Hunting the Healer

Tamsin only shrugged in response to this, and once again offering a perfectly honest answer, "You've done nothing to lose my trust, so you have it." Perhaps that was a dangerous way to live, but it seemed backward to Tamsin, to only trust a select few, when those others never got a look in, merely for not being a close friend. "Do you know where to go?" Tamsin then proceeded to ask, seeing as she had no idea if there were any particularly safe or dangerous locations. In truth, she had no idea what she was doing here, which was perhaps quite obvious, given her still quite optimistic demeanour.

He shook his head in response to her question. "Away from here first and foremost. They'll look here first... Then the closest cities and try to box you... Us in." Silas replied with a nod as he looked to her. He at least knew the plan for the enemy. A sigh escaped his lips while he moved a step nearer to her. "We'll have to go to small towns, stay low, use your powers as little as possible, show our faces as little as possible." His voice was sober, almost remorseful in nature.

She supposed that what he said made alot of sense, and so Tamsin nodded along with him. "Okay. Do you have a car or anything? Money? I've got a little, but I'm afraid it's probably not over fifty - if that." Tamsin had only the clothes on her back, which she usually managed to 'wash' every couple of days or so. It wasn't exactly hygenic, but she didn't see the point in lugging around spares, when this system seemed to have worked well for her so far. Thankfully, she'd only acquired these particular garments a week or so ago, and so they were still relatively fresh. "I'm sorry I'm of so little help, if I don't prove myself worth anything soon, please don't hesitate to go your own way." And she meant it. It was obvious that Silas would bring far more to the partnership, and Tamsin had never liked to hold others back.

Checking his pockets he pulled out his wallet. "I have some money... Enough for maybe a week if we're frugal... No car though..." He replied nodding to her. At her words of leaving her behind he looked rather concerned. Shaking his head against the idea he offered her a small nod. "We need to find a bus out of the city, from there... We'll think of something." He patted her shoulder, feeling it was time for him to comfort her. He began passed her, looking for a bus station of some form.

"Frugal is my middle name." Tamsin smiled, feeling that she would be well placed to help with the care of what little money they had between them. What they would do when it ran out, she still had no idea - but they would work it out. There was always cash in hand work somewhere, it just depended on how low you were prepared to stoop.

But moving away from that, the red headed young woman was sort of taken aback by the fact that this newfound friend of hers had made such an attempt to comfort her, even if it was a little awkward. He was a good man, despite being trained to kill for no reason other than an accident of birth. Now, about that bus. "I know one near here." Lots of the homeless liked to hang around there, as plenty of people came out with lots of change - and discarded food they no longer wanted. So she made a beeline for it. It was only ten or fifteen minutes away, so it was hardly a trek.

Silas offered her a nod as she began to walk, staying just to her side as he kept his eyes searching. Worried that he may have been followed to see if he would go through with it. He stayed near, remaining silent. Too many things were on his mind as he tried to understand what all they were going to do.

There was no point in denying it, Tamsin was petrified of the journey they were about to embark upon. It was a massive undertaking, and it was unfortunately inevitable that these fears would not be unfounded. Even so, they seemed to make it to the bus station unscathed, though how long this trend would continue was uncertain, "Where would they least expect you to go?" Tamsin was thinking that just getting on a bus and going as far as it would take them was probably a good idea, but if there was a particular place that might give them time to breathe would be much better.