Hunted Warriors

Today was turning out to be quite interesting. Not only had Arven witnessed a pickpocket attempt, which had failed, much to his amusement, but a whole trove of other activity was in the works. A woman, seeming very sure of herself, had just recently strode through the city with the gait of an assasin for hire. Not the usual kind of woman you'll find in this town. A hooded man, whom Arven had been watching for some time now, was posting signs on various walls and surfaces. He couldn't see it very well from his vantage point, but it seemed to be some kind of recruitment notice. Arven laughed to himself, sliding stealthily off of the rooftop and onto the streets, placing his bow back on his back and his arrow into its quiver. If it was, that man better have some muscle to back him up. Putting up signs for movements of any kind within the kings main plaza was a sure way to get yourself interrogated. Or killed. Depending on how much the culprit in question decides to suck up to that pighead of a ruler.

A small figure caught his eye as he weaved through the streets. He was seated at one of the old cafes, talking with the female assasin. Arev recognized him immediately as an old associate within "kings bane". Standing at a distance, Arven analyzed him with a calculating glance. Hmmmmm. He was a marksman. Seven months ago, Arven and this man had conducted a raid on one of the neighboring barracks. Good times. But what was his name? Darick.....no.....Falmar......no......Merik? Merik! That was it it. Arven gave Marik a puzzled look. What was he doing in this part of town? Continuing through the crowd, Arven made a beeline for the recently plastered posters. He couldn't help it. He was curious. With a confident air, Arven walked right in-between the hooded man and the pickpocket, placing a leather gloved hand on the poster. It was written in old code, something he hadn't read in a long time. Studying it deeper, Arven still couldn't crack it. He knew it was some dialect of thief code, but its translation eluded him. He'd have to ask the hooded man what it was all about.

With a soft and inconspicuous sidle, Arven walked up right beside the hooded man. "Looking for recruits of some kind, my friend?" Arven whispered softly. "The name is Arven. I'm a scout in the kings bane militia. If what you're up to has anything to do with overturning our dumbfounding dunce of a king, and requires someone skilled in the use of weaponry, I'm your man."

She clicked her tongue and glanced down at the bag of arrows. She then looked back to him, leaning on the table and pulling her fedora down over her eyes. She then put her fingers lightly together, shrugging lightly. "Oh, I just prefer to keep my head down and shoot through the ranks, getting straight to the leader and stabbing one of my knives straight into the armor..." She let out a small sigh. "Oh, but less about me. I know about the small guild being built up. I already texted and got the meeting place..." She closed her eyes. "As long as I get a good amount of pay, I'm good with any task. Especially bringing down an unrighteous leader..."

Pay? He chuckled. let's talk about the task at hand first. There's barely enough money to feed the people of this wreched City. and as long as the Kings in power we're going to have less left all the time .

She shrugged. "If the king is struck down, this precious city can be restored to its full glory and we can bathe in the prosperity. I might not even have to steal from stupid guards anymore." She then stood, laying a bit of money for the bill on the table. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall take my leave to the meeting place. I love to be early." She tipped her hat to him and then walked out of the cafe, going down the road slowly with her fedora low.

"Heh,always on the run. I don't get that girl, timid one minute, pickpocketing guards the next.

"You're... You're the guy on all those-"

Before Aedan could finish blurting out his sentence, another man had stepped in and rudely interrupted him. As always, his scrawny size and complete lack of charisma made him easy to overlook. Even so, he couldn't understand why Arrow-guy didn't recognize the familiar face appearing all over the streets. He could've just shot Hoodie-guy with one of his arrows and dragged him off to the king. It was a sum of money substantial enough to make anyone, not just Aedan, drool.

"Umm... Excuse me," Aedan timidly addressed the new guy. Try as he might to make himself sound a little more confident, those fearsome serrated arrowheads were scaring the life out of him. He had been grazed by a similar arrow the last time he tried to steal a meal.

Finally, curiousity got the better of him.

"What's all this with overthrowing the king? I suppose that's why you," he pointed at Hoodie-guy, "have your face plastered all over the streets. How are you so sure his son will help us all?"

