Hunger Games, Anyone?

If I even start this, how should I start it?

• Just start from the beggining of the actual games to keep it simple.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Start with the players arriving at Panem, training is the fun part!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • nah sorry not interested in this at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysty

♡ vast and brilliant. ♡
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Usually in the evenings and late at night.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Definitely fantasy, anything with magic, sci-fi, apocalyptic, occasionally modern/slice of life depending on the plot.
So I just finished re-watching Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and it's put me in a hunger games mood, low-key have been working on some stuff for a roleplay but I want to make sure people are actually interested before I get to work on the actual thread.

The roleplay would take place outside of canon events, meaning there would be no Katniss, no Peeta, Haymitch, etc. The rebellion would never happen, or this would take place before the actual canon events, and I may tweak some canon things for the sake of the roleplay, or me being lazy and not wanting to do research.

The only tricky thing would be that, eventually, this rp would end up being narrowed down to only a few people and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Because, technically, everyone would end up dying with the exception of the victor. I wouldn't know how to close, or even start, the roleplay. Would I start with the reaping, or the actual games? I'm such an overthinker smh. Each player would get the choice of playing two or three (depending on how I want to approach this) characters; two tributes and a mentor.

But the real question is: Is anyone interested in a Hunger Games roleplay?

• Love
Reactions: Justin
I'm in and I say start from the beginning with them being picked and everything.

I'm in and I say start from the beginning with them being picked and everything.
That's honestly what I was leaning more towards, I just don't know how I'd play it out since there'd be twelve different districts, and then herding everyone to the capitol. xD

I personally would say start immediately after The Reaping where everyone is being shipped off for Training. That would allow introduction posts to be on the way there and allow the group to meet up with each other relatively soon.

Reactions: Mysty
I personally would say start immediately after The Reaping where everyone is being shipped off for Training. That would allow introduction posts to be on the way there and allow the group to meet up with each other relatively soon.
That's probably the easiest option, if people want to include The Reaping experience then they can squeeze it into their first posts. :o

Yeah, I forgot that an rp XD, can't do everything exact but I will just have the reaping in my intro post^^ xD.

Reactions: Mysty and Shambles
That's probably the easiest option, if people want to include The Reaping experience then they can squeeze it into their first posts. :o
Exactly! Which, also.... interested. Bwahaha. I figured I should say that. If you need help with figuring out game mechanics, I love random number generators (like the nerd I am), and I'd be willing to help you come up with something.

Yeah, I forgot that an rp XD, can't do everything exact but I will just have the reaping in my intro post^^ xD.
Exactly! Which, also.... interested. Bwahaha. I figured I should say that. If you need help with figuring out game mechanics, I love random number generators (like the nerd I am), and I'd be willing to help you come up with something.
So I'll continue working on it, two people is enough of an encouragement for me. xD

And I'll message you if I get stuck on anything, thank you! ^^

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Seems like I'm just following @The Mad Squeen everywhere, haha. The games were always my favorite part of the books/movies and I'd definitely be interested in something like this.

Reactions: Mysty
Seems like I'm just following @The Mad Squeen everywhere, haha. The games were always my favorite part of the books/movies and I'd definitely be interested in something like this.
Rad. c: I'll let you guys know when the thread is up, but I can't make any promises that it'll be tonight.

Rad. c: I'll let you guys know when the thread is up, but I can't make any promises that it'll be tonight.
No rush from me. I'm about to head to bed anyway.

Yeah, it's 1a.m. here just got a few posts to post for me and then bed XD

I should probably be heading to bed soon since I have orientation in the morning, but then again, I'm getting a second wind and will end up hating myself in the morning. xD

I'd be interested - only thing, though, people aren't going to want to lose, you know? So how would we kill off each others' characters? There would have to be some sort of, ah... "admin intervention" if that makes any sense. Someone to flip a coin and see who wins.​

Status
Not open for further replies.