Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recette collapsed sideways onto the bed, letting out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god I thought I still had some convincing to do..." Rolling over, lying a short distance away from the bed next to Muyomi, Recette flailed her limbs, making more room for herself on the bed, grumbling, "Yoooou twins are so much trouble, jeez! Jeeeez!" Recette calmed down, lying down properly.

Thinking for a second, Recette explained, "Well, I don't think I'd be happy if you stayed here. I don't think you, me, or Kyoko would. It's a lose-lose-lose."

Coming to a realization, Recette grabbed Muyomi by the hand, before sitting up. She grinned, suggesting, "Wanna surprise Kyoko?"

Muyomi gets taken in by the positive current of emotions swirling about, looking first at Recette's hand, she slowly looks up to Recette herself with a sense of curiosity about her. Equal parts energetic and collected, "Did you have something in mind?"

Recette grinned for a moment, though a shade of unease came up for a second. She then insisted, "Well, Kyoko would never expect you to show up outside, right? So that's when we get her!"

Turning away though, she admitted, "Although she miiiiight...kill us."

Recette grinned for a moment, though a shade of unease came up for a second. She then insisted, "Well, Kyoko would never expect you to show up outside, right? So that's when we get her!"

Turning away though, she admitted, "Although she miiiiight...kill us."
Muyomi turns away, with an inconsistency to her voice, "Recette... As much as that is an... idea... perhaps we could simply wait here." Muyomi sighs, "Honestly, I'm not even convinced that we could surprise her. You saw how acute her senses are during the hunter exam. Sometimes it feels like she might detect your presence just by thinking too hard." Muyomi starts to blush, seemingy out of nowhere. Letting go of Recette's hand, Muyomi hides her face.

Recette was about to retort, but she paused as she noted Muyomi's expression. Not sure how to handle it, she suggested, "Then...let's just go meet her." Slightly pouty, she admitted, "I just want an excuse to get you outside...it'd probably do you some good."

Muyomi shakes her head vigorously. "I'm not going without Kyoko."

Recette frowned. "I don't want to force you...okay, that's a lie. I want to force you. But I'm not going too!"

Letting out a sigh, she said, "You'll have to go out alone eventually...but if going out with Kyoko is the first step to getting that point, I guess that's fine." Recette's posture became a bit slack in her mild disappointment. She did mumble, "But going to see Kyoko is like going out with Kyoko..."

Muyomi pouts, "But, I can't hold her from all the way over here."

"But you'd get to hold on to her faster if you met her while she was on her way here."

Muyomi pouts, "Even so..." Muyomi's eyes dart about bashfully. Clearly there was no reason that she would hesitate, minus the obvious, so she simply clings to her bed. Continuing her comment after a long pause, "I think patience is a virtue."

Recette nods. "I think that's generally accepted, but..."

Recette held her tongue, before plopping her head back down. She opened her mouth a few times, but nothing came out, until she finally groaned, "Everything I want to say just feels like forcing or guilt tripping you to do something you obviously don't wanna! But I want to get you outside since it's only going to get easier once you do go outside!" Propping herself up on one elbow, she look another look at the door, when her holding slipped. As her weight shifted, she began a rather slow fall towards the ground, her attempts to keep herself from falling by holding onto the bed merely slowing her decent, until she resigned herself to her fate, flopping to the floor lightly in defeat.

Although Muyomi was situated quite centered in the bed, she happened to have her feet tangled up in the bottom sheet, so as Recette came down with the covers, she slowly dragged Muyomi with her. However, while Recette landed face-down, Muyomi landed feet first right between Recette's legs. The rest of her came down right on top of Recette. Muyomi doesn't quite understand what is happening at the time, so she braces herself to fall, catching herself just soon enough to harmlessly bonk heads with Recette. And, with almost comedic timing, Kyoko arrives.

Kyoko walks in the door chiming, "Onee-chan, Recette, I think the parents are ready to see you."

Muyomi's head having knock her own forwards into the ground, Recette's thoughts recombobulated just as she became aware of Kyoko's return.

"K-Kyoko!" She stammered, but it was already too late. She felt Muyomi's weight pressed down on top of her, and the blanket that fell along with them threatened to entangle Recette further if she moved.

"Uhhh, um, uhh...g-give me a minute," Recette muttered, blushing slightly, though not really in a position to move.

Kyoko looked over both her sister and Recette curiously asking, "Are you two playing a game?"

Muyomi, after collecting herself, also blushes, but recovers herself quickly. Although she merely wiggles around a bit at first, she soon gets her feet uncaught and promptly rolls over on her back. Sighing Muyomi replies, "I wouldn't call it a game. It is more like, we wanted to surprise you, but succeeded in ways we never intended."

Freed, Recette slipped to her knees, standing up and brushing herself off. Clearing her throat, she looked to Muyomi, offering, "M-my bad..."

I thought they weren't going to see me until tomorrow though... Recette pondered. Looking herself over, she said, "Well, unless my suit got cleaned, I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Muyomi accepts Recette's hand, helping herself up, reading Recette's expression, Muyomi reacts oddly. Tapping her head for a moment with her eyes closed, Muyomi comes up with a realization, "Oh, Recette, since Kyoko smuggled you in here by pretending you were her girlfriend, I think you'll need to play the part when we go to meet the parents. I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to worry about me. Just do whatever you need to do to sell the idea."

Kyoko looks confused by this, "Onee-chan, I don't understand. Why would Recette be worried about that?"

Muyomi pats her sister on the head, "Don't worry about it Kyoko. It is just that people like Recette tend to be monogamous. What this means is that they believe in having only one romantic partner at a time. So since me and you are already a couple, she might feel like she was stealing you away from me."

Kyoko doesn't seem to totally understand, so she turns to Recette, looking expectantly for some sort of answer.

Kyoko's gaze firmly set on her, Recette could only add, "I-I thought she explained it well enough..." Adjusting her footing, she went from Muyomi to Kyoko's side, raising a hand awkwardly, before taking Kyoko's hand.

Glancing to the door, Recette looked back to Muyomi, before asking, "A-are you coming? Or..."

Muyomi glances downward. "Well, I don't have any particular reason to go. I'm not particularly fond of my parents, and well... I wouldn't mind coming if you wanted me around, but I also wouldn't feel particularly hurt if it were better just to stay here. Since my feelings are so indecisive, it would make things easier on me if we based it on your feelings. Would it be better with or without me?"

"It would be better with you, obviously!" Recette stated plainly. She didn't let go of Kyoko's hand, but she did turn her body more towards Muyomi as she continued, "You know your parents more than I do, so of course I'm going to say I want you to come with me. But if you don't want to, like I said, I'm not going to force you..."

Muyomi gives a somewhat bashful smile, while Kyoko simply grabs each of them by the hand. "It isn't a good idea to keep them waiting. Besides, I've wanted to show off Recette for a while now." Kyoko leans in and kisses Recette on the cheek before lugging both Muyomi and Recette along with her, ready or not. In this case, both were most certainly unready, as they were still in their sleepwear.

Moving along the familiar path they used to arrive here, Kyoko leads both the girls to the more industrial area filled with large, intimidating, and plain buildings. Muyomi wasn't understating her fear of the outside. Now that she had left her room, she was clinging desperately to Kyoko's arm. The poor girl looked like she could barely stand up she was so frightened. Soon the girls enter one of the buildings from a lower level. When they arrive, they find themselves in a giant empty room filled with all sorts of white tiles lining the floor, walls, and ceiling, with the exception of a small panel of glass where two figures stood looking down on the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.