Howling For Blood

Danylah couldn't even grasp the very thought of ever losing Trevor's touch. He was so real--seeing as he was all over her. She couldn't bear to think that he'd leave her with only being with her for no more than twenty-four hours. She prayed that Father Time would change the length of time, making the seconds minutes, and the minutes hours...she wanted time to stretch out. For the both of them.

As Trevor pulled away, Danylah gasped for air. Not realizing she needed air. As she gasped she noticed icy mist escape his lips, while a light breeze of smoke come from within her throat. They both mixed together, flying upward to fade into the air; combining into one. And that was just like Trevor and Danylah, becoming one once more...and hopefully not the last time. Danylah tripped over her own feet, her shoulders hitting the wall. Before she could fix herself, Trevor pinned her to the wall by using his arms to place her there firmly. Her head went back, resting upon the wall as she bit her bottom lip while he kissed at her neck. Goosebumps running on every piece of her skin. Her legs went up without another thought, hugging his hips closely to her body. She was burning, inwardly and outwardly...she needed Trevor close to keep her cool.

Trevor's eager kissing to Danylah's neck stopped only for a moment when her legs wrapped around his waist. The act drove him beyond mere affection. Trevor let out a growl, muffled slightly by his lips pressing into the flesh of her neck. The growl seemed to hang in the air while his actions gradually became more animal like.

Trevor began to nip tenderly at the soft skin of her neck between the more loving kisses. Mindful not to catch her with one of his canine fangs, he even bit her shoulder just for the reaction it would cause. After some more bites and kissing lower down to the nape of her neck Trevor finally relented and pulled back, looking squarely into her magnificent eyes. His arms carefully moved from around Danylah's back to under her legs, holding her up by her thighs in order to keep her balanced against the wall. Trevor then pressed his body up against Danylah's and he reveled in the sensation of them being so close again. Without a second thought he tenderly bit lip and pulled her into another deep kiss while his chest and groin pushed against her body.

Danylah inhaled his scent, reminding her of the most bittersweet winter--which was a cuddling season--it made her want him all the more. Her skin burned, Trevor's touch sent icy tumors through her body as if she was in between all of nature's elements. Her hands clung to his skin, gripping him closer. If it were even possible. The growl hung in the air, as she let her heart melt from the vibrations she felt through her skin.

Danylah whimpered ever so softly as he nipped at her shoulder, causing a pleasurable reaction from her mouth and between her legs as well. Anything Trevor did was arousing--it seemed. She kissed him back with as much force she could muster in her petite body, her shoulders scrunched in strength, her fingers clinging to his skin. She was so wrapped and tangled in Trevor she didn't hear the front door open. Her mother jogged through the house at human speed, hearing the constant pounding of Trevor's heart against his own chest, trying to touch Danylah's heart itself. Within the chaotic room of Danylah's, something was forming...

A flower was growing as quickly as Danylah's empty heart raced, faster than time itself. The flower blossomed, pouring out a delicate creature. A nymph.

"Oh, I can see your fine alright," Danylah's mother coughed out, ruining the love bearing moment.

Trevor froze instantly at the sound of a woman's voice behind him. How had his sharp sense of hearing not picked up on her walking inside? Was he that focused on the task at hand? The raw energy he felt being with Danylah had made him oblivious to everything else around him. He had not even noticed the small creature who had also emerged from a newly grown flower.

Hesitantly, Trevor turned his neck to get a look at whoever was behind him and when he saw her face; embarrassed to have walked in on such a scene or not, he knew who she was. There was no mistaking it. The survival instinct kicked in and after setting Danylah back down on her own feet Trevor turned to face the woman completely. He found it curious that Danylah's mother did not strike him down from behind, given what he was and what he was doing with her daughter. Maybe she... no! Thinking she meant no harm was reckless and could get him killed. There was no telling what she would do to him now and in his mind he was better off safe than sorry.

Danylah was breathing hard, trying to control her heartbeat as she was placed on the ground to stand on her own two feet. She raked her messy hair back, looking at her mother with glowing eyes, light with embarrassment. But no shame. She fixed her shirt, gripping her shoulder lightly as she noticed her mother look at the two, then looked behind them to see the counter covered with a thin shit of ice. Vines slowly coming out from the sink. Danylah's mother looked at the two once more with shock in her eyes. "Never knew the myth was true, until now," her mother muttered quietly.

