Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recette blinked at Kyoko's plan, her glasses slipping off her nose a bit, becoming askew. Metnally, she envisioned the two sticking some limbs out of the bus, forcing them against the rock and...

Somehow in Recette's mind visions, Kyoko's little hands crushed rock beneath them, but Recette's...

"I'd die."

"Kyoko I'm too young to die."

"Wh-what do you mean the bus would get torn up!? I'm more worried about me!"

Clearing her throat, she adjusted her glasses, saying, "Well, you can do it alone, or you could just grab the bus driver and jump with me. I have a feeling you could manage that and..." Looking to the back door, they were alone now. It was just Kyoko, Recette, the bus driver, and a rapidly approaching expanse at the edge of the cliff.

Recette's glasses slipped a bit more as she continued to sweat.

Recette blinked at Kyoko's plan, her glasses slipping off her nose a bit, becoming askew. Metnally, she envisioned the two sticking some limbs out of the bus, forcing them against the rock and...

Somehow in Recette's mind visions, Kyoko's little hands crushed rock beneath them, but Recette's...

"I'd die."

"Kyoko I'm too young to die."

"Wh-what do you mean the bus would get torn up!? I'm more worried about me!"

Clearing her throat, she adjusted her glasses, saying, "Well, you can do it alone, or you could just grab the bus driver and jump with me. I have a feeling you could manage that and..." Looking to the back door, they were alone now. It was just Kyoko, Recette, the bus driver, and a rapidly approaching expanse at the edge of the cliff.

Recette's glasses slipped a bit more as she continued to sweat.
Kyoko shrugs, "Well, I definitely didn't expect everyone to jump ship. I thought for sure there would be at least one normal person among the wannabes. Well, if that is the case." Kyoko suddenly pokes the bus driver in the thigh. Although this first seems completely random and unwarrented, the bus comes to a screeching halt due to a set of emergency brakes that weren't attached to the emergency brake lever. Anyone who wasn't ready for such a stop would be thrown towards the front.

As the bus came to a screeching halt, Recette was bested by the immutable power of physics. Thrown forwards, she was a bit lucky that the front window and console of the bus was not directly near her. However, Kyoko might have been a bit less lucky, as Recette barreled into her.

Last edited:
As the bus came to a screeching halt, Recette was bested by the immutable power of physics. Thrown forwards, she was a bit lucky that the front window and console of the bus was not directly near her. However, Kyoko might have been a bit less lucky, as Recette barreled into her.
Kyoko's instincts trigger when she feels Recette suddenly lunge towards her. If she were to let these instincts run without her wisdom, she would have simply dodged out of the way, letting Recette fly into the dash. However, since Kyoko recognized in time that the object flying towards her was Recette, she instead simply pivoted swiftly as to avoid Recette's head colliding with her rib cage while stretching out her hand to catch Recette's now airborn glasses.

The result was Kyoko absorbing much of the horizontal force, allowing it to torque her off of her feet and into the ground as she plucks Recette's glasses out of the air. Recette's head now rested on Kyoko's modest B-cup chest as the rest of her body laid directly on top of Kyoko with her glasses secured in Kyoko's left hand. The entire fall seemed intentional, as it delivered most of the force exclusively to Kyoko, and she had curled her neck as to avoid banging her head against the ground.

Kyoko's body relaxes significantly after she sees that Recette is safe, laughing in a carefree way. "Oh geez. I totally forgot to tell you about the second plan didn't I?"

Lifting her head from Kyoko's...softness...Recette was starting to feel a bit warm, and it wasn't the desert heat. Shaking her head, waving away the whole thing as an accident, she saw her glasses in Kyoko's hand, bowing her head as she said, "E-er, thanks. Nice catch!"

A couple gears clicking together, Recette gasped, "Ah! You...you...why didn't you just say you could do that! You were going to let me break my legs!" Tears appearing at the edge of her eyes, she whined, "Kyoko why."

