Howling For Blood

Danylah watched as he continued eating his sandwich, his breathing slowing and becoming heavier as she started to re-trace his scars. Her fingertips lightly traced each and everyone individually. Three large, jagged ones splashed out from his back. While the other thirty or so were small, light pink ones that were finally healing. "They...did this to you?" She asked him, her breath shaky. She knew who...'they' were, and was completely disgusted in having to call herself one of them.

A vampire.

"How could they..." she trailed off, her voice cracking as she laid her palm on his back, feeling the random spots of coldness of the scars. Pain searing through her veins.

With his back still turned to her Trevor sneered his lip and his brow furrowed. His gaze became fierce as he recalled the incident. She knew now... there was no use in not telling her. Besides, she seemed remorseful, maybe she would learn something about her people, those that dared to call him and his kin the beasts.

"That's right..." His voice was shaky. Not out of fear, or embarrassment but out of anger at his old captors. "They would whip any of us who disobeyed a single rule. As you can see... I got my fair share of lashes." His back shuttered, remembering the sharp pain of the metal tipped whips scraping and tearing into his flesh. "Most of them for just standing up for my brothers and sisters." He paused, unsure if she was aware of the bonds werewolves in a pack shared. He added; "My pack, if that is less confusing to you." His head dropped, his voice wavering now, all look of anger and resentment replaced by agony. "The three large ones on my back... those were not from whips. Those are by large bladed hooks."

Danylah already felt a strong connection with this werewolf in her home. Knowing that her own filthy kind caused him injury and pain made her sick in the stomach and angry. She could feel the saddness and pain boiling underneath her skin as she continued to look at his scars. "Trevor I'm so sorry that...that they did these horrifying things to you and your pack," she whispered shakily.

"God I'm so ashamed," she added quietly in a low, inaudiable whisper.

Trevor sensed sincerity in her words. He suddenly felt awful for making her feel this way. This was why he had not wanted to tell her. After all, so far she was very different from the rest of the vampires he had met in his life. She didn't try to kill him for the sole reason that he was a werewolf.

He took in a deep breath and held it in his lungs for several seconds before exhaling. "It's nothing you should be sorry about, Danylah. You were not the one who did this, your kind did." He hoped his words helped. "But thank you all the same."

Danylah bit her quivering lip, as she nodded slowly looking up at him. "I know I didn't do it a-a-and it's stupid for feeling like this b-b-because it's you that they hurt and," she stopped, finally taking a deep breath only to feel the tears growing in the back of her throat with a steady pace.

She looked down at the floor, as her hands suddenly had a mind of their own. One hand laced around his waist, while the other went over his shoulder. She was holding him, hugging for both her and his support. She laid her head on his blade, and sighed. "I promise it w-won't h-happen ever again," she whispered as she held him. She knew it might have been farfetched to just...hug him like that, bu she couldn't help it.

Trevor was surprised by his own reation. He had welcomed her arms as they held onto him. He found that her sweet embrace made him start to feel better, he even felt like he could believe what she told him. Could she really ensure he wasn't captured again?

He remained perfectly still, allowing her to tenderly hold onto him. Well, still until he allowed his arms to move, slowly placing his hands on top of hers where they laid on his skin. He felt a single tear grace his back, slowly rolling down until it became absorbed into the towel around his waist. He whispered quietly back to her, "Thank you... no one has ever shed a tear for me." He almost wanted to turn and hug you back, but he was mindful of what he currently wore and figured he enjoyed this well enough.

Danylah slowly released her grip on him, wiping her eyes for any further tears to come out. She walked over to stand beside him with an unreadable expression on her face. "No need to thank, you deserved it. If anything you deserve more," she whispered to him with sad eyes, and a half-smile. She then started to fidget with her thumbs, when she noticed that he was done eating. "I'll take that," she murmured quietly, grabbing it.

She didn't move at first, both of them looking into each other's eyes. After a couple of heartbeats, she walked out in a hurry to separate them.

A chill raced up Trevor's spine when Danylah let go of him. Had he really enjoyed her touch that much? He watched her as she walked off in a rush and wanted to reach out his hand, to call her back. He took another deep breath and sighed it out. He took a seat on the couch, careful to sit in a more proper position to keep his legs together while resting his head back against the cushion.

He called out to her with his eyes closed in a tired sounding voice, "I can't believe I haven't asked you this yet, but... What made you decide to help me? I mean, I'm very grateful and all. It's just that, you didn't even know me."

Danylah chuckled silently to herself, as she was drying her hands on a towel. She walked over back to the sofa, placing her hair back with a hair tie. Danylah finally sat down next to Trevor, her body close and facing toward him. She played with her thumbs lightly, not wanting to look at him as he said this. "I don't want to seem insane...but I do know you," she murmured softly.

After she spoke, everything was utterly quiet. Finally, she looked up to look into his dazzling eyes.

Trevor raised his head from the cushion to look at Danylah. Had he heard her correctly? She... she knew him?

He waited for her to raise her eyes up to meet his gaze. He found her answer so mysterious he didn't know what to ask her next. Looking into her eyes he came to realize something. She looks strangely familiar. Trevor inched closer to her, examining her facial features. Where had he seen her before... he couldn't quite place it. Without realizing just how close he had gotten or that he was staring, he opened his mouth to speak. "I feel like... like I know you too. I'm not sure where, but you feel very familiar to me."