"This wolf...he's the one you've dreamt about?" Her mother asked with a quirked eyebrow. Her mother walked closer, giving Trevor a look-over, twice. Danylah nodded, "His name is Trevor," she corrected to her mom quietly. The nymph tip-toed into the kitchen, showing her presence with a gasp. "It's true, it's true!" She spoke in a light, melodic voice with her mouth shaped in a perfect 'O'. Her hair was blonde as the lightest dandelion, her eyes the brightest sky blue, her lips pale like a rose petal, her skin pale, which reminded many of a cloud. Her irises were tinted on the edges with a forest green. Danylah looked at her questionablly.

Danylah's mother knowing something about what was going on with her daughter and himself did not surprise him nearly as much as the small creature that had just waltzed into the kitchen. He had a guess at what she was, a Nymph, but Trevor had never seen one before. He hadn't even heard of accounts of others seeing them. Their existence was only known to him from old stories. Whatever this Nymph was doing here, it seemed to be connected to what was caused last night. The Nymph smelled strongly of wild flower pollen. Could she have appeared from the large flowers that had grown?

Things were moving a bit too fast for Trevor to keep up and make sense of anything going on. He would have to clear things up one question at a time. "You... you're not going to kill me?" He directed at Danylah's mother, having been eyed curiously by her. "If you know about this," Trevor gestured behind him to the former bedroom, "-then you must know how it happened." His eyes narrowed and brow furrowed. He still would not lower his guard around this woman.

"Why would I kill you? I have no desire to have my dearest daughter suffer from heart loss," She mentioned in a nonchalant tone, shrugging her shoulders as she said this. Danylah noticed the tension in Trevor's neck, the way his muscles clenched with anticipation. Danylah let her arm lay on top of his forearm, rubbing her thumb against his icy skin to calm him down. She looked at her mother, then at the Nymph once more. The Nymph walked over, bowing before the two. Danylah looked at her with question engraved within her features. "I've waited decades for your reincarnation an--" the excited Nymph was interrupted by Danylah's mother.

"Let me guess, your name is Evergreen?" The Nymph nodded, looking at the three with an excited smile upon her lips. Her mother had a soft smile on her lips as well, finally looking back at Trevor. "I know how it happened, both in the bedroom--unfortunately--and in general," she explained. Danylah looked at her, completely silent because she wanted answers. "We don't have much time, we desperately need you," Evergreen informed.

The warm touch of Danylah's hand on Trevor's arm got him to relax a bit. The answer he had received from her mother helped a bit as well. He sensed no lie in what she said to him. Maybe her concern and love as a parent was even stronger than her Vampire blood. Trevor actually felt a tad guilty over his assumption. The Vampires he had known from before never appeared to show pity or emotional attachment to anything. He should have learned that not all of them were so vicious by Danylah's actions the previous day.

The little Nymph then approached Danylah and Trevor, her footsteps quiet and graceful, then bowed her head. She mentioned waiting on them and their reincarnations before being cut off.

Evergreen? Why had Danylah's mother known the Nymph's name? Was she a part of this myth she had talked about earlier? Finally, his question was addressed and the answer caused a light blush to form on his face. Trevor had never intended for his question to be about what he and Danylah did last night, but rather what it was that caused it. Why them and why now? Could it really have been their joining together in mating that caused all of this? How would that even be possible?

Once again the Nymph, Evergreen caught everyone's attention. "What do you mean by needing us? Just what is going on?" Everything being said only seemed to raise more questions than they answered. He looked down curiously at Evergreen. Would they really get the answers they were looking for if the two of them went wherever it was Evergreen wanted them to go?

Danylah began to rub her temples lightly in a circular motion as she closed her eyes tightly. "Too much, too much for me," she commented aloud with a breathy chuckle, nothing humorous about it. She leaned against the wall, looking up at the ceiling with a heavy sigh. "Someone, please explain this," Danylah muttered out-loud. Her mother couldn't help but giggle quietly. Evergreen looked confused, her eyebrows furrowing over her eyes. Trevor looked confused as well, so nothing was working out.

"Ma, how do you Evergreen's name? How do you know what she is, how do you know what Trevor is, what he does, what we've done, and please explain slowly," Danylah asked annoyed. Evergreen played with her thumbs, biting her bottom lip as she watched over at the three.

"Well, when I was a young child...and my mother was alive, she used to put me to bed with this story about two lovers," Danylah's mother started off, a soft smile on her lips as she looked off into the distance. Remembering the night like it was yesterday. Danylah listened intently, waiting for the true details. "How they were the King and Queen of this world called Biota...means Life in Latin," she murmured. Evergreen nodded, showing that everything so far was true for what Danylah's mother was explaining. "Now, it's called Nex," Evergreen murmured, her face showing sorrow. The tips of her hair turning dark blonde, showing her sadness within her eyes and hair.

