Hunted-The Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
16lgylt.jpg
Aylene snapped her fingers as soon as Faith confessed her power, I knew it! Aylene thought to herself. While Faith had confessed that she was elemental, Aylene moved her eyes to the man who said that he was unique. After calculating chances in her head, Aylene came to the conclusion that he was also elemental, 100 % right, whether air or earth since she was fire and Faith was water. If he was indeed have power to control element, this encounter was more than an accident, it was set up on purpose. Aylene smiled and waved her hand, making small fire on tip of her finger which quickly disappeared.

"See that? I control fire. You, the stranger, you control whether air or earth, right?" Aylene could feel Aylana was grabbing her uniform tighter, trying to calm Aylene down and stop showing them her power. But, Aylene was sure that what she did wouldn't bring any harm, instead would reveal the reason behind her power. She never knew why and how, today she might have a slight chance to find the reason. If the government really looking for them, by staying close with them, it would make herself safer. Not only her, but also themselves. Three was better than one.

Valsted Kalana

Valsted kept a keen eye on the girl as she tried to hide something, seems like he might've been right all along. There were something odd about the two girls in front of him, seemingly as if they had the ability to protect others more than others. Perhaps the blonde haired girl might have something hidden underneath her sleeves. The question she asked him felt a bit similar to a old memory of his, when he discovered his power and wanted to tell his parents, but only to learn that they wanted a normal kid than someone with supernatural abilities.

"In a world full of just ordinary people, would you be reluctant to tell people that you have something special that no one else has? Would you even tell it to your closest ones, either to think of you as a gifted person or a monster?" His response seems to very closely resemble the one moment, where his mother mentioned that if they learn they he was special, they would think of him as some sort of strange, delusional monster rather than someone with a gift. His mother back as a child was a rocky one and she always forced him to do stuff that he didn't want, but after that one event, she became more friendly and accepting of his beliefs and future. "Sometimes, what you wish to happen will never come. And you will get something else, something that comes with a price." He finished his statement. His statement was soon met with the blonde girl performing a quick wave of her generated flame following it before being asked of him being a user of the elements.

"She gets it." The man said towards the red headed girl as a way the other girl understands the situation. Seems like he might have been right, both girl were, in some way, elemental users. This pleased Valsted rather nicely. This means that he's not the only one capable of controlling an element. Valsted held out his hand and focused, a small tremor started to quake around the area, not enough to cause any sort of damage around the area, after a little bit, a part of the ground broke apart in front of Valsted and floated up into the air. Valsted held it as demonstration as he can control an element too. "If you tell me, your secret will be safe with me. I promise." He said in a reassuring tone. His whole, terrifying act become more of an understanding one towards both girls as he learns more about them.

Faith somehow believed every word the man said. Looking down at the block of earth that had emerged from it's place, she decided to trust him. Also, Aylene could control fire, judging by the spark she had just made. Faith could feel her sister gasp as they both revealed themselves. She turned her attention to her sister who gave her an approving look. Turning around she smiled.

Faith stared both Aylene and the man in their eyes and then smiled while holding up her hand in front of her. With her palm facing the sky, she allowed water to suspend and settle in the palm of her hand. She looked down at her hand and dropped it, causing the water to fall in one slashing heap. "How long have you guys been able to control an element?" She questioned. "And do you go to our school? Im just wondering... i thought i've seen you around before." She directed at the man. As she got a closer look, she started to notice that he looked younger than before.

16lgylt.jpg
"We should do group hug since you guys find each other," Aylana suddenly became excited and hugged Aylene while her other free hand waving at other elemental users. Aylene put Aylana's hand and sighed, "Aylana, this is not the right time," Aylana frowned hearing her sister's words. She just so happy that Aylene wasn't the only one who could control elemental which means she wouldn't have to fight this world alone. But, Aylana knew her sister more than anyone so she just gave her a faint smile, tried to calm down and understand the situation more.

Now both of this new people had gained Aylene's trust a little bit. Their same condition brought Aylene closer to consider these people as friends. She looked at the man, "This little fire is my only secret," then looked at Faith, "I don't remember it exactly, but I'm sure I have it since I'm still a child and learned how to control it when I could walk and talk," Aylene brushed her hair and shifted back her eyes to the man, "So, stranger, do you mind telling us your name? I'm Aylene and this is my twin, Aylana," Aylana waved at the man and smiled, "Nice to meet you."

