Hunter X Hunter: The 387 Hunter Exams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ginutusu

Original poster
image.png
(WIP CURRENTLY.)
What do you seek in this world? Wealth, power, knowledge, justice, revenge? All these dreams that seem so far away can be turned into reality by becoming a Hunter, individuals who have proven themselves through rigorous examination to be elite members of humanity. These men and women have the pleasure of pursuing their dreams as a job, weather it being someone who thirst for knowledge and wanting to unlock secrets of the unknown, or another traveling the seas to find hidden treasures thought to be lost forever. All this can be yours be becoming a Hunter for the Hunters Association. Some of the benefits of being a Hunter are listed here.
  1. 95% of all public facilities can be used at no cost. Furthermore, all such services are provided at first class.
  2. Unrivaled freedom to travel around the world. Access is granted to about 90% of countries which normally restrict the entry of outsiders, and access to 75% of areas that the general public is prohibited from entering.
  3. Almost no legal responsibility for murder.
  4. The ability to sell the Hunter License as a valuable collector's item. Though only the original owner of a Hunter License can take advantage of its normal benefits, it can be still sold for enough money to support the seller for at least 7 generations in luxury.
  5. The ability to use the license as collateral for a zero-interest loan of 100 million jenny (approximately 90 million yen) at any bank.
  6. Access to the secret Hunters Only Website, where secret intelligence about various subjects, uploaded by other Hunters, can be purchased.
It's the 387th Hunter Examination and the challengers this year look tougher than ever. You have finally found the hidden Hunter Examination location and now you wait as time passes until the time comes to take on the rigorous task before you, now do you have what it takes to become a Hunter?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This RP is taking place in the Hunter X Hunter universe, if you haven't seen the show I recommend to watch it but it is not required to join the Role Play, however; it is easier to understand the settings a lot more. Like every other Role Play there has to have a set of rules if not, then things could get out if control and that's not something we would want would we?
Rules
All basic Iwaku rules apply here
1. No God Modding
There will be fights in this and I want them all to be fair, so by saying that I do not want anyone on here to be God Modding. It makes the fights not fair and the other person has no fun.
2. Two characters limit
I do want everyone here to express themselves here, but at the same time I don't want one person with six characters. Having two is easier for myself and others to keep track of.
3. No OOC fights
No one likes a lot of drama, if there's any issues with someone message me and I'll try to fix the problem.
4. Have fun
We're all here to have with each other.

CS Sheet
1. Name and age:
2. Appearance: (A picture of your character, drawing and anime pictures are okay. If no picture the give a description of yourself.)
3. Reason why you want to become a Hunter: (What are your characters reasons to becoming a Hunter?)
4. Skills and abilities: (What is your character good at or any abilities that they can do. I will tell you if you're characters abilities are too great, so I'll either have you weaken or remove them.)
5. Personality:
6. Flaws and weakness: (What is your character lacking in or has issues with?)
7. Back story: (Optional but good to have.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally interested in this

Interested.

Name: Nez Siber Rothschild

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 24[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He didn’t seem to want to have to do with anyone on the boat. A blue haired individual, sitting on his own, his blue irises seemed deep in thought and his hair was sea blue. He didn’t really look like he belonged here, with a pair of black cargo pants and a multitone sweater, with a tan hoodie, blue bodie, and blue sleeves. There was a healing scratch on his face, and bags under his eyes from little to no sleep. You wondered if you should go talk to him. Approach him from the distance, though you were afraid what kind of monsters he hid. He stands at 5’5” and weighs 87 pounds.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
214wnzr.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]When darkness did surround him, he showed the monster he was hiding. With horns and a beautiful dark wardrobe. With a black coat and leather pants. Dark wings and a darker expression.[/BCOLOR]

