Hunted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Izana nods. "I understand, but you'll have to trust in the others. after all, We can't have you falling victim to a...." He freezes solid for a moment, looking outside and letting out a sinister growl, but one Vincent would be able to tell isn't directed at him. "This is bad...You were followed....One of the few evil dragons I know, Partially responsible for the deaths of my family....If I have the right feeling...She will want to manipulate you, and, Perhaps, Make you her partner, warping your mind for it....I'm out of ideas....I'll fight her for you of course, but if I fail you could still be partnered with her..." He doesn't even mention himself, because he feels Vincent needs to both come to that conclusion on his own, should he desire to stick with Izana, and a desire not to force his hand, as making a pact would not only be permanent, but power-granting. "...Shit, What do we do?" Izana curls lightly tighter around Vincent, but not tight enough to where he couldn't get out if he were to wish it. "She's close...." He whispers, trying to mask Vincents scent with his own.

"F-followed...?" Vincent asked, glancing out the cave. Of course, he saw nothing through the inky darkness of the forest. He shifted a bit as Izana curled tightly around him, which left him a bit confused. They had only just met, yet the dragon was already feeling protective of him. He knew what he had to do, but he still felt very hesitant about it. "All right, I'll choose-"

"Oh, it's far too late for that, my dear." A soft and sinister female voice announced, followed by a thud. She strolled into the large cave, the light from the fire illuminating her entire body. "Oh, what have we here? My little Vincent with another dragon? Well, that simply won't do at all..." She said, snarling at Izana.

"Lilith..." Vincent replied, backing up a bit. "What the hell do you want from me?" He demanded.

"Isn't it obvious, dear? I have use for you." She said, approaching him. She towered over the boy, her red eyes glaring into his own. "Ever since you were a child, I knew you would be the one. All I had to do was wait for the right time. And now, we're finally ready, and I will not pass up the oppertunity. You can either choose me, or I can force you. What is it going to be, child?" She said, snarling.

Izana watches and Whimpers. "... Forgive me, Vincent." He reaches out and attempts to establish control in only as assertive a form as to prevent her from bonding with him. This truely could be considered Izana forcing the issue, But as Lillith isn't exactly Well-intentioned, Under the circumstances Izana Feels it a necessary precaution. "You'll have to kill me first, I don't care what you want. You will not win, Lillith" Izana moves into position of the two, Blocking the two's gaze, Hoping he's not already too late. "Vincent.... You were about to choose.... Finish saying it.... Say 'i choose Izana...'" His own fear js betrayed in his voice, as he faces Lillith steadily, Manipulating the flames around him to encircle her, Hoping to restrain her*

Vincent's heart beat heavily within his chest, and his legs collapsed underneath him. His worst fears have come true, and now he was too weak to run away. He watched as the two dragons faced each other, trying to move himself away. He still had no idea if Izana's intentions are as noble as he made them sound, but bonding with him was his only option. He knew Lilith fairly well, and he knew exactly what she had planned if she forced a bond onto him. "I choose-!"

Once again, Lilith interrupted him by letting out a deafening roar, and she charged at Izana, the fire hot against her scales. "I should have murdered you, just like I did the rest of your pathetic family!" She snarled, circling around the male dragon. Her tail quickly snaked around him and wrapped around Vincent's waist, and she charged out of the cave opening, taking flight into the air.

"Ugh! Izana!" Vincent yelled as he was jerked from his spot and out of the cave, Lilith's tail wrapped tightly around his waist.

Izana tears out of the cave, Letting out a Roar in response to her. "yes, Lillith. you should have. Because now that i am here, And I have been made completely sure of your guilt in the matter, I will do everything in my power to bring You down, And Rescue Vincent. Not only that, But..." Using Wind to soar Alongside them, Feeling the Magic of Vincent's choice in the air. "I CHOOSE VINCENT AS MY RIDER!" Praying that it was loud enough to complete the Pact, Izana Slips Vincent out from her tail skillfully and starts trying to head towards Vincents residence, Hoping to outfly her, Using his wind to create a Headwind for her and a tail wind for the two of them. "Vincent... Please... Trust me....I won't let her lay a paw on you. As your steed, I vow to be there for you from now until the end of time." It seems He is trying to complete the process as soon as possible so that she can't have a chance.

Vincent gasped as Izana slipped him out of Lilith's grasp. The dragon's words echoed in his mind for what seemed like an eternity, and he suddenly felt new energy serging through him. "I CHOOSE IZANA AS MY STEED!" He yelled as loud as he could. The newfound energy within him intensified, but it didn't seem... complete.

