Hunted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent nodded and finished eating his share, feeling much more energetic than he had before. Of course, having energy would not matter if he would be unable to do anything for possibly a few weeks. He looked over at Izana, noticing him wriggling on his back. At the sight, he chuckled a bit, before wincing again. He slowly stood up and walked over to him. "All right, where does it itch?" He asked, smiling.

Izana Giggles and lays on his side, Pointing to the location with his tail. "It's right around there." He smiles and relaxes some in anticipation of Vincent's assistance. "You seem to be feeling marginally better, Fine Powerful vincent Sir." He nudges Vincent with his nose, Trying to make him proud and happy, while at the same time avoiding the ribs that have been broken*

Vincent smiled. "Yeah, it feels good to no langer have an empty stomach. All thanks to you, fine and noble steed." He said, then began scratching the spot where Izana pointed to. He rubbed his side a bit as it began aching, but he ignored it. In the day that they had been together, Izana had done a lot for him. He had gladly welcomed him in the cave to take shelter from the early winter cold, and even saved him from Lilith's clutches. "You know... We've only known each other a day, and you're already so attached to me. Why is that?" He definitely was not annoyed by it. Rather, it made him curious. "Why am I so important? I'm only human."

Murrs at the scratching, his scales warm to the touch. "You ask a difficult question. Humans are just as important to the world as we are, and, Imagine, after so many years alone, without someone to care for or be cared for, What a difference even having the company of another can be. Especially one that is as friendly and caring as you, rather then someone like Lillith and her murderous, evil, tendencies." He continues to murr at the scratches, Kicking his leg a little, acting very much like an unusually large puppy, in a way.

As he continued scratching, Vincent thought about this. Of course, he could agree that being so alone and isolated for so long, one would think that he would be just as glad to have met Izana. Which he was, but his own fears still kept him from truely being able to trust him. He erased the thought and smiled as the dragon began to kick his leg a bit. "I guess... I'm just afraid to trust you fully because... I want you to be able to show me what it's like to truely be cared for." He said, wondering if it made sense. He did however believe that, given enough time, he would be able to trust Izana with his life.

He nods and smiles. "I understand. I wouldn't have it any other way. After all, Natural bonds are better than forced ones. I don't kno how to force one, and I don't care to." He smiles, hoping your ribs are still doing okay, and he looks around the room. "I Care for you, and feel ready to trust you with my life."

Vincent nodded at this and continued scratching, letting out a small yawn. His ribs still ached horribly, but given a few weeks, he should be on his feet again. "So, what are we going to do for the next few weeks? I'm tired, and I haven't even done anything yet." He said, rubbing his neck.

Izana shrugs. I have no idea. Unless we can come up with a way to allow your ribs to mend quicker, We're kinda stuck here for a few weeks, Needing to be ready to fend Lillith off..." he sighs, And worries. Back when she attacked his home, It wasn't just her. From his limited memory of the event He recalls Dragons eating other dragons, And starts to get afraid of her bringing Those Cannibals ingo the mix,Something thats not entirely a good thing to think about at the moment, As he starts shaking a little from Anxiety at the thought of feeding another in that way, Something Vincent may or may not notice. "I hate saying it,But if we can use Magkc to at least hold thr rips steady in place they should heal better I believe."

Vincent noticed Izana shaking a bit, obviously recalling the terrible events that had taken place the day he lost his family. "Hey, you all right?" He asked, patting his shoulder. He didn't want to think about Lilith at the moment, or what would happen if she actually came back for them. At the last thing he said, Vincent gasped in surprise. "N-no!" He said, then his tone switched to that of a more calm one. "N-no... No magic..." He said, shivering a bit.

He nods at the thought of no magic, and Sighs at the question. "Sorry, I just.... relieved my family being killed, Some eaten alive, By Lillith and her, Whatever they were... Im not much larger then some tbat were eaten, so all she'd have to do is contract the right dragon again... Or a gryphon for that matter... " He takes a few shakey breathes, trhing to calm himself down, and looms around at the place again. We can't stay in here the entire time we cecover either... Fresh air would do us good, fresh air and fire would do good for me... What should we do?

Vincent nodded and pet him on the shoulders, letting out a small sigh. "Well... let's not try to think about any of that stuff right now..." He said, limping along with Izana as he loomed around the large room. "Lilith isn't here yet, and I don't think she will be for quite some time." At the last question, the boy nodded. "All right, we can get some fresh air for now. I... think I can walk..."

Reactions: FireDrake150
Izana smiles and nods, Slowly getting up, Waiting to see if He needs any help up or anyone for support. "Take it easy. If you're not sure, You can ride around on me. Could be vood practice for later, All while resting yourself, You know?" He smiles a bit Nd nudges at his shoulder gently with his own nose, Wanting to build the trust between them, But without rushing things.

Vincent winced a bit as his ribs began aching, but he was a bit surprised at Izana's offer to ride him. Not even Lilith had offered him such a thing back when they were still friends. As hesitant as the boy was, his heart thudded in anticipation. "I... can walk, but not for too long..." He said.

Izana smiles and nods respectfully, Looking to Vincent. "Alright, So long as you don't push yourself too hard. we're supposed to be relaxing and all." He chuckles a little, Trying to keep everyone upbeat and positive, Despite the circumstances and the ideas that Lillith may in fact be preparing herself for another encounter with them, A thought that actually terrifies Izana.

"All right..." Vincent said, heading towards the door. "There isn't really much to see here, aside from the temple and a nice lake that I used to go to when I was younger." He said, rubbing his side. It ached a little bit, but not horribly so. "I can show you, if you want."

"All right..." Vincent said, heading towards the door. "There isn't really much to see here, aside from the temple and a nice lake that I used to go to when I was younger." He said, rubbing his side. It ached a little bit, but not horribly so. "I can show you, if you want."

he nods. "yeah, That could be nice, But I'll eventually get to see everything, So I am in no rush." He Looks at Vincent, Hoping he is doing alright. "What would you like to do Vincent?"

"Well... Let's go to the lake. I haven't been there since I was a kid." Vincent said, rolling his shoulders a bit. "It's right outside town. I used to use it to just cool off, but..." He sighed. "I never actually learned to swim."

Status
Not open for further replies.