qxtnwy.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills and Abilities:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Genetically Enhanced Being;[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Due to him not be one hundred percent human, he has a few strengths he has inherited. These features are as followed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Exceptional Hearing; he might not be able to hear someone’s heartbeat, but it can generally be hard to sneak up on him. He could hear the way people breath or even the slightest change in the environment like the rustling of leaves.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s only two times stronger than the average human being, lifting men larger than him up with ease, and maybe a small vehicle like a motorcycle. But nothing like a large truck and he generally still fatigue. He might be able to do it with ease, but it is limited based on his weight and lack of defining muscles. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Exceptional Speed; he moves with an exceptional amount of speed, as if his body was aerodynamic. That’s because it is. Weak, hollow bones that allow him, to seem like he hovers off the ground, he moves with grace and elegance. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]*Note: I took the rating system of skills straight from the HxH wikipedia that also list the abilities of these characters as such[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hearing 3/5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strength 2/5 [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Speed 4/5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Metaphysical transformation; with what little Nen he can use, his body can go through a metaphysical transformation. [see picture above][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This gives him;[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Basic flight; more like hovering or gliding, than flight. He’s not strong enough to continue to carry himself in the air, but that doesn’t stop him from lifting an enemy smaller than him up, and sending them back down to earth.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Flight 3/5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nen 1/5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Intelligence; most of all he uses his wits to defeat his enemies. Often using opportunistic times, leading enemies into other enemies. Or outright trying to intimidate them with his other form, without really fighting.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Intelligence 3/5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Level 2 Regenerative Healing; can heal small bruises, and minor fractures, faster than people. Minor cuts and scrapes, and very minor blood loss. Cannot heal major wounds or severe wounds or severe fractures or severe bleeding.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Immunity to Drugs; such as sedatives or weak poisons. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Flaws and Weaknesses:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]There were always going to be complications and problems with trying to create the perfect being. There were always going to be setbacks. But he ranaway. He would not live a life of pain and suffering again. He would not deny the ability to become stronger because of the things he had to deal with. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hollow Bones; because his bones are hollow, they are easy to fractures. He doesn’t take physical blows very well, especially with those bigger and stronger than him. Despite his own enhancements, he is not very physically strong, which puts him at an adaptable disadvantage to his other fellow hunters.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anemia; due to a genetic defect in his red blood cells. His body doesn’t make enough red blood cells, which sometimes leaves him tired and dizzy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Chronic Fatigue; due to his anemia. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Doubt; Sometimes Nez can doubt himself and when he doubts himself, he doesn’t work nowhere near as efficiently as he does when he does believe in himself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Self Esteem; Nez is afraid he’s not worth anything. Looking at the fact that all the Hunters were all physically based fighters, he’s always worried, someone is pointing at him, and saying he isn’t worth being a Hunter. Which spirals in Nez’s doubts about himself. It’s a vicious cycle that repeats itself and feeds into itself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nez’s biggest enemy is himself. He feeds into himself he amounts to nothing or is nothing, but he wants to find if he is worth something. He wants to figure out whether or not he is a failed project or if he really isn’t as flawed as he likes to think.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Reason:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]For myself. I want to stop someone, who deserves to be stopped. I need the power to do so. I need the strength to do so, the purpose, the resources. The opportunity. I need to know I am alive, and not just a puppet in someone else’s plan.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some would be off put by Nez’s unwillingness to speak to others, the expression in his eyes would say that he’s a silent, introverted soul, but that’s far from reality. Actually Nez is pretty meek, as his physical attributes are. Probably because it’s the first time out on his own, without any guidance. Nez is open to meeting others, but is often hesitant and shy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A lot of his unwillingness to speak to others, is merely a shy wallflower, not sure how he fits or belongs in this world. Or how to interact in it. The world and social integration are still new to him, so he may seem insecure, almost second guess himself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But he’s aware of his thoughts and feelings. He knows when he is being irrational and often tries to correct this when he does recognize it. And just because he’s shy, doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to get to know other people. He seeks to understand the perspective of others and tries to understand where they are coming from.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He’s commitment orientated and when he sets his mind to something, he will complete it. He moves objectively from one goal to the next, and puts one hundred percent effort and commitment into anything he is doing, no matter the flaws and weaknesses his physical ailments get him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But he’s not without his insecurities. Generally nervous about being accepted into the Hunter’s exam with all his physical ailments worries him. Sometimes, he doesn’t always have faith in himself that he’ll be able to complete something because of all his physical ailments. He can be a kind of worry wart in that aspect.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A lack of sleep and a wandering mind sometimes can lead Nez to fall down a pit of anxiety and worry about his own strength. He’s afraid that he will fail the exam and that he’ll have to go back where he doesn’t want to go back. His nightmares include his “father” finding him and taking him back home. His nightmares also include him failing because he’s too weak.