It was their big day! Finally, the four were about to venture into the common area, where the nobles resided. Charlotte and her team ventured into the foreign land that was once theirs. They couldn't believe that there was a city on ground, not underground like their home. Grave tugged on Charlotte's shirt, pointing to a skyscraper. Is that where they needed to go? Quickly, Charlotte gathered her friends and--

(obviously not what happened but k)

Zephyr closed the book, and took in a deep breath. Then, he pushed it into his bag and sighed. How did he ever read this book? This didn't seem interesting at all. It's almost as bland as the the way things are today. Well, the government is chasing him, not his entire family - maybe the only exiting thing was not to get caught by them. However, since the government is still looking, haven't found any of the magical beings they claim to have in the city. Zephyr was great at concealing his power, since it didn't need to be used often. Although, maybe his awkward personality gave him away.
He could somewhat hear the group that was talking over there behind the trees. They were talking about fire and water. Since the wind wasn't blowing hard enough, he could barely hear them.
Have you ever heard of something being carried by the wind? For Zephyr, this was very true for his ability, but it was very new to him. In this case, it was their words. As you can imagine, if there was no wind, those words could not travel.
Well, since it was none of his business, he decided to leave. He slowly stood up to avoid cracking his knees, and stretched. Grabbing his bag, he pivoted on his foot to turn the other way. They he took a few steps -- but he didn't get far before he slipped on mud. He let out a yelp of pain - he'd just sprained his ankle! If only Zephyr had the power to carry himself with the wind, he'd be alright. Zephr's face became twisted - he was now caked with mud. Yet, he was much more concerned with the students by the lake that might have heard him.

Valsted Kalana

Valsted happily smiled underneath his hood as the girl revealed her ability to control water. "Thank you for understanding." He said as he loosened his hood and put it down, revealing his young, energetic face. He gave a soft smile in his eyes to the girls. "It's good to see that i'm not the only one here with the ability to control an element. I guess this makes us a team then." He put down the levitating rock back into it's place. He walked a bit closer to the group to engage in their conversation.

"About when I could control earth?" He asked. "Well...I suppose it was when I was a kid. I learned it after fooling around with my hands, and all of a sudden, the ground rose before my command." He recalled. He doesn't remember much about that moment, but it was all he could remember. "I do not know how I got this power. It's all a mystery to me sadly." He sighed with his arms in the air. This whole 'How we got our element thing' has Valsted wondering more about how this happened and how he and the girls have the ability that no one else has. Was he born with that power, or did someone give it to him. But right now, it's best to not think about it and learn more about his allies.

"Aylene...And Aylana." Valsted said. "Twins huh? It's been a while since i've met someone new who were twins. It's nice to meet you." He happily said. "My name is Valsted. I live close here with my parents in a wooden shack. I was just leaving there as I make my escape from this town when I encountered you four." He said. He looked at the other two girls beside Aylene and Aylana. "And how about you two. What are your names?" He asked. Just then, he felt a vibration on the ground, a loud one, like someone fell to the ground. Valsted hesitated in surprise "Someone else is here." Valsted become more tense and scared. He put up his hood and tightened it. "I'll check it out. You four stay there until it's safe." He quickly left and rushed towards the vibration.

When he got there, he was a bit surprise to see someone in the mud, seems like this person twisted his ankle and has mud all over his face. Valsted walked over to him and got a closer look at him. He looks like he is about the same age as him. Could he be someone from school too? "Seems like you are having a bad day." He said to the man. "Do you need help?" He extended his hand to the man as to help someone who can't seem to move thanks to his twisted ankle. He might be able to get up with his other feet that isn't twisted and he walk him somewhere where he will be fine, he could try to take him to a hospital, but that would risk him being exposed and possibly be captured by the government. What should Valsted do at this point?

Faith slowly approached the figure on the ground. The fact that he was covered in mud could have been found comical to any normal person, but to faith, he might've heard their conversation.

Her sister's hand stopped her from going on. "Faith, didnt you hear what he said, we need to stay here." She complained. Faith looked at her sister before finally giving in to her pleas.

"Fine." She said. Although she couldn't help but worry for him. What if it was someone that worked for the government. Then they would take him away. Although she knew that if that happened, she would want to go and retrieve him. On the other hand, she wondered about the air element. If fire, earth, and water were already here, than it must be only a matter of time before air shows up. Could that guy be the air element.

She thought for a long while before finally looking at her sister with a pleading gaze. "Fine, you can go, but remember, i told you not too." She said with a sigh. Acting like the youngest, she smiled happily and slowly followed Valsted.