"Ah!" she exclaimed, turning to the bus driver, who had blood running from his nose as he started at the two girls. Recette asked, "Did you hit your nose?"

"Huh?" the bus driver blinked, before touching his upper lift, spotting the blood. Shaking his head, he muttered, "Er, not exactly..."

Eyes narrowing, Recette, still holding herself above Kyoko, pointed a finger as she accused, "And you could have done that at any time, couldn't you!?" Backing up, she slipped to her knees, crossing her arms over her chest, pouting, "I trusted you..."

Lifting her head from Kyoko's...softness...Recette was starting to feel a bit warm, and it wasn't the desert heat. Shaking her head, waving away the whole thing as an accident, she saw her glasses in Kyoko's hand, bowing her head as she said, "E-er, thanks. Nice catch!"

A couple gears clicking together, Recette gasped, "Ah! You...you...why didn't you just say you could do that! You were going to let me break my legs!" Tears appearing at the edge of her eyes, she whined, "Kyoko why."

"Ah!" she exclaimed, turning to the bus driver, who had blood running from his nose as he started at the two girls. Recette asked, "Did you hit your nose?"

"Huh?" the bus driver blinked, before touching his upper lift, spotting the blood. Shaking his head, he muttered, "Er, not exactly..."

Eyes narrowing, Recette, still holding herself above Kyoko, pointed a finger as she accused, "And you could have done that at any time, couldn't you!?" Backing up, she slipped to her knees, crossing her arms over her chest, pouting, "I trusted you..."
Kyoko at first felt pretty good about her spontaneous catch which saved Recette. She was certainly feeling the love when she had Recette thanking her from such an up-close and personal position. Though, as the reality of the situation set in, so did Kyoko's disappointment. Though it was true that her save was pretty clutch, she only needed to make the save because she put Recette in danger to begin with. The bus driver was not much better off either, who took a good steering wheel to the face.

Kyoko seems crestfallen, not used to inspiring this kind of sadness or disappointment in someone else. She didn't know how to handle the situation, so Kyoko also began to cry without even a word of explanation. She cried very quietly, like one would walking to their execution.

Recette recoiled as Kyoko began to whine, tears forming in her eyes. Recette waved her hands, hoping she would stop, but it was hopeless. Recette fidgeted, trying to stammer out an apology or explanation, before finally sidling up next to her and wrapping one arm around her shoulders, using the other to pat her head as she yelled to the bus driver, "You made her cry!"

"I did not!" he argued.

"You did by not stopping the bus when you were supposed too! This wouldn't have happened if you weren't a sneak!" Looking back to Kyoko, she offered, "Er, it's okay now! See, not mad!" Swallowing, Recette felt as though she'd overdone it a bit...

Recette recoiled as Kyoko began to whine, tears forming in her eyes. Recette waved her hands, hoping she would stop, but it was hopeless. Recette fidgeted, trying to stammer out an apology or explanation, before finally sidling up next to her and wrapping one arm around her shoulders, using the other to pat her head as she yelled to the bus driver, "You made her cry!"

"I did not!" he argued.

"You did by not stopping the bus when you were supposed too! This wouldn't have happened if you weren't a sneak!" Looking back to Kyoko, she offered, "Er, it's okay now! See, not mad!" Swallowing, Recette felt as though she'd overdone it a bit...
Kyoko looks up towards Recette, mostly due to the fact that it was rather hard to look away from this position. Honestly, she didn't mean to start crying like that, but she really didn't know how to handle failures that affected her friends. Recette was the first friend that she made around her age, and to have messed up in such a spectacular way made Recette think that she was trying to break her legs... Kyoko breaths out, trying to clear her thoughts. She reminds herself that she has been forgiven, and that Recette wasn't mad at her anymore. Besides, she felt a little bad for the bus driver, taking the heat for something that was basically her fault. Kyoko doesn't know to wipe her tears, instead using words to assure everyone, "I'm not sad anymore, I was just worried that I really hurt someone because I wasn't being careful. I forget that not everyone is as tough as me, so sometimes I'm not as careful as I should be. Sorry Recette. Just, don't blame Mr. Bus Driver."

