Human & Shapeshifter

Jason shot up from the bed when he heard the thunder, not really knowing why. He was bout to go back to sleep when he decided to go check on Kieara. When he opened the door to her room he saw her sitting upright on the bed with fear in her eyes. Quickly he ran next to her. "Are you ok." He asked rubbing the back of her neck.

Kieara looked up and seemed to calm a little seeing him. She moved closer to him. "I don't like storms..." She said to him softly and jumped again when lightning flashed and thunder followed shortly after. Kieara wasn't aware of exactly how close to him she was, but she was scared, and the closer she was to him, the safer she felt.

"Hey it's ok." He said with a soft voice. Holding her in his arms even tighter than before. She was so shooken up from the thunder he wasn't sure what to do. A few minuets passed with him rubbing her back and saying soothing words which seemed to calm her down slighty. "Would you like me to stay here with you tonight? I can go grab my blanket and sleep on the chair next to you." He didn't wan to make her feel awkward or out of place so he tried to think of the best plan possible. He knew he she was exausted because he was just as tired. Taking a quick glance at the clock he noticed it was almost one.

Kieara laid her head on his shoulder as he soothed her. She looked up and nodded to his question. "you don't have to sleep on a chair...." She could share the bed. She didn't see anything wrong with it. She was rather clueless on that note. She didn't mind it, and she didn't want him to be tired and uncomfortable. She yawned softly.

Jason gave her a slight grin. Pulling back the covers and fluffing the pillow. "I'll be right back." Slowly and reluctantly Jason got up and headed for his room. Gathering his pillow and blanket and two glasses of water. When he walked back into the room he couldn't help but stare at her. Thinking about how sweet and innocent she was. After awhile he headed to the side of her bed and laid the glass down. "Just in case you get thirsty." With that he sat on the chair wrapping himself in his blanket. He closed his eyes and waited to hear the sound of her sleeping.

Kieara spoke to him. "You can lay down with me..." she told him. "I don't like it knowing you're uncomfortable." She said to him. She was so sleepy she was about to doze off, but every time thrunder sounded she jumped. She was used to being outside during all those storms. She remebered all the nights of being cold wet and muddy....It wasn't pleasant.

Jason tried to argue with Kiera but everytime he saw her jumped he felt a pang of guilt. Soon after he moved from the chair to the bed unaware of what to do next. He wanted to hold her to show that she was safe, but he didn't want to do anything to make her feel uncomfortable. He had no idea on what things she went through, but he knew he didn't want to add on to any of those things. Waiting to see what was going to happen he simply lied on his back. Looking at the ceiling as if something interesting would come from it.

Kieara jumped once more when the thunder struck and curled up next to him. Just knowing he was close gave her enough sense of security to fall asleep. She then curled into his chest without realizing it. She stayed this way in her sleep and sighed contently. She wasn't sure if she was bothering him or not. However, if she thought she was, had she been awake, she would've moved.

Kieara jumped once more when the thunder struck and curled up next to him. Just knowing he was close gave her enough sense of security to fall asleep. She then curled into his chest without realizing it. She stayed this way in her sleep and sighed contently. She wasn't sure if she was bothering him or not. However, if she thought she was, had she been awake, she would've moved.

When Kieara grew closer to Jason his eyebrows arched. Hesitating he slowly placed his arm around her waste and waited foor her to drift to sleep. As he waited he thought about everything he would do for her tomorrow and thought of why he would do it all. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know if he should just leave her some cash and then go or if he should stay by her side. With a shrug he brushed the thought off. Deciding to focus on what his family was doing instead. Soon after great thought he also fell asleep. Soon it was mourning and Jason woke up making breakfast for the both of them. There was bacon, eggs, toast, oatmeal, orange juice, and milk. After that was done he decided to get into the shower, hoping Kieara wouldn't wake up while he was in the shower.

Kieara slept peacefully through the night. she woke the next morning to the sound of water running. She sat up with a yawn and rubbed her eyes. She found that Jason was no longer in bed with her. She looked around wondering where he'd went. Then it actually registered with her he must be in the shower since there was running water. She stretched a bit.

When Jason stepped out of the shower and got dressed he could see that Kieara was awake. "Oh hey. I didn't know you were up. There is breakfast on the table, you should get some food in your system." He headed to his drawer unaware what to give her to wear for the time being. He glanced at her and gave her a small grin. "Help yourself to any clothes you see. You won't have to wear them for long." He had a feeling that she had no idea what he was talking about so he added. "We're going shopping." Before she could say anything he headed out the door to the kitchen. Still unaware on why he was doing any of this.

Kieara looked to him and listened. She found an outfit. It was a smaller t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants that looked shrunk enough to where she could wear them. Or so she hoped she could. She put the clothes on and combed her hair out. She then went to the kitchen. "We're going shopping?" She asked him. She smiled. "Thanks again by the way, this all means so much." She spoke.

Jason handed her a plate with everything on it thinking about what he said last night. "Everyone needs somebody." Rang over and over again in his hand. He smiled at her. "Your welcome. I just wished I could have been there for you sooner." He said looking at all her scars and bruises. "Are you ever going to tell me who those guys were that were chasing you." He didn't want to bring up any bad thoughts or memories for her, but at the same time he wanted to know. As he waited for her answer he began cracking his knuckles. The anticipation killing him.

She thanked him for her breakfast and sighed. She knew that question was coming, although she really didn't want to answer it. "I...well they were hunters....They were sent to retreive me for....." She couldn't think of a good lie. She sighed. "They were sent to retrieve me for my master." She spoke staring into her food. "I was a slave." She spoke to him.

Jason had his plate in one hand and was eating it standing up. When he heard the word master and slave the plate dropped and shattered into pieces. It was a lucky then that he had finished all the food. "Dammit!" He said under his breath as he began to pick up the broken glass and throw it away. It wasn't tell after he had got through cleaning everything that he looked up at her. "What do you mean slave? Slave for who. They have slavery here on your planet." That's when he grew quiet. His eyes quickly falling from Kieara to the floor. Did he really just say that? "Maybe she didn't catch that last part?" He thought to himself.

Kieara jumped at his outburst. She flinched and shook softly. She hoped he wasn't angry with her. She was so used to being hit and such whenever someone got angry. She looked to him and got up to help pick up the glass. Once it was all disposed of, she caught his slip up. "My planet?" She asked confused but dismissed it. She thought it was merely a slip of the tounge. "Even though slavery was outlawed years ago the man that...the man that is my master he...he keeps it hidden well."

When she didn't think to much of his slip up he let out an inner sigh. "No woman has a right to be treated a slave. To be tortured like this." Every time he thought about this it formed a knot in his stomach. How could someone do this to a female. To any person. He tried not to think about it, but this shit was really starting to piss him off. He noticed how much she jumped when he started yelling. "Did...Did they hit you a lot?" He asked. Speaking before thinking.

She nodded silently to his question. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to....." she spoke not sure what she'd done, but she felt she was the reason behind his anger. She hadn't meant to make him mad. She hadn't meant to at all. "I really didn't want to make you mad." She spoke to him softly. She seemed nervous now. Even though he'd told her that it was because no one should be treated that way.

Jason's teeth grinned together when she replied his question with a yes. When she started to apologize he looked at her with a bllank face. "Sorry for what? None of what happened to you is your fault. You didn't ask for this." He wanted to ask her about her parents but figured that would be something for another time. "Well are you ready to go shopping?" He asked trying to change the subject to something a little more happy. He didn't want her sad and he didn't need himself mad at something that happened in the past. How was he suppose to fix that?