Humanity's last hope is a bunch of teenage Dragon Riders?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, so many entries xD!
(I'm lovin it!)

YFF89Uq.jpg

"Ehehe..."

Name:
Yaya

Sexuality:
Unknown

Appearance:
Yaya is a mere 1.39 metres tall and has a very tiny and slender figure.

Personality:
Yaya is kind of dumb and klutzy, contrary to Situ Bi's wise aura. She knows rather little and often confuses one thing for another.
She comes off as disobedient and stubborn, making decisions then sticking to them almost permanently. It is very difficult to sway her, and even Situ Bi claims that it is somewhat difficult, following this by 'you must know that nothing is impossible'.
She has a sweet side and cares for others. Although, she uses her heart too much and her head too little.

The Xiang

Dislikes
:
Wearing clothing
Being away from Situ Bi
Strangers
Discipline

Color:
Yellow

Dragon:
Situ Bi
(However, if you feel that your Dragon is compatible with Yaya's Core backstory, do tell me)

History:
Yaya was an orphan who lived in the rural parts of China. She had to farm all by herself at the age of 6. However, one day, while chasing a rabbit who stole her crops, she got lost in some woods, only to be found by a black, tortoise-like creature who introduced himself as 'Situ Bi'. He decided to have a little chat with the girl and soon learned that she was an orphan, and thus thought that he would adopt her.
He brought her into his village, where his kind, the Xiang, 'dragons' that took the form of the four guardian symbols, lived. It was a nice utopia-like place filled with peaceful animalistic warriors.
At some point in her life, she outgrew her clothes and ditched them, being as bare as the rest of the Xiang.
Situ Bi taught her the ways of Gongfu when she reached 10. When she was 13... it was time.

Extra:
She says that she is one of the Xiang, and in turn, is a dragon.
She often mentions herself in third person.
Yaya is the adoptive daughter of Situ Bi, but she believes that he is her real father.
oa8Oawv.png

"What is the true meaning of life, you ask? What is your true meaning, that is the real question."

Name:
Situ Bi

Nickname:
Situ Bi the Wise One

Sexuality:
Straight

Dragon Appearance:
latest

Situ Bi is a black-hued tortoise-like creature with a snake-like tail, much like a chimera or Nue. From snout to end of his shell, he is 10 metres long, while the tail is 15 metres long. He wears an Asian conical hat.

Powers:
His main breath ability is water-breath and its advanced version, ice-breath.
He possesses a hard, defensive shell, as well as a serpentine tail with vision and a sharp bite.
He can control water in many ways, and an extension of this ability granted him flight.

Human Appearance:
He is 1.35 metres tall in his human form and resembles a young boy. He looks younger than the picture depicted above.

Personality:
Situ Bi is a wise tortoise who values all life. He tends to speak words of wisdom as a form of motivation for his peers.
He is very disciplined, and some might say that he is 'no-fun'. Well, it is true that he hides his fun side, but that does not mean that he cannot show it from time to time.
He is somewhat bound by his cultures and traditions, unwilling to defy them. However, he might sometimes feel that he must.

Values
Wisdom
Yaya

Dislikes:
Being away from Yaya
Going against tradition and values

Voice Color:
Dark Blue

Rider:
Yaya
(However, if you have a Rider with a backstory compatible with Situ Bi, do tell.)

History:
Situ Bi was said to be a wiseman among the Xiang, a bizarre race of Oriental Dragons. He provided the Xiang with great wisdom acquired during his journeys.
One day, he stumbles upon a young girl whom he later names Yaya. He raises her as one of the Xiang, teaching her the ways of the Xiang, such as martial arts and values.

Extra:
FourSpiritualCreatures.png

Situ Bi is the member of the Xiang race, a race of Oriental dragons with rather wide plumage and a natural knack for Chinese martial arts. Xiang babies resemble chrome-hued grub-like creatures. No matter their parents, when they grow, they will mature into one of these four dimorphisms at the age of 13 human years - Qinglong, Zhuque, Baihu and Xuanwu. They are ruled by the Xiang Emperor, Emperor Huanglong. The Xiang take pride in values and martial arts. In ancient times, they were responsible for coronating human kings.

Situ Bi is a Xuanwu, a tortoise-like Xiang with authority over water. Despite his tortoise-like shape, he is actually kind of fast.

In Xiang Culture, it is a taboo to take the form of a human, at it is seen as 'deception'.