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All of these stem from personality insecurities of his own. However, he is being described as having critical intellect. He’s smart, and what he makes up in the lack of always being able to fight physically, he surely makes up for his brain. He’s quick and observant, and easily can come up with solutions. He uses his intelligence as a way to enhance his weaker status fighting skills.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He fears his “father” and creator. He also dreams about the things he saw in his home, if you can call it that. He wants to become a Hunter, so he can expose his “father’s” lies. He wants something for himself to mean something other than he was a pet project in a lab.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He has decided he likes rice balls, and he likes smoke salmon. Lots of salty flavors, but not greasy flavors. Salty. Like smoked salmon, or squid chips. Or smoked eel. But he has decided he doesn’t like greasy or slimy foods. Like soups and hamburgers. He’s often seen carrying around juice boxes with him because he likes them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He dislikes his father and he dislikes people who take advantage of others. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Legend of Dr. Roth Scheiner [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Long before you were even a speck of creation, before you were even an creation of my imagination. You had brothers and sisters like you. Well not like you. They were failed and weak. Mere blobs on the table, staring at me with their tumorous bodily forms, and bubbling eyes. I was a Hunter once myself, except I really wasn’t. I wanted the money and the fame for something more devious. The ability to create life. Too bad, these tubes, of DNA, and these collection of genetic information was not worth anything. As your mutated freaks of brothers and sisters stared at me with their suffering existence.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And the Hunters said my work on genetic splicing. My work on trying to create new form of human life, was Illegal. Dangerous. To think the thought was true, sickened me. I was a man of science. I was not a mad man. A raving stark man. I was a scientist. And sometimes you have to break some moral codes, before you can create beauty.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Your mother, or your mother DNA came from a fame Hunter. Well Huntress in this case. Who tracked me down. Found my hiding home. And my laboratory. I knew she would try to destroy it all if I were caught. But the joke was on her. She fell into my trap. Not the other way around.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I had planned for this for years. When she sprung into my lab, it was already too late. I finally had the code. The secret ingredient of creating the perfect being.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was to combine you with a Hunter and various animals in this world. So you could be more than just a speck in my head. But a creation in a tube, that could stand. A mere tube embryo. Is it true that the Hunters are still hunting me? Yes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Is it true I kidnapped a Hunter in my escape? Yes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But is it true, I ever wanted to harm you, my perfectly failed and flawed creation. No. I’d never hurt you. So I implore with this confession. I implore with knowing the truth. You come back to me. Home where you belong. So those silly Hunters will not harm you.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I am still your father. No matter how you were made. Be it in a tube. Or from my own genetic makeup it would have been the same. I would feed and clothe you all the same. Don’t bite the hand that feeds. I implore. No beg you to come back to me my wonderful failed being.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Perhaps next time we will get you right, but for right now you’re too weak and timid to be out there. I do not want to harm you and I do not want to use force on you. So forget about this whole Hunter Exam. Don’t run away and leave me.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nez is the creation of Dr. Roth Scheiner. A man whom the Hunters have claimed is a mad scientist. Who has built mutated freaks before. Splicing the DNA of several humans and animals together, to finally get the perfect being.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]None of his experiments were ever far, till Roth found the solution to the missing element. Which required a little bit of Nen, a little bit of the skills of a skilled individual, and a powerful animal. Nez became the birth of a Hunter, infused with Nen as an embryo, and the DNA of several bird like animals and feline animals. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At first Nez was an obedient child. He did everything Dr. Roth asked him. He was taught how to read and how to speak. He was being trained to fight. To fly. But Dr. Roth was not satisfied. Nez was born with several genetic defects. All which Dr. Roth tried to cure.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With different kinds of drugs and medications. None which worked and what began Nez’s immunity to them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dr. Roth became jaded and bored with Nez, realizing he was just as flawed as his other beings and started to neglect Nez instead. Abusing him verbally and belittling him. Nez was neglected, and alone by the age of 15 simply because Dr. Roth became disillusioned with him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nez would have stayed and lived with the abuse if not for the discovery he found. One day seeking his father’s attention, as he once did when Dr. Roth was happy with him. Nez found himself in his father’s work room. Only to find more things like him. In tubes. Embryos being tested and grown.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Upon the discovery Nez was disgusted to think he could so easily be replaced. He really realized his father did not accept or love him any more. The day Dr. Roth left his hidden home, was the day Nez ran off. He wanted to find a way to not be what Dr. Roth thought he was.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A failure.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With no purpose.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A mistake.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nez lived alone for a while. On the streets. Looking for minimal work and minimal jobs, but most people looked down upon him. He felt he was not worth anything and began to believe that Dr. Roth might have been right alone. He would not amount to anything.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Till he heard some day about the Hunter Exam. He didn’t know why, but he felt it calling like something was leading him there.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That’s where he decided that he would be able to find a purpose. That he could prove he was not a mistake. And maybe even perhaps. Take down Dr. Roth.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Do something that made Nez more of a person. That is what Nez honored. And sought out to do. [/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginutusu
I have an idea if anyone wants to do this, two male best friends since childhood, from 13-18 who decided they want to become a hunter. PM me if interested!