This tale Danylah's mother was describing, Trevor had never heard of such a story. Two lovers, King and Queen of a realm named Biota? This must not be a tale the wolf-kin knew of. It may even pre-date their existence for all he knew. Still, he couldn't exactly argue that it was all a hoax, given what has happened to Danylah and himself already.

The details she gave along with Evergreen's newfound sadness gave Trevor an idea. He put the clues together to make a theory of where this was going. "Let me try to make sense of all this," he interrupted, looking down at Evergreen while her body continued to alter in coloration. "You're saying Danylah and I... we're two reborn lovers? That we are the rightful heirs of this kingdom named Nex. It's King and Queen?" His eyes darted from Danylah's mother and Evergreen, waiting for one of them to tell him he was wrong. When no objection was made he looked intently at Danylah, his eyes wavering. "If all of that is true... what does it mean for us?"

Danylah looked at Trevor with her eyebrows heightened, wondering if that were even possible...for them to be reborn lovers. Danylah's mother, Vivah, looked at Danylah and chuckled ever so softly. "Sweetheart, you did very well. He's smart," Vivah teased. Evergreen looked at Trevor and nodded feverishly. Danylah had no time to think any of this through, too busy figuring it out first.

"We need you, we need you to come back home a-a-and...get rid of Malus [Evil in Latin.] He quickly took over once you two passed, decades ago you two lived happily and took care of all of us. Nymphs, Elves, and anything else in between...but someone assassinated you two. Then, Malus took over. You do remember Malus, don't you Miss Danylah?" Evergreen asked her with sadness in her eyes, curiosity in her tone. Danylah scrunched her eyebrows...but the word 'yes' rang from her lips. "Ah, Malus," Vivah nodded ever so quietly. "He was a man of few words, so the tale reads," she answered for Danylah's questioning 'yes'.

"Malus and his army are destroying the land, making us slaves and making us starve. A few of us are in hiding, barely surviving. I knew I had to arrive in this realm because I received a sign that you two reconnected. The whyte bells rang me awake, and I knew you two still lived. Some of the others began to give up hope, seeing as it has been decades, but I never gave up. In your past life, I lived to serve for you two," Evergreen informed them some more. Danylah's head began to throb, she rubbed her temples as she scrunched her eyes tightly closed. "Oh lord, Danylah!" Vivah jumped as she ran to newspaper that was now lit on fire on top of the counter. Vivah pat it down harshly, and exhaled audibly once she put it out.

"Sorry..." Danylah breathed. It was way too much to process, "Is that why we've been dreaming of each other? And what about that?" Danylah asked anyone who would answer, mentioning the, now scorched newspaper.

-

Picture of Flowers.
flower_by_matlandon.jpg

Evergreen asking Danylah about someone named Malus caused images and memories that were not his own to flash in his mind. It was reminiscent of how he had dreams of Danylah before ever meeting it. This was even more strange, though. Why would he not have had these memories until now? He dreamed of Danylah for nearly his entire life. Were the visions of Malus associated with the events of this morning? If what Evergreen was saying turned out to be true... that was likely the case.

Trevor was alarmed when the flaming newspaper was brought to his attention. From the looks of it, it startled Danylah too, who had set it ablaze by accident. Vivah patted the flames out then Danylah had finally asked the question the two of them wanted answered from the start. What was the deal with their body tempuratures and strange new abilities...

"I've been wanting to find out about that, too." he piped in, adding his concern. "This morning, the bedroom was coated in a sheet of ice but it felt like it was nothing but crystal to me. Then, when Danylah reached out to touch it like I had she was frost burned almost instantly. On top of that my breath is almost always a visible mist like it's winter outside." Trevor shuttered at the thought he was having. "It's like... the blood in my veins has turned to ice." He looked down at Evergreen, her big eyes looking back up at Danylah and him. "Does any of that have to do with... with our former selves?​"

Evergreen quickly nodded, "It does." Danylah waited for her to continue. Vivah looked a bit excited, and she wanted to explain. "May I explain this part?" Vivah asked softly as she walked over to her daughter. Trevor stood on edge as Vivah got closer. Vivah meant no harm, so tried not to be offended by his instinct. "Sweetheart, in your past life...Trevor was able to manipulate Air and Water; before he met you he thought of it as a curse. Sometimes he'd freeze his dinner or when he would sneeze leaves would fly off. He believed he was cold-hearted; a monster. He was too poweful, and his emotions connected to his powers so it was even harder," she explained as she wrapped an arm around Danylah's shoulders.

