Hunting For That One: Phi Chisym & Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.
He nodded. "Yes and yes. This isn't the forest you were in at the party. I'll have some difficulty locating somewhere to keep you safe, though."

Alicia suddenly was alarmed, "What do you mean....someplace to keep me safe? I can't go anywhere! I've got classes, and school events... oh geez, my parents!"
Regretting following Taffeda and Kai, Alicia was starting to panic that her entire world just took a wrong turn down some psychopath's fantasy, and she had to deal with it all accompanied by a reaper. Suddenly, all the blood drained from her face and her body fell limp to the ground. The chemical was beginning to take effect.

He knelt by her, then quickly retrieved a few more herbs, grinding them into a powder. "Swallow this if you still can," he instructed, tilting the powder into her mouth. "You can't return to the classes, that would be an amateurs mistake. You might as well get a huge neon sign that says 'Hey everyone, I'm right here!' They would have you in a heartbeat. As of the moment you were captured, you're as dead as everyone else at the Fusion plant."

The powder was slightly moist and tasted a bit like her Aunt Norma's herbal salad with a hint of dirt, but Alicia was able to take some of it in regardless of the flavor. Coughing against the nausea trying to take over, and the roller-coaster ride trilling her senses about, she closed her eyes and rested. Soon, the swirling sensation and growing fever began to subside for the moment. The chemical still roamed through her veins, but the effects it was attempting to awaken was held back thanks to the medicine Shadow administered.

After a while of just laying there she began to feel the effects of the medicine more and more. Alicia rolled to her back and stared through the trees up into the stars. She recalled what Shadow had said about returning to her life and felt scared about what was going to happen to her. "What am I to do now?" she asked, tilting her head towards the Reaper. "Are you here to keep me alive until I'm cured, or to take my soul when I do finally die from this... stuff?"

He shook his head. "You aren't meant to die of this. Otherwise, I would have already claimed you." He leaned back against a tree, looking into the fire. "As for what happens to you, we still need to figure that out. We don't exactly have a witness protection program; your situation isn't very common. That's why you don't hear people talking about us too often."

Taking her time to sit up, Alicia sighed, ''Maybe I'll be okay going back home. I doubt those people know me. I just met them tonight. Besides, they're probably running away thinking I've gone to the cops...'' She was probably pulling empty strings, but if there was any way she can return to her regular routine with no worries about strangers trying to gas her again, then she'll stretch for them until she finds it.

He shook his head. "They were the ones who organized the party, they knew exactly who was invited. And as for the cops, you honestly think that they're afraid of them? They've been doing this for years. They have the police in their pocket. Trust me, I've thought it through. In the eyes of humanity, you exist as much as I do now."

''That's it then? I go to one party with a trusted friend, and my entire ,life is suddenly erased from the surface of the earth?'' Sitting up fat too quickly in her retort, Alicia's head took charge to remind her that she was still under the influence of the gas. She held her head against another dizzy spell, wishing she didn't feel like that.

''Why me? What in the world do they want with me?

He raised an eyebrow. "Did you not notice that, unlike you, your friends are no longer present? There was a reason I took as long as I did to show up. As for what they want with you, you bonded with the gas. The others obviously didn't."

Again, with the feeling of doom still itching away in her mind, and the sensation of peace washing over her, Alicia began to doze off where she sat. "I...I guess I don't exist them...," she mumbled as she just gave us on questioning Shadow, or trying to figure out a solution to something she obviously was clueless about. She was tired, weak from just everything, and just seriously wanting to sleep. She slowly removed her blue jean jacket and balled it up in her hands.

"I'm tired. Things will be...better in the morning...," she yawned and slid from the tree, laying down on her side and tucking her make-shift pillow under her head. Even though the night's breeze still tickled her exposed arms and legs, the fire kept her slightly warm enough to feel comfortable. "Thanks...Shadow...," she mumbled under her breath before she fell sound asleep.

"No problem," he said, watching her as she dozed off. After she fell asleep, he vanished, his form dispersing into the shadows. He used them to extend his senses throughout the forest, making sure all was well.

Brigs was not happy that his men lost the girl - the only specimen that accepted the chemical. He knew the effects were going to soon take over her; it will all be useless if she's not present for him to monitor her progress - to make sure everything happens exactly. Manipulating the mind and body is a delicate and tedious game to play. If he was going to be successful with his plans to make Adecca happy, he'll have to find her now before all hell breaks loose.

"Find her! I don't care what you have to do... Someone helped her, you say? Then, track them both! To find one, you might have to find the other!"

The cool morning breeze woke Alicia up from her deep sleep. She found the fire had died, and Shadow was no longer there. Sitting up, she wasn't sure if she had just drank too much garbage can punch and hallucinated last night's fiasco, or just had a majorly vivid dream. All in all, when she carefully stood up to put her jacket on, rubbing her eyes and looking around, she knew some part of last night was real. She had no clue where she was.

She began to walk around the little camp area, searching around for some sign of civilization. "Shadow?" she called, almost laughing at herself thinking she was just calling out to a figure from a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.