Situ Bi treats and accepts Yaya as his real daughter.
@Crow So, I accept these, but just as a small question about Yaya (well technically this applies to both dragon and rider).
You talked about some sort of village? I take it that this is different from the South American jungle setting, or is it the same with just a bit more information on it (either way is fine by me, I was just wondering mostly so that I know whether or not she was raised alongside the other riders or not)?

Rider CS:

Name: Kusanagi Tenzen
Nickname: K
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:
smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002.jpg~c200

Despite his slender frame he is actually quite strong. Although not as strong as some of the others he is also very quick and agile, making up for what he lacks in strength.

Personality:
Kusanagi has always been quite playful and always enjoying himself regardless of the situation which has caused some tension between the others. Always joking and never taking anything serious as it seems, but he always gets the job done. He just likes to take enjoyment in battle and the completion of the obstacles before him. While he thinks the others don't understand it, he never opens up about this feeling which allows some miscommunication but he doesn't mind.

He has always been very intelligent, quickly seeing through lies and deception. Kusanagi is naturally observant of how things unfold around him although. He is able to solve problems efficiently even though he likes to play around while doing it. This has been a useful trait when trying to locate animals or some of the others while traversing in the jungle. He developed it while sneaking off into the jungle at night to explore, always looking for new animals or plants. While growing up with the others he noticed how the others acted when telling the truth and when they lied, always taking notes and seeing if he could poke holes through their theory. He has gotten quite good at it and can tell when someone is trying to lead him on or manipulate him.

Kusanagi is quite distrusting when it comes to humans. He believes that only dragons tell the truth so he prefers the company of dragons to that of the others he lives with. While not openly talking about it, it's clear enough by how absent he always is and how can always be found somewhere near the dragons quarters. He is either hanging out with them or checking up on them but never really disturbing them so he can build trust. He knows not to push the boundaries of the dragons and respects them so they allow him to be there. That has causing some resentment with others who are not as able to gain the trust of the dragons.

He is quite upfront which some people hate. He understands social ques and he knows what the proper response is but he can't help himself from either correcting someone or confronting them regardless of the situation. That sometimes gets him into trouble with the others he grew up with. He will hold is tongue if he likes you or respects you such as the Great Dragon Ryo. Usually you can gauge how much he likes you by how rude or brash he is being towards you.

Likes/Dislikes:
+ dragons, solving puzzles, jokes, black humor, cute women, tall places, small cute animal, competition, risks, danger

- lies, most people, abusive riders, orders, very serious people, strict humor, cowards,
Color:
Magenta
Dragon:

Dione
Extra:

Kusanagi remembers nothing about his family, preferring to think that he never had one and he was born with the people he grew up with even if he knows that's not true.

( I can change the color if it's a problem to read or anything )
@Akatsuki Gremory
Accepted! And your color is great on my screen!

Rider CS:

Name: Penelope de Chastaine
Nickname:
Penny / Lopey / 'Clickster'
Sexuality:
Lesbian (but hasn't come out yet)

Appearance:
tumblr_n0wsbjcque1tpupewo1_400_zpscnyrviim.jpg~original

166cm / 58kg / athletically built / orange-red hair / blue eyes / pale skin / left-handed but ambidextrous / wears mostly bright coloured skimpy tops and long skirts and colourful accessories, but no shoes.

Personality:

~ Quiet and Thoughtful, but facial Expressions reveal a lot of her inner being
~ Quick to laugh and quick to cry, but Empathic and very Considerate
~ Awkward and Stares a lot, but doesn't mind if others laugh at her Quirky Actions
~ Rarely Gets Angry, but expresses Frustration and Anger in her Sketchbook
~ Makes a repetitive and sometimes annoying clicking noise out the side of her mouth when thinking but witll stop when called out... then starts tapping her foot or something else
~ Dresses very girly and smiles a lot at the boys... but admires the girls when no ones looking

Likes: Drawing, making flower arrangements, thinking at the river's edge, throwing things (she has a powerful throwing arm and is alarmingly accurate!), swimming, colourful clothes, flying/riding, eating meats, the rain.

Dislikes: Loud noises, too much talk (though she's a good listener), creepy bugs (but for some reason she is okay with spiders), manual labour, mean people (suck!), too much heat, eating all her veggies, wearing shoes.

Color: Orange at the very top!!^^!!

Dragon: Chastaine~~<3!!

Extra: ~Will update as we go!!~

<~~<~>~~>

Dragon CS:

Name: Chastaine
Nickname: Chaza
Sexuality
: Demisexual

Dragon Appearance:
1990596_zpszcbayzzs.jpg~original

Gigantic. No really. She is HUUUUUUGE~~!! If a dragon is a fighter plane, Chastaine is their aircraft carrier. Being a Space Dragon, she may not touch the ground nor water, but she may use her tail to anchor herself to the earth or scoop water. She may only be grounded/swim while in human form.

