Which General Idea Do You Like Better?

• The First One.

• The Second One.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg Yan, your siggy is adorable. xD

*reaches fur sum of dem ritos*
\^-^/ Thank you!! I'm quite proud of it!

deos dis meke yuo mi fren :00000

*pokes head in* Are you done accepting?

@Justaddnutts
I was planning on limiting the roleplay to only 4 people but if you want, you can still join! There's only one position left. And that'd be the youngest sibling.

If you already have to many thats fine! It just seemed like a great idea. :3 Have fun you guys!

@Justaddnutts
I wouldn't mind having another character. The spot's still available to you, if you want!

Reactions: Esmeray
Hey, hi! I feel like I've missed so much @_@

It's cool to make your acquaintance fellow role-players @Vio and @Eeveena. I look forward to being trapped in a house with you ^^

But about the ages, I think between 14-19 does fit. It's not too young and not too old, and there's also the choice of making fake twins as per "the voice's" order and setting a set age for both brother and sister. And about the cs if you want questions like "favorite food." You could do an interview type questionnaire like so:

1. What about you is heroic?
  2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
  3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group (the special reason they were picked to be a doll)?
  4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
Personal Questions
  1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
  2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
  3. What do you look like?
  4. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
  5. What's your real birth date?
  6. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
  7. What one word best describes you?
Likes & Dislikes Questions
  1. What hobbies do you have?
  2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
  3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
  4. What song is "your song?" Why?
  5. What annoys you more than anything else?
  6. What would be the perfect gift for you?
  7. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
  8. What time of day is your favorite?
  9. What kind of weather is your favorite?
  10. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
  11. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
  12. What's your favorite animal?
  13. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
  14. What habit that others have annoys you most?
  15. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
  16. What don't you like about yourself?
Miscellaneous Questions
  1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
  2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
  3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
  4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
  5. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
  6. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?
  7. What do you do when you are bored?
  8. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
You don't have to use evvvvvvery question, they're just examples. An example of answering the questions could be:

1. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
[BCOLOR=#993300]Al:[/BCOLOR] …I don’t think people like me…

[BCOLOR=#003366]Rise:[/BCOLOR] You’re just shy, Al! But of course, my beautiful self is loved by all.

What do you think, @Yandere-Chan?

I'm really interested in this... and I love Melanie Martinez, and I also love Pretty Little Liars and that's basically what the second idea sounded like so I'm really sure I want to join this, but yeah looks like I'm too late aha

Last edited by a moderator:
This idea was inspired from Melanie Martinez's Dollhouse.. and an episode of Criminal Minds.​
I have a very general idea for this roleplay, but the foundation basically several people were chosen to take part in the "Dollhouse Experiment". These people were kidnapped and awoke in separate rooms without any memory of their previous life or how they had gotten there in the first place. Upon examination, they find that their rooms are freakishly neat and pristine, and their appearance quite doll-esque. This is where this roleplay idea becomes a bit complicated because there are several routes to go after this...

First Idea-
These dolls were kidnapped at a very young age and have known nothing besides the sheltered environment of their life-sized dollhouse. All around teenage age, they've accepted their lives and are completely oblivious to the fact that they were all once kidnapped as young girls and brought to their dollhouse. I'm still unsure of where to go from here.. Either new dolls, both male and female this time, show up with their memory still fully intact or a group of high school students find their dollhouse and are mortified to find the kidnapped dolls.

Second Idea-
It's basically the same idea as the one above, except this time it's an amnesiac family. Of course, the family isn't actually related. Again, they were stalked, chosen because they were "special" and forced to live their plastic life. However, this time there's a voice, concealed but still there, that orders these dolls to follow through with their sick delusion.. Or else they might die. This family will be given certain character traits assigned by the voice that they must follow and if they break character whilst the voice is monitoring, they will be severely punished. This can also applied to a group of teenage dolls, rather than a family.

Subplot Ideas-
I like the idea of one of the dolls actually being the voice. If you are interested in having your character be this voice, message me privately. However, this isn't a first come, first serve position. If there are multiple interests, I will choose which doll I feel is most fitting for my position. However, keep in mind that this may include my character as well.

Okay! Now that we've got the plot ideas established, let's discuss what I'm looking for in my roleplay and in my fellow roleplayers!

General Rules-
  • I'm definitely a quality over quantity type of writer, however I would appreciate it if your posts were at least two, well written paragraphs.​
  • I get that this is a roleplay based on dolls, but it's also based on the facade of perfection.. Your character isn't going to be perfect, they're going to be forced to act like they're perfect. I don't want carbon copies of the same cliche characters either.
  • Romance is welcomed in this roleplay, however smut is not. Either take it to the PM's or fade to black.
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE try and stay as dedicated as you possibly can to this roleplay.If you cannot commit to posting at least once every 5 days then I encourage you to find another roleplay. I understand we all get busy but I am insistent on not letting this roleplay die and I hope you can be as committed as I am. If you don't post within a week, I'll have to murder your character and drop you from the roleplay.
  • Dolls can easily be replaced and they WILL be replaced. If you happen to drop out, and I hope you only join if you're confident in your ability to stay active, your doll will be killed and replaced by another.
  • It is extremely possible that your character will die. However, if your a doll those chances are significantly decreased if your character follows the schedule and the voice's orders.
  • There will be a limited amount of characters, as I want this roleplay to be small and manageable. The limit will vary on which idea we decide to go with.
  • Realistic face claims only, please.
  • I will probably add on to this later.

