Hunt Down The Dino

V

VoodooJazz

Original poster
( OOC note: I'm new to this platform, and I am also somewhat new to DM'ing sessions, so I might make a mistake here and there! So do forgive me in advance. xP )

Standing before you is a tall human man whose clothing looks entirely royal to you, a jewelled golden crown resting atop his head, buckled over with black and white breeches, a warm coat of camel's hair, and most strangely enough he is wearing studded gloves of a grey synthetic material stretched out by his hands and a reflective red and white scarf that covered the bottom part of his face, from the neck to his nose, as a result, you could not easily see his lips and his subtle expressions.
A nest for his crown reveals his well-trimmed dark hair and a sort of strange complexity to his facial figures, his expression being hard to tell without sight of his lips, only seeing the wrinkled and raised cheeks and the piercing eyes staring down at you; this was a king who stood in front of you.

He stands tall, giving you a pleased look, you take your time to gaze around a bit, taking in the surroundings of a well-lit room made of wood and wool; of green and brown. Intricate details could be found in every trivial spot showing depictions of historical figures and gods. The touch of quality you assume could only have been made by the best woodcarvers in the land.

Looking up, you see green-tinted glass bobbles hanging on thin strings which are hung by wooden loops with man-made wood grains, specifically made to look like roots that encompass the bottom part of a tree. Looking in front of you once more, the man remains but you also pay more attention to his table that separated you and himself, the surface of it seemed entirely flat, which held fancy books, dark inkwells, a gilded globe on a far corner with a golden sextant laid next to that globe, and in front of him is an unlit incense carrier which is also right next to the lit candles, with a piece of parchment that's under the candles, the wax had melted most of what was written.

A look to the left side you could also see a billboard-like wall which hung a collection of watches, all of them uniquely different in their silver and golden chassis, all ticking in unison and at exactly the same time, the short arm of the clock pointing down at an upside-down "VI" and the long arm was pointing in-between "VIII" and "IX"; thinking about it all, the atmosphere certainly felt like being in an asymmetric jungle full of treasures and wonderful artistry. It was very much obvious that this man was indeed very rich.

And as you begin taking in this epic atmosphere... You also begin to realize that you also have no idea of where you are, when you are, how and why are you even here at all... Even the costume or clothes you usually wear were on you right now, yet the king doesn't seem to pay any mind of what you have, even if the esthetic design is not medieval at all.
Not even to what race you are if you are anything other than a human, memories of your past are the same as always, everything seems to be in check about your past, but you can't seem to fill in the gap between your last normal memory and then being here all of a sudden, this fact boggles your mind a bit, as it does not make sense to you.
Yet before you could protest anything. The King in front of you began to speak for the first time, his voice having a confident and smooth tone, standing up from his chair and seemingly holding out a piece of rolled-up parchment to you, sealed in a fancy sealing wax with an emblem that you do not recognize.

"Now, Hunter. You have proved to be quite capable; your knowledge of this beast is also quite promising." the king stated to you, he seemed to encompass a form of respect that you do not remember earning from him, and before you could react, he speaks once more.

"If you require trivial assistance... Then you may show them the contents of this scroll, it is also the summary of your signed contract, with my proof of approval in the form of a signature. With this, most of my people will give whatever you need free of charge. After all, they'll most gladly want to help you with this endeavour. And I have faith that you'll be the one to break this... Tragic cycle.".
He finishes before putting the parchment on your side of the table, or into your open hand if you passively took it at that moment.
He then sits himself back on his creaky wooden chair, casually stretching out his arms with a slight grunt, adding an additional comment with a surprisingly grim tone in his voice

"Now, go on Hunter. I'd hate it if I had to repeat myself now... And if you lied about all of this, then you might as well admit it now; The old dungeons below are quite low on customers at the moment. And I'm sure the creature down there would love to add you to its collection. But, you shouldn't be afraid about that if your virtue is indeed on the mark. Ha, now, chop-chop; you've taken enough time from me than you might think, the watches show proof of our time spent."
He waves his hand out to you and points at the door and then relaxes back on his chair
"I wish you only good luck now, Hunter."
Adding his last and watching you expectantly.

You could tell that he was very confident that whatever you said was the truth, and that you were capable of... Whatever this mission was. It seems as if the last part of what he said was meant just to tease you, though he does not seem to have any initial suspicions about your credibility as this "Hunter".
Right now, it seems that perhaps in whatever deal you just made, you had fortunately found consciousness exactly when the conversation came to a close.

With the king's sealed parchment in hand, you look behind yourself to see the door, pointed by the fact that this was the exit from his meeting room.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I send this one his simple regards"

-Dust Genie

Still looking! Though, I might have been a little busy lately, I hope that il be able to consistently acquire a creative touch to the role-play