Howling For Blood

Danylah watched as he walked off. She nodded quietly even though he was walking out. She walked behind him silently, looking at the scars on his back. The only sound left in the room was the soft crunch of moss molding around Danylah's feet. She chewed the inside of her lip, wondering about everything. About last night, about the beautiful mess in her room, about Trevor, and about anything else that popped into her mind. Danylah walked past Trevor quietly as she walked into her laundry room and dug into the dryer for his clothes.

She grabbed them and walked off to him, "Here." Danylah scratched the back of her neck nervously. "I'll...be right back," she murmured softly as she walked off into the direction of her room. She walked over to her dresser and placed on underwear, and some shorts. She ran to her bathroom, washing her face and brushing her teeth. Once she was done and thought she looked presentable, Danylah walked over to the kitchen. "What would you like to eat?" She asked him softly.

After casually getting himself dressed in the hallway Trevor walked back into the living room to wait for Danylah to get ready. He stretched out his shoulders for a short time, unsure of what else to do and not wanting to simply stand around listening to the sound of her shifting around and getting dressed. When she did emerge and walked past him towards the kitchen he was working some kinks out of his neck, several cracks and pops being heard in the process which must have felt relieving because he followed it up with a content sigh.

He almost had not heard Danylah asking him what he wanted to eat and when he looked over in her direction she was already waiting on a reply. He grinned and went to the kitchen to join her. With his hand still rubbing at the previous sore spot on his neck he answered her. "If I had to choose... I'd say some sausage and eggs. Anything with plenty of protein, really." He lowered his hand back down to his side and smirked. "Then again, so long as it isn't dog food I won't be complaining." he teased, not sure how else to keep them talking about something other than the bizarre changes of that morning.

Iolani wasn't dumb enough to notice how Trevor tried his best not talking about the chaos that they caused in her room. She went along with it, not wanting any of them to freak out over it. Not yet at least. Iolani nodded silently, and dove into the fridge grabbing the eggs, pancake mix, and the sausages from the freezer side of her fridge. She hummed quietly, as she took out her pans and placed them onto the burner. As she turned it on, she began to sing quietly underneath her breath.

She tapped her toes to the beat of the song, as she started to crack eggs onto the pan. As she did so the room was filled with the echo of the egg yolk sizzling on the heated surface. Iolani glanced over at Trevor from time to time, as if she wasn't sure all of this was a dream and sooner or later he'd disappear from her sight.

The sound of Danylah's singing was just loud enough for Trevor's sense of hearing to pick up on it over the sizzling of their soon to be breakfast. Her voice brought a subconscious smile to his face. He was also watching her intently, something else he did not exactly realize even when she would send her glance his way. The image of her was being painted permanently in his mind. The way her hair shined beautifully in the early morning light, cascaded down her back like a sheet of fine silk. Her arms and hands moving ever so slightly while she worked with the cooking eggs, sausages and pancakes. Even the way her eyes looked at him each time she turned just enough to glimpse in his direction. This woman he had only met yesterday already meant so much to him. On top of that, since last night he felt like he had already known her for a long, long time. She was like the most vivid dream he had ever experienced in his life.

It wasn't until the smell of the nearly fully cooked food Danylah was making overpowered his senses and caused his stomach to growl in response that he looked away. He brought up both hands and combed them backwards through his thick brown hair. A nervous habit. He stood up from the chair and walked over to the cabinets, finding plates for the two of them. He had to remind himself he would be eating this food with a fork and went looking for those as well while Danylah was in all likelihood laughing to herself at his efforts. Trevor didn't mind if she was, after all he imagined he looked rather clumsy and awkward while he looked around for things he didn't know where to find. He simply wanted to do something​ to help rather than be taken care of down to the last detail.

Danylah watched in amusement as Trevor tried finding an eating utensil by himself. A soft giggle escaped her supple lips, as she shook her head at him. "Left drawer, right there," she murmured softly to help him out as she placed his breakfast onto the table. She sat across from the plate, crossing her legs over one another as she opened up a magazine, flipping through the pages silently. She couldn't help but glance up at him from time to time like she did as she was cooking. She was still trying to figure out everything. Why she dreamt of him. Why she found him last night. Why that disaster happened last night...and so much more.

-

Sorry this is so short. :|

Trevor thanked Danylah quietly and took a seat in front of his food. He tried not to embarrass himself by eating too eagerly. Still, he could't hide that he had worked up quite an appetite over the last several days of being on the run. He also had very little practice with forks, his usage of the utensil was quite crude. His kind were never permitted to eat with anything but their hands so the few times he had used silverware was during previous, failed attempts at escape.

Looking up once finished, Trevor saw that Danylah was still watching him. He wondered if she was thinking about anything other than what had happened in her room. With his stomach satisfied he let out a sigh, more water vapor poured from his lips as the air in his lungs became chilled. He huffed again at the sight, still freaked out by the whole thing.