So, now you've heard the plot and what I'm expecting.. Again, this idea is flexible and I'm interested in the ideas that you might have to offer. If you need me to clarify anything, just ask and hopefully this idea gets enough attention to blossom into a beautifully crafted roleplay of which I'm excited to contribute to with anyone else who happens to be interested!
I freaking love that song and am interested in the whole concept.

Hey, hi! I feel like I've missed so much @_@

It's cool to make your acquaintance fellow role-players @Vio and @Eeveena. I look forward to being trapped in a house with you ^^

But about the ages, I think between 14-19 does fit. It's not too young and not too old, and there's also the choice of making fake twins as per "the voice's" order and setting a set age for both brother and sister. And about the cs if you want questions like "favorite food." You could do an interview type questionnaire like so:

1. What about you is heroic?
  2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
  3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group (the special reason they were picked to be a doll)?
  4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
Personal Questions
  1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
  2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
  3. What do you look like?
  4. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
  5. What's your real birth date?
  6. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
  7. What one word best describes you?
Likes & Dislikes Questions
  1. What hobbies do you have?
  2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
  3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
  4. What song is "your song?" Why?
  5. What annoys you more than anything else?
  6. What would be the perfect gift for you?
  7. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
  8. What time of day is your favorite?
  9. What kind of weather is your favorite?
  10. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
  11. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)
  12. What's your favorite animal?
  13. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
  14. What habit that others have annoys you most?
  15. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
  16. What don't you like about yourself?
Miscellaneous Questions
  1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
  2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
  3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
  4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?
  5. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
  6. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?
  7. What do you do when you are bored?
  8. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?
You don't have to use evvvvvvery question, they're just examples. An example of answering the questions could be:

1. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
[BCOLOR=#993300]Al:[/BCOLOR] …I don’t think people like me…

[BCOLOR=#003366]Rise:[/BCOLOR] You’re just shy, Al! But of course, my beautiful self is loved by all.

What do you think, @Yandere-Chan?
Well, nothing other than the completion of the family. ^^

Yeah, I like that idea! Perhaps 16 could be the set age for the twins? I think a possible idea could be the voice actually chose 16 year olds that were born on the same day, around the same time. And then the ages for the parents.. Maybe somewhere from 28-35 as their real ages. However, their real age would be different than their set ages. Or maybe their ages are a bit unrealistic for having children, and their ages are rather young. I don't think the voice would care much about the fundamentals of an actual family, so long as they looked youthful and perfect.

I like that cs! It would give the chance to get to know both the doll and the human, and how different they actually are. Yes, I agree that you won't have to answer every question but I think we should all at least answer 15 of the "Likes and Dislikes" and "Miscellaneous" questions.. The top questions will be required. How does that sound to you guys? @seeing the reflection @Vio @Eeveena

I'm really interested in this... and I love Melanie Martinez, and I also love Pretty Little Liars and that's basically what the second idea sounded like so I'm really sure I want to join this, but yeah looks like I'm too late aha
Well, not necessarily. You're welcome to make a 3rd child, if you'd like. Maybe the children could all be triplets, rather than twins.

Also, I don't watch Pretty Little Liars but I think I know what you're talking about.^^
@Zeroisdead @SourKiki
It makes me happy that so many people are interested! However, we wanted a maximum of 5 members.. I'm sorry, guys!

I'm glad I haven't missed much :D And, I love the idea of them being born at the same time on the same day! It would be soo creepy. I'm happy you like the questions, they're from the list I use whenever creating a character case it really does allow you to get to know them ^^

I think the idea of having to answer 15 questions isn't bad, and I'm fine with making the top questions mandatory.

@seeing the reflection
It's just a tiny detail that adds personality to the voice. ^^ I'm probably going to fill out all of the questionnaire, just so you guys know. On that note, I'll start my character after I finish a few posts in another roleplay, using Logan Lerman as my face claim. In the meantime, was their a specific date you wanted their birthday to be on or anything else to add?

I don't have a specific data or anything I think you should add, go wild! But if I had to choose a date how about: June 1st, 1997 at 11:11 PM? Or November 13th, 1997 at 12:01 AM? And Logan Lerman is just the cutest by the way :D I guess I'll start the questionnaire too.

Ooh, I think I like them being born at 11:11 pm so the first date! And thank you! \^_^/ His Perks of Being a Wallflower phase was so adorable!

I was wondering, have you chosen what's "special" about your character? I'm not sure about my reason (other than our characters being born on the same day).

First date it is then! I've watch Perks of Being a Wallflower, but never finished it. I suck I watching movies to the end -_-

I haven't chosen. And it's hard trying to select a reason once you start thinking about it @_@ But, uh, I guess it could be a range of things like:
being famous
winning a nobel peace prize
or any type of award really
being a prodigy
doing a heroic act that's put them in the spotlight
or taking the law into their own hands and being some famous vigilante
they could also be menace to society

@seeing the reflection
XD That's okay. I'd really recommend watching the ending though! And the book was great, too!

Something along the lines of that would work. I think I have an idea for my doll.. Anyway, we should probably come up with a family name! XD As you can tell, I'm not usually the one taking charge of roleplays and such.

How about the last name is Brough? It's pretty much rough but with a B at the front. xD

Also where are we making our character sheets? Is there a sign up thread?

Sure! Brough it is ^^

And for now, go ahead and post them here. I'll start creating the sign up thread and then post the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.