Human & Shapeshifter

Jason's head jerked looking at the girl with deep saddness in her eyes. How long had she been going on like this for? Where was her family? Why were people trying to hurt her? It seemed like he had all these questions and no answers. He looked up at the sky trying to figure out how she was feeliing. Soon after he gave up and gently took her by the hand. "Hey that's ok. You can stay with me." His place wasn't that big, but when he was the only person living there it really didn't have to be. It held two bedrooms and one bathroom. There was a patio and that was about it. Of course he had the kitchen, and washroom, etc. Plus it was clean and there was plenty of food. Something they both needed right now.

Kieara looked up at him. "I....I couldn't, you've done so much for me." She spoke to him. "You've helped me so much, I couldn't possibly ask for any more." She said to him. She was still dirty, but not quite as bad as before. She was wearing the thin, torn pants, and her underwear, and his jacket. That was all she had to her name. She brushed her red hair from her blue eyes and crinkled her nose covered in freckles up with a smile. "I'll be ok."

Jason was not about to let this girl go wandering through the woods alone. "I'm not leaving you alone. I have an extra room for guest anyway, and you my friend are a guest end of story." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at her deep blue eyes. "Please I would sleep so much better at night if I knew you were safe." He meant every word to. There was no way he was going to live her alone.

She looked at him for a long moment. Her blue eyes stared at him hard as if trying to read him. Kieara had been hurt and betrayed so many times, it was as if she was searching for a lie in his appearance. Soon though without realizing what she was doing, she threw her arms around him and hugged him. "Thank you.... Thank you so much...." She spoke to him. It had been so long since she'd slept in a bed and gotten clean.

Jason lost his balznce from the unexpecting hug, but quikly regained it. Holding her in place with his arms to return the hug. "Your welcome, it's really no problem." With that they headed back to the back. He only had one helmet and figured it was best to give it to her. Quickly he started up the motorcycle and with a dash they were gone. Into the night, trees passing by them in lighting speed as they went faster on the bike. It wasn't long before they reached his place. On the outside it looked like a small cottage. Warm and cozy.

Kieara was not used to riding on a motorcycle so she felt safer with him driving than when she had to this spot. She held onto him cold and tired. She was so ready to get somewhere warm and dry. She looked to the side watching everything pass until they'd finally reached their destination. She looked up taking in the sight of the house and slowly got off the motorcycle. She then pulled the helmet off of her red hair. "So this is where you live?" She asked liking the area.

Jason gave a small shrug. "Yeah it's not much, but it's a place to call home." With that he took the helmet from Kieara and placed it on the bike. Not used to female company he began walking to the door leaving her where she stood. Realizing what he was doing he quickly opened the door and turned to her. Letting her go in first. "Ladies first." He said with a sheepish grin one hand rubbing the back of his head.

Kieara followed after him. She smiled. "I like it." she spoke. "Thank you." She spoke and headed in first. She wasn't wearing any shoes, so there weren't any to take off. She waited just inside the door for him not wanting to impose.

He lifted up his arms to display the room. "Well this is it. Whatever is mine is yours." He closed the door behind them and headed into the kitchen. "Do you want something to eat?" He asked pulling out different types of food for her. He grabbed things like noddles, mac and cheese, pizza rolls, etc. "This is just some quick and easy food. I can always cook or order in." He said trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible.

She looked at the things he set out and blushed before sheepishly admitting. "I....I can't read.....And I've never seen these things." She said. She was a bizarre young woman. She came supposedly out of nowhere in rags with people chasing her, and seemed to not have a very vast education when it came to the world outside surviving off the land and running.

Jason became more and more confused with this girl. People chasing her in woods, no home, can't read. It seemed each time she spoke it was something that made him want to care for her more. He gave her a gentle smile. "We can just order pizza. You'll like it." With that he grabbed the phone and began pressing numbers. He headed to the bathroom telling her to follow. When he was off the phone with the pizza guy he explained to her how to use the shower. Giving her a towel to dry off with and a wash cloth to use in the shower. "You can go ahead and get in. I'm going to find you something to wear for the night." With that he closed the door behind him.