"But you helped him, showed him the beauty of it. You control fire and earth, right?" Vivah asked her. Evergreen and Danylah nodded in unison. "It's the perks of being all powerful beings. You two are the only ones of your kind who can manipulate two elements. And once you two...met and fornicated...your powers were even more extravagent. Being around all four elements does this to you," Vivah explained as she touched Danylah's hot forehead, then Trevor's cold arm.

"Once you two re-met...it caused a nature chatastrophy, correct?" Evergreen asked the two. Danylah nodded feverishly, wondering if her room was still a mess. "I'm so glad you two finally met. The love between you two was so magnetic that it passed even into your subconsious, it seems. I believe you two dreamt of each other even before. Or, at least when you two were apart...whenever Trevor was out doing his job, or you were helping us Nymphes and Fae with our duties. It rained for days on end when you two were apart for too long," Evergreen explained with sadness in her tone. Vivah was going to mention Malus, but decided against it because she thought they deserved to find out on their own.

Trevor had to constantly battle with his instincts to be fearful of Vivah. Even if he could fight back the urge to run or lash out in self preservation, his body language betrayed him. His muscles visually grew tense when she approached her daughter to explain more of this story... their history to Danylah and him.

Vivah explained in more detail with these elemental events were about. Why Trevor seemed frigid while Danylah felt as though she had a fever to anyone who touched her. Their past lives had these same abilities. Air and water, the two that belonged to his former self. The sensation of having ice for blood and breathing a cold mist were explained by water but so far he had experienced nothing related to the element of air. He was thankful he hadn't had to deal with that too, at least not yet. Now when it happened he would at least have a clue about what was going on. Danylah had made no indication that she was surprised about her having the power over earth. Perhaps she had already experienced it unbeknownst to him. Maybe more of her memories had returned to her than his had, or she simply nodded in acceptance. Trevor had no way of knowing for sure.

Vivah went on to explain that it was indeed their mating together which brought these latent powers to fruition. The four elements being united... it had miraculous results. When Vivah's hand reached out to touch Trevor's arm he again held back his instincts. She was the second vampire he had willingly let touch him, after Danylah of course. Still his body reacted with bitterness and the subconscious fears made his heart race, pumping the ice through his veins. Despite the noticeable drop in temperature his body did not shiver. It was a very strange feeling and one he was sure would take time to get used to.

"So... what happens to the two of us now?" Trevor interjected, knowing that Evergreen had not come all this way to conveniently tell them what happened to them. He may have not had a life to return to but Danylah... she had a home, a real family. How could he possibly ask her to leave all of that? "Danylah? What do you think? This is all as new to you as it is to me but from the sound of it, we're expected to go to Nex. My existence may has been imprisonment and pain, easy to leave behind. I was already running from that when we met but you have a real home here. A family." His head nodded at Vivah.

Danylah looked over at Trevor as he asked a question. He was silent once Evergreen and Vivah began talking about the reason to their phenomenal elemental powers. She then opened her mouth quick to answer, but nothing came out. What did she think about all of this? Danylah had nine brothers, and a loving mother. But, she now had Trevor. At the mere thought of Trevor her heart thumped, her pulse suddenly increasing. For a vampire, it was hard to get used to the thrum of her heart. She had no blood to pump, but it seemed like she did. Whenever she thought of him, or was near him.

Vivah looked over at Danylah and gave her a sad smile. "Sweetheart, what are you going to do?" she asked her with a concerned voice; only a mother would have. Evergreen waited, looking at all of them. Danylah found her heart already telling her to go, as long as Trevor stayed by her side. "I want to go with Trevor," she murmured quietly. Evergreen's lips formed into a bright smile, her lips growing with lively color. "But only if he truly feels the same way about me as I do for him. I mean, who knows this is only a short-term thing? What if he only feels this way because his unconscious is telling him to?" she asked all three of them.

Evergreen looked over at Trevor, as Vivah looked at Danylah. The girls waited patiently for Trevor to say something; anything. Danylah didn't want to go above and beyond for Trevor only to be rejected, so she wanted to know now. Surely they slept together the night before…and almost did hours ago…but that could have just been attraction. She didn't know.

Danylah's answer expressing her desire to stay with Trevor caused his body temperature to raise back up to what felt normal to him, though he would have still been chilly to the touch. He was beginning to see a pattern. Any time he felt love or attraction from Danylah it was as though a fire was lit inside him, driving back the bitter cold. Ice may have been one of his gifts but he was far from being used to it.

Then she voice a concern of her own. At first Trevor was hurt that she would have doubts... but when he stopped to think, her uncertainty was justified. Even if they had dreamed of each other many times before, it was not until yesterday that they actually met face to face. How was he himself so sure that this bond between them was nothing more than a long forgotten romance between their old selves? Regardless of who he was before, Trevor was no one but himself. Were the feelings his own?