Powers:
Breathes a scintillating cosmic mist, coloured like her human hair, that she may use to hide those behind it as if they are invisible; non-dragons do not even see the mist. Only dragons' eyes may see the mist, so it is in effect useless to dragons as an invisibility cloak and used best only as a smokescreen. Note that it is however, like Volatile Acid to Non-Space Dragons yet to non-dragons it feels like fog/vapour.

The immense swirlling disk upon her back allows her to teleport herself and those upon her body. She may only use this ability twice per day. Basically the power acts as a 'there and back' useage. The distance is limitless. BUT!! She must have travelled to that location before.

She has mind control over the mist she breathes out her mouth; able to shape it and position it at will. But like other Space-Dragons after 3 uses of breath and manipulation, she must spend a full day 'eating' air and radiant light.

Human Appearance:

5b18b5f654eeb60629b1b06a35147d00_zpsxvlbiugo.jpg~original

200cm / 85kg / graceful and finely muscled build / shifting blue to violet with bright pink highlight hair / swirling violet / pink marbled eyes / right-handed / mostly wears simple but elegant white gowns; shawls, scarves, serongs as coloured accents. No shoes.

Personality:
~ Has an air of Haughtiness and Arrogannce, but she is not vain nor self-centred
~ Pushes Penny hard and Scolds her a lot!, but only because of the gravity of the situation; save the world!
~ Rather Talkative, but still full of good advice... once you weed through all those words... All. Those. Words... all of them...!
~ Combat-Oriented and Military Smarts, but still takes time to pause and appreciate artistic endeavors.
~ Becomes Cold and Quiet and rather Standoffish when upset; and very violent when she is Angry, but afterwards when calm she will become rather Kind and even sweet. BUT! That Sweetness lasts not long and when it ends its rather abrupt.
~ Loyal, Tough and Gruff, but inwardly she cannot help but feel deep sorrow for what the state of the world has made her become. Never will she lay eggs only to raise her offspring in this terrible terrible world. Ever. Never again.

Likes: Combat, training/teaching, lecturing/correcting, order and organization, gazing back into the skies day or night, meditation, problen-solving, squishing things violently, storms, flight, babies and younlings, artsy stuff.

Dislikes:
Sitting still, being interrupted, jokes/pranks, public displays of affection, Penny's lack of physical fortitude, waiting for Penny to wake up, watching humans eat food or drink (Chaza 'eats' air and sun/starlight) wearing clothes (absolutely refuses to wear shoes), spiders.

Voice Color: Blue! 2nd from the top~~!!

Rider: Penelope.

Extra: will add more after discussion and IC updaters!

<~~<~>~~>

Hey-hey!!^^

So there are muh girlies ;D took me a while cuz ughs...! Computer is slowly dying so had to do this on muh phone and it took me a looooooong time to figure out stuffs. >,<!! Sooooooo like let me know what changes are needed? Okay? 'Kay!! ;333~~

Accepted!
And yes, so many girllsss...

Now, I'm gonna quickly reserve a dragon spot real quick-like, alrights?
(ah, @sleepingxdragon , I'll send you the CS and let you decide if you want my dragon to partner with your rider, since he seems to lonely, kay?)

Situ Bi raised her in a place outside of South America, Asia to be more exact, since he felt that since he wanted to raise a daughter like he would his own child, it would be best to raise her in his home village in the Xiang Village within China's wilderness.

So yes, Yaya was raised seperately from the other Riders.

He is the only Xuanwu to learn flight, so he can just fly there and be mistaken for a UFO if any human spots him.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
♥♥~~Accepted~~♥♥!!

Awesomes, thanks @Raven Haruka ^^ Kay so just checking:

Penny, K and Al grew up together and Yaya just flew over?
And all dragons know each other right?

Just checking cuz imma add to.muh charrie sheets both Penny and Chastaines thoughts about the others then? Is that cool? Imma add them under the Extra section. Cools O,o??

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom
You're welcome ^^

...maybe, I think so? I'm not too sure, but I'm assuming that's the case...?
And all the dragons should at least have heard of the others, if they weren't living in the same area as said dragon before...
(that makes sense, right?)

Oh, and you can go ahead and make a small relationships section if you want, you don't have to put it in the extra tab (unless you want to, which in that case that's totally fine with me)

Well, Situ Bi is some 'Odin the Wanderer' type of Wanderer. Maybe he could meet a migrating dragon during his ventures prior to the 'children whisked away' incidents.