Danylah's eyes lowered down to his lips, able to see each significant hair he called stubble. She then looked into his eyes as she held her breath and he spoke. So he was starting to feel it too? Or was she simply going insane? If she was...insanity never felt so good.

"When...you were running for your life. Were you drawn to the hall? As if...you weren't able to go anywhere else, besides there?" she asked, her voice barely over a whisper.

"I think I must be going crazy," she teased softly, lightening the mood. The tension in the room was heavy, but Danylah didn't mind the pressure of it. If anything she encouraged it.

Trevor's eyes lost focus and seemed to stare straight through Danylah. Had he really been drawn to that building by something other than the need to hide and the scent of food? It seemed safe enough to him at the time, compared to other available options.

Then again, was it really that safe of a building to hide in? He had managed to destroy the lock easily even feeling so weak and exhausted. Mortals may have had trouble breaking it but the vampires who would have been after him could have snapped it just as easily as he had.

"I... I am not sure. I do remember, you were the first one in the room my eyes were drawn to. At first I thought it was because you were not preparing to kill me but now..." his voice grew quiet as he remained lost in thought. "now I'm not so sure."

Danylah watched as he looked past her, not even at her anymore. She pulled back a bit, giving him enough space. She nodded slowly, agreeing with her. "At first I was actually going to leave, but something told me to stay," she murmured, not sure if he was even listening to her or not.

[Sorry it's short. D:]

((That's alright))

Trevor's eyes came back into focus, realizing he had moved too close to Danylah for her comfort level. He brought his right hand up to the side of his head nervously. He wasn't used to saying his thanks so often. "For what it's worth, I'm glad you decided to stay and help me. I'd be dead right now if you hadn't."

He leaned back against the cushion. This day had really taken it's toll on him. He had woken up on the run and now he was sitting in a woman's living room wearing a towel.

Danylah shook her head, "Don't thank me...it was pure instinct to help you. I had no control, but if I could relive all of this I would still help you," she murmured to him sweetly. She raked her hair and got up from the couch.

"I'm going to change, just...make yourself comfortable," she murmured to him as she walked over to her washer and dryer, placing his clothes now into the dryer. She quietly walked into her room, unclipping her hair to let her curls flow gracefully. She unzipped her dress on the side to reveal her pale pink undergarments. Danylah walked around her room, throwing things in the laundry basket, putting back her jewlery. She put on a baggy shirt, that fell off her shoulder a bit and shimmied on shorts. No matter how much she tried not to think, she failed.

With Trevor only a few feet away...it was hard to remain calm.

Trevor became lost in thought once more. The fact that Danylah felt so familiar to him and not knowing why was bothering him. He could swear he had never met her before but something about her eyes had triggered the strangest feeling inside of him.

The sound of Danylah walking around in her room distracted him momentarily. He was not used to things being so quiet, the softest of noises seemed to catch his attention now. She had told him to get comfortable but he didn't quite feel like he could without some clothes on. Stretching out on the cushions would have to wait.

Danylah came back with a genuine smile on her lips as she sat next to him. Once she relaxed into the cushions, her knee brushed Trevor's. It was nothing major, but it didn't seem that way. Her heart rate increased, her knee burning to touch his again, a blush growing in the tips of her ears and cheeks.

"Your pants will be dry soon, just ten more minutes. So, tell me about yourself," she murmured softly as her eyes locked on his. It was something she couldn't control. Kinda' like the weather.

Trevor's eyes locked with hers. He didn't expect a simple brush of the knee would make his heart beat so quickly and it had made him anxious.

"Tell you about myself...?" he repeated her, not sure what there was to him to tell. He ran his hand through his hair, smoothing it as well as giving him something to do with this nervous tension he was feeling. "I'm not sure what there is to say. I don't remember having parents. At least, not paternal parents. This also isn't the first time I've tried to escape from my imprisonment." Trevor then give Danylah a hint of a smile, his voice more calm, "I can gladly say that this is the first time I've been helped though."

He stretched his arm over the top of the sofa to let it dangle down the back and looked at Danylah more fully. "How about you?"

Danylah chuckled lightly at his comment of this not being his first time escaping. "It'll be your last attempt, I promise," she whispered to him quietly.

"Oh, me?" she asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well...I've been a...a vampire for only thirty years--which is young in my case. I'm the only daughter of ten kids. We were all born as vampires, but once we turn around twenty, we just...stopped growing. I love drawing, singing, and photography. And I've been dreaming about you for as long as I can remember," she murmured the last part more quietly than everything else she informed Trevor with.

Curiosity about how Danylah intended to keep her promise that he wouldn't get caught was swept aside before he could even ask. Trevor's head perked up when his sharp ears picked up her whispers. Had he heard her correctly?

"You've had... dreams about me?" his voice was very quiet, thinking about Danylah's eyes again. Mentioning her dreams gave him an idea. Trevor could scarcely remember his own dreams. Not that he usually wanted to, they were rarely pleasant. "Is it my dreams that I know your eyes from?"

Trevor had not meant to ask this question aloud and didn't even realize that he had. He was too preoccupied looking into Danylah's eyes.