Letting out a sigh of relief Recette backed off a bit, offering Kyoko a smile. Seeing her tears still on her face, Recette raised a hand...before reaching for a pale pink handkerchief and handing it to her.

Slipping her glasses out of Kyoko's hands and pocketing them, Recette's gaze snapped to the bus driver as she asked a bit harshly, "Well, are you going to explain yourself, sir?"

Letting out a sigh of relief Recette backed off a bit, offering Kyoko a smile. Seeing her tears still on her face, Recette raised a hand...before reaching for a pale pink handkerchief and handing it to her.

Slipping her glasses out of Kyoko's hands and pocketing them, Recette's gaze snapped to the bus driver as she asked a bit harshly, "Well, are you going to explain yourself, sir?"
Kyoko takes the handkerchief, admiring the feminine charm it gave Recette to have such a thing. Kyoko did get the hint that her face was a bit of a mess judging by the fact she received such a thing, and efficiently dealt with the matter. Although Kyoko already knew the answer to Recette's question, she felt it would probably be better received coming from the driver.

The bus driver, still quite possibly fantasizing about the earlier moment, snapped to attention. "Well, as you know, the hunter exam calls people from all over the world. Exam proctors simply cannot process that sheer volume of people. Therefore, they hire people like me to weed out the wimps to reduce the number of people who actually take the exam. During your work as a hunter, knowing how to evacuate a public transport, even in extreme circumstances, will prove critical. Therefore, my test was to safely evacuate the bus. Recette, you passed because you took charge when the passengers became panics. Kyoko, you passed because you were able to deduce that I had an emergency brake. So now I can reveal to you both the path forward."

"Charti Heights!"

Recette stared. "We knew that."

The driver continued, "But you don't know the best path through! Right now we're towards the top, but that's the easy part! From here there are dozens of winding paths down, and unless you can fly it won't be easy. Even once you get down you have to cross the valley before you can get to Rindo. And if you can't find a navigator, you'll never find the Exam before it starts."

"So, as for where you need to go, a lot of people try to take the lower paths to get down, but that's a naturally formed trick! The angles are less steep, so they don't go as far down as you like, and they attract animals that can navigate them easier. The higher paths are steeper, but they'll get you down quicker! Just watch your footing! And they're not completely safe, but they're safer."

Recette nodded at the information, before wondering, "But what was that a navigator?"

The driver shrugged. "Sorry, but you're on your own for that one. If you'd lucked out, or looked a little harder, there are more than a few all around here: some in Rindo, Charti, the valley, even back in Colbur! But there's way more people like me who weed out the wimps, so watch out for that."

Recette studied him for a bit, before admitting, "Okay, that sounds legit." With a smile, she offered, "You're forgiven."

Last edited:
"Charti Heights!"

Recette stared. "We knew that."

The driver continued, "But you don't know the best path through! Right now we're towards the top, but that's the easy part! From here there are dozens of winding paths down, and unless you can fly it won't be easy. Even once you get down you have to cross the valley before you can get to Rindo. And if you can't find a navigator, you'll never find the Exam before it starts."

"So, as for where you need to go, a lot of people try to take the lower paths to get down, but that's a naturally formed trick! The angles are less steep, so they don't go as far down as you like, and they attract animals that can navigate them easier. The higher paths are steeper, but they'll get you down quicker! Just watch your footing! And they're not completely safe, but they're safer."

Recette nodded at the information, before wondering, "But what was that a navigator?"

The driver shrugged. "Sorry, but you're on your own for that one. If you'd lucked out, or looked a little harder, there are more than a few all around here: some in Rindo, Charti, the valley, even back in Colbur! But there's way more people like me who weed out the wimps, so watch out for that."

