Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recette's face fell as Muyomi laid out her ramblings, but she had little to offer. Instead, as Kyoko led Muyomi off, Recette followed along, her head still a bit abuzz. Going along, she concurred, "Yeah, that sounds good..."

With the meeting behind the girls, Muyomi's steps felt lighter. Although her personality has always been rather subdued, there was a sense of calm about her. She still followed by Kyoko's side when they were outside, but as soon as the got home it seemed like she was fully ready to get to sleep. The inherent downside to Muyomi's room was that it clearly wasn't designed with visitors in mind. Muyomi's bed was only designed for one person at a time, which didn't seem to bother the twins, but it most certainly would not hold three without someone getting knocked off at some point in the night.

As the conversation about where everyone is to sleep begins, Kyoko excuses herself, "I want to go outside." Without further explanation Kyoko casually strolls out the door, leaving Muyomi and Recette to their own devices. Muyomi watches Kyoko carefully as she leaves.

Sitting on her knees, head still trying to work through their current dilemma, Recette's eyes followed Kyoko out of the door as she left the two alone.

Staring after her for a moment, Recette had a shade of worry on her face as she turned to Muyomi, asking, "Uh...do you think something's up?"

Muyomi answers carefully, "I don't think worry is quite the right word. I trust Kyoko to get through this on her own, its just... I think Kyoko has a lot to think about right now. I mean, I've never seen her so quiet as when you had that discussion with our parents. Surely there is something on her mind. And also, I don't know if you've noticed, but Kyoko isn't very good at asking for help when she needs emotional support. In fact, that is generally when she wanders off on her own." Confessing, "I'd go out there, but I have something of a strong intuition telling me that it's not supposed to be me."

Starting to understand, Recette stood. Once her stance was steady, she nodded to Muyomi. "Then...I'll be right back." Heading for the door, she turned back to Muyomi, finishing, "Thank you," before heading out of the door, somewhat apprehensive.

Taking a few steps outside, she called, "Kyoko?"

Kyoko already doesn't seem anywhere near Muyomi's room, though she still remains within sight, both due to her neon colored clothing, and the long sight lines provided by the island. Kyoko herself is sitting on a bench, atop a circular platform overlooking the ocean. The ocean rocked against this platform, often shooting up little droplets of salt water into the air, reflecting the moonlight. Despite the fact that for most people, Kyoko would be out of earshot, Kyoko's exceptional hearing allowed her to hear Recette as she called out. Kyoko doesn't make a move to go after her, but turns to look at her for a moment before turning back to look at the ocean.

Mind abuzz with possibility, Recette actively avoided hesitation, walking over firmly. Reaching the spot by the sea, Recette carefully took a seat next to Kyoko. And so she sat, joining Kyoko in silence for a good few moments, taking in the salty spray.

Finally, Recette began, "Kyoko...is there something in particular you want to talk about?"

Kyoko smiles wistfully while looking out on the horizon, "Recette. I'm just thinking, about a lot of things. A lot happened today. I mean, a lot happens every day, but today was really really really happening. Like, there are some sorts of happenings which happen and you are ready, but I wasn't ready for these. I don't even usually think about ready or not ready, but today I did." Kyoko kicks up her feet, "I felt a lot of things I never felt before. I don't understand it all, but I know it's important."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Recette smiled. "Is that what it is. I guess it's my fault." Wrapping her arms around her knees, she said, "But that's fine, right? I mean, not about me, but...being not ready. I mean, I certainly wasn't ready for you." Giggling, she concluded, "But as you're as you're ready to not be ready for everything, I think that's fine."

Kyoko looks towards Recette with admiration, "I'm glad that you wanted to talk to my parents. During the exam, I couldn't understand why you said the things you did about them, but now, I think I understand a little bit. Your parents, there was something important to them that they gave you, that my parents never gave me because the way they loved us was different. When I decided that I wanted to pass the Hunter Exam, and live the rest of my life with my sister, I made that choice without knowing you, or Angel, or Helen, or anything really. Since it was all simple, it was really easy. I was more than powerful enough to do anything I wanted to do. But, once you meet new people, you start finding yourself wanting different things. Like, until I met you, I never thought about what other people wanted."

