Hunter: The Return OOC (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:P are you really that surprised? One of your foes is an ancient dragon, it would be comical if he was anything under twenty foot in his draconic form (hes taller than that but still) Plus at least one of the minibosses is a demon

Anyway I kinda hoped for a bit more to respond to by this point XD

well more than likely my next post will involve Narxus telling everyone about the job
If Leader doesnt post by that time then he will just have to arrive and his character only have half of the needed information

Also I would advise thinking on which of the guards you want to go to first (or any questions you will want to ask about the guards/locations etc, its always better to go with more information than less information)

Leader of Nations has not posted nor has he responded to me so I will assume for now that he dropped

Tomorrow I will move everyone and continue the story (have alot of things to do today)

Hi guys, I've been reading over the IC and OOC for this RP and it sounds pretty damn awesome - I'd love to get involved! No one has posted for a week or so though, so is it still going? I'm making a character in the hopes that it is :D will post it up tomorrow!

Well hopfully everyones still interested XD
I thought I sent a conv monday asking them...but when I looked I noticed I hadnt so I sent it now XD

Well here's my CS as promised, I hope it's to your standards - if not, I'll be happy to adjust :)

Username: Silverwolf

Character Name: Rhea [Ree-ah] Agaeros [Ag-ear-oh-ss]

Race: Centaur

Age: 20, though as centaurs only have a lifespan of around 70 years, though she is only 20, she has been taught and given as much responsibility as perhaps a human 30-40 year old, so is rather mature for her age.

Age of appearance: Around 20 as centaurs, due to their equine blood, do not show signs of ageing as overtly as humans.

Rhea owns a huge recurved longbow made of dark-stained wood inlaid with delicate silver dragons, which is her pride and joy. One of her greatest skills is at marksmanship as she practised hard galloping through forests among other terrains in her homeland throughout her life and so is a talented sniper. Strapped to her right arm (as she is left-handed), is a wooden buckler shield with metal rim and boss (approx 11'' in diameter) and across her back with her quiver is couched a 6' halberd, composing of a 2' axe blade, 1' spear blade at the head and a smaller, 6'' spearhead on the tail end (see image in spoiler). The halberd's shaft is dark wood with leather grip wrapped along it's length. Her other weapons are her hooves as she can rear and kick with her front and back legs causing great damage.
Halberd.jpgShield.jpg

Rhea's size gives her strength roughly equal to two humans, though she is unable to lift her own weight, for example ladders, scaling mountains etc. Speed is another attribute as she can gallop at fit horse speed, i.e. approximately 30-40mph, and due to the massive organs required to sustain her body, she has increased stamina/endurance as well as reasonable night vision. She has an extraordinary grasp of language and can fluently read, write and converse in several languages, both past and present, as well as often being able to decipher new/forgotten language with great skill. Furthermore, she has a great affinity with birds and beasts, especially of forests and plains, and through this can often get creatures to do her bidding within reason, for example getting a squirrel to eavesdrop or spy for her. In line with this, she is very charismatic and often finds it easy to persuade those who have succumbed to her charms.

Though Rhea was never as boisterous and loudly ambitious as her two brothers, she had her own curiosity and quiet drive, hungrily studying tomes in the Wildwood Libraries and listening attentively to her wise elders. Her affinity for words was apparent quickly and she travelled between many centaur settlements denoting different colloquialisms etc, sometimes travelling wider than her own race's homelands to interact with others. She trained too, with both halberd and bow, first alone then often with a friend, Aeolus, to whom she later became betrothed. Rhea proved herself somewhat above her dear brothers when she was appointed as Captain of a Polu, a small detachment of the centaur border guard, the Piera. When she heard of Narxus' request for the willing and able to create a new generation of heroes, she was keen to go. Centaurs love very strongly and loyally so Rhea does miss her family and Aeolus deeply, however is keen to prevent the new rise of the vampire Meridor she had read and heard so much about so has travelled to the Flaming Dragon Inn to join on the quest.

Rhea is pale of skin and, to contrast, has fiery just-below-shoulder-length red/auburn hair that is normally rather untidy (she loves the wind running through it as she gallops across the land) with a slight fringe/bang falling above her right eye and striking emerald green eyes (see image in spoiler). Her human torso is relatively slim and lean, though she is slightly broader of shoulder than most. She wears finely-tooled dark brown leather armour formed of overlapping lames including breast and backplate, shoulder and upper arm guards, arm bracers (see image in spoiler) and a flexible extension to the bottom of the breastplate that straps around and protects her equine chest. Underneath this, a simple shift interwoven with some metal threading by the dwarf folk serves to lend her some further support and defense. Rhea's equine body is covered in a shining orange/chestnut coat and protected with armour much the same as that which covers her torso. Amongst the chestnut, she has one patch of white on her coat, which is a vague crescent-shaped splodge on her left stifle [thigh], which Rhea is rather insecure about as she views it as a 'target' for her greatest weakness – her legs, which are not armoured at all in the interest of speed, flexibility and comfort. She has a flaming red tail to match the hair on her head and from head to hoof, stands at roughly 7' tall.
Face.jpg
Illustration.jpg