His amber eyes paid no attention to Evergreen, who was smiling wide up at him as though she already knew the answer. He instead looked straight at Danylah's face. The face of the woman he had dreams of. The woman he gave his body to and she to him. Did he truly love her?

In a heartbeat he stood in front of Danylah, looking down to meet her gaze. Just as quickly, his hands reached out to grab onto hers, the warmth of her hands were radiant. With unwavering certainty he spoke. "Danylah, the feelings are mine. Whoever we may have been before, they're dead. It may have sparked from them but we're us now... and I care for you." He didn't care how that sounded, it was the conclusion he came to. "My scars always remind me of who I am. I guess that's finally a good thing."

-
Sorry if it's short. :/
-
Danylah looked down at their intertwined hands. A fiery blush running on her cheeks as he began to reassure her with his words. As she held his hands, she felt coolness run over her fingers, down her wrists, and up her arms. It felt...like such an amazing rush. Danylah felt her heart thumping even more than usual. She nodded quietly, then let her hands run up his arms, resting around his neck. "I...I care for you, too," Danylah told him quietly as she let her lips travel to his lightly. She gave him a soft peck. For a moment, it felt like was only them two in the kitchen. Vivah cleared her throat, making her presence known for the second time. Danylah chuckled, shamefully as she looked over at Vivah and Evergreen.

Evergreen clasped her hands together and walked over to them. "I'm so glad you two are coming back home. There will be such a huge celebration!" Evergreen babbled. Vivah sadly smiled at the couple. "Am I...ever going to see my daughter again?" Vivah asked Evergreen, concern etched in her voice as before. "You will, but only when it is truly necessary," Evergreen told her with sympathy.

The peck of a kiss only served to spur Trevor's already on edge emotions. Had Danylah's mother not interupted he very well may have forgotten they were there for a minute.

Vivah's concern about seeing Danylah again once the two of them left for Nex brought a new realization to Trevor. Evergreen answered with what he had hoped to be the case, that Danylah could see her family again on occasion.

This was fantastic news! It may have been limited, as traveling from one realm to another was surely something that required a lot of time or effort. Not that he had any first hand experience with that sort of thing but he was certain it was not a casual everyday act. Still, it was better than nothing.

Trevor turned to look at Vivah, whose eyes were filled with bittersweet emotion. It was the first time since she had walked in that he could sense anything but a calm demeanor from her. Was she worried for her daughter's safety... or simply sad to see her go? Perhaps it was a combination of the two. He decided to address this directly. "You don't need to worry about Danylah. I swear, I'll keep her safe." His promise felt a bit bold, seeing as he had no idea what to expect from this Nex place... but he would do everything he could to keep it. He was sure that Danylah would be doing the same for him. She's been keeping him safe since the moment they met.

Danylah couldn't stop the beaming smile on her face even if she wanted to after Trevor promised Vivah to keep her safe. Vivah noticed the smile, which caused her to smile softly as well. "I believe you," Vivah told him softly as she looked over at the two. "And if not, I'll make sure Evergreen kicks your ass," she added jokingly. Evergreen giggled sweetly, nodding along. "Of course, anything for the Danylah's mother." Danylah rolled her eyes at the two, seeing how well they got along so quickly.

Evergreen clapped her hands together, getting everyone's attention. Danylah looked over at her, as did Vivah. "Well, shall we get going?" Evergreen asked the two. Danylah chewed her lip, surprised that all of this was happening so fast. She looked over at Trevor, "Well...should we get going?" she asked him quietly. Danylah was worried, nervous, and a bit frightened as to what she might happen, what she might see, and what awaited for her. At least she had Trevor, she thought to herself.

Now? They had to leave immediately?

For his part, Trevor was happy to leave this world behind. A place where his kind were mistreated and abused. There was the smallest bit of hesitance, however. Now that he had gained these strange powers, he might be able to free more of his pack. The idea was fleeting, however. There was no way they could keep his whole pack away from the eyes of the vampires. The consequences would be more severe than the treatment they were already forced to endure.

Trevor looked back at Danylah, who looked as though she was not too sure about this idea. He couldn't blame her. "I'm ready when you are." he said, looking from her to Vivah. This woman... she had been much nicer than he expected. Of course, he expected her to kill him on sight so it was rather easy to be nicer than that. "Would you like to say your good-byes before we go? You might not be able to come back and see your mother for a long time." he added. It may not have been a pleasant thought, but he didn't want Danylah to regret never saying bye.