Lilith roared as the boy was slipped from her grasp, yet as they flew away, she began laughing. "You think just saying who your bondmate is will be enough?!" She took off and began flying after them at full speed. "Forming a full bond takes much more than that! There's still plenty of time!" She was slowly closing in on them.

Seeing this, Vincent stood up, balancing carefully. He unsheathed his knife and aimed carefully, before tossing it at her. As it sailed through the air, it began glowing a bright orange hue, before it buried itself in Lilith's wing. Upon impact, the knife let out a thunderous explosion, tearing off half of the wing. With a pained roar, the dark dragon fell into the forest below. Vincent stood there, a look of total shock on his face. "Holy shit..." He moaned, before passing out.

Izana looks at him and smiles happily, Feeling the shared energy. landing just outside of his city, He makes sure Vincent is safe, before walking in, Unsure of how the townspeople will react to thr unconsious Vincent on Izana's warm back. "Please, I need to see someone. Vincent here and I fought an evil dragon, and chose each other, But I'd prefer it if you got the story from him. after what he explained as three non stop days of travel, He needs his rest. Please don't pressure him. He doesn't feel ready, So it would be wise to start off slow and gradually build into the training. The bond however, Isn't yet complete. Verbal confirmation has been issued, But we still need to seal it......" The dragon pands, Glancing back to the unconsious human and smiles. "Is there somewhere We can rest?"

There were low mumbles among the crowd of people that had formed around the blue elemental dragon. One of the nobles stepped forward. "Allow me..." He said, motioning the dragon to follow. "The temple has rooms large enough where you can both stay." After a few minutes of walking, they reached the large building, and the man pushed open the doors. "Right in here." Behind him, the crowd that followed had been watching curiously. "He tried to run, but we knew he couldn't make it. Fucking coward." One of the townspeople mumbled just before the door was closed.

Lilith moaned out in pain as she inspected her wing, finding half of it completely shredded by the strange explosion. "Damn that boy... Damn them both!" She groaned, getting to her feet.
"I see your plan didn't go as well as you wanted it to." A deep voice came from the darkness. Lilith snorted in response. "They've been able to verbally choose each other, but they still have yet to strengthen the bond emotionally. It will definitely take time. That boy is still wary around him, because he cannot let go of his fears."
"Which will give us plenty of time to hunt him down for you." The orange dragon replied, revealing his much larger form. "On my back, sister. Let's get that wing fixed."

He Smiles, But glares at the townsperson, Stoping the door. "Be careful who you insult. This new Rider has a Dragon in control of both Fire and Wind on his side now, and one whose entire family and friends have been murdered, and one whose home has also been destroyed. Be careful how you word things, We wouldn't want to start a conflict between anyone. I hate fighting, Myself." He allows the door to close, Covering you gently with a wing as he curls up to sleep, trying to gather some rest, Noticing a scale on his palm ever so faintly glowing, Not yet on Vincent's hand. "... And this is where emotional attachment is required. I'd rather earn it then force it."

would that Vincent were to eake up before Izana, Hed see Izana kept his promises.

Vincent opened his eyes carefully, studying his surroundings. After a moment, the memories of the night before replayed in his mind like a broken recording. He stirred a bit, noticing the wing he had been sleeping under, and smiled a bit. As he tried to sit up, an aching pain in his torso made him groan and lay back down. Every muscle in his body was sore from all that had happened the night before, not to mention all the nonstop running he had done prior. He shrank back underneath Izana's wing, not wanting to move... Then his stomach growled.

Izana Stirrs Shortly after, also tired from the fast flying, and the events from the prior night. Looking around, after peering under his wing to make sure Vincent is okay, He looks around, and sighs, figuring that when the Dragon elders, the paired steeds move to talk to him, he Will tell them of the events, and what he expects to happen, Hoping to share in their knowledge, and perhaps get a decent meal, as he is also very hungry. "Hey, Vincent? You doing alright? Aside from the Hunger, I mean? The Elders are likely to want to talk to us, Species to species...The Dragons no doubt will want to make sure I am a worthy steed...." He chuckles Nervously, gently setting his head in Vincent's lap, still supporting most of its weight, but it's not all that heavy to begin with.