Rhea is very proud of and loyal to her race and family. She is mostly a sober, level-headed individual, but will happily indulge in banter and high jinks when they occur. Above all, she is incredibly curious and pretty good at sticking information together to solve problems too. She loves the natural world and, due to this and her equine body, she far prefers spaces open to the outside world with connections to animal life. Rhea is a fierce and determined warrior who strives for achievement, that she would say is what comes from having two ambitious brothers. Though she has killed when necessary before in the Piera, she does mostly believe in the sanctity of life and will generally give mercy to those she has defeated, both for moral reasons and to potentially gain new information. Some of her favourite things are music, galloping, festivals and stories.

Attachments

• Halberd.jpg
    Halberd.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Bow.jpg
    Bow.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Accepted

and as soon as others get back at me I can see if this will continue (I hope it does)
You can make your opening post, have a barmaid lead you downstairs, maybe you arrived in time to hear some of what was said

sure ^^

You can make a werewolf who follows the Order of Lycus (a group of werewolfs who follow the first Lycan) Or you can create your own, like an offshoot or just a werewolf who doesnt care about the order.

If you would like information on the order (or anything really) just ask ^^

Sure, I'll make a character who follows the Order. Could I get more information on it?

Username: Kiondrick

Character Name: Johnny Oswald

Race: Human

Compared to other races, such as the werewolf, the vampires, the constructs, humans at first seem very fable. In reality, they are. That is why humans have had to work hard for generations to keep up with all the other races of the world. Many of them want to become great warriors, and be known as heroes throughout the world, and not to be left back at the bottom of the food chain. With that being said, many young children follow very strict training regimes from there parents and teachers. Those who wish to want to become a great hero would have to go through many trials to keep up with all the other races of Morua. And once you made the choice of learning to become a warrior, there was no going back. Your chance at a normal life was gone as soon as you went to training school, you could never turn back, no matter how hard the training was.

That is to say, not all humans wanted to become warriors of course. Some were happy with living a normal life. Most of the normal humans live in Sai, where they set up shop there and make a tidy profit in the market. The "warrior bred" as people who live normal lives would say, mostly live in Fasau.

One such man, Johnny Oswald, is said to be the most determined to become a warrior...

Age of appearance: Same

Weapons: Johnny Oswald a master of dual wielding two nun chucks. But they weren't ordinary nun chucks. These chucks, invented by Johnny himself, surge electricity. He uses them to shock his foes and paralyze them, leaving them open for a final attack. He can shoot electric bolts out of chucks as well. Oswald can also make an electric shield. While that sounds handy, the weapons themselves are short ranged, meaning that Oswald is a close ranged fighter. He can be left wide open to far ranged attacks, such as people with bows and arrows.

Powers: Thanks to the dwarves of Fasau, Oswald has also learned some of their magic, mostly dealing with electricity. If he were ever dealing with an enemy from long ranged, he would use electric shots to send electricity to his foes with ease. Unfortunately it is very limited, as Oswald hasn't had the time to learn how to properly gauge his magic, but along his journey he will start to learn.

Bio:

Born in Fasau, Oswald, at first when he was a child, had no interest at becoming a warrior. He was perfectly happy with being a normal person. His parents were also the same, who wanted to leave Fasau and move to Sai, in order to get into the black market business. Despite being made fun of by the other kids for not wanting to become a warrior, he didn't mind. He just wanted to be in the trading business, just like his parents, and he couldn't ask for more.

That was when he was five. As the years went by, he heard of stories passed on from the other children about great heroes saving Marui from harm, and started getting interested. Oswald was intrigued by the stories! His favorite being the hero of Nerxus, who saved Marui from the tyranny of the Vampire lord himself. He could see it in his head...a tall, majestic being, with 9 other companions by his side, in the greatest fight the land of Marui has ever known! It was indeed a intriguing tale. Unfortunately, his parents began to notice the boy's interest in these stories, and started to worry about their son's imaginings. When Oswald would talk about it, his parents would remind him that being in the Black Market is much more of a great job than risking your life out there. Indeed, they assured him well. Even so, Oswald began to wonder...

Alas, the boy couldn't even begin to reconsider about joining warrior school, as it was time to move to the city of Sai anyway. Sadly, with a endearing heart, Oswald and his family left the village of Fasau and started moving to Sai. As he looked off to the distance, Oswald began fantasizing about Nerxus defeating the great vampire lord...

Cut to five years later in Fasau. A bloody figure walks to slowly to the entrance. People stopped what they were doing to see who the figure was. As he grew nearer, teens began to recognize the face of the boy who was wobbling to the village, in what appeared like in agony. It was Johnny Oswald, all bloodied and bruised. Last they saw of him was five years ago, when his family left Fasau for Sai...