@Crow kay so I guess we can say Chastaine and Situ Bi know of each other then if that's cool.^^

@Raven Haruka right then. I'll just make a new 'Relations' heading then.

That is a good idea, considering how he often ponders about the universe and stuff.

Sooooooooo... like I guess Situ Bi (my phone keeps autocorrecting to: 'Situation Big' xDDDD♥-♥ ) is gunna have to translate for Yaya (autocorrect: Tartar xDDDDD~~) since she speaks Chinese and we speak... Spanish? Portuguese? O_o??

HOLA!!/OLA!! ^-^!!

...ooooohhhhh!! Or like is there a 'common dragon language' we can all speak together?! Maybe?!

There's a language barrier? I never really thought about a language barrier. I was thinking that dragons would know a universal dragon language.

There's a language barrier? I never really thought about a language barrier. I was thinking that dragons would know a universal dragon language.

Yeah-yeah I was thinking that the dragons would teach our teenies to speak it too. Telepathy would be the best. So cooooools.. but ya know... muh Space-Dragon would have just mind controlled Penny and all that ^-^'

Oh, I also forgot about the language barrier xD

So, since I really like these ideas, I'll just let you guys choose (or we can do both, since I'm not being very original) we can use the idea of a universal dragon language...the dragons can know the language(s) of their nation, but the kids might not!

OR

Dragons could still have their own language, but since riders & dragons have a special bond, they can communicate telepathically together. This is basically the same thing as above, with the whole dragons knowing human languages and kids not, but, you know, telepathy.

(hahaha, aren't I just so evil? Of course if your dragon wants to they could be able to teach their child the human languages, but the dragon language would be their 'native' language)

(Since I'm a nice person and all, credit for these ideas should go to @Boo Girlie BoomBoom )

If the humans were caught and raised by dragons for 10 years or so, why wouldn't they know dragon speech? Some of it at least.

Oh, I also forgot about the language barrier xD

So, since I really like these ideas, I'll just let you guys choose (or we can do both, since I'm not being very original) we can use the idea of a universal dragon language...the dragons can know the language(s) of their nation, but the kids might not!

OR

Dragons could still have their own language, but since riders & dragons have a special bond, they can communicate telepathically together. This is basically the same thing as above, with the whole dragons knowing human languages and kids not, but, you know, telepathy.

(hahaha, aren't I just so evil? Of course if your dragon wants to they could be able to teach their child the human languages, but the dragon language would be their 'native' language)

(Since I'm a nice person and all, credit for these ideas should go to @Boo Girlie BoomBoom )
Hmmm... well thinking that Penelope has learned dragon speech over the decade she spent with dragons. BUT!! Chastaine does have the ability to speak telepathically but Penelope is stunted in the ways of the dragon-mind and so she is slowly learning, slower then the others at any rate. She gets the emotional senses and pictures and sensations but not words. Yet. Maybe its cuz she fears mind control!!@@!!

@Raven Haruka Hey! Oh nowayman! Don''t thank me! Cuz I dont wanna be blamed for dragons taking over via mind control!!

MIND-CONTROL!!@@!!

;333~~

It could be a language barrier issue with the dragons and the kids, considering some of them would probably be more accustomed to their own native language initially. You could make it so the ages of the characters are the reason why some of them are more fluent in the dragons' native tongue?​

Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
@Crow
True, true...

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Yes, I will thank you (I don't wanna be blamed later on xD)

@sleepingxdragon

That makes sense! So, the younger riders might know basic stuff, but the older ones might be, like , really in depth?

Yeah, that sounds good.

@Raven Haruka yeah well... I still have to update muh charrie sheets so under Extras...? I'mma put that Penny is immune to MIND-CONTROL!!@@!! Immune! Yeah-yeah!

;D

@sleepingxdragon

That makes sense! So, the younger riders might know basic stuff, but the older ones might be, like , really in depth?

Yeah, that sounds good.
Yep, that's the basic gist of it. The older ones could have more experience with the language than the younger riders.​

kay. Right. So Imma make is so that Penny is fluent. Cuz 10 years of having a talkative dragon constantly giving her an earful? Yeah... fluent. Defo. ;DDD

Oh! And is there a GM charrie too? Or like wut.

tumblr_mep79wjRsp1rxd0lro1_500_zps25f71128.png~original

Name: Oleander
Nickname: Ollie/Olly (can be spelled either way)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Human Appearance:
With a pale complexion and a slender, almost fragile looking frame, Oleander can constantly be teased about his wonderful height of 4'9, something that tends to happen often. His medium-length hair, mostly a light sea green with some mossy green highlights underneath, frames his face. His eyes are similar to the color of his horns, though swirls of the usual gold are vividly seen, the yellow-orange of his pupils giving off an alien look about him (though most normal people would probably consider this an effect made by contacts). Ollie is usually seen with an apathetic look about him, his eyes not truly focusing on anything and always making him look like he's zoning out (which half of the time can be the case).
Honestly, he can probably disguise himself as a girl if need be, he's just that cute.