Last edited by a moderator:
16lgylt.jpg
Valsted. Faith. Aylene. There were finally three out of four elements gathered. Though she didn't know which side were they, at least Aylene could trust them for now. Aylene was sure there was someone not far from them, one had shown himself, while other one was still hidden until Valsted felt someone was here as well, just like her thought. When Valsted volunteered himself to check it out and asked the four of them to stay, Aylene nodded for she didn't want to leave her sister behind or brought her to danger.

Aylene waited while playing with little fire. Since no one here except them and that new stranger, Aylene didn't care to show her power. Valsted was gone for several minutes before Faith decided to follow him, "I'll stay here with the sisters, someone needs to watch them when you guys were gone, right?" she said to Faith before she vanished into the trees. Aylene took a seat beside the lake and daydreaming, waiting for those people to come back. While Aylene sitting in silent, Aylana decided to have a chat with Amanda. Maybe they could find many similarities since they both had elemental sisters.

Apparently, Zephyr really was found out. The bushed rustled yet again and out came a figure, approaching him. He'd felt a twinge of fear strike him, although it was very faint. It still did not change the fact that he was now fearful for his life - even if he didn't show it.
Finally, he could see the figure. It looked no more than a teen about his age. Zephyr let out an exhale full of relief. He decided to smile, since the boy was offering to help a coward like himself.
The boy asked if he needed help. If that meant going to a hospital to help it out, he'd decline. The five didn't know it, but Zephyr was an Air Element. He didn't know if any of the three of five people were the other elements either, so he wasn't about to take his chances. If he'll be taken to the hospital against his will...
Instead, the boy held out his hands, offering to help. Zephyr gladly took his hand and struggled to stand. He balanced on his other unaffected foot and wiped off the mud from his clothes.
"It ruined my clothes," Zephyr sighed. "Oh well. Thank you for helping me. I was just passing by."
Zephyr wanted to get out of here as fast as possible, but with a sprained ankle, he couldn't ride his bike or walk home. It's silly to hop on one foot home. Well, he could always call his parents to come pick him up.
In the time it took to grab his phone from his pocket, he saw another coming up to them. Was she going to question him? He wasn't good at lying...

"Are you alright?" Faith asked. Snickering, she put her hands on her hips and looked on curiously. He is drenched in mud and looks somewhat disoriented. It is only when she looks down at his ankle that she stops laughing. even though he's on one foot, his other leg is bent in an awkward position. From there, its not hard to tell that all his weight is being put on that one foot.

Her eyes widen as she walks towards him to get a better look. "That... doesn't look normal." She says, stating the obvious. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen any broken bones. In fact, she had never broken a bone herself, but her grandmother was a doctor and showed her pictures of her work frequently. "I think that you should go see a doctor." She requests. "Or i could take you to my gr-" The urgent rustle of leaves stop her in mid sentence. Confused, she looks around to pinpoint the location but there are too many. It is then that she realizes that it is impossible for them to belong to her sister, Aylene, and Aylana.

Wiping her head around, she hears muffled screams and sprints towards the clearing where the others just were. Unfortunately, she should have taken the wilderness survival camp that her grandfather had offered so long ago, because now, her sister is no where in sight. And Faith has no clue how to track them. She hears shouts and begins to run after them, not caring if Valsted is following or not. But soon, they disappear completely, only leaving her surrounded by and empty forest.

16lgylt.jpg
Time went by, but they haven't come back yet. Aylene stood up and dusted her skirt from dirt, looking at the sisters who was happily talking about things she never heard. She wanted to approach them but then she heard something ruffled among the trees. The sisters looked at her in shock, another person here, but they didn't know who. Too many people came here, things started to be dangerous and suspicious. Putting her finger to her mouth to make the sisters kept quiet, Aylene approached the sound. Her sweat ran to her nervous face as she walked closer to it. A small fireball formed on her hand behind her back, just in case, she needed to attack.

"Who's there?" she asked lowly, keeping herself as calm as she could. No answer. "I know you're there!" Still no answer. Seeing that maybe she was just paranoid, Aylene threw the fireball to the lake and turned her body to the sisters, "I think no one-- Ahh!" Right after she turned her body, a man came out of nowhere, grabbing her on neck while another man came out and grabbed the sisters. One of them took a cellphone, "We get one, Sir," Aylene struggled in his big arm, while the sisters tried to free themselves too. In anger, Aylene formed fire swirling around her body which burnt the man's suit. He quickly let her go and tried to extinguish the fire. Aylene looked at the other man who didn't seemed panicking, she made fireballs that flew around her and ready to threw it but hesitating because she was afraid she would harm the sisters.