As the kids in the front helped the injured young boy what had happened, where are your parents? Johnny looked at them, and said one thing: I'm here to join the warrior school...

The rest he never talks about. Despite the worry in some of their faces, Johnny never talked about what happened in Sai, and he never did. No one ever saw his parents, so many assumed they were dead, probably killed by bandits...

12 years later, after vigorous training at the school, Johnny was ready to set out for adventure...with a mysterious expression on his face...

Appearance: 5'8, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Burly Build. His expression is very passive, rarely showing any emotion. He wears high grade armor made for humans, and keeps his nun chucks on the back.

Username: Lifemage

Character Name: Jocelyn, Joss for short (Is that appropriate for a name? I'll be happy to change it if it's not)

Race: Werewolf. Hoping to make her one of the Children of Lycus, if that's alright.

Age of appearance: 17

Weapon: I'm not sure if this counts as a weapon per se, but she has a pair of gauntlets (the variety without fingers) that give her a short-range teleportation ability. She can only use this skill a few times in rapid succession before it has to cool down for a bit, so it's not as though she can teleport about everywhere and never be struck.

Powers: Aside from the short-range teleportation, she has strong water and ice manipulation abilities. Generally, she uses these skills far more than close-combat ones when it comes to fighting. She's powerful enough that she can draw water from plants or even very humid air to use for fighting, but doing so takes a considerable amount of concentration, and it's certainly not something she can do all the time. Using even larger amounts of power fatigues her quite a bit.

Bio: Joss is part of the Order of Lycus. She had a relatively normal childhood, and took to magic at a young age--specifically, water and ice magic. Since she displayed this aptitude, she was trained considerably to hone it. She started out with a wand, though she's since transitioned to do without it and doesn't feel as though this hinders her. Joss has also always had a natural curiosity about the world, and houses a considerable wanderlust. When the call for heroes came, she felt it would be a great opportunity to both explore the world and put her skills to good use. Not to mention it would also be great if she could help contribute to the quest to find Luna.

Appearance:
Human
Joss has fair skin; short, black hair (not much longer than chin-length); and light blue eyes. Her height is around 5'5", and she has a rather slim build. She wears a plain, white, somewhat loose tunic with a light blue, equally loose sash; baggy, dark brown pants that cut off below the knees; and no shoes. Rather than having shoes that were open in the front, she decided to ditch them altogether. The bottoms of her feet are rather calloused, though she doesn't do much foot-traveling in human form anyway. The rest of her clothes are loose in order to accommodate her hybrid form. As mentioned above, she also wears gauntlets, which are also large enough to accommodate her hybrid form; she wears woolen arm-warmers under them to both help make up for the difference in human form (the arm-warmers can just squish a bit when she changes) and to prevent discomfort. No one needs that. Finally, she carries a small, light brown shoulderbag (going across her torso, not just hanging off the shoulder). Attached to the same strap is a full skin of water that's only a bit smaller than the bag itself.
Hybrid
Basically like an anthro black wolf with light blue eyes. She's a bit taller, but not much wider at all. As far as werewolves go, she's fairly slender.
Animal
Just a regular black wolf with light blue eyes. Still a slender wolf, but otherwise average.

Other: Not much, aside from the fact that she keeps her old wand in her bag for sentimentality purposes. But it could also be useful if she felt like using a wand for whatever reason, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kion: A few spelling issues here and there, but honestly I'm not really a big stickler for that (as I know I make a lot of spelling issues when I type and sometimes (often) I don't catch them during proofreading)
The dwarves would use runes for magic, but its not hard to assume that they (or one) would take a shine to Johnny and teach him how to utilize these runes (or that he managed to buy/haggle/win in a bet etc) The runes would probably be on his nunchaku (though if you want they could have also put one on his body somewhere), and the runes would definitely drain your character's magical energy when used for distance (as they are made for close range)
So yea accepted. (If alterations are made please pm me them first (which kinda goes for everyone))
You can make your opening post (similar to silver you can just have a barmaid guide you down)

Life: Age is fine, name is fine. The gauntlets blink ability is fine. Would like a tiny bit more information on her magic (namely how skilled she is with it currently (this way I'm not surprised if you are freezing lakes or something XD
While the bio is short its also acceptable.
Anyway tell me when you update the powers and youll more than likly be accepted ^^

There, I've edited the post. Is that better? I didn't wanna make her too overpowered.

I also edited her bag and included a skin filled with water, since I forgot I wanted to do that when I initially made the post.

yup ^^ accepted
And dont worry about 'too overpowered' I'll typically let you know when something is 'too overpowered'

Anyway as with Kion you can make your opening post

I'mma go to sleep, but after you both make your openings I'll move the rp (if the other three haven't posted by then I'm just going to move them, have them 'think it over' in an inn room or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.