Hurt

Geo smirked as he saw Seamus with another piece of cheesecake. He was glad that the recipe had gone so well. Making cheesecake was a difficult task. The kitchen was a bit of a mess right then.

Seamus finished his second piece of cheesecake and walked over to Geo, patting him on the back. His facial expression said Good job, proud of you.

"Thanks," Geo beamed, wondering what his next goal food would be. Maybe a pie with homemade crust? Or some kind of casserole? He wasn't sure, yet.

Seamus went back to the corner he was in before, sharpening his knives and waiting until someone either needed a councilor, assistant, knife-thrower, or a big bang. Whichever came first.

Ryder ended up lost in his own thoughts, wondering how that day could have gone better. He mindlessly picked at his bandages, loosening them.

"Thank you guys " Dj walks over to the table where the cheesecake is and grabs a piece "is there any milk in the fridge? Dj walks over and opens it "oww shit" as he opens it a 2 litter bottle of soda lands right on his left foot . after figuring out there is no milk he takes a seat on the couch and thinks waiting for the day to brighten up.

Drustan taps Ryder's hand. "Stop picking at them. Stitch will open you up while you sleep and dig around just for the fun of it." He said, rubbing his own stomach as if he had that happen to him once. And for all anyone knew, he had. While everyone else knew almost everything about everyone else, Drustan and Stitch were pretty private people. Rumors flew around like that they were twins or lovers or twin lovers or science experiments or both POWs from "the war" but they really didn't talk about their past. When asked about any of the rumors, they'd agree that it was true, whatever it was, and play it up for a little bit. But, they liked their privacy and respected the privacy of others. Drustan liked to take on a sort of father figure role for everyone while Stitch played Doctor and mother at times. Drustan was the more 'caregiver-y' of the two of them though.

"It hurrrtttsss," Ryder whined, managing to unravel the first part of the bandages so that they loosened completely, "My ankle hurts, too. Will you get me ice, please? And maybe vodka, too."

"No, what I will do is send you back to Stitch to have her wrap your ribs back up." He said, standing. "You keep picking at them, I'll put you on bed rest for a week. Tie you to your bed if I have to." He would, too. He had done it before. He stressed good health and proper healing. Partially because it was important, partially because Stitch would have words with him if he didn't...

"Yeah but I got out of it last time," Ryder smirked, sticking his tongue out at Drustan, "And I can't go see her--my ankle is swollen and she said she'd punch me in the ribs if I took this bandage off."

"There is a consequence of every decision. You decided to take your bandages off so you'll get to learn the consequences. As for your ankle, what actually helps heal joints like that is moving them. Unless it's broken, but you walked in here, so get moving." He said. He didn't like being stern, but some situations warranted it.

"No," Ryder huffed, crossing his arms and wincing at the pressure on his ribs. He uncrossed them almost instantly, "You can't make me."

Ryder got rather grumpy when he was tired and wasn't feeling good. He had, in the past, thrown temper tantrums in such times.

"Suit yourself." He turned to face Stitch's office. "STITCH! YOU GOT A PATIENT OUT HERE!" He turned back to Ryder and folded his arms. "If you don't sit still for this, you're benched for two months."

Stitch groaned. "IT BETTER NOT BE RYDER!" She knew it was though. She sighed and rubbed her face, then got up and walked out. "Oh, look who it is...why am I really not surprised...why don't you ever listen??"

"I listen sometimes," Ryder grumbled before glaring at Drustan, "You can't do that! That's not fair. T-two months? You can't keep me out of the field for two months. I get bored if we go one day without a mission. That's practically torture."

"Then I suggest you keep your bandages on." He turned to Stitch. "This is why I don't want kids!"

Stitch snorted and tried desperately to not laugh. She put the back of her hand to her mouth, biting the insides of her cheeks. She shook her head and straightened her face. "Ryder, hun, I'll get you the bottle of vodka if you promise me you'll keep these bandages on this time...how's that?"

"Yeah. . . okay," Ryder mumbled, his lip in a small pout as his fingers fumbling around the the loose bandages, "Will you get me a blanket, too? I'm cold. And sleepy. And it smells weird in here. And Drustan is being a meanie pants to me and it's not fair."

She smirked. "Aw, is it your nap time?" She knelt in front of him and started tightening the bandages up again. "How about I bring you booze and you walk your skinny little butt up to your room on your own and you start sleeping off the pain, huh?"

"I don't wanna go upstairs," Ryder sniffled, rubbing his eyes, "My ankle hurts and I'll probably fall and just get hurt worse. Pwwweeeeaaassseee, Stitch? Can't I just stay here? And s'not my nap time. I don't take naps. I'm an adult."

"Oh, yes, you're absolutely an adult. Crying to get your way." She shook her head and tied off the bandages. "Fine, but I'm not getting you anything else." She stood up. "Hey, Drustan, apparently he's too hurt to get himself to bed!"

"Aww, that's terrible! I was about to send him out on another mission!" He walked back in. It was a lie. He was trying to catch Ryder just whining to get his way.

"Another mission?" Ryder practically jumped off of the couch, trying to steady himself but falling to the ground with a pained groan, "You guys are very mean. I don't know why I talk to you at all. Meanies."