When Aylene tried to think a strategy, she didn't know that the man who grabbed her before was right behind her and electrocuted her, making her faint and fell to the ground, "AYLENE!!" Aylana shouted as she saw her sister's body shaking and fell, "Great, we need to take her to boss," said the man who grabbed the sisters, but the other man shook his head, "The other elements are also here, but we can't bring everyone. She will bring them to us if we take this girls as bait," he looked at his friend and walked away. Aylana's eyes filled with fear as she felt electricity ran into her body. Her vision slowly became blur and in no time everything was dark.

Valsted Kalana

Valsted helped the man up to his legs and took a glance around the area. He has a faint, yet subtle feeling that they are being watched. Valsted didn't like this and wanted to get the others out of this area. Just then, he felt more vibrations. However they were close to where the others were, outside of him and the controller of water. Valsted wanted to say something regarding the vibrations he felt, but he didn't have time before the vibrations struck again at the other's location and then screams were to be heard right after. However, these vibrations would be bigger than the last one, meaning that something was going down.

"This is not good." Valsted said. Realizing that the girls may be in danger. Without hesitation, Valsted carries the injured man on his back in a piggyback style and follows the girl back to where the others were with the girl. They were too late. All three girls were gone. Meaning that someone got them, and Valsted had a feeling it was the government.

"This is my fault." Valsted looked down in sadness. "Had I told them not to stay here, they would still be here with us." Valsted felt a bit of remorse for the missing girls. Aylene, Aylana, and the girl's friend. Valsted tried to track down their location using the vibrations of the earth. He scanned the area far and wide to find them. If they went missing about a minute ago, he can surely catch on to their location near him. Luckily, there was a vibration or two not too far from here. Valsted then while extending his right arm out and using most of his power to his left arm to keep the man in his back and pointed towards the northwest direction, where he felt the vibrations.

"Our kidnappers are that way. If we chase after them, we can catch up to them and save them." He said to the girl. He went ahead towards that direction, hoping to get to them before it was too late. He said back to the man on his back as he was running. "Listen, I do apologize for dragging you into this, but once we get everything fixed, we'll try to get you somewhere safe." He also wanted to ask him another question too, a curious question if he was another controller of the elements. But that was the last thing on his mind right now.

Faith continued running, despite the burning sensation that had formed in her legs. She had no idea how she was going to explain to her grandparents how her sister got kidnapped on her watch. She wouldn't even be able to explain to her why they were out so late to curfew... if they ever made it back. But guilt drove her on, and rage and adrenaline wasn't to far behind. She couldn't help but feel like they should have taken her instead if her sister. Now, Amanda would be hooked up to tubes like lab rat. They'll take a sample of her blood, but by the time they find out she's only a human, she'll be sick. Or maybe they already know she's not an elemental. Maybe they're using her as bait to draw the rest of them towards the place.

"We can't just go into this blindly." She paused to get more air in her lungs. "We don't know what they have exactly. Plus, we're seriously outnumbered."

In her mind, she ran every possible thing to do in her head. But that was kind of hard, due to the fact that splitting up might not be such a good idea. She didn't know how much water was in the place, or if it was even easily accessible.

The air changed as they came into view of something sinister. A massive grey building stood in the middle of a huge clearing just ahead. Faith could see a lot of guards at the entryway, and even more patrolling the perimeter of the clearing. There was a huge barbed wire enclosing the entire building and on the left, there looked to be a gate that trucks were coming in and out of. It looked as if they had killed all of the grass due to the lack of green inside the barbed wire. Glancing at the males, she slowly sighed. She knew for a fact that her sister was either in that building, or close to it.

16lgylt.jpg
Aylene still blacked out when the men brought her to somewhere she never went before. When she was finally conscious, Aylene ssaw that she was in some kind of empty room. She was alone, her sister was no where in sight. The room smelled like hospital, she knew it best for her parents often brought her to hospital for Aylana's monthly check. Aylene panic and tried to slam the door while shouting her sister's name, but no one seemed to answer her. Aylene tried to burn the door with her fire, but it stayed still with nothing happened to it. Aylene assuming that this room made from material that can't be burnt. They might have prepared for this.

Nothing that Aylene could do for now. Sometimes she would try to slam the door again, waiting for someone to come in, but no one came. She finally sat down with her knees wrapped by her arms, waiting for something that might happen to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.