Recette studied him for a bit, before admitting, "Okay, that sounds legit." With a smile, she offered, "You're forgiven." Clapping Kyoko on the shoulder, Recette stood, suggesting, "Let's get going! I just need my briefcase, and..."

Heading back over to her seat, Recette looked around, but it wasn't quite there. Peeking underneath the seats, it hadn't slid anywhere either. Eyes widening, Recette tried to look around more frantically, but it was hopeless.

"Ah! It's gone!" Recette moaned. Looking down, she saw that her stockings had ripped in several spots. "Ah! No! How am I going to survive the interview at this rate!" Hands clasped on the sides of her head, she let out a moan of defeat as she tried not to leak any tears.
Kyoko, having half-listened through the explanation was already more than ready to go. From her perspective, this was all simply review, and there really wasn't any sort of enjoyment she received from doing something as small as this from a bus driver that she never even learned the first name of, and was honestly way too easily impressed. Kyoko figured that not having at least this much insight would basically doom you for the actual test. Even still, Kyoko had too short an attention span to take an elitist postion on the matter, and instead managed to come up with a somehow even worse take away from the conversation. Kyoko suddenly stands up defiantly when the bus driver tells them to walk through the high path. Something has obviously bothered her.

Almost yelling, "Wait, you mean this bus isn't actually heading to Charti Heights! I only picked this route because I didn't want to mess up my outfit!" Kyoko actually looks mad, like this is a matter of grave concern.

Blinking, the bus driver admitted, "Well, technically we're already there. I can't go the rest of the way: never could! Not in a bus. It's too heavy to go downhill easily, and the paths are narrow and bendy."

Standing up, Recette offered, "Think of it this way, we're almost to the top, so there's nowhere to go but downhill!" Pausing, she added, "Er, I mean, downhill, like literally. Because it's easier to walk downhill. Not...never mind."

"It's not easier to walk downhill here. That's what I just-"

"Shhhhhh!"

Blinking, the bus driver admitted, "Well, technically we're already there. I can't go the rest of the way: never could! Not in a bus. It's too heavy to go downhill easily, and the paths are narrow and bendy."

Standing up, Recette offered, "Think of it this way, we're almost to the top, so there's nowhere to go but downhill!" Pausing, she added, "Er, I mean, downhill, like literally. Because it's easier to walk downhill. Not...never mind."

"It's not easier to walk downhill here. That's what I just-"

"Shhhhhh!"
Kyoko looks pensively at her outfit, especially towards her chest. "I... I um. I forgot to bring deodorant. So I thought it would be good to stay somewhere air conditioned. I didn't even care that it was sure to be the hard route... I mean, I know it will be a problem eventually, but for me to mess up the clothes my sister gave me before the exam even starts, that would just be the worst."

Recette nodded at Kyoko's reasoning, before beginning, "I thought you were excited for the Exam to get tougher! If we get to Rindo before the deadline though maybe you can change your clothes? And...did I pack deodorant?"

Not wanting to forget her briefcase, Recette headed back over to her seat. Looking around, it wasn't quite there. Peeking underneath and checking the floor around the bus, it hadn't slid anywhere either. Eyes widening, Recette tried to look around more frantically, but it was hopeless.

"Ah! It's gone!" Recette moaned. Looking down, she saw that her stockings had ripped in several spots. "Ah! No! How am I going to survive the interview at this rate!" Hands clasped on the sides of her head, she let out a moan of defeat as she tried not to leak any tears.

Last edited:
Recette nodded at Kyoko's reasoning, before beginning, "I thought you were excited for the Exam to get tougher! If we get to Rindo before the deadline though maybe you can change your clothes? And...did I pack deodorant?"

Not wanting to forget her briefcase, Recette headed back over to her seat. Looking around, it wasn't quite there. Peeking underneath and checking the floor around the bus, it hadn't slid anywhere either. Eyes widening, Recette tried to look around more frantically, but it was hopeless.
Kyoko whispers inaudibly as Recette walks away, "But it has to be these." Becoming slightly depressed, she tries to find solace in Recette's words. It was true that as it stands the challenges thusfar haven't even come remotely close to entertaining her. The challenges she recieved back home were way tougher. It makes these challenges seem like a trip to the candy store. Once the exams start, there will probably be people even stronger than her. Just that possibility was exciting. Although Kyoko still seemed to dwell over the shirt, she seemed to get over it when she heard Recette moan in frustration from the back seat.

Wondering what could evoke such a reaction, Kyoko makes her way to Recette, a look of curiosity maintained on her face. "Recette, are you alright?"

Letting her whine taper out, Recette let out a sigh, slouching a bit, before admitting, "Someone stole my briefcase. It has important stuff in there! I mean, it's locked, but anyone could break it. Augh..." Her stockings were replaceable, but...

Lighting up, she gasped, "Maybe they're still nearby!" Hopping into action, she bolted to the door, offering one last, "Thank you Mr. Bus Driver!" before finally hopping off. They were still a few meters away from a bend in the cliff, but looking up ahead, Recette could still see a few people climbing up to the end of the path, a good distance up. And some other people not moving much at all... Recette heard some caws, shuddering as she recognized the call of carrion birds.

Letting her whine taper out, Recette let out a sigh, slouching a bit, before admitting, "Someone stole my briefcase. It has important stuff in there! I mean, it's locked, but anyone could break it. Augh..." Her stockings were replaceable, but...

Lighting up, she gasped, "Maybe they're still nearby!" Hopping into action, she bolted to the door, offering one last, "Thank you Mr. Bus Driver!" before finally hopping off. They were still a few meters away from a bend in the cliff, but looking up ahead, Recette could still see a few people climbing up to the end of the path, a good distance up. And some other people not moving much at all... Recette heard some caws, shuddering as she recognized the call of carrion birds.
When Kyoko heard that Recette had her suitcase stolen, she didn't quite know what to think. Recette was pretty perceptive, so stealing from her normally would be a near impossible task. Kyoko immidiately comes to the assumption that the theft was most likely to have taken place during the crash while everyone was in a panic. Kyoko stops to realize that she did not watch over her friend's valuables. It would have been such an easy thing for her to do, but she was so bored that she didn't pay as much attention as she needed to.

Kyoko resolves herself both to make up for losing her bag, but also to consider Recette more from now on. Thinking quietly out loud to herself, "Being with a friend is so different." Increasing her volume, Kyoko runs after Recette, "Hey, do you think you have a lead on who stole your stuff?"

Thinking on Kyoko's question, Recette began to walk up the incline. While it was important, at the same time, at least she didn't have to worry about the extra weight for the climb.

Recette began, "My first though was that big guy who was messing with us, but I watched the guys evacuating for a while...I guess I was away from my stuff for too long. We could catch up and start asking." Trying to keep her breath steady with the climbing, she wondered, "You didn't see anyone weird, did you?"

Thinking on Kyoko's question, Recette began to walk up the incline. While it was important, at the same time, at least she didn't have to worry about the extra weight for the climb.

Recette began, "My first though was that big guy who was messing with us, but I watched the guys evacuating for a while...I guess I was away from my stuff for too long. We could catch up and start asking." Trying to keep her breath steady with the climbing, she wondered, "You didn't see anyone weird, did you?"
Dutifully following Recette she continues to climb the wall fairly effortlessly. Her strength is so much more vast than the weight of her body, so Kyoko might as well be taking a leisurely stroll. "I wish I knew to be looking. I was so caught up in my own world that I wasn't even paying attention to your stuff. I think I was a pretty bad friend, so sorry about that."

Status
Not open for further replies.