"Hope you liked the food, I never really have guests who...eat food regularly," she murmured to him in somewhat of a nervous tone. She felt as if he would judge her at any moment. Funny really, how she felt like this after everything that happened last night between the two. She then noticed the soft vapor escape his full lips, and a half-smile curved on her lips. She had to admit that made him attractive--her thoughts and emotions were extremely hay-wired. She licked her bottom lip and breathed heavily only to feel a warm, but dry heat escape from her mouth.

"So, have you came up with any assumptions as to what could have made all of that chaos happen in my room, or are we just going to ignore it?" she asked him with a quirked eyebrow as she laid down the magazine, to see some of the print of the text on her thumbs. Because of the heat. She cursed quietly underneath her breath in both shock and annoyance.

Nodding at Danylah's query about the food, Trevor forced himself to be quiet when he impulsively wanted to speak after hearing her mention guests who don't usually eat regular food. He had to remind himself what she was and that it was normal and alright for her to have company who were her own kind. He found it harder than he would have liked, the history between himself and her people was a long one filled with nothing but pain, anger and loss.

Something happened right after that caused him to temporarily forget and his mood brightened. Trevor couldn't help but smirk at the way Danylah had gotten ink on her fingers. Her cursing was picked up by his sensitive hearing and it caused him to chuckle lightly. Something about her made him want to smile even over little things like this. He was starting to make a little sense of what had happened but still had no idea why. "About what happened last night... I've noticed some things but I'm no closer to understanding how or why it happened. My body seems to be really cold now, only I can't tell the difference. I can't feel any kind of low temperature from the looks of it. With that ice on your window this morning for example." He held up his hand to look at it, realizing that the water vapor mist was still spouting out of his lungs. He let out a breath against his hand, knowing it should have been cold but all he could feel was the moisture on his skin. "Like now... it's so strange."

Danylah chewed on her bottom lip, a bad habit of hers. She looked at him as confusion sketched onto his face while wonder was sprouted within his irises. "Well, I'm melting shit. That doesn't help, does it now? I don't feel the heat, but I know I'm surely causing it," she murmured as she thought of what possibly could have happened. "And don't forget the whole dreaming of each other. Do you think the two are connected?" she asked him with a raised eyebrow as she raked back her hair.

Why hadn't she thought of it sooner? They had dreamt of each other way before this...and he found her by instinct...so then the chaos in her room as to be connected to all of that. Right? Danylah thought about it, and licked her lips as she kept thinking about it. Trying to connect the dots, but it just didn't make sense. "The dreaming and the elemental disaster in my room must be connected," she murmured aloud as she got up from her seat, and started pacing around the kitchen.

"Connected?" Trevor repeated her, not fully understanding. Sure both events were bizarre and difficult to explain but he could not see how they were possibly related to one another. He sat, watching Danylah pace back and forth while he tried to find some sort of similarity outside of being inexplicable.

Nothing came to find and after a short silence he spoke up again. "What makes you so sure those two things are related?" He rose up from the chair and walked over to her, wrapping an arm over her shoulders. "Honestly I can't see anything related between them, myself. Sure... they're both strange, but that's where the similarities end." He paused for a moment, that last sentence of his seeming to have made something clear to him. "Other than both of them being involved with the two of us."

Danylah shrugged lightly and then thought for another moment. "Well, the dreams brought us together...mentally. The chaos...happened when we were together, physically. And has only happened between us, not with anyone else. Right?" she asked him as she placed his dirty plate into the sink as she waited for him to respond to her accusation. "I mean...do you think that only happens between a uh...vampire and werewolf? That's ridiculous, because we've never...dealt with elements ever before," she murmured out loud.

Trevor's brow furrowed in concentration. "Well, I can't say for sure if others have not experienced dreaming of somebody else. If they have, then they don't seem to talk about it with others." With a shrug of his shoulders to dismiss the idea he continued, "Still, I've never heard of anything even close to what happened to your room happening to anyone else."

Danylah's next suspicion made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. He lowered his gaze and spoke quietly. "Well, I know the vampires who I used to belong to always told my kin that our species should never join together. That it was an abomination to do so... but I thought they were trying to make us remember that we were beneath them. You don't think that's what they meant, do you?" He asked, making a motion with his eyes towards the doorway to her bedroom.

Danylah felt bile rise within her throat at the disgusting word 'abomination'. It wasn't an abomination, simply just...unheard of. They did merely hours ago, and thinking that someone would think of that as horrific, she felt ashamed. She chewed on the inside of her lip as she shook the feeling of shame off herself. She breathed heavily through her mouth, a mist of heat burst from her lips. "It isn't, if we've never had gifts like this even before the contact. Makes no sense, my mom knew everything of anything about vampires, and she never said anything about gifts or curses like this," she told him with a shrug. Meanwhile she shrugged that off, she tried shrugging the thought of being called an abomination.