Whirling around at the voice while notching an arrow, Arven pointed his bow at the pickpocket, arrowhead only inches from the fellows nose. He didn't want this guy making a break with HIS coin purse. He'd seen it a million times. The sneak starts with conversation, and while you're busy chatting like a girl fresh out of the academy, he skips off with your valuables. "Try to take anything, and I'll send this arrow straight down your......" Arven paused for a moment. The poor gent looked like he had been genuinely trying to say something. Hmph. He could tell, because the man was standing his ground. A thief caught in the act will usually make a run for it. Lowering his bow with a cautious smile, Arven placed his arrow back into its quiver. "What was that mate?" he asked politely, "You'll have to excuse me, as I seem to have cinderblocks for ears sometimes."

Sebastrian looked over at Arven, He smiled slightly. Replying in a whisper, "That's good. Well, you can join, Meet at the town hall at 7pm tonight and see who else is in this new group. I'll introduce myself there. If you can, spread the word for me, Okay?" He smiled more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sereth jumped across from his building and landed on the cafe with a sligt thump, looking over the crowds of people, his tail twitching slowly. He was awaiting for a guard to try to tell him to get down so he could have a good fight, but the guards here slacked off for him a lot.

"now hold on a minute" Merik grumbled, emerging from the shadows of the cafe wall. "Excuse me,Arven, but I have some business to take care of with this one." He turned to seb, crimson eyes bright with anger. "your stupidity cost me my post in my militia mate, gimmie one good reason I shouldn't put an arrow straight through your heart."

Something caught his eye, he turned, looking at sereth.

"Draco huh, haven't seen one of you before, heard of ya, never seen one. Well I have no business with you, but try something and ill clip your wings faster than you can say help."

He turns to Arden, his expression lightening a little, the rage seemingly replaced with sorrow.

"As you just heard, i've been relieved of my dutie. Your little friend here stole my tribute to Haradriel. I've got nowhere to go, and 17 arrows dyeing for targets."

Aedan looked on blankly at everything around him. It was just all so confusing. People trying to overthrow the king, Arrow-guy ganging up with Hoodie-guy, who's been ignoring all his questions about the wanted posters so far, and to top it all off, he had just narrowly escaped an arrow through his head. He felt quite faint.

"I don't even-" he replied Arven, then promptly collapsed on the ground.

Raising his eyebrows with mild surprise, Arven watched as the pickpocket crumpled to the ground, muttering something as he did. Blinking a few times, he walked up behind the fallen thief, placing his arms under the crooks of the unfortunate gents shoulders. With a slight grunt, Arven dragged the pickpocket up to a nearby wall, settling him into a seated position. The mans head lolled off to one side, mouth agape. He almost seemed content, drooling slightly as he was. Straightening himself, the archer brushed off his hands. He didn't want the timid fellow to get trampled on during his nap.

Walking back towards Merik and the hooded man, Arven crossed his arms, black hair tossing about lightly as a mild breeze passed. "He's not a friend. Merely a business partner." Arven explained to Merik. "Being a member of kings bane, you of all people should know that anyone resisting the king is a potential ally." Looking back to the hooded man with an unsure look, Arven sighed. Merik may have had his reasons for disliking this fellow, but Merik also reminded Arven that he should be more careful with his associates. This hooded individual could be a spy, for all they knew. Voicing this thought aloud, he added, "However.....you never know who you can trust these days." Reaching into his quiver, Arven deftly drew 10 arrows. He looked at them for a moment, as if saying a silent good-bye. Looking back to Merik, he offered the arrows to him. "Sounds like you could use a few more of these."

Merik looked at Arven, then at sebastrian, Sereth twitching as he did. He remebered Haradreil's words.
"the head of the thief, bring my his head, eslt dont come back at all." But Arven seems to trust this kid, at least to an extent. And he could always bring Haradreil the head of a beggar, he'd be putting them out of their misery anyway. Maybe he'd give this kid a chance.

"thanks", merik said taking the arrows. "I have to go clean up the mess I'm in with Haradreil. Text me more about this "group" when your meeting is done here."

Sereths eyes paused at Sebastrian in the crowd, his wings out stretching as he quickly flew up into the air, a small jet of wind caused because of it, he flew out of eyes sight for a moment and landed on another building, watching his partner but refusing to meet with him in public.

Seb looked over at Aedan, walking over to him and kneeling down, resting the hand that he had cut, which had now healed so no blood was pouring out, on the pickpockets head. "Hey... You okay? I never got to answer your questions... I'm sorry." He said, looking around and noticing the two bowmen talking to each other, wishing to himself that they were meaning no harm, then he proceeded to answering his questions. "Yes, the king does want my head because of my small guild. I want to over throw him because he's not a good king, he's a Tyrant. He kills anyone who steps out of line once his Guards capture them, no jail cell, no jury to say they're innocent. just slaughter. He even slaughters if you're a different race. And I know his son can rule better because I've seen it, he rules a small town in the east and he does things fairly." Seb breathed out, that sentence was a mouthful.

