Hurricane Hearts, ( Angelkitten and Desaecula )

"Better than you can imagine." he leaned closer. " he is goign to pay me a commission to be apart of ongoing research. triple digits ona weekly basis."

Salazar cae down quickly and handed an envelope to marcus. " Your first week in advance. now. who wants prime rib?" he said, lookign at the cafeteria menu.

"prime rib?" marcus asked.

"Upscale joint, upscale food...my treat of course." he laughed, staring at marcus' sister. straight into her eyes.

"Hey wait a minute." She said not feely comfy with all this research. "What do you mean ongoing research." The look in her eyes gave her the chills but she smiled at him she had to be nice he helped her brother when no one would. "I'm a bit of a vegetarien can I have something different pleaes?" She asked quickly.

"Anything you want." he siad simply. " Ongoing research mean jsut what it says. the treatment has worked, now we need to sustain these results. Marcus is barely starting his life. I want to make surethat I'M laid out int he morgue before him." he said simply. Marcus simply shrugged at his sister.

"Well I appreciate you helping my brother." She said smiling and then ordering what she wanted from the menu. Even though he explained this to her she still wasn't that sure he should do this something didn't feel right. At least he was ok for now.

the stoerm hit fifteen minutes later, shaking the walls and the emergency power was emmediately turned on. the lgiths flickered, then turned red, then back to normal. Salazar ate his food and said he 'must be going.' another cop out he used frequently.

"Your right... he IS kinda creepy..." he chuckled.

"Thank you for the food." She said and continued to eat what she was eating on her plate. "I don't like this storm." She said watching the lights flicker then turn from red to normal. Maybe they could watch television in his room for something to do later. If she had nothing to do she was going to go insane. The wind and rain she could hear and it made her nervous.

meanwhile in the basement. the power was off for but a split second. but that was mroe than enough for things to go haywire in the holding cell below the sub-basement. the guard lay dead, missing his head and the camera man stared in horror as a tall, lanky skeletal figure of a man sucked the blood from it, standing not four feet from him.

"Vat... is JOUR blood type?" he asked, walkign slowly forward. nobody would hear the mans screams.

"Do you want to go back in your room and see if there are any good television shows on?" She doubted since the storm but hey you never know at least it would keep them busy. The last few bites on her plate was put in her mouth as she got up and put the dishes away in the garbage. She was so happy that her boss was giving her two weeks off with pay even though they would have to close down and send everyone away. This storm was a mean one.

"Might as well." He said. there was a scream fromt eh hallway as they entered it. Seconds later, a woman in F.B.I. Garb ran out of a door to teh basement not forty feet from them. she was covered in blood.

"SOMEONE HELP!" she scried, collapsing on the floor, looking madly. she saw Marcus and he ran up to her, kneeling.

"shh.. stop, whats wrong, what the devil happened to you, why so much bloo..." he paused as his vision turned red and the smell of blood wickedly permeated his senses. his eyes. something happened to his eyes. that woman saw somethign in his eyes and pulled her gun, takgin a leapign step back.

"you get the hell away from me!" the woman said, backgin up to the open door. a tall figure wafted itno existance, as if made of shadows and POOF. with one more bloods scream, the woman was pulled intot eh darkness of the basement. Marcus bit his lower lip and grabbed his sister, runngin with all his strength.. more than hsi sister woudl have thought possible-possibel for a HEALTHY human that is, and he didn't stop till they hit his room, plopping down ont eh couch and runnign his fingers through his hands. the wind beated at the metal panel harshly.

Marcus was speechless.

When the door downstairs opened and the girl screamed she jumped what was going on. She followed her brother when he ran over to the girl and could not believe the blood on her. "Stop it." She screamed after seeing the gun drawn she had not seen what happened to her brother's eyes but did not want him getting shot. When he pulled her she had no time to react she wanted to go see what happened to that girl butt she knew she shouldn't. They got into the room and then she shut the door behined her. "What the hell just happened? Should I go call security?" She asked leaning against the door letting her body collapse in a pile of heaves trying to catch her breath from running.

"ooooooooooooo ho ho... my god." marcus said, regainign his composure..." that..w oudl have made an awesome videogame moment.. but... shit, what the hell just happpened.. Sis... did we just see a monster?" he asked her, oblivious to her question.

"I don't know what we just saw. We should go call the security officer come on." She was shaking and she was very scared the look on that woman's face before she was taken somewhere. Out of the hallway and why did she draw a gun at her borther for now reason?

"NO... sis, wait... we can't start a mass panick in a LOCKED DOWN facility!" he yelled at her, coughing a few times, but recovering quickly.

"But at least the security guard will know about this then Hey are you ok?" She looked at him wondering why he was coughing he coughed when he was sick but now?

her questions were already answered. Salazar was holding his arm, like it was broken and blood was drippign down that same arm. he was yelling witht he nurses station people fervently, and talking with security police. he yelled at them like a demona nd gave orders like a general. everyone listened when he spoke, and then he sat down across the hall on a bench as a nurse stitched him up. his only sedation a bottle of tequila he produced from somewhere.

Even through the door she could hear Salazar yelling and telling them what to do. "Looks like someone has already the security guards. What are we going to do?" She did not think she could lock the door from inside but that would be the best at least they would be safe. "Why did the girl pull a gun on you?" She asked looking towards her brother wanting some answers from him and about what happened.

"hell if i know, she looked straight at me and then BOOM went fucking nuts!" he said back. salazar let out a wail as the nurse picked somethign out of the wound in his arm. it looked like a tooth.. or maybe a piece of bone.

When the man screamed she opened the door to see what was going on she didn't want to but she looked anyway. "Can I please ask what's going on?" She looked from the nurse and then back to Salazar waiting for an answer.