Danylah was clearly upset about the comment he had made. Trevor decided to move their conversation away from the subject. Fortunately he already had an idea. Danylah mentioning her mother and how she had known all about vampire abilities and legends gave Trevor an idea. "I don't think we're going to find the answer ourselves. You mentioned your mother knowing everything there is to know about your kind." He leaned back against the wall and looked towards the door to Danylah's room once more before meeting her eyes with his.

"I don't think it would be a good idea to go asking your mother about this, given what I am and you being her daughter. Still, there should be others with extensive knowledge regarding old tales or supernatural events. Maybe we could try to talk to someone like that." He offered, "That is... if you think it would be safe to even try. I don't expect many vampires to be sympathizers."

Danylah walked over to the phone that laid on the kitchen counter. She began to dial her mother's number, and bit her bottom lip as it began to ring. She watched as Trevor looked at her in wonder, his eyes filled with confusion. "Danylah?" her mother answered the phone in shock. "Mom, I'm in a bit of...of a rut," she spoke on the phone with a nervous chuckle. Danylah looked down at her toes, as she spoke on the phone with her mother, as if her mother was in front of her and she was telling her something she warned her to never do.

"What happened, are you okay?" her mother asked, uneasiness deep within her voice. "I'm fine, well, more than fine. Can, can you come over?" she asked her mom as she waited for her reply. "Of course, I'll be there in a little," she spoke, and hung up.

Hearing Trevor's suggestion seemed to have given Danylah an idea because she immediately picked up her phone and dialed in a number. Trevor eyed her curiously, hoping that she was not doing what he thought.

"Mom, I'm in a bit of... of a rut," --

Trevor's gut wrenched when his fears were confirmed. He barely caught the rest of her conversation. The need to get away flooded his thoughts and he struggled to not shout out at Danylah or take off for the door. How could she! Surely Danylah knew the danger of inviting another vampire to meet him... to tell one what the two of them have done together. Least of all her own mother.

"Danylah..." Trevor's voice was shaky; full of fright and nervousness, "I seriously hope you know what you're doing. You called your mother. She won't kill me? Especially after finding out what we've done. What we've caused?" He took to pacing frantically across her dining room, his hands occasionally combing through his hair. Typical nervous behavior for him. "What if she wants to send me back..." He looked at her briefly before turning to continue his pacing, his face contorting as he sneered, his words rumbled as he growled out the rest of that concern. "I won't go back."

Danylah noticed the color drain from his face, fear etching into his eyes as nervousness consumed his limbs. He began to pace, and began to blab about not wanting to go back to wherever he came from. "Trevor--" she was stopped by his ranting. She stepped in front of him, taking his hands into her own so he would stop walking and look down at her. "She's not going to take you back, she'd never do that. Trevor, sweetheart, breath," she murmured as she placed a hand on his cheek, rubbing his cheek with the side of her thumb ever so softly to calm him.

"Relax, just breath in and out. I didn't mean to cause harm. Relax," she murmured softly as she looked into his fearful eyes with her soothing ones. "I'm sorry, but we need help...don't we?" she asked him.

Stopped in his tracks by Danylah, Trevor looked down to meet her gaze with his. After a few moments of trying to steady his breathing as she requested, Trevor spoke. "I just can't stand the thought of being recaptured." he admitted, his voice was soft now as the touch of her hand on his face began to calm his mind. Her skin was warm and soothing. Just because he could think a bit easier did not mean the thoughts shared her view that her mother would be harmless, however. He did not trust other vampires as he trusted her.

"It would mean going back to my old masters. They would torture or maybe even kill my family and friends in front of me as punishment. I'd..." his eyes faltered and Trevor clenched them shut. He pulled Danylah against him, embracing her in his arms. "I'd lose you forever." With that, he planted his lips firmly against hers. In his desperation all he could think of was getting a little more time with her.

Danylah noticed the desperation in his eyes, heartbreak in his voice, fear and hunger within his kiss. She kissed him back, holding her breath back deep in her chest. Her delicate fingers found their way around his neck, keeping him close. She wanted the memory of him ultimately close to her body, soul, and heart forever in her mind just in case anything bad truly happened. He seemed too...too good to be true for anything to be wrong.

His fear, desperation, and heartbreak traveled within her as well. Both of them sharing these heart-wrenching emotions. An 'I love you' was right on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't speak. She wouldn't, afraid to ruin any time they had left together.

Trevor pulled Danylah closer, his arms holding her firmly against his chest. He dreaded the idea of losing her and he had only met her day before. This fact never ceased to amaze him. The way their bond seemed to have years of strength holding it together only made the fear of being captured and forced away from her more powerful. It drove his every action.

After several moments Trevor pulled away from their kiss to regain his breath. Icy mist was again pouring out of his mouth at an alarming rate. It blurred his vision beyond the sight of Danylah's face. It seemed to frame her in it's haze and it wasn't long before Trevor had caught his breath and took her again, practically lunging at her. He met her body with his with enough force to push her back several steps until she was against a wall.

Trevor wasted little time with his movements. Danylah was quickly hoisted into the air by her waist, his arms holding her firmly against the wall and at just the right height that he could kiss at her neck with ease.