Zed winced a bit as Izana laid his head in his lap, but he almost immediately became ised to it. He gently pet the dragon's head. "It... hurts like hell to move. From all the running, I mean." He replied, letting out a small sigh. It still felt strange... Izana being so concerned for his well-being. Throughout his entire life, no one had ever cared enough to ask how he was doing. It may be just another thing he had to get used to. "Don't get so worked up about it. You were able to get us away from Lilith, I'm pretty sure you can pass some test." He rubbed his shoulder, grimacing at the pain in the muscle. "I, on the other hand, probably won't be able to do any tests until I recover." He shrugged. "Even if you didn't pass... we'll still bond anyway. Then they'd train us." He said, scuttling back underneath Izana's wing. "So... Did that really happen? That explosion last night? Or did I just dream that?"

The Explosion happened alright...You are the reason we got here safely. I could have used flames to fight her, but with you nearby, I wasn't going to risk it." He smiles, Starting to slowly rum some of the sore muscles with his tail, trying to get them to relax as best he can. "I suppose we'll see. but you're right, we've started the process, so what's the worst that could happen?" He smiles, hoping his massage is helping. I'm here for you. whatever you need."

At that last part, Vincent smiled. Those were words that the boy had rarely heard in his life from someone who meant it, and even when he did, they were never directed at him. Before all that had ensued, he had no idea what it was like to have anyone care for him. At least, not turely... He sighed heavily, relaxing a bit as the sore muscles were rubbed. "Lilith... used to be a friend of mine." He said, pulling off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. "She was so kind... And she would often talk about how I was meant to bond with her once I was old enough. Then... Once Angus died and I was chosen, she tried to bond with me. That was when I saw her for what she really was." He put his glasses back on and sighed. "All those times she said she cared about me... That she would always be there... It was all just a lie. To trick me into a false sense of security."

Izana nods. "I see....I'm sorry. But, Bonded or not, I'm here for you. She in many ways ruined my life. She is responsible for the deathes of my family and friends. She killed them. Her and a few others....Some of them may have even eaten some family members, so I never was tricked by her, but I also have a history with her." He smiles, continuing to massage, waiting for either food or one or both to be retrieved, not looking foreward to it. "Vincent, Do you think I will be a worthy steed to you? After all, it's your choice. Of all dragons in the world." In many ways, he feels sorry for Lillith for being robbed of the one she had been planning to bond with, but after how she acted, he really isn't all that surprised.

Another noble walked in carrying two plates of food, one plate much larger than the other. He set them both in front of him before stating: "A few of your ribs are cracked from... whatever happened last night. I would suggest taking it easy for now. The Elders have agreed to meet with you both as soon as Vincent is fully recovered." And with that, the noble strolled out of the room. Vincent sighed and gently leaned back. "Great..." He said, rubbing his side where Lilith's tail grabbed him. So, it turned out that Lilith had a darker history than even he imagined. It seemed that they both had something in common after all, as in being completely messed up by the dame dragon. He blinked a bit at the question, looking down a bit. "So far, I think you're the only dragon that would be worthy. I mean, you did save me... And... I feel like you actually mean what you say when you tell me you'll always be there."

He nods and smiles, before sniffing at your chest and whimpering. "Ribs Broken? Thats really not good, we need to keep you and Lillith away from each other...." He turns to the food, nudging the larger one over to Vincent, smiling as he does it. "please, take what you need. I'll eat whatevers left. You need it more then I do." He relaxes as the realization of how worthy he is thought to be kicks in. He had thanked the noble, and is grateful for the time to get to know Vincent.

"Surely?" Vincent said as Izana nudged the larger plate of food towards him. He began picking at the food, not really digging completely in. One would think that after three days of having nothing to eat, he would be pigging out. But for some reason, he didn't feel like eating, despite the empty feeling in his stomach. But he did take a few of the vegetables, just so he wouldn't worry Izana. "I'm just glad I gave Lilith as good as I got. She cracked my ribs, I blew her wing to shit." He said with a chuckle, then moaning in pain. "Ow... Hurts to laugh..."

He chuckles a bit and nods. "Of course. I may be Hungry, but you went 3 days without food. You're in more need of it then I am. besides, Our tests will require us both to be at our best, I'm sure. Besides, A Wing is one of a dragons most valuable assets. Without them, Flight would be impossible. still, You did a tremendous thing given your hunger and fatigue. Don't sell yourself short." He smiles, Rolling around on his back safely away from Vincent and the food, Trying to scratch an itch like a large puppy*

Vincent nodded and finished eating his share, feeling much more energetic than he had before. Of course, having energy would not matter if he would be unable to do anything for possibly a few weeks. He looked over at Izana, noticing him wriggling on his back. At the sight, he chuckled a bit, before wincing again. He slowly stood up and walked over to him. "All right, where does it itch?" He asked, smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.