Kyoko lays against Recette's chest, "And now, I think I understand what my parents wanted for me. They wanted me to be able to make a choice without worrying about what anyone else wanted and they wanted me to be powerful enough to take it all by myself. But. I don't know how to make a choice without thinking about you. Even if I could, I don't want to."

Letting Kyoko in, Recette gingerly wrapped an arm around her, leaning back a bit to accommodate. Processing, she responded, "That's..."

Going quiet, she looked away, expression forlorn. Looking aside, she said, "I...I was always hoping you'd be there when I got started with my business. I wasn't sure what either of us would be doing for sure...and I'm still not." Grip loosening, she asked, "Are...you sure you still want to rely on me? To help you choose?"

Kyoko moves upwards, sliding her forehead across Recette's shoulder, up her neck, to her cheek, then looks her right in the eyes. At the end of the motion, Kyoko is sitting atop Recette's lap, only a few inches separated from Recette's face. "Recette, I'm always going to want to rely on you. Not for everything, but..." Kyoko stops talking entirely, caught up in the moment. Kyoko makes the slightest motion forward, all senses trying to gauge if this would be the right time.

Pulled back to Kyoko's eyes, Recette met them fully, close enough to see bits of stars reflected from above. Instinct had Recette wanting to glance aside, but though her eyes shook with apprehension, she replied, "Then...it's fine."

Unable to contain herself any longer, Kyoko closes the remaining distance, planting a kiss. Unlike the previous one, Kyoko's heart was beating quickly, and she didn't feel like she was fully in control of the moment. There was uncertainty, the kiss starts like it doesn't know if it is correct, but then intensifies as she starts to feel committed to it. Ultimately, it ends up being a simple kiss, lacking in passion, but Kyoko had certainly made the statement.

Feeling Kyoko's lips against hers, Recette had a sharp intake of breath, but she did not pull away. Nor did she go forwards: their was a stiff acceptance in the simple kiss. After perhaps a moment too long, Recette pulled away, looking at Kyoko a bit starstruck. Though she was no doubt blushing in the darkness, she didn't commit herself to any strong movement or words, simply remaining silent.

Kyoko looks all over for some sort of sign of how Recette was feeling right now, but all that could be found was radio silence. Kyoko doesn't become anxious, instead, she just closes her eyes, leaning her forehead against Recette's. Kyoko mirrored Recette's silence. However, her heart rate calmed. Kyoko remains this way until Recette was ready for something to happen.

Acceptance.

Neither Recette's breath or heart had settled, and her mind still spun, but she made no move to get away from Kyoko or get Kyoko away from her, leaning into her slightly. Though there was a layer of confusion within, and a layer of embarrassment on her face, she closed her eyes and joined Kyoko more deeply in their silence.

The silence continued for quite some time, seeming to continue for much longer than it did in actuality. However, as time passed, the smile on Kyoko's face grew slowly, until eventually it hit critical mass and stuck there even as she went to sleep. No longer able to position herself, her forehead slides downward toward's Recette's opposite shoulder, but she had, for the most part, remained planted on Recette's lap. It was now around 3 in the morning.

A bit trapped, Recette, starting to doze off, didn't quite have the energy to get up and take Kyoko with her. Instead, she relented, laying backwards. As she leaned back on the bench, she somehow managed to find a comfortable position, the breaking waves becoming mere background noise. Not having had a true rest in the past few days, she managed to pass into a complete, deep sleep at last.

The next morning, the two girls find themselves safe and warm in Muyomi's bed. However, since the girls had stayed up so late, it would be impossible to tell what Muyomi had done in the meanwhile. Kyoko simply wakes up to find her sister at her computer. She seems hard at work on her computer. While most of the windows seem to be filled with cryptic code, a few recognizable social media sites are among the active windows. Kyoko finds herself surprised to be up before Recette. Kyoko had a pleasant expression waking up next to her. Technically she had done this once before back at the hotel, but it held a different meaning this time around. Kyoko spends a few moments just enjoying the sights and smells, a good diversion as the rest of her body wakes up, then sneaks out of bed as to not disturb Recette. Naturally, she wouldn't think to leave without Recette, so in the meantime, she spends time in the bowl chair talking over various matters with her sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.