perfect to them. She stood out amongst the others because of her fair skin, bright blue eyes and striking orange hair. Some said she may grow out of the colors, a pigment that would be naturally lost in her development. But Alondra's parents would not take the chance and moved further away from the city to a small secluded village surrounded by many plains. It was a safe and quiet place to raise their unique and beautiful daughter. And it was there that they discovered her full abilities.

Mato Grosso is a rich community full of various culture influence by the Portuguese, the Native Americans, the once enslaved Africans, and even Europeans. But despite the overall eclectic demographic of the state, most people were of darker skin either by birth or by sun, and most definitely there were not many fair skinned, red haired, Irish-esque Brazilians; those were mostly the tourists if ever seen. So when a family of many generations gives birth to a daughter with such drastically different looks as Alondra it had causes questions. But Alondra's family could not hide forever. When Alondra was 18, the rules of the state had been changing at an escalating pace, and eventually rumors were told of soldiers going town to town to knock on people's doors for immediate mandated blood tests of all family members. Once Alondra's family found out they made plans to set Alondra free. If Alondra was found she would be taken for experimentation or killed instantly. They worked with a friend to get her on a boat towards lands with more freedom and better opportunities. But the boat was raided and Alondra was soon taken in to captivity at the facility and has resided there ever since.

Picture: manefox2.jpgmaned_wolf.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on where her cell is located, it could be possible that Nicole could've witnessed the scientist giving Jamie's sister the final shot. Or at least heard all the noise that occurred.

I think that, if you're fine with it, that she would know the scientist who did that to her sister. This way, it gives our characters some possible interaction somewhere along the line. Maybe lead on into rivalry or slight friendship as well.

Name: Shay Jameson
Race: Bat
Characteristics: He has black, wirey bat-like wings protruding from his back, small fangs, large, dark eyes and sharpened nails. He's very sensitive to light, has improved hearing and weak vision (he mainly uses echo location to see where he's going).
Personality: He tends to try to stay out of trouble though he is prone to snap at people when they get to loud. He's usually in a bad mood do to the scientists completely flipping his sleeping schedule for an experiment.
Biography: Shay never really knew his birth parents, he grew up being moved around between foster homes with his older sister. Eventually he was found by the facilty and taken away from her. He has never seen or heard from his sister since then. He's lived in the facility simce he was fifteen.
Picture:
faris-badwan-by-linda-brownlee

For Reference:
THE OCTAGON

MMA1.jpg

The Octagon is in a different building on the Facility. It is not connected to the Rec room, so the training area for fighting and this location are not one and the same. The training area is for fighting training, and sparring. The Octagon is for blood sport and combat.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Scarlett Blaire
Speciality: Geneticist - works in the lab to develop hybrid technology, but does not participate in the process
Lenient or Strict: Lenient
Personality: As one of the youngest scientists working on this project, she is often looked down on by others. However, she did not get to her position by chance. She's incredibly intelligent and enjoys using others preconceptions in her favor. She is not above hurting, or even killing, others to achieve her goals. She is sympathetic towards the hybrids, but not enough to jeopardize herself. She does not interact much with the hybrids, or anyone really. She has acquaintances among the scientists but stays to herself for the most part. She has a quick temper, but just as quickly suppresses it, leaving only cold calculation.
Biography: Scarlett lived in the foster system until the age of fourteen, when she was "adopted." She does not know or care who her biological parents are, only that they left her in the middle of nowhere next to a freeway. It was a miracle that a passing car managed to spot her before she died of exposure. Her many foster families didn't exactly help her trust issues. As a child, she loved to read, especially about science. When she was 14, a small explosion occurred behind the school where some local bullies hung out. Three were sent to the hospital with third degree burns and one died en route. There was no proof that she did it, but there were whispers that the bullies had tormented Clyde, her 13 year old foster brother who had committed suicide the week before. The government then sent her to a pair of foster parents who adopted her and gave her certain... projects to complete. When she graduated from college, she joined the hybrid program for reasons known only to her.
Picture:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 4
Tezzerakt,

A question for you. My character is obviously interested in fighting you, but I wanted to possibly run an idea by you. I want her to challenge you either after the fight or sometime a couple days afterwards. The fight wouldn't happen right away so you don't have to worry about that, but here's my little bit of an issue.