A man not even the age of 21 sits upon a rooftop in the city ,his name Rielo, His Purple eyes shown as the sun flashes across them. He looks down on the people inspecting them and pondering thoughts of what and who they could be, His black hair covering up one of his eyes. He wears a dress shirt with a vest and dress pants that seem to fit him comfortably. He chuckles a bit as he notices a man being put up against a wall after being punched in the gut, His smile going across his face as he leans back and lets a sigh escape from his lips his smile turning back to a normal yet serious face. He looks out across the land feeling a cold breeze go across his body he feels a bit uncomfortable sitting up here so he decides to get down. Rielo leaps down from the roof and begins to fall from the rooftops towards the floor, landing and rolling off the pressure of the fall. Being a small time Tracuer has helped enable him to be able to do such things as absorb the blows from high falls. He stands up straight as he joins the normal world of the people on the floor. Rielo then leans up against a wall looking for maybe an interesting person to talk to or maybe make friends since he is new here.
DragonEye.jpg

Merik sat at his post, waiting for a text from either arden or midori, pondering if a month of probation with no pay was worth his post in the militia. someone on a nearby rooftop caught his eye. He snuck closer. The person tread carefully, as if he was new around these parts. He seemed to be alone. Deciding what the best course of action would be, he shot an arrow a feww inches past his face. Startled, the man turned around. He seemed to be in his early 20s, with striking violet eyes. Merik looked at him with his trademark crimson eyes and sly smirk. "what are you doing on my rooftops?" He grumbled, his hand covering his mouth.

Sereth took a step towards Seb and then froze, noticing Merik on another roof top and paused, he smiled slightly and he dove once again into the air, landing on a rooftop near Merik to observe him quietly. I'll go back to Seb later, he's working and I need my fun... ​He thought to himself with a sly smile.

Rielo peered at the arrow then at the person who had shot it past him, His purple eyes fluctuate as he stares at Merik and goes to answer his question with a slow pause before he spoke. " I am just..breathing from your rooftops....i did not know that doing so was a...arrow worthy crime " He said with a slight chuckle at the end. Brushing his arm he crossed them into each other looking the man thoroughly up and down his purple eyes scanning as if they were a robots.

After conversing for a while Merik found that the newbie was in fact new to town. Reilo, as he called himself, wasn't that bad, actually reminding merik a bit of himself. He smiled a bit, then turned slightly to his side. He knew they were being watched, rather bemused by the idea that someone might actually try to sneak up on him. Sereth may have beeb stealthy to an average guard, but to Merik his wings were loud as helicopters. he lowerd his tone, speaking in a serious, almost chilling, tone.
"I've been hunting big game for the better part of ten years. you can step out the shadows slowly, or get shot out of them. I'm not stupid. I know you distrust me as much as i distrust you, and with good reason, I almost put my pride and joy through your buddy's heart" he said, looking at one of his serated arrows, but this one wasnt like the others. the shaft was a bright crimson instead of the average black. the tip was hollowed out and with a mix of distilled venoms from both a box jelly and a pufferfish. it didnt even need to hit a major vein to kill, a scrape on the arm, or wing, could do the trick.

Attachments

• gloves%20darker%20than%20black%20hei%20red%20eyes%20monochrome%.jpg
    gloves%20darker%20than%20black%20hei%20red%20eyes%20monochrome%.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 576540_590334017644923_1637038826_n.jpg
    576540_590334017644923_1637038826_n.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
Sereth saw the confliction and became even more interested, he smiled to himself and crept closer to see what was going on, his tail swaying slightly. He yawned to himself, noticing how the lack of attention towards him was getting worse, but he didn't mind that much.

Rielo's slides his hands into his pockets looking at the man who was speaking off into a distance which he didn't know what could of been there. He looks at the shadows then back at Merik and with his only polite gesture Rielo says " My name is Rielo if you wished to ever know " a smirk on his one of his purple eyes then being covered over by his black hair. " So who is this person you are addressing of distrust?" He stares intently trying to catch up to the whole situation as sometimes he over thinks things