Hunger Games: Begin

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"When I'm better," Lirin repeated sarcastically. In truth, he didn't know when that would be. Closing his eyes as he struggled to get rid of the image of the tribute he had killed, not wanting to remember the look he had had on his face as he took his last breath. Forcing the thoughts down, looking green again, he sighed softly, shaking his head.

Areiz stared quietly at the ground, despair rising up. In this condition..there's no way we'll survive. We have the supplies..but we can't kill others. There's ten- A cannon rang loudly, a second one following. "Eight." She breathed quietly. Eight people..killers..gamepieces..Game pieces. No. A sudden determination swept across her eyes. "I won't be a game piece." She told herself silently.

Lirin had thrown up again, though there wasn't much left in his stomach. Moving away from the discolored pile, he sat next to Areia, trying to be comforting though he was still feeling shaky. Resting his head against the bark of a tree, he groaned, fingernails digging into his palms as he heard the mechanical call of one of the Capitol's birds flew overhead. "I don't know if I can do this anymore," he told her truthfully.

Areiz stood up and started making a shelter from the tree branches, just as she had by the river. When she had finished, she placed her bag there and pulled her jacket on, stepping out of the shelter. "I'll be back. I'm going to get extra water." She said, holding up a canteen she'd gotten from the archer girl. She left without another word, but held her whistle up slightly as a reminder.

Lirin nodded numbly, before getting to his feet. Hollowly, he reached down to gather Areia into his arms, picking her up. Taking her to the shelter, he set her down, so she wouldn't be in the sun anymore. Sitting down on the ground in front of it, he sighed again, biting the inside of his cheek.

Areiz went off towards the river. She knelt beside it, dipping the canteen in and listening to the quiet swishing of it filling. When it finished, she stood up. -Bang- Another canon. Another?..God..they'll be coming for us soon.. She winced at the thought and walked towards the camp again, a full canteen in her hand. She'd left the bow and arrows with Lirin, but she'd brought her knife, which was gripped tightly in her free hand. Seven people left.. She winced again. If the death count continued this way, they'd be facing the best fighter in two days. We need more time..or more supplies..both.. She sighed as she reentered the camp and sat by Lirin under the shelter. "Water?" she asked, offering him the canteen. She avoided the topic of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.