I do not want her to beat you...I want her to break your streak. I would like them to tie in the fight and therefore, break your undefeated streak by making you tie and make your stats 13-0-1 (or technically 14-0-1). Problem is that tigers are naturally faster than panthers so you have me at a disadvantage with fight experience and speed, so I was thinking of running the idea that she knows how to combat with her tail and use it to grip peoples wrists and such to trip or pull them.

That might give her an edge enough to create the tie. I was thinking this so we could possibly have a mild to moderate rivalry between us. Write back and tell me what you think. You don't have to..it's just an idea I have. I look forward to hearing from you either way.
Thanks.

Name: Avina Hunder
Race: Wolf
Characteristics: She is an agile young woman standing at 5'6" with the same stealth and litheness of a young wolf. Avina has fair skin and shoulder length brown hair that she prefers to have picked up. She has several small tattoos of different symbols throughout her body, one of which on her left shoulder, her favorite, a symbol of her heritage. She has a human form that would never give away any sign of her being a wolf, except at times of need she can lengthen her claws and fangs to defend herself. She can shift into full wolf when she wants, and when she does it is a beautiful white wolf with unnatural blue eyes, Avina's eyes. Her speed is almost that of lightning, and as a wolf, she has found to reach speeds to where she is just a blur, although she cant hold that speed for long. In the few fights she has been in, speed and agility have been the skills that have saved her hide.
Personality: Avina can be a quiet one to those she does not know, but always tries to be fairly kind to those around her. Once she is comfortable, she can be a bit silly even. She tries to keep the peace among everyone but silently resents those who keep her prisoner, as all she wishes is to be free once again one day. Avina hides the fact that she is still deeply hurting for the loss of her family. As a wolf, she can be a bit more brash. Her wolf side gives her a small temper that she tries to keep down, but every once in awhile she will snap very slightly.
Biography: Avina was born into a caring family that loved her dearly, but at the age of 5 the government tried to take her away. Avina and her family managed to escape and become invisible for the next 14 years of her life, never staying in one place for too long, even living in the wilderness for awhile to stay off the grid, her mother and father making sure to teach her important combat skills as best they could. But one day a few months ago, Avina got careless and wound up getting caught. As a result, her family was immediately caught and killed for hiding "government property" for so long. Now Avina is stuck in this facility with other hybrids, slowly trying not to lose hope of one day escaping.
Picture: Human form is my icon/profile pic.

Attachments

• be_free_by_wolfroad-d49qbx1.jpg
    be_free_by_wolfroad-d49qbx1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Tezzerakt
I think that, if you're fine with it, that she would know the scientist who did that to her sister. This way, it gives our characters some possible interaction somewhere along the line. Maybe lead on into rivalry or slight friendship as well.
Yeah, I mean he already knows who the scientist is, because the shot was given when he was in his cell with her, but I could see your character mentioning it to him or something.

question:

I'm thinking of possible punishments Nicole might get for breaking the rule of not sleeping in the rec room. This is technically her second offense and am trying to find a ideal punishment for her to do.

I thought of making her a punching doll for anyone who wanted to train with the limitation of not being able to block or fight back...or possibly being picked for experimentation but I would like other opinions.

@ChaosMage

She would be put in solitary as punishment, she's too good of a fighter to be a punching bag, or she'd be forced to hurt a different Hybrid in the Ring.