Dragon Appearance:
forest_dragon_by_mistytang-d5byqmk.jpg

Most of Oleander's body acts as a place where moss and certain flowers can grow, especially around his horns, which are a duller shade of gold very similar to his eyes. Underneath his overgrown plants lies green scales, which are a shade lighter along his underside and around his eyes, which seem to mildly glow a golden hue. His wings, usually also covered in vines and moss, are mostly green, with the frames a yellowish green.

Powers:
Breath - Oleander breathes out a heavy, multi-shaded green mist-like substance that is filled with nutrients and water, causing plants to grow at a rapid pace. If too much is inhaled by humans (or dragons not of the plant variety) who have not been exposed to such a pure form of healthy nutrients in such a highly concentrated force, this mist can also act as a highly effective knockout gas, though it takes at least 5 minutes for the victim in question to feel drowsy, and another five to actually knock them out.

This can also be used as a defensive/evasive move by, say, creating a wall of plants to either block an attack, or providing a decent distraction

Defense/Support - By controlling the amount of his breath, Olly can heal most external injuries, such as cuts/bruises, sprained muscles, and broken bones.
*Note that complicated injuries such as fractured/shattered bones, internal bleeding, diseases and head injuries are something that is very complicated for the young dragon.

Other - Along with being able to control plants' rate of growth, he can manipulate and control them, meaning he can ensnare and subdue people, or make a small raft out of moss and algae, or make a pretty flower sculpture out of flowery vines, or...other plant-y stuff.

Personality:
Oleander is considered as an apathetic character on the outside, ignorant and ignoring of most people and their actions. A very quiet person, he prefers letting his partner do most of the talking, trying to avoid unnecessary social interaction whenever possible. As such, he is definitely a laid-back person, who'd rather spend more time either flying with his rider or out relaxing in nature.
While he may seem like the type of guy who is only loyal to himself, Ollie actually has an undying loyalty to his rider, going so far as to put his very life on the line if need be, after all he's no reason to fear death, when the idea of not being able to protect his rider is oh so much scarier. However, he usually ignores people who hold no significant value to him, his words bluntly honest if he chooses to say anything at all.
Oleander, though quiet as he may be, is actually quite the clumsy character when in an environment he's not familiar with. In the rainforest? Yeah, he knows it from the back of his hand, and can navigate through it blindfolded. Put him in a city though, and expect cars to be honking at him every time he steps foot on a street, or people yelling at him that no, he cannot go into the ladies restroom. Or even worse, watch him jump everytime a car gets too close for comfort, it's actually quite hilarious.
When it comes to intimacy, Olly really has no idea what's going on. Does he like this person? Does this person like him? WHAT IS THIS FLIRTING PEOPLE TALK ABOUT?? Questions like this can commonly be found travelling through is mind, so of course he is definitely a more cautious person when it comes to love.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Plants, sweets, nature, his rider.
-Large crowds, annoyingly talkative people, machinery, bitter foods

Voice Color: Sea Green

Rider: Alastor Alf Heron ( @sleepingxdragon )

Extra:
~Ollie is considered one of the more younger dragons. If we were to compare his age to human years, he would be a fourteen year old.

~Oleander has no memories of the majority of his childhood, thanks to the Great Dragon Ryo. Sometimes he has severe nightmares, causing him to wake up in a cold sweat (well, it's more like dew for him, since he's a plant dragon and all) but he can never seem to remember what his nightmares are about.

~In human form he can act as a great doctor, knowing herbs like the back of his hands and having a base idea about the anatomy of humans. This of course goes the same for his dragon form, but it's really hard to pick small herbs with giant talon-claw-toes, and performing treatment...well, let's just say if he tried that his patient would end up more like something for a stew.

• Love
Reactions: sleepingxdragon
@Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Ah, GM character?

If by that you mean a chara in which will help further the plot line/ etc., then that would probably be the Great Dragon Ryo.
Otherwise? Take a look at my Ollie, in which I will add a history he won't know about later~

(Note that I'm not very familiar with playing male characters, considering this is actually my first and I wanted to try something new. I'm very sorry if I suck.)

Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Status
Not open for further replies.