Kieara watched his reaction. She was surprised when he didn't judge her. She got into the shower and turned it on after undressing. Her clothes were too big and filthy. She found comfort in the warm water running over her. She washed off and got clean and washed her hair. When she was done she dried off and wrapped in the fluffy towel. Her hair went from being a dull brownish red, to a dark mahogany. It showed how dirty her hair had been. She nearly looked like a different person. Her skin lighened a few shades now that there was no mud to cover it. It showed her freckles more prominently as well and contrasted her blue eyes all the more.

Jason went to his room rumaging through the closet and dressers. Soon enough he found some old black and red basketball shorts and a big white top. "This should do for the night." He said aloud. Tomorrow while she was sleeping her would go out and get her something more suitable. His parents had given him plenty of money to stay on earth so it wasn't like money was the object. As he gatherd her things he kept thinking to himself how she made it this far, and who were tthose people chasing her. Still deep in thought Jason heard the doorbell ring and quickly went to go answer it. He had odered to large peperoni pizzas, bread sticks, and wings. Hoping she would like one of the three options. "As long as she eats something." He thought to himself. Once the pizza was set nicely on the kitchen table he headed to the bathroom with her clothes. Knocking twice and waiting for her reply.

Kieara opened the door still wrapped in the towel. She smiled up at him. "I feel better now." She spoke. She didn't appear to be too shy as far as her body, but she did have a considerable amount of bruises and scratches along her arms and legs. Some of them didn't look accidental. A couple of the bruises even favored handprints. She was a pretty young woman however, bruises and cuts or not.

Jason tried to speak but quickly lost his words. Kieara's beauty seemed to even bloom more than before putting Jason in a trance. Not long after words he saw the cuts and bruises that laid on her body. A knot forming in his throat. Scrunching his eyebrows together and looking down at the ground he handed her the clothes. "Here. This should do until mourning." With that he slowly turned around and closed the door taking a seat at the kitchen table. Just staring at the food that laid before him. Who could do such a thing to a person. Anger began to build through his body as he tought about this.

Kieara soon was dressed and came back out. She smiled as he came into the kitchen. "This all smells good." she spoke to him. She hugged him again. "Thank you for your hospitality." She told him. She seemed to be so much happier now than she was before. She was so thankful for meeting him. He'd been such a great help and friend to her. She didn't know how she could possibly repay him. She still ahd no idea though what he was.

Jason came out of his trance and smiled. "Your welcome, and feel free to stay here as long as you need. I already set the guest room up for you. There's a comfy bed, t.v, sound system, closet..." He paused grabbing her arm delicatly and looking at the brusies. "Who did this to you." He asked his voice breaking. "I mean i'm sorry you don't have to answer that. Just know that your safe here. No harm will come to you." He took a slice of pizza and slowly began to eat. What was he getting himself into. He hated himself for being so sensitive to others, but how could he turn this girl away in her time of need. She needed someone to turn to. Why not him?

Kieara smiled as well. She frowned a little when he took her arm in his hand. Why did he care? No one else did. She sat down and nibbled on some pizza then smiled. "This stuff is so good...." She spoke to him taking another bite. Then she asked her own question. "Why do you care so much? Why do you want to help me?.....Why do you want to know who hurt me?" She asked him straight forward.

Jason looked up at her, then the bruises, and then down at his pizza. How was he suppose to answer that when he didn't even know why he was doing all this. With a sigh he pushed himself away from the table. "Everyone needs at least one person to care for them." He said before turning away. When he reached his room he looked back at her. "Your room is across from mine. If you need anything just let me know." With that he disappeard into his room. His alarm system was in his room. He quickly put in the code and fell into his bed. Moments later he was sleep. Still with none of his questions answerd, but that would all change tomorrow. At least he hoped.

Kieara frowned when he left her alone. She tried the food liking pizza the best. She ate some dinner, then she placed the lids on the boxes and such. She then moved to place it on the counter. She looked around a bit before she moved to the room he said would be hers. She went inside happy to see a bed. She went over and snuggled up under the covers. Halfway through the night, a storm outside woke her. She was terrified of thunder and lightning.