Just so you guys know, I'm going to be gone till Monday. I'll try to respond when I can, though.
~Kit

On the same note as Umikaze ^^^, I will be gone as well until Monday, but I will be replying on my phone more than likely, but my posts won't be as fancy. So, just to let everyone know that I will be posting still, but they won't be that pretty and it probably won't be that long. Thanks for understanding!​

at___batshit_crazy_doctor_by_animedumbass-d3hd7x2.png

Scientist/Guard Character Sheet:
Name:

Dr. Rubin Colwen
Specialty:
Doctor/Observer - Keeps the hybrids in check and sometimes has to participate in Hybrid tests to observe their abilities. He is also in charge of some punishment and tends them when injured.
Lenient or Strict:
Lenient but can be scary when he has to be serious.
Personality:
Just by the looks, he can be labeled as a terrifying, insane scientist that loves to torture it's patients. That's because of his appearance and white coat filled with blood (Which actually came from tending hurt hybrids). But actually, he's just a nice, happy go lucky guy who an addiction for alcohol and loves kids. Sometimes he puts on a stern face when he's on work but loves to converse when he is free. He can also be a bit mad but that is because of his past job. He still has that strict posture in him when he's angry. Dr. Rubin is also an intelligent person who knows the whole layout of the building, since he worked in several observatories.

He did have a favorite spot though...and it was the rooftop.
Biography:
Before he was promoted in this organization, he first worked as a doctor in one of the biggest asylums in the world. The we was title as the 'Mad Doctor' by the patients and co-workers alike. He was strict and did participate in many gruesome activities. But even he did all those horrifying activities, he did have a soft spot for a certain child. Before he witnessed her being tortured infront of his eyes. It tore his heart apart to her die like that. They knew each other for years and he tried to be a fatherly figure to her. And with that, he understood the pain experienced by these insane patients. And learned to be good at last.

2 years later he was promoted to work with them on hybrids. Accepting the offer, he decided to work as an observer and a medical doctor at the same time. He did turned out to be a nice man, but the appearance itself gave away that he was an insane doctor. Thus several hybrids were cautious of him, even though he didn't mean it.

Reactions: Blox
We should have our hybrids be chosen for some sort of mission.

Dr. Colwen could be the leader for the project? Perhaps they he gets in trouble with them and ends up being protected despite what he's done...then perhaps realizes he's on the wrong side...

just throwing ideas around >_>

What do you all think?

Nah Colwen regrets doing horrid stuff now and tried to control his inner insanity. He might just as well help them escape unless he tried to make reqests to them.

He can be one of the higher ranks though.

Reactions: Blox
CandidFox, you are accepted. The GM is currently out of state but will attempt to get on later.

Name: Tyson Blaine

Race: Wolverine

Characteristics: Usually he fully transforms into the wolverine, taking on the approximate size. When he's angry, though, his mouth will shift into a fanged horror, a monster's maw.

Personality: Very laid back and relaxed, fully committed to winning the guard's trust. He fully cooperates with all tests and experiments, making a show of drinking the kool-aid. It's hard to rile him up. His personality seems to be quite lazy, but he works out diligently and studies everything he can get his hands on, maintaining a body and mind that most others can only envy. He prefers to live and fight in his human form, only falling back on the wolverine when he needs it to survive.

Biography: Born in Montana and raised in Texas, Tyson is part Lakota, part Caucasian, and all mutt, giving him exotic features and skin. He claims to be related to infamous Lakota Crazy Horse, though there's no way of proving such a statement. He studied traditional Okinawan karate for ten years, placing at the world championships three times, and considers himself to be as dangerous a hand-to-hand fighter as any. He has a half sleeve on his right arm, a half-finished neoclassical japanese piece depicting a kitsune with four tails. When he discovered the legacy left him by the Lakota skinwalkers, Tyson kept it to himself. As a solitary predator by nature, he never particularly craved the attention of others, and was able to keep a low profile for most of his life, shifting shape on his uncle's ranch to run as he pleased.

He didn't get the attention of the goverment till a drunken bender in downtown Austin with his friends led to him transforming in front of everyone and their dog. Rather than be impressed, the twins promptly called the police, and Tyson's feet had barely touched the floor of the local drunk tank before government representatives had whisked him away. He's been in the facility for three years now.

Other: When not working out or studying, Tyson works on his art. He likes to draw with anything and everything he can get his hands on, and has been caught several times in possession of makeshift tattoo needles and inks.

Picture:

main-qimg-6df2d640e9288aa237e494bbffcff2c8
hayate___dead_or_alive_by_dahlieka.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.