Howdy

C

carnageofthesun

Original poster
What do you prefer to be called? I... have no idea yet.
Boy, girl, or a mystery? Female, though people online frequently assume otherwise. It amuses me.
How many years young are you? 24 was my last milestone.
Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying? New to the site. Been roleplaying for 12 years or so.
Groups or One on One? Depends on the plot. I have ADD and I freak out and give up if I get very behind so I stay away from a lot of groups. Small groups and 1x1 are best.
Pool or Beach? Pool for swimming, beach for investigating/walking.
SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind? No songs. Just bewildered at some of these names; why would someone name a plant Cenizo? Also the amusement of the nightshade being in the genus Solanum.

Stole the questions from someone. Moving on? I enjoy telling about myself but don't typically do the 'introduce yourself' crap. I'm a chick, I'm from Texas, and I'm finishing up a degree this summer. I'm an old hand at roleplaying and grew up on the Harry Potter forum though it's rather dismal there these days. I'm juggling three residences (I haven't fully unpacked in six years), wildlife is my passion, I have a spotless driving record and a sexy Jetta, I have a pet rabbit I adore, I love Dr Pepper, I have arachnophobia, I'm on the tall side and quite thin, and I am quite fond of my boyfriend.

While my friends have to look nice for graduate programs and work, I have to invest money in sunscreen, snacks, trail shoes, and field guides. Really sucks to have cute dresses you never get to wear. -__-'

I have male and female characters and have done male slash pairings (typically with a bit of planning/plot) in addition to heterosexual ones. Roleplay partners with patience are worth their weight in gold; my life can be pretty hectic and I just don't RP as much as I used to. I typically write 2-8 paragraphs.

Welcome.
I have a feeling the word "solanum" may have more to do with the verb "solor" than with "Sol", though I have no proof on that.

Thanks!

And dude I have no idea; I know zero latin. Interesting input! Occasionally something is obvious like microphylla for small leaves or quinquefolia for 5-leaflet or even callicarpa for beautiful fruit.

I understand though. Sometimes I run into things like this, I still find it strange that "numerous" and "numberless" are not opposites but the same. :D
Yes, well, callicarpa is Greek, so is microphylla, but quinquefolia is Latin. And some names are a mix of the two and make me ram my head against the wall. Galanthus nivalis comes to mind, but at least in this case the seprate languages are in separate words, I know that there are some in which not even this is true (they just, fortunately, don't occur to me now). It's a pet peeve of mine how they mix Latin and Greek in scientific names like they are the same thing. You are not at fault for this, of course, so it wasn't directed at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never considered that one. I probably don't pay enough attention to things outside of the stuff I have to know (biology). I notice misspellings and incorrect punctuation more than the words themselves sometimes.

I guess I oughta decide on an alias but it's been a while since I came to a new site. In fact, I didn't even expect to stick around the last one I joined. I don't really fancy the idea of people being inspired for names by my avatar of toads.

It's a pleasure to have you hear at Iwaku, welcome and enjoy your stay. I hope to see you around the forums and maybe even we can rp together one day. Well I leave you with a farwell!! XD