I have an idea if anyone wants to do this, two male best friends since childhood, from 13-18 who decided they want to become a hunter. PM me if interested!
are you really advertising your own rp in another rp signups thread?

Thank you everyone so far who's been interested, I myself is currently working, I'll be home later, so I'll check question and CS later

Just got back. Will finish my history.

bf91fc30f68ae0d6ecae920bdaeb9e6c.jpg

Name
Koko Tsuna, 12

Reason
After achieving complete boredom he decided that becoming a hunter might give him some entertainment for a while.

Skills and Abilities
His very fast and always floats above the ground, due to his telekinesis powers he can use his weapon which is a long spear called ''Gae Bolg.''
He can only control his spear. He has one special power with his spear that allows him to form multiple spears up to 10.

Weakness
Without the telekinesis powers he would be powerless and wouldn't have the ability to use his spear due to the heavy weight.

Personality
Extremely lazy, He would rather sleep then fight and would rather let his teammates fight alone then help. His lack of effort can get people killed but if he does help he is great to use against large enemies. In a ironic twist he likes sweets just like any other kid and rewards or flashy things get his attention easily.

Backstory
Koko Tsuna was always the odd kid and due to his powers and the mix of rebellious nature of not wanting to give any effort he is usually home schooled by his parents... Too bad he doesn't care about that stuff and would rather be a hunter instead of a scholar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward;

I would like to inform you, that you have also used a picture of Killua for your character sheet. And second off, your abilities are not well defined either. I may not be the GM, but having the inherent values of your abilities and having a better detail of their functions will help in the communication of this RP in the long run.

Edward;

I would like to inform you, that you have also used a picture of Killua for your character sheet. And second off, your abilities are not well defined either. I may not be the GM, but having the inherent values of your abilities and having a better detail of their functions will help in the communication of this RP in the long run.
I don't understand, Are you saying that its some how not allowed for me to use whatever picture i want for my character? How is my powers not well defined? I'd rather not type a paragraph for something so simple, He can use a weapon that's clearly way too heavy for him because he has telekinesis. I mean, what is there not to understand about my power?

Actually, I am. Considering Killua is Already Established character in the universe, you're essentially creating a doppleganger. And that's kind of what you do with powers. You write paragraphs and define them.

How strong is his telekenesis, what can he lift with his telekenisis, how much weight, how long can he hold telekenisis? Does he get exhausted using his telekinsis? These are the things you need to define in your powers.

Actually, I am. Considering Killua is Already Established character in the universe, you're essentially creating a doppleganger. And that's kind of what you do with powers. You write paragraphs and define them.

How strong is his telekenesis, what can he lift with his telekenisis, how much weight, how long can he hold telekenisis? Does he get exhausted using his telekinsis? These are the things you need to define in your powers.
The GM never said to be THAT explicit with the powers, I mean its clear that he can only use his spear if not i would've said so. Also, No it would only be a doppleganger if i made the actual character, If i just use the image it doesn't mean anything unless the GM says so. I mean because i use a actual anime character from a actual show doesn't mean i'm that person, If i use a naruto picture does that mean i'm naruto? No, it just means i look like him.

If i use a naruto picture does that mean i'm naruto? No, it just means i look like him.
So, I am not him, but I am him. Okay then.

So, I am not him, but I am him. Okay then.
What? Where did you get that from? Because someone has someones appearance doesn't make them that person. Whoever taught you that it means they are is stupid. I'm not gonna argue anymore, it clearly states in the rules to not do this here.

dop·pel·gäng·er
ˈdäpəlˌɡaNGər/
noun
an apparition or double of a person.
"he has a doppelgänger named Donald, his invented twin